Rio Del Sol
28215 Hwy 74
Evergreen, CO 80439Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Rio Del Sol
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riodelsol.info/
- Phone: 3036703000
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 Days a Week for Lunch and Dinner. Happy Hour drink prices during Lunch Monday thru Friday! Brunch Saturday & Sunday 10am to 2pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Take Out Catering
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties of up to 40 accommodated in a section of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: LeAnne Arrigan 3036703000
A word from Rio Del Sol
Rio Del Sol is recognized as one of the best dining experiences in evergreen. featuring the authentic cuisine of mexico, Rio Del Sol will expand your culinary experience into the unique regions of this diverse country. Featuring the seafood entres from the coastal regions to the unique moles of the central territories. Come in and enjoy the distinctive pleasures while pondering the creative artwork that adorns the walls provided by the Stoneheart Gallery. Rio Del Sol features a variety of beverages to compliment your dining experience. Don't miss HAPPY HOUR for lunch from 11-4pm in the main dining room and in the cantina from 11-6 pm monday thru friday. Reservations are gladly accepted.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rio Del Sol reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Good "high end" MexicanDianeDined on 10/7/2014If it's fair to call it that, but indeed better than the typical burrito joint. High end Mexican with great mole sauce. Felt we were rushed a bit even if there were 2/3 of the tables not filled. Don't like having plates removed while 2 of 4 were still eating.Special Features:
- Great Local SpotLeslieDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I recently purchased a home in Evergreen and stumbled into Rio Del Sol for a late lunch one day. We were greeted by friendly wait staff and sat ourselves at the bar. The restaurant has a casual, warm atmosphere. The service at the bar was okay, but the food was excellent. We ended up sitting next to the owner, who welcomed us to Evergreen; it was great chatting with him! The next time we came in, we brought my in-laws and sat on the patio. Our service was EXCELLENT. Our server was knowledgeable and kind; it was the best service we've had in a long time. Her timing was perfect and everything came out as ordered and was delicious. We will definitely become regulars at this spot!Special Features:
- The following 112 reviews are from the Rio Del Sol reviews archive.
- Truly disappointingAwesomeVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have eaten here last year & earlier this year loving the bacon wrapped shrimp app & short ribs with delicious beans that we couldn't stop talking about, as well as Mojito marinated chicken breast in a mole sauce with cinnamon cream & sweet potato purée that we crave. Well not the case any more. The chicken breast shrunk is was dried out, no more puréed sweet potatoes now a greasy vegetable & rice & the ribs were overlooked. I guess new chef down sized portion of chicken to too small & uses sooooo much oil you'll be nauseous. As well as all the over cooked food. It's a shame. We won't be back.
- Rio Del Sol the Best in Evergreen.MtnbeasDined on 4/20/2014We have been going to Rio del Sol now for 2 years since we moved to Evergreen and we have never been disappointed. We eat there at least 3 times a month or more. The wait staff and the management are just the best in town. Beasley'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step up from the usual MexicanjaniceogVIPDined on 3/7/2014Rio del Sol is one of our favorite places in and around Evergreen. The ambiance is friendly and warm. The food is reliably good, and the menu offers up a wide variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistency and reliablejadaDined on 2/28/2014Like the consistency in the food and the great many choices on the menu. This is not your typical Mexican Restaurant. More fine dining. Love the flexibility--that you can add not only chicken or shrimp to a salad but also salmon which almost always is perfectly seasoned and cooked. Drinks are also very yummy with a great selection of tequilas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gettin' Better all the TimeajronlineVIPDined on 2/8/2014Hadn't been to Rio Del Sol for a while, but we were going to a performance in Evergreen so we thought we'd give it a try. We're very glad we did...the food was excellent. We shared a flatiron steak entrée, the rib entrée, a quinoa salad, and tortilla soup, and everyone enjoyed the food. Things started slowly (evidently the bar was backed up) but once we told our serve about the curtain time we were trying to make, things arrived hot, on time, well presented, and delicious. If anything, Rio Del Sol has improved greatly since we tried it last.Special Features:
- Great foodParrotheadDined on 2/6/2014We have been to this restaurant several times, and food is always outstanding. This is not your traditional Mexican restaurant, they really have some unique food choices. In the past the service was kind of slow, so if you did not end to be anywhere in a hurry you are fine. This time the service was outstanding, and the food was great as always.Special Features:
- Very Good to MediocreDianeSDined on 1/7/2014A neighborhood favorite in the heart of historic Evergreen can be really great with a creative Mexican menu. However at times service is inconsistent. Overall, food is hot, fresh, and well presented. We appreciate the ambiance and the style and variety of dishes available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for New Year's Eve. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's Eve. The calamari appetizer was great. Service efficient and pleasant. My pistachio crusted sea bass was a little overcooked and somewhat greasy. My husband's lamb dish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in EvergreenLongboardVIPDined on 11/26/2013Been to them all around Evergreen. This is the best food, best ambiance and best service. Go...Special Features:
- I think the restaurant isRiodelsolDined on 11/15/2013I think the restaurant is fine For the amount of money for the food I'd Like 100% satisfactionSpecial Features:
- A night at the Rio....KtownGirlDined on 10/4/2013We always enjoy ourselves when we head over to Rio del Sol. The ambience, food and service are all top notch. And the pollo el mole was devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above regular Mexican foodChrismaniacDined on 9/29/2013They have taken mainstream mexican food to a higher level. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot in downtown EvergreenjaniceogVIPDined on 7/26/2013Moderately priced but very good food. Mainly southwestern, but there are good choices for those who don't want anything spicy. Good choice of margaritas, though some are a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was better when first openedDianeDined on 7/21/2013I notice the food quality, while still "high end" Mexican style, has diminished a bit. Good margaritas when one doesn't want a big jug o' margarita mix drink like you get at chain places. Interior is nice. Server was friendly though blanched a tad when one party wanted their steak cooked further (though he ordered it medium well). Still and all, for Evergreen, a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical mexican farelastminuteDined on 6/7/2013Not your typical mexican fare menu... food was wonderful and diverse... service a bit slow, but personable staff who were attentive - (maybe that's just being relaxed). Easy to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- Good FoodprincicDined on 5/3/2013This was the second time we've eaten here and we both liked our dinner quite well.statf was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in Evergreen.BeverleyVIPDined on 3/21/2013Best place to eat in Evergreen. The quinoa salad is deliciousSpecial Features:
- The food was good. Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The food was good. Our waitress was knowledgable and friendly; however not fast and forgetful.
