3800 Ten Oaks Road
Glenelg, MD 21737Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroblancmd.com/
- Phone: (410) 489-7907
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Janny Kim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Committed to designing and executing flawless, memorable events by combining exquisite food with the highest level of customer service throughout Baltimore / Washington Corridor
- Entertainment: Light Jazz live music on Thursday Nights between 7pm & 10pm..
- Special Events: Committed to designing and executing flawless, memorable events by combining exquisite food with the highest level of customer service throughout Baltimore / Washington Corridor
A word from Bistro Blanc
A Sleek and Sensual Alternative to Traditional Wine Bars - Envision a stylish oasis devoted to the culinary world's three most sensual indulgences - wine, cheese, and food. At Bistro Blanc, you'll experience a dazzling taste and sensory experience with fine wines, exotic cheeses, and exquisite food. Why patronize a traditional wine bar when you can enjoy Bistro Blanc's refined yet lively location? Our knowledgeable wine staff and servers can recommend pairings and answer questions about any aspect of our menus.The ideal setting for private parties, gatherings of friends, or romantic dates, Bistro Blanc has shattered traditional notions of wine clubs and bars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bistro Blanc - Best Restaurants in Glenelg ›
Bistro Blanc reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (41)romantic (33)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Another Great MealtessVIPDined on 11/24/2014Excellent wines and great food - We tried a new wine from Argentina and a new red a pinot meunier. Both were excellent. The trout and lamb ragu specials were both very nice preparations and the foie gras and mussel appetizers provided a nice entrance to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary TreatPaulVIPDined on 11/22/2014We dined at Bistro Blanc on a very busy Saturday night in November. Our server, Sara, was excellent. We began with a butternut squash and goat cheese flatbread and crispy Brussels sprouts. The flatbread was a little overdone but the Brussels sprouts were delicious in a lime and maple glaze. Our entrees consisted of pan seared trout and a lamb ragout, both of which were excellent. Andy the bartender came to check on us a few times during our meal and brought us a complimentary drink as well (he was concerned that our entrees were late to the table given that our order was behind that of a large party, but all was well). Another wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSarahFDined on 11/21/2014This is the third time I have been to Bistro Blanc with a group of ladies and it never disappoints. The wait staff is very nice and accommodating. Our waiter Warren did an excellent job and was very attentive. He knew the menu and its preparation very well. The food is delicious. I highly recommend the brussel sprout appetizer and the deconstructed take on a Philly cheesesteak. the savory bread pudding that accompanied the steak was amazing. The desserts are also top! Love going to Bistro Blanc and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campfire SmoresSsberardVIPDined on 11/15/2014Probably one of the most memorable meal presentations I've ever had. Chef takes a classic and adds the unaddable...authentic smoky campfire smell to s'mores in a glass Ball jar. You open the lid and you're taken back to those days at camp from your youth. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and lovely placedimiVIPDined on 11/12/2014We love this place and eat there frequently. Wednesday evenings are crowded due to 1/2 price beer & burgers so it affects both time and (sometimes) food, otherwise highly recommended. Menu list is pretty short, but the quality is very high and service is usually outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced gourmet foodGreensynDined on 11/8/2014Great locally sourced and reasonably priced food (for Howard County) and a wide wine selection. Atmosphere was relaxed and warm. Wine by the glass (and bottle) is a little pricey. Some moderately priced wines by the bottle would be a welcome addition. They also charge extra bread. The shared mussel appetizer in a mushroom broth was excellent and actually enough for two! It lacked enough bread to savor all the flavorful broth. The half chicken special was seasoned and cooked perfect but I could not finish it...until the next day. A little more gravy would have been appreciated. The rockfish was similarly tasty and completely devoured. Service was great. Dinner for two, a shared appetizer, a glass of wine each, and 20% tip was $110.Special Features:
- Back on formflexitarianVIPDined on 11/8/2014Bistro Blanc is always reliable for good service, great food with an inventive menu, and nice ambiance. It's our 'go-to' option for a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsKennPDined on 11/7/2014This is our first time since Marc Dixon left so we were excited to check out any new additions to the menu. My wife had steak and cheese atop an herb and pepper bread pudding and I had free range chicken with roasted carrots and corn fritter. Both were excellent as well as the wine, foie gras appetizer, and ginger bread/brownie bread dessert. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great service. Very good food.Wolfpack1251Dined on 11/5/2014Server was very attentive and knew the craft beer menu well enough to make a recommendation based on what I don't like. Tables are close together but food was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!crossroadsdocDined on 10/31/2014This time, Raj and his chef went out of the way to cook up a delightful vegetarian dishes since we are on a restricted diet for the next few weeks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Had a nice selection of small plates and our group enjoyed a nice selection. The entrees were a bit fussy and as above mostly for "foodies". Yes, I would go back again but I'd be careful who I brought with me. This sophisticated restaurant is very good but it is not for everyone. The service may have been a little uneven, but because I was with a group of friends it was not particularly bothersome.Special Features:
- Quaint and QuietabnusmcVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a few of the small plates so we could try a bit of everything, great selection on the cheese plate and the pig and fig was amazing. Wine list is extensive. We will probably go back for entrees another time. Cool feature for those that love wine...there is a tasting option that allows you to choose from 12 reds and about 6 whites, you get up as you'd like and pour. Quiet and romantic atmosphere. Wish it had been a little nicer, the outdoor seating looked like a great option for long summer nights.Special Features:
- Great food and wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014I can't wait to go back. The sweet potatoes were to die for and the crispy brussel sprouts were amazing. The wine list is extensive. I hope you get to try this hidden gem in Glenelg.Special Features:
- great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We kept ordering because the starters and small plates were so delicious and creative. Our server was fantastic-very personable and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It remains a gem!1234VIPDined on 10/16/2014Bistro Blanc has continued to deliver fantastic food, remarkable service, and amazing cocktails/wine for many years. Often we see restaurants fade …. not here!!Special Features:
- Consistently good gourmet foodPapaJohnDined on 10/14/2014Fairly small menu but daily specials. Duck breast is outstanding. Half price wine bottles on Tuesdays great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014The food was exceptional and beautifully plated. Service was attentive, but not overbearing. An enjoyable lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently PerfectValMcDined on 10/8/2014Both the food and service are flawless. The chef is a master at his art and the servers most efficient and friendly. Atmosphere is great also. We go thru withdrawal if we don't get there once a week! Thank you Bistro Blanc for giving us something to look forward to every week! With both mine and my husband's job, we frequent restaurants a great deal. Bistro Blanc is on the top of our "GO TO" list for clients, associates and friends. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Nailed it, again!KGourmaeDined on 10/6/2014Every time my husband and I visit BB, they never fail to impress. Our server was beyond attentive and knowledgable. We started the night tasting wines and then enjoyed a fabulous meal. Don't miss the oysters, the duck with mole sauce was savory and the bananas foster bread pudding was almost better than momma made it! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinersDelightedDinersVIPDined on 10/1/2014We needed a late evening place to go for a quick meal. Unfortunately, the kitchen misplaced our order ticket, The food is good and very consistent. Our server, Sarah, took care of us. When she realized something was wrong, she apologized and bought us a round of drinks. We considered this our neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great deal!insearchofgreatfoodDined on 9/24/2014Went for 1/2 price burgers and brews night. The lamb burger was perfectly cooked medium rare and very tasty. The parmesan garlic fries are out of this world. Seriously, I think I'd order them alone next time. Had 2 IPAs, Hopsecutioner and Lagunitas, both very good with the burger. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Would definitely go back that for the deals again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always accommodatingUltracsicVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went late this time, at their last seating. Despite being the only people in the restaurant and knowing all wanted to leave for the evening, they did not rush us or limit service. The food and the service are always great.Special Features:
- Brunch at Bistro Blanc a PleasuretessVIPDined on 9/20/2014Another wonderful brunch at Bistro Blanc - we sat outside this time, which was very pleasant. The brunch menu has changed slightly. My husband and son had old standbys with biscuits and gravy and the lamb burger which were as good as always. I had the duck sausage omelet which was very good. We shared the grilled Brie appetizer which was very good. We will have to come back to try the belgian waffles with peaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealMaxx2catsDined on 9/18/2014BB is a stable regular place I like to dine...can always depend on good food....waitress was too anxious to get orders and we were not in a hurry and they were not busy so it should not have mattered that my friend and I wanted to chat and have drink first before we ordered. Did feel rushed in the beginning and then later we had to ask for her. She also did not tell my friend about the free martini on Thurs night if an entrée was ordered ....I knew and had to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014This was our second time at Bistro Blanc. It's probably the best restaurant in the area. The dishes are unique and very tasty. They have a nice patio on the side that is lined with grapevines and very cozy. Great wine selection and the servers are very knowledgable. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Special Occasion dinnerrun4foodDined on 9/12/2014We went to Bistro Blanc for our anniversary dinner because we like the ambiance and the food. Everything with the dinner was fine but there were two nitpicking things about the evening - one menu book had the wrong wine list (which the waitress took to correct) and the music (electric piano) was nice but too loud for such a small space. The meal was good and met our high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here & we will returnOut2DineDined on 9/7/2014This was our first chance to dine at Bistro Blanc with our busy schedule. Friends have recommended it for a while, so we managed a visit for brunch on a Sunday. The restaurant was very quiet, the decor is pleasant, @ the service was with a smile, excellent amount of attention but also giving you privacy to talk with not too many interruptions. The bread starter with dips was delicious. My husband LOVED the homemade *Rheuben* sandwich. It looked beautiful with presentation as well as being flavorful. I ordered the crab soup of the day. I personally didn't like the taste at all. I offered my husband a taste to see if it was just me. Normally my husband will finish anything for me, even he didn't want it. They politely offered an alternative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service, but....esaumanxDined on 9/5/2014Went here with another couple the other night. As always, food was very good and service was attentive. Two issues with service, however. First was attempt (successful) to upsell. One of our friends wanted a small plate. She was told it likely wouldn't be enough food, but ended up being as large as another entree we ordered. Worse, we ordered a second bottle of $60 wine at waiter's suggestion. We each had one glass from this bottle, but were not offered to take the remainder home. Didn't realize till we were long gone. I assume wait staff had a few glasses of nice Chardonnay that evening.
- Love at first sightdininglocallyinmdDined on 9/5/2014We went to Bistro Blanc on our neighbor's recommendation, and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding as was the food. The wine list is extensive, but our server Warren was very knowledgeable and helped us pair nice wines to go along with our meals. The pasty chef did a great job of preparing delicious desserts that were also visually pleasing. The whole atmosphere of the restaurant is comfortable and friendly while still being a high-end restaurant. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucketDined on 8/29/2014The memu was extensive and inviting. The five members of our party ordered something different so we all have a taste. Everything was delectible: Brussels, Bolognese, Hamburger, Ruben and Pig & Fig. We thoroughly enjoyed the live music presented by Gene Okonski. Our Server, Carla, was quite efficient and engaging. She was helpful in recommending an excellent wine. Our friends from Boston and D.C. were quite impressed and had an enjoyable evening. The owner, Raj, made it a point to stop by and chat; even though he was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CuisineAndyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Innovative, tasty dishes. Friendly, knowledgeable servers. Consistently good experience.'Special Features:
- An interesting conceptTrishalVIPDined on 8/23/2014I love how different the concept of this restaurant is, but wish the location was more mainstream than way out there on Rt32. I ordered the Risotto, and it was actually better than a lot of risottos that I have tried recently. The Petite-Green salad was nice and had interesting combinations of flavor and texture (i.e., the pistachio crust crumble). My wife had the Thai coconut curry soup with a tomato-shrimp salsa on a toasted bread. However, for the price of the soup, one would have thought that the shrimp (marked by "market price") would be more than two extremely small pieces. I love the beer and wine selection, especially the concept of trying out so many different wines and in various amounts (and prices).Special Features:
- Keep It Coming1234VIPDined on 8/14/2014We visit Bistro Blanc frequently and the restaurant has evolved quite well over time. It's not a stagnant menu or environment, the reach of the food continues to expand with more and interesting flavors each time. I moved away from the Pig 'n' Fig, Lamb Burger, Arctic Char, of Heirloom Tomato Risotto - this time I went for their take on a Rueben …. delicious!! Continue to expand the menu and bring us new flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicePaulVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've eaten at Bistro Blanc at least six times and our latest visit on a Saturday evening was fantastic. We started with the gazpacho and pig and fig. Both were amazingly good. Our entrees consisted of the Arctic char and the seared duck breast. The char was cooked perfectly and served on a bed of vegetables. The seared duck was moist and flavorful and served with a white chocolate mole. We ended the meal with a peach cobbler (it could have used a bit more peach) that was accompanied by a scoop of ice cream. Andy the bartender sent us a complimentary after-dinner drink as well, making our dining experience near-perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food, as always, was fabulous. The wine list, as always, is unique and very good. The service is usually wonderful, warm, friendly, patient. This time, our server was cold and pushy. Despite the lack of other diners both inside and outside, she just kept coming back pressuring us to choose, order, go. It was not pleasant. It is not a cheap dining experience. I usually enjoy wonderful dinners and lots of wine over great conversation. We felt very hurried and she was very sterile and rarely even smiled.Special Features:
- nice placeLuv2dineoutDined on 8/4/2014It is a bit pricey, but the food and selection is great. Good parking, and very easy to find. Outdoor dining might be OK after dark, but no real ambience when it's light. No beer on tap, but a decent list of craft beers in bottles and cans. Menus are large and cumbersome for the size of the table. There were 4 of us and we were happy when they took the menues away. great service!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekAviatorVIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed a very delicious three course meal during Restaurant Week. Each dish was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fantastic, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We love eating here. The wine list is outstanding, and the food is a wonderful concoction of unique flavors.Special Features:
- Good Food, Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food here was well-prepared, and the wine list is excellent, but the menu is somewhat limited, 4 main courses, 4 sandwiches and flatbreads and 5 small plates, although these were supplemented when we were there by the Restaurant Week menu. Be aware that there is a separate charge for bread, which is not typical in this country.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014We sat outside on a lovely terrace. The food was amazing! Would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return! Great date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.