1727 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrobistrodc.com/
- Phone: 2023281640
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm,
Friday: 11am - 11:30pm,
Saturday: 10am - 11:30pm.
Sunday: 10am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us know three days in advance about your event, and we will team up to please your taste buds, and impress your guests.
- Entertainment: Classical and jazz background Music
A word from Bistro Bistro
Bistro Bistro is becoming part of the Dupont Circle culinary infrastructure, offering exquisite French and Mediterranean cuisine. Our private dining room upstairs can accommodate up to 100 guests with built-in AV function for your special presentations.Continued
Our 4pm - 7pm happy hours include Martinis for $4.95, glass of wine for $4.00, beer for $3.50 and mixed house drinks for $4.00. Also check out our very popular Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Our 4pm - 7pm happy hours include Martinis for $4.95, glass of wine for $4.00, beer for $3.50 and mixed house drinks for $4.00. Also check out our very popular Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bistro Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Bistro Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (21)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (11)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- DeliciousAriMVIPDined on 8/27/2014Rich flavors and creative specials. Friendly staff from all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food. Service was a little slow to order but then was on point after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pleased!EtjsingerDined on 8/16/2014A friend and I went here for Restaurant Week. We LOVED our experience! Our waitress was extremely friendly and happy as were all the other people working. Our reservation time was perfectly honored. The meal was delicious from start to finish. For entrees, I had the seafood pasta in lobster bisque and my friend had the lamb. Both dishes were done beautifully! The desserts were also delicious. While we were eating lunch, the woman next to us was having brunch food which also looked amazing. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie224Dined on 8/15/2014The service at Bistro Bistro was absolutely terrible. I would give it zero stars if I could and I would advise people to take their business to other restaurants in Dupont Circle. Not only did we have to wait 30 minutes to get the initial check but then everyone in the party of 4 got overcharged $20 each and we had to wait an additional 25 more minutes for the check to get fixed which did not even happen. The manager never came over to apologize even after we requested to talk to him.
- Restaurant weekJAV63Dined on 8/15/2014I've tried this restaurant a few times, but I'm still not won over each time I go! This time my entree was cold and since I was dinning with others and theirs was fine I did not ask for it to be taken back. The drinks at the bar were great and everyone was friendly, but they have a long way to go on the food quality.Special Features:
- Ok food, good servicechurst21Dined on 8/15/2014We went on a Friday night during Restaurant Week. We had an early reservation since that was the only time our friends could go. We were the only people in the restaurant for a bit, but when another group came in, the hostess seated them at the table right next to ours. And the next group that came in she seated on the other side of us. We were a bit surprised that with all the empty table around they would put people right next to each other. There were plenty of waitstaff and they always took care of the ladies first. Our table was uneven (we really noticed when we received our entrees and were eating them) and they immediately tried to fix the table and then moved us to a different one. Food was not great, but good service.
- Restaurant week visitlovesfoodDined on 8/15/2014The food was good and service was fair- the waitress could have come around more. I wish that they gave you the option of ordering a la cart in addition to the restaurant week menu. But overall a good lunch for a good price. Oh but our frozen drinks were weak tasting real milky.Special Features:
- GolferDined on 8/14/2014We are looking forward to having a wedding reception there in September.Special Features:
- A bit slow for a business lunchBelievenBeDined on 8/13/2014My boss & I took clients here recently and while the food during restaurant week was pleasing, the service was terribly slow and we ended up there for over two hours (even with a reservation) ... in that, this little Bistro has a lovely European feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so muchFoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014the food was bland. All of it. And they did not have their soup of the day. It was early in the evening
- A mix of different foods that worksMeganPDined on 8/10/2014We went on a Sunday night and it was very quiet with only a few other tables of people eating. The food was excellent. My husband got the veal which was delicious and the pasta dishes were great, too. It was a mix of French, Italian and Mediterranean food, and it really worked. A few of the reviews noted that the service was bad and took forever. Dinner did last a while, but not because the service was bad. Our waitress didn't rush us and we could find her if we needed something. It's definitely a European dining experience, so if you're not used to that then you may think the service was bad. It had a large wine list and great craft beers on tap. We'd definitely go back and I've already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- Amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Great Choice For My BDAY! Had the most amazing time here at Bistro Bistro, everything was down right perfect. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 8/3/2014Service was outstanding. The Brunch buffet should have been better stocked. I enjoyed the beef stew and the lemon cake.Special Features:
- ridiculous prices for cheap wine!!faykidsDined on 7/25/2014quality of food was very poor and it was expensive!