- This is not your run of theDianeDined on 3/2/2013This is not your run of the mill Mexican fare. The dishes are different and all very good. The mole is particulalry good. Top shelf margaritas as well.Special Features:
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I went to Rio Del Sol for Valentines Day and it was just breathtaking!!! Had an amazing evening!! We each had the Steak oh my cooked to perfection! The house wine was fantastic! Just a beautiful place all together.Special Features:
- Rio del Solcolorado921Dined on 2/14/2013Very reasonably priced, great atmosphere and great food. What else could one want?Special Features:
- Excellent menu, perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent menu, perfectly prepared. This is WAY better than the usual Mexican fare. A local treasure!Special Features:
- Rio Del Sol always delivers.DocmomDined on 2/2/2013Rio Del Sol always delivers. The service is quick and friendly. The foo dis always good and they make great cocktails.Special Features:
- Excellent upscale MexicanDianeDined on 1/25/2013Excellent upscale Mexican fare! A bit noisy but then again it was a Friday night.Special Features:
- An excellent choice for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012An excellent choice for our low-key, quiet New Year's Eve dinner.Special Features:
- We really enjoy Rio Del Sol!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012We really enjoy Rio Del Sol! So close to us, don't have to go far for a great meal! Friendly, attentive, and careing staff. Their menu and specials are yummy. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Unreliable, Untrained, UnfortunateDianeSDined on 12/24/2012we are frequent patrons to Rio Del Sol because of it's location in downtown Evergreen and on more than one occasion we are disappointed, from untrained hostess to mediocre food, it is unreliable. Optimistic that there is a new owner; like the big screen TVs in the bar.Special Features:
- The new menu represents aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/8/2012The new menu represents a win - consistently good food, with a coupe of very notable dishes.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2012Really enjoyed our dinner. Busy and energetic place. We'll be back soon.
- My husband's food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012My husband's food was very good , he had the Blue Water Special, I had the Carne Asada and it was fair. Our friends wife did not like her food at all. The service was wonderful!
- Rio del Sol is reliably goodjaniceogVIPDined on 11/2/2012Rio del Sol is reliably good with nice ambiance and reasonable prices. Always a good choice in Evergreen.Special Features:
- Not your ordinary mexicanJimWDined on 10/26/2012Not your ordinary mexican fare but a gourmets delight. Salmon was great and so was the Pollo Con Mole.Special Features:
- An excellent Evergreen restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2012An excellent Evergreen restaurant gets even better under new ownership. Creative menu, great food and attentive service. A must dine if you are anywhere near Evergreen.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2012My husband and I are so happy to find this restaurant. We live in Denver and had never heard of it before. They offer creative, unique recipes (Quesadilla with apples, pecans,cheese (of course) with an apricot chile glaze, Quinoa salad) Everything was delicious. We definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- Good Once in a LifetimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012This was my second visit to Rio Del Sol. The first visit was uneventful and pleasant, and the food was pretty good. This second visit however was more than a little disappointing. We were seated as soon as we walked in the door at 6PM on a Tuesday night (with reservations through opentable.com, although they were not needed as there were only 4-5 other tables in use), but it took the staff, after getting our water promptly, another 20 minutes to come ask us for a drink selection. It was another 30+ minutes before the server returned for a dinner selection. Over all, I think Rio Del Sol is a good one stop shop, but I am not impressed with the service on such a slow night.
- Very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012What a great find! I am so excited I stumbled across Rio online. The menu sounded impressive, and tasted even more impressive. The menu was creative and absolutely delicious. We savored each bite. Definitely get the shrimp appetizer and the salmon entree with a chili rellenos on the side. Our server was so sweet and helpful regardless of our high maintenance. I can't wait to come back and to bring friends and family. The drinks were great too. Loved the cucumber jalepeno margerita! As my sister said, it was a memorable dinner....very reasonably priced also.Special Features:
- The food is very gourmet,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2012The food is very gourmet, and the service friendly, and prompt. We love it! One of our favorite places in EvergreenSpecial Features:
- Love the food, hate the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012We've been coming here for several years. A total of 10-12 visits. We love the food and the margaritas here. Unfortunately, we hate the service. There never seems to be enough wait staff, so the one poor soul working the room gets overwhelmed. Orders get forgotten, and you wait and wait for service. But everyone is very friendly and apologetic. We always hear "sorry, it's really crazy tonight". If you are a stickler for good service, stay away. If not, good place to sip margaritas and wonder if your order is ever going to come.