1727 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrobistrodc.com/
- Phone: (202) 328-1640
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm,
Friday: 11am - 11:30pm,
Saturday: 10am - 11:30pm.
Sunday: 10am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us know three days in advance about your event, and we will team up to please your taste buds, and impress your guests.
- Entertainment: Classical and jazz background Music
A word from Bistro Bistro
Bistro Bistro is becoming part of the Dupont Circle culinary infrastructure, offering exquisite French and Mediterranean cuisine. Our private dining room upstairs can accommodate up to 100 guests with built-in AV function for your special presentations.Continued
Our 4pm - 7pm happy hours include Martinis for $4.95, glass of wine for $4.00, beer for $3.50 and mixed house drinks for $4.00. Also check out our very popular Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Our 4pm - 7pm happy hours include Martinis for $4.95, glass of wine for $4.00, beer for $3.50 and mixed house drinks for $4.00. Also check out our very popular Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bistro Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Bistro Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (24)good for groups (19)special occasion (17)great for brunch (15)fit for foodies (15)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice waitstaff and cocktails!RedlipstickDined on 5/26/2014I enjoy mussels so I tried the Moules a La Mariniere and they were very good. Really mussels just need some herbs and butter to bring out the flavor and these were flavorful. I had the large pot which I think is necessary when eating mussels in order to feel satiated. The French Martini with raspberry liqueur and peach schnapps was nicely done and not to sweet. We sat near the front with the windows open on a nice afternoon so the feel of the place was very relaxed and cool. We also had a lovely French waitress who was very pleasant and indulged us by helping us to pronounce the menu items in French--very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find in the neighborhoodDCdinerDined on 5/18/2014Good food, excellent service, and a nice atmosphere--Bistro Bistro is a great find.Special Features:
- French name Italian menu but not reOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014This is the second time in 5 years that while visiting DC I ended up in this restaurant, both time looking for French food. Well this is not really French but the food is good. I wouldn't recommend the calamari but the rest was good. Noise level was way to high for our group of 3. My husband had to leave to rest outside while we waited sooo long for our dishes. The server mentioned a free drink to compensate for the wait but did nothing on our bill, weird, I would rather she said nothing. She was good though and very practical.
- dupont restaurantmavenDined on 5/16/2014Pasta good. The rest of the food was average to pretty good but the bread was awful. Neighborhood joint with moderate prices.Special Features:
- Jeff CurlJeffCurlDined on 5/11/2014Whenever I'm in DC I make a point of getting at least one meal at Bistro Bistro. Same great accommodating staff year after year. .. great food. .. fair prices... and you'll feel taken care of and appreciated ... perfect in my book. My last trip included 9 for dinner. ... many are fussy... all were happy! whew! They never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerPennyBreakerDined on 5/11/2014Great place for a Graduation Dinner! Jackie our host was friendly, hospitable and adorable! She was professional, answered all questions prior to accepting the reservation. So, there were no surprises! Food was perfect -- serving portions were appropriate -- not too much, not too little -- everyone finished their plates - had just enough room for a nice dessert - champaign, appetizer, salad etc. There were no wasted food. Service was swift - on time - no hanging around -- didn't disturb us -- had great conversation with graduates, family and friends -- luckily we found parking just within a few feet of the front door -- so, it was perfect.Special Features:
- Impressive brunchfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed the all-you-can-eat brunch buffet on Mother's Day. Food was great. Restaurant itself is attractive and would be worth trying the evening offerings as well.Special Features:
- Just Nice BrunchGussVIPDined on 5/11/2014The brunch at this restaurant is advertised as having been voted the best in DC. With that as context I was a little disappointed on Mother's Day. The restaurant is pleasant and is located in a great DC neighborhood. And there were certainly many choices and most items were delicious. However, most of the prepared food items that should have been served warm were not even close to the proper serving temperature. When I chose to order an omelet I was disappointed that the woman making them didn't seem to know how. What resulted was more like scrambled eggs with veggies mixed in. (No ham was available for omelets.) Overall it was a nice but not great brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- easter bunchEaster2014Dined on 4/27/2014We had to wait over 30 minutes for our reservation. The steam stations were out of breakfast food. They filled them later. The waffle station took a very long time. The food was not hot and some of it was dried out. We have been there before and it was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Highlightsluv2eatVIPDined on 4/27/2014Had a great lunch with friends at the restaurant. The brunch buffet had a rich selection of food items and they were all fresh and hot. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allow Extra Time for ServiceDCDiningVIPDined on 4/27/2014No one here was in a hurry to serve our group - we had 7 people, but it took an extremely long time to flag down a waiter to take our beverage orders...and then a very long time to get a waiter to take our food orders, as well. Surprise - the check also took a while. If you're not in a hurry, the food is good and the place can accommodate a large group, but don't plan to be out of there in any reasonable amount of time.