- Out of all foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Very disappointing dinner. They were out of veal, lobster, and duck. So this French restaurant soon turned "Italian" with only pasta and chicken dishes available. They were even out of the beer on tap!!! Took over an hour to get served dinner. Dinner was so-so. Would not recommend. They should have been closed on a Friday night in the summer if they knew they were out of so many types of food--I mean why have veal on your specials if you know you are out?!?! Friday, in the summer, in DuPont, come on now!
- Neighborhood bistro findmetman4uDined on 7/9/2014Fine food excellent service and wide menu selection. Empress ice yet limited wine list. Parking close by is free after 6:30 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 6/23/2014Would have appreciated faster service. Moules saffron was good, but wish muscles were more plentiful and bigger!Special Features:
- johnrDined on 6/22/2014First time here Menu diverse Food was excellent Sat by the open window and enjoyed an outdoor atmosphere We live in the neighborhood and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- met expectationsdcdinerVIPDined on 6/22/2014I went to this restaurant for brunch on Sunday. The bloody mary's are cheap and yummy so of course we ordered 2 rounds. I had the steak omelet (it had a good amount of meat and vegetable filling, didn't fall apart too easily, and came with a side of flavorful breakfast potatoes). My roommate had the quiche lorraine and really liked it. She couldn't finish the large portion but definitely said it was tasty. We also ordered a side of fresh fruit to share which brought some extra freshness to the meal. Overall a great meal for under $60. Our main complaint was that it was fairly empty when we arrived but we were sat practically on top of the table next to us. We could hear everything they said and at times it was uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDeborahR7Dined on 6/19/2014I was went to listen to some live jazz at the Black Fox Lounge…..they have great jazz and drinks but they serve bar food. I wanted something of more substance! I definitely found it in Bistro Bistro. The food was awesome! The service was great and not intrusive and very attentive. The owner was there and made a point to come over to our table to talk to us. Please go!! All fresh fish and unique dishes. We went again the next week and it was very consistent. Very comfortable and soothing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not greatlislenlawVIPDined on 6/7/2014Nice big spot with good service and good seats by the window. The eggs benedict was terrible. The hollandaise sauce was more like gravy - not lemony at all. Potatoes were tasteless. Other food was just ok.Special Features:
- Great space, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014The space is perfect of good weather: indoors but open to the street. The food is good: solid, but nothing to write home about. I'll never complain about a dish there, but nor can I ever rave. I get the impression these are not secret recipies with a special ingredient, but honest, same as mom made in a hurry after work fare.Special Features:
- Nice waitstaff and cocktails!RedlipstickDined on 5/26/2014I enjoy mussels so I tried the Moules a La Mariniere and they were very good. Really mussels just need some herbs and butter to bring out the flavor and these were flavorful. I had the large pot which I think is necessary when eating mussels in order to feel satiated. The French Martini with raspberry liqueur and peach schnapps was nicely done and not to sweet. We sat near the front with the windows open on a nice afternoon so the feel of the place was very relaxed and cool. We also had a lovely French waitress who was very pleasant and indulged us by helping us to pronounce the menu items in French--very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find in the neighborhoodDCdinerDined on 5/18/2014Good food, excellent service, and a nice atmosphere--Bistro Bistro is a great find.Special Features:
- French name Italian menu but not reOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014This is the second time in 5 years that while visiting DC I ended up in this restaurant, both time looking for French food. Well this is not really French but the food is good. I wouldn't recommend the calamari but the rest was good. Noise level was way to high for our group of 3. My husband had to leave to rest outside while we waited sooo long for our dishes. The server mentioned a free drink to compensate for the wait but did nothing on our bill, weird, I would rather she said nothing. She was good though and very practical.
- dupont restaurantmavenDined on 5/16/2014Pasta good. The rest of the food was average to pretty good but the bread was awful. Neighborhood joint with moderate prices.Special Features:
- Jeff CurlJeffCurlDined on 5/11/2014Whenever I'm in DC I make a point of getting at least one meal at Bistro Bistro. Same great accommodating staff year after year. .. great food. .. fair prices... and you'll feel taken care of and appreciated ... perfect in my book. My last trip included 9 for dinner. ... many are fussy... all were happy! whew! They never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerPennyBreakerDined on 5/11/2014Great place for a Graduation Dinner! Jackie our host was friendly, hospitable and adorable! She was professional, answered all questions prior to accepting the reservation. So, there were no surprises! Food was perfect -- serving portions were appropriate -- not too much, not too little -- everyone finished their plates - had just enough room for a nice dessert - champaign, appetizer, salad etc. There were no wasted food. Service was swift - on time - no hanging around -- didn't disturb us -- had great conversation with graduates, family and friends -- luckily we found parking just within a few feet of the front door -- so, it was perfect.Special Features:
- Impressive brunchfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed the all-you-can-eat brunch buffet on Mother's Day. Food was great. Restaurant itself is attractive and would be worth trying the evening offerings as well.Special Features:
- Just Nice BrunchGussDined on 5/11/2014The brunch at this restaurant is advertised as having been voted the best in DC. With that as context I was a little disappointed on Mother's Day. The restaurant is pleasant and is located in a great DC neighborhood. And there were certainly many choices and most items were delicious. However, most of the prepared food items that should have been served warm were not even close to the proper serving temperature. When I chose to order an omelet I was disappointed that the woman making them didn't seem to know how. What resulted was more like scrambled eggs with veggies mixed in. (No ham was available for omelets.) Overall it was a nice but not great brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 933 reviews are from the Bistro Bistro reviews archive.
- easter bunchEaster2014Dined on 4/27/2014We had to wait over 30 minutes for our reservation. The steam stations were out of breakfast food. They filled them later. The waffle station took a very long time. The food was not hot and some of it was dried out. We have been there before and it was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Highlightsluv2eatVIPDined on 4/27/2014Had a great lunch with friends at the restaurant. The brunch buffet had a rich selection of food items and they were all fresh and hot. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allow Extra Time for ServiceDCDiningVIPDined on 4/27/2014No one here was in a hurry to serve our group - we had 7 people, but it took an extremely long time to flag down a waiter to take our beverage orders...and then a very long time to get a waiter to take our food orders, as well. Surprise - the check also took a while. If you're not in a hurry, the food is good and the place can accommodate a large group, but don't plan to be out of there in any reasonable amount of time.
- disappointinggatorgirlDined on 4/26/2014This was very disappointing. The ravioli tasted no better than Canned Ravioli and the bread was stale.
- Frace under fireluv2eatVIPDined on 4/23/2014We have been frequenting this restaurant for several years and love it. We brought out of town guests for dinner and there was an electric problem in the kitchen resulting in a considerable delay (first time for us). This can happen anywhere. The server comped an extra bottle of wine as well as dessert. The food, nonetheless, was delicious with a healthy portion. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter Brunch8709hamiltonDined on 4/20/2014The host was terrific. Despite being filled to the rim, my party of 6 was quickly seated. The buffet was a little tight so you got ot know everyone dinning. The food was terrific. Caution, dont load up on the breakfast food - there is so much more to enjoy!Special Features:
- Realistic ExpectationsYummyDined on 4/20/2014We were late for our reservation but the host seated as as quickly as he could given the numerous reservations and walk-ins of large parties. The buffet was about what I expected for a $25 all you can eat brunch. Highlights were the ham egg's benedict, roasted salmon, raw seafood spread (when it had options minus the watered down cocktail sauce), meatloaf, mimosas, and fresh fruit. What you can avoid, the homefries, the omelet station (essentially scrambled eggs with toppings), Dessert table (unwrapped pre-made hostess snacks and jell-o cups). If you want fine dining don't come for the brunch buffet as there are no a la carte options, but if you want plates of tasty food and a fun atmosphere, check out Bistro Bistro.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchJennyDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was friendly with good service but the food was mediocre at best. The buffet meats were over cooked and the desserts looked all store bought and not made in house. Options on the dessert table included containers of Jello and canned peaches for Easter! We were very disappointed.
- NessDined on 4/19/2014I took my best friend to Bistro Bistro to celebrate her birthday. We both ordered Ribeye steak and frites and asked for it medium rare. When we received the steak it was almost well done. The server took our steaks and returned with two perfectly medium rare cooked steaks that were delicious. The server brought us a complimentary glass of wine while we waited. To finish our meal, the staff turned off the lights in the restaurant and came out with a dessert with a giant candle on it that resembled a sparkler. The entire restaurant sang happy birthday to my friend. The overall experience ended up being terrific even with the initial minor glitch. I highly recommend this restaurant for birthdays.
- Lentil soup better the 2nd nightWestCoastStarDined on 4/17/2014We chanced on this spot walking back to our hotel and noted the menu board out front. Lentil soup pulled me in. Service was friendly and we were seated immediately. We were given a roll with parsley garlic stuff- yum! We ordered the special menu beginning with the lentil soup followed by chicken Marsala and a big swirl of linguine. The bowl of soup was so tasty and large, I barely ate any of my entree. We returned the next night since it was cold and a bowl of soup seemed just right. We had the house salad and it was just the right amount. I felt was that the noise level was very loud. I don't know if it was acoustics or if it was because the large front windows were shut against the cold, but conversation was very difficult.Special Features: