3800 Ten Oaks Road
Glenelg, MD 21737Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistroblancmd.com/
- Phone: 4104897907x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Janny Kim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Committed to designing and executing flawless, memorable events by combining exquisite food with the highest level of customer service throughout Baltimore / Washington Corridor
- Entertainment: Light Jazz live music on Thursday Nights between 7pm & 10pm..
- Special Events: Committed to designing and executing flawless, memorable events by combining exquisite food with the highest level of customer service throughout Baltimore / Washington Corridor
A word from Bistro Blanc
A Sleek and Sensual Alternative to Traditional Wine Bars - Envision a stylish oasis devoted to the culinary world's three most sensual indulgences - wine, cheese, and food. At Bistro Blanc, you'll experience a dazzling taste and sensory experience with fine wines, exotic cheeses, and exquisite food. Why patronize a traditional wine bar when you can enjoy Bistro Blanc's refined yet lively location? Our knowledgeable wine staff and servers can recommend pairings and answer questions about any aspect of our menus.The ideal setting for private parties, gatherings of friends, or romantic dates, Bistro Blanc has shattered traditional notions of wine clubs and bars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bistro Blanc - Best Restaurants in Glenelg ›
Bistro Blanc reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (44)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (17)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Special Occasion dinnerrun4foodDined on 9/12/2014We went to Bistro Blanc for our anniversary dinner because we like the ambiance and the food. Everything with the dinner was fine but there were two nitpicking things about the evening - one menu book had the wrong wine list (which the waitress took to correct) and the music (electric piano) was nice but too loud for such a small space. The meal was good and met our high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here & we will returnOut2DineDined on 9/7/2014This was our first chance to dine at Bistro Blanc with our busy schedule. Friends have recommended it for a while, so we managed a visit for brunch on a Sunday. The restaurant was very quiet, the decor is pleasant, @ the service was with a smile, excellent amount of attention but also giving you privacy to talk with not too many interruptions. The bread starter with dips was delicious. My husband LOVED the homemade *Rheuben* sandwich. It looked beautiful with presentation as well as being flavorful. I ordered the crab soup of the day. I personally didn't like the taste at all. I offered my husband a taste to see if it was just me. Normally my husband will finish anything for me, even he didn't want it. They politely offered an alternative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service, but....esaumanxDined on 9/5/2014Went here with another couple the other night. As always, food was very good and service was attentive. Two issues with service, however. First was attempt (successful) to upsell. One of our friends wanted a small plate. She was told it likely wouldn't be enough food, but ended up being as large as another entree we ordered. Worse, we ordered a second bottle of $60 wine at waiter's suggestion. We each had one glass from this bottle, but were not offered to take the remainder home. Didn't realize till we were long gone. I assume wait staff had a few glasses of nice Chardonnay that evening.
- Love at first sightdininglocallyinmdDined on 9/5/2014We went to Bistro Blanc on our neighbor's recommendation, and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding as was the food. The wine list is extensive, but our server Warren was very knowledgeable and helped us pair nice wines to go along with our meals. The pasty chef did a great job of preparing delicious desserts that were also visually pleasing. The whole atmosphere of the restaurant is comfortable and friendly while still being a high-end restaurant. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucketDined on 8/29/2014The memu was extensive and inviting. The five members of our party ordered something different so we all have a taste. Everything was delectible: Brussels, Bolognese, Hamburger, Ruben and Pig & Fig. We thoroughly enjoyed the live music presented by Gene Okonski. Our Server, Carla, was quite efficient and engaging. She was helpful in recommending an excellent wine. Our friends from Boston and D.C. were quite impressed and had an enjoyable evening. The owner, Raj, made it a point to stop by and chat; even though he was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CuisineAndyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Innovative, tasty dishes. Friendly, knowledgeable servers. Consistently good experience.'Special Features:
- An interesting conceptTrishalVIPDined on 8/23/2014I love how different the concept of this restaurant is, but wish the location was more mainstream than way out there on Rt32. I ordered the Risotto, and it was actually better than a lot of risottos that I have tried recently. The Petite-Green salad was nice and had interesting combinations of flavor and texture (i.e., the pistachio crust crumble). My wife had the Thai coconut curry soup with a tomato-shrimp salsa on a toasted bread. However, for the price of the soup, one would have thought that the shrimp (marked by "market price") would be more than two extremely small pieces. I love the beer and wine selection, especially the concept of trying out so many different wines and in various amounts (and prices).Special Features:
- Keep It Coming1234VIPDined on 8/14/2014We visit Bistro Blanc frequently and the restaurant has evolved quite well over time. It's not a stagnant menu or environment, the reach of the food continues to expand with more and interesting flavors each time. I moved away from the Pig 'n' Fig, Lamb Burger, Arctic Char, of Heirloom Tomato Risotto - this time I went for their take on a Rueben …. delicious!! Continue to expand the menu and bring us new flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicePaulVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've eaten at Bistro Blanc at least six times and our latest visit on a Saturday evening was fantastic. We started with the gazpacho and pig and fig. Both were amazingly good. Our entrees consisted of the Arctic char and the seared duck breast. The char was cooked perfectly and served on a bed of vegetables. The seared duck was moist and flavorful and served with a white chocolate mole. We ended the meal with a peach cobbler (it could have used a bit more peach) that was accompanied by a scoop of ice cream. Andy the bartender sent us a complimentary after-dinner drink as well, making our dining experience near-perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food, as always, was fabulous. The wine list, as always, is unique and very good. The service is usually wonderful, warm, friendly, patient. This time, our server was cold and pushy. Despite the lack of other diners both inside and outside, she just kept coming back pressuring us to choose, order, go. It was not pleasant. It is not a cheap dining experience. I usually enjoy wonderful dinners and lots of wine over great conversation. We felt very hurried and she was very sterile and rarely even smiled.Special Features:
- nice placeLuv2dineoutDined on 8/4/2014It is a bit pricey, but the food and selection is great. Good parking, and very easy to find. Outdoor dining might be OK after dark, but no real ambience when it's light. No beer on tap, but a decent list of craft beers in bottles and cans. Menus are large and cumbersome for the size of the table. There were 4 of us and we were happy when they took the menues away. great service!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekAviatorVIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed a very delicious three course meal during Restaurant Week. Each dish was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fantastic, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We love eating here. The wine list is outstanding, and the food is a wonderful concoction of unique flavors.Special Features:
- Good Food, Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food here was well-prepared, and the wine list is excellent, but the menu is somewhat limited, 4 main courses, 4 sandwiches and flatbreads and 5 small plates, although these were supplemented when we were there by the Restaurant Week menu. Be aware that there is a separate charge for bread, which is not typical in this country.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014We sat outside on a lovely terrace. The food was amazing! Would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return! Great date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Wednesday night is half price burgers and half price craft bottle/can beers. What a burger! Beef is incredibly fresh and cooked to perfection. Might be my favorite burger in Baltimore area. Also a good place for weekend brunch and very nice wine list. Service is efficient, attentive but not annoying. Raj and his staff do an excellent job and Chef is superior.Special Features:
- Bistro Does It AgainEnjoyingFoodDined on 7/29/2014I met my daughter there for dinner and since it was Restaurant week I picked items of the special menu. Watermelon salad with prosciutto started it off. Then came Bolognese Papparadelle. Finished with Earl Grey Lemon Cheesecake. It was half price wine night so we just had to get a great bottle of wine. Andy did a super job as usual waiting on us and conversationally. Raj also stopped to chat.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemMichaelBVIPDined on 7/26/2014This place is hard to find, but it's definitely worth the effort! Excellent food, service, & ambiance! Our only real complaint was with the price of the Howard Co. Summer Restaurant Week (HCSR) prix-fixe menu: the HCSR's website indicated that the price of the prix-fixe meal would be $32.14; however, when we got to Bistro Blanc, we discovered that the restaurant had raised the price to $35.14.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food!DJfromMDDined on 7/26/2014We have been to this place several times over the last year--it is never a disappointment. Food is delicious--each entree is prepped with a lot of care and attention to detail. The plating is beautiful and the seasoning of the food is excellent. The chef pays attention to detail and what they produce on the plate are works of art. Wine pairings have been great as well.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Hadn't been in awhile and decided to treat our daughter as she had never been. Everything was delicious, full of flavor and nicely plated from the baked brie to the succulent duck to the delicious peach cobbler. Our waitress Christine was excellent also- very attentive, kept our glasses full and answered our questions about ingredients/food preparation. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food I've had in a long time!deeltnvDined on 7/25/2014Hadn't been here for quite a while - food was amazing - updated menu - loved every course -highly recommend it - best restaurant in the area hands-down. Rivals upscale DC restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014It was restaurant week so we got to enjoy the pre-fix 3 course meal with wine pairing. Our bill for 2 people with 2 glasses of wine each, app, main & dessert was $90. Great value. Great food. Ambiance is nice. Loved it!! We are going back Wednesday for half price burgers & beer. Can't wait. This restaurant is good for young crowd, older or families with kids. A+++Special Features:
- Wonderful food!PmreviewDined on 7/22/2014Our visit to Bistro Blanc during restaurant week was, as usual, a very good experience. The food is always exceptional---innovative, sometimes a little quirky (in a good way), but always delicious. The Avocado soup was a delight as was the gnocchi with braised rabbit. Service was professional and friendly. Great place to go and kudos to up-and-coming chef Janny Kim!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i just wished i was closertitoVIPDined on 7/20/2014like the bistro, just a long drive to get to it.. we had dinner with a friend, so it was in the middle for all of us. As always, food is good, service is excellent and the comments by Jason on the menu and wine list were not intrusive, but as a comment to what the food was made and had.. great work. I had the pig n fig and the crab empanadas.. yum yum.. small plates, besides a full entree choice... great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ChristinaDined on 7/11/2014A friend and I were trying to find a nice local place for dinner and decided on Bistro Blanc. What a great restaurant! Food and service were fantastic. We started with the Fig n' Pig and the Korean rice cakes. I consider myself a foodie and many diners can agree that you eat with your eyes first. I can say that every dish was beautifully presented, not to take away from the great flavors each dish had. Each dish had a wonderful balance of flavor and when it comes to food, balance is key. We also enjoyed some great oysters and the seared duck, cooked perfectly. We ended with great desserts. Only complaint was no cappuccino, but the coffee was good! I will definitely be back and cannot wait to tell others about this great neighborhood find!Special Features:
- Not impressedFrequentDinerDined on 7/10/2014The flavors were very good, but not impressed with ambiance, lack of 2 specials ("ran out"), inoperable wine card, no martini glasses ("were dirty" and served a martini in a stemless wine glass). Was definitely an "off night," but for $280+tip, I surely expected more.
- A diamond in the rough!GnLRayDined on 7/10/2014The location is very deciving as the inside/atmosphere, food and service are fantastic!Special Features:
- SuperbJRoseVIPDined on 7/9/2014I live in Bethesda but had been to Bistro Blanc a few times before when in the area, and it was excellent each time so I scheduled an important business dinner there. The food was even better than on the prior occasions, and the service was outstanding -- a big hit with the clients. Bistro Blanc would rank high in DC or Baltimore -- it's worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulcrossroadsdocDined on 7/8/2014We took two new friends for Tuesdays 'half-price wine night'-the entire wine list and those on their shelves are all discounted 50%; this is a fantastic bargain. Chef Kim's menu is very well thought out, and plated appealingly. All our selections were delicious, as were the wines we chose to accompany our meal. The lavender honey infused creme brule was yummy! Bistro Blanc is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. Thanks Raj for keeping your restaurant functioning at a high level!Special Features:
- SurprisedCarrollDinerDined on 7/7/2014We thought it was going to be just another strip mall restaurant, non-descript, so so food. We were definitely and happily surprised. The food was fantastic, the wine opportunities are endless, Warren is a great waiter - he defines what a wait staff should be like. Highly recommend it - but probably crowded on weekends. We went on a Monday night - perfect, no wait, open seating great for a dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulously doneOctDinerDined on 7/6/2014We could not have asked for a better experience. The food, the service, the wines were all outstanding. We had a lovely, quiet early dinner on Sunday night, sitting outside on what might have been the nicest night of the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Bistro Blanc a PleasuretessDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time for brunch at Bistro Blanc. The restaurant was quiet - perfect for conversations. The service was attentive and timely without being intrusive. The menu provides an interesting array of choices which we have come to expect and love at Bistro Blanc. We highly recommend both the Duck Leg Confit and the Citrus BBQ Gateau in the more savory choices and the Croissant French Toast at the sweeter end of the spectrum. We shall definitely be back soon for brunch!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedDiningdivaDined on 7/3/2014Thought the reviews were good, we were very disappointed with the restaurant. We took my visiting daughter and her boyfriend out for a special meal. The service was incredibly slow with even getting rolls taking 20 minutes or more and we were charged $4 for rolls that were just ok. After waiting and waiting for our main course we were finally told our dinners were being plated. Then we still had to wait another 10 minutes. With slow service, very small serving sizes and high prices I don't think we will be going back. This restaurant seems to be in love with itself and it's self proclaimed farm to table gourmet image. However the reality of the food quality is that it was good but not that good. Better start paying attention to the basics!
- hidden jewelLoraJDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and it was quite the charmer. We went for a romantic date and was very pleased with the entire experience. The food is more tapas style as the plate sizes were smaller. This however, was not a detraction from the experience. Because the flavor of the food was so bountiful - small plate sizes work best. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to get a way from the chain restaurants for a wonderful meal and experience.Special Features:
- Superb servicefoodExpertDined on 6/27/2014There are a few dishes on the menu that are exceptional and a few that are not great. The service is always top of the line. Everyone, not Just your server, makes you fell special.Special Features:
- tasty and creative -again and again1234VIPDined on 6/21/2014Bistro Blanc continues to set itself apart from other area restaurant by consistently bringing fresh ideas from farm to table. Their menu offers a wide variety, inclusive of something tremendous for all taste buds. Their service is consistently superior, their employees know the menu cold and all have the ability to pair with wine or cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful mealJackieDined on 6/18/2014It was good to be able to catch up with friends with such great food and wine (or, I should say, beers and burgers!).Special Features:
- Father's DayfunkreviewDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed a great Father's Day late lunch/early dinner. Our server was extremely knowledgable and had high recommendations. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patrice16Dined on 6/15/2014Went to Open Table to treat my husband to a Father's Day lunch. Took a long time before someone showed up to provide water. Longer to meet the server to take our order. He revealed staffing was not at an optimum level for the number of customers. Someone tried to serve us food we had not ordered. When we did get our order, it was hot and delicious. We had to request empty glasses to be removed from the table to provide more room (tables very small for 2 people). We will chalk it up to the restaurant not being adequately prepared for Father's Day.Special Features:
- Nice Suprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I went early on a Wednesday night and we happy to find 1/2 price burger and beer night. We enjoyed the mussels and split a burger. There was a tornado watch and so the outdoor seating was closed, otherwise it looks like it would be nice to sit on the patio. We hope to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.