- disappointinggatorgirlVIPDined on 4/26/2014This was very disappointing. The ravioli tasted no better than Canned Ravioli and the bread was stale.
- Frace under fireluv2eatVIPDined on 4/23/2014We have been frequenting this restaurant for several years and love it. We brought out of town guests for dinner and there was an electric problem in the kitchen resulting in a considerable delay (first time for us). This can happen anywhere. The server comped an extra bottle of wine as well as dessert. The food, nonetheless, was delicious with a healthy portion. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter Brunch8709hamiltonDined on 4/20/2014The host was terrific. Despite being filled to the rim, my party of 6 was quickly seated. The buffet was a little tight so you got ot know everyone dinning. The food was terrific. Caution, dont load up on the breakfast food - there is so much more to enjoy!Special Features:
- Realistic ExpectationsYummyDined on 4/20/2014We were late for our reservation but the host seated as as quickly as he could given the numerous reservations and walk-ins of large parties. The buffet was about what I expected for a $25 all you can eat brunch. Highlights were the ham egg's benedict, roasted salmon, raw seafood spread (when it had options minus the watered down cocktail sauce), meatloaf, mimosas, and fresh fruit. What you can avoid, the homefries, the omelet station (essentially scrambled eggs with toppings), Dessert table (unwrapped pre-made hostess snacks and jell-o cups). If you want fine dining don't come for the brunch buffet as there are no a la carte options, but if you want plates of tasty food and a fun atmosphere, check out Bistro Bistro.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchJennyDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was friendly with good service but the food was mediocre at best. The buffet meats were over cooked and the desserts looked all store bought and not made in house. Options on the dessert table included containers of Jello and canned peaches for Easter! We were very disappointed.
- NessDined on 4/19/2014I took my best friend to Bistro Bistro to celebrate her birthday. We both ordered Ribeye steak and frites and asked for it medium rare. When we received the steak it was almost well done. The server took our steaks and returned with two perfectly medium rare cooked steaks that were delicious. The server brought us a complimentary glass of wine while we waited. To finish our meal, the staff turned off the lights in the restaurant and came out with a dessert with a giant candle on it that resembled a sparkler. The entire restaurant sang happy birthday to my friend. The overall experience ended up being terrific even with the initial minor glitch. I highly recommend this restaurant for birthdays.
- Lentil soup better the 2nd nightWestCoastStarDined on 4/17/2014We chanced on this spot walking back to our hotel and noted the menu board out front. Lentil soup pulled me in. Service was friendly and we were seated immediately. We were given a roll with parsley garlic stuff- yum! We ordered the special menu beginning with the lentil soup followed by chicken Marsala and a big swirl of linguine. The bowl of soup was so tasty and large, I barely ate any of my entree. We returned the next night since it was cold and a bowl of soup seemed just right. We had the house salad and it was just the right amount. I felt was that the noise level was very loud. I don't know if it was acoustics or if it was because the large front windows were shut against the cold, but conversation was very difficult.Special Features:
- Good, not greatEstherVIPDined on 4/17/2014My date and I enjoyed the restaurant and our meal, although as the title states, felt that everything - ambiance, martinis, appetizers, meal, menu were all good, but not great. The service was more than acceptable. It's worth trying, but I don't think I'd run back.Special Features:
- Teen's Birthday on DC VisitMyLardyDadDined on 4/16/2014Were visit DC for a short break and staying at a Hotel nearby. Booked this based on the reviews for our "fussy eater" teens birthday. Service was a bit slow to start but food was good (especially the Mussels) and everyone had a nice time. Lots of good restaurants in the area though, so competition is strong.Special Features:
- Bountiful BrunchDCDinerDined on 4/13/2014We went on a cherry blossom Sunday at 1pm. Fantastic variety and well stocked buffet brunch. Opted for the bottomless Bloody Mary and our waiter never slacked,,when the glass hit the table he was right there with it to refill. Made to order omelette, crisp bacon and sausage as well as ham. Jumbo shrimp cocktail and on and on, we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro, Bistro is Boffogood8terVIPDined on 4/11/2014A great place to eat and enjoy dishes not usually available. The Cassoulet was tremendous and part of a fixed price 3 course meal that included a martini and a glass of wine all for about $45. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Inexpensive FoodPeterandHelenDined on 4/6/2014A relaxed atmosphere, great good to share as you meet friends from out of town and relax. Food is fit for a more formal atmosphere, such as the Portobello ravioli. Yet, it is not stuffy or formal. Service was excellent and friendly without being chummy. Would definitely go back for relaxed, casual meetings, an inexpensive meal including the dinner special which includes a Martini and glass of wine with the 3 course meal for just $49...can't beat the price and the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, deceptive nameDanManVIPDined on 4/6/2014If what you want is a big brunch buffet of boring dishes except for fresh fruit, skip this place and find something with better food. We ordered off the menu and my omelette was burned with frozen spinach filling and tasteless hashbrowns and they only have white bread. Boring and tasteless food is all I can say. And to pretend that this place is somehow connected to the bistro tradition is deceptive.
- Birthday BrunchbirthdaygirlDined on 4/6/2014I came here for brunch with a group of 8 friends and it was perfect! We had the whole upstairs to ourselves at a large table with comfortable couch/benches and pillows. The food was great and very reasonably priced. The wait staff was excellent and we didn't feel rushed at all, spending almost 2 hours there. They also brought a complimentary bottle of champagne with a sparkler. I would highly recommend Bistro Bistro for special events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchJamieDDined on 4/6/2014Not your typical breakfast-only buffet. The amount of seafood available was astonishing. I've gone two weekends in a row and it's safe to say that this is now my favorite brunch spot.Special Features:
- Executive Committee Early-arrivalsFrankGVIPDined on 4/2/2014I have always liked Bistro Bistro a lot--- the early arriving Members of my association Executive Committee that I brought along on Wednesday night LOVED it. This is a group for the most part who travel a lot, like to eat and drink, and can be pretty jaded about so-so service, food, and drinks. They loved our waitress AND the food--- i think what they loved most was that the food is VERY good while remaining simple French bistro fare, the drinks and wine list are all great, the atmosphere is comfortable--- casual enough to relax--- formal enough to not be sloppy--- and the service has ALWAYS been excellent every time I have been there with a personable, friendly, and knowledgeable young person.Special Features:
- Fine Continental Foodluv2eatVIPDined on 4/2/2014As always, we are always provided a warm welcome when we dine here. The ambiance is very nice with a great street scene view. The servers are attentive and courteous, the food is outstanding and generous portions abound. The prix fixe is quite a bargain! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedHenKattDined on 3/31/2014An annual conference is held at a local hotel each year. We chose this restaurant over another local one that we love. We had heard that is was very good. Boy were we disappointed. The food was soggy and bland. I requested information on a red wine. The waitress recommended a wine that was not at all what I had requested. Our group asked about menu item, the waitress said she had never had it, but that several people had ordered it. The calamari was not crisp. The entrees were disappointing as well. Overall, I would not recommend this place. There are too many good restaurants in the DC area to eat bad food, drink mediocre wine, and have poor service!
- Nice Sunday BrunchFSFGDined on 3/30/2014Sixteen of us were there for brunch on Sunday. Price was good; food was good; staff was very accommodating. Would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!jamievDined on 3/29/2014Great attention paid to quality ingredients and proper preparation. Table of four had mussels, steak, pork chop and fish and we all exclaimed on how GOOD it tasted and how well the textures had been developed. My mussels in white wine were plump and the broth delicious. The frites stayed crisp and hot throughout my meal. Great restaurant to meet friends and enjoy good food.Special Features:
- Good for business, not pleasureTackyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Most of us chose from the fixed price options, which I've read is a way for the kitchen to unload food on its last "sell by" date, but we were all satisfied, if not exactly wowed. The mussels were fine, and if I had had more bread to soak up the saffron cream in which they were served, would have been even better, but I make a better cassoulet myself. Service was attentive, and the noise level was low enough that we could all hear each other without effort. I'd return for a business dinner, but there are better options for a date night. Only real complaint: Was served a dreadful martini during happy hour, and then had to have the bill corrected to reflect HH prices - overcharged for a bad drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/24/2014Maybe it was because it was a Monday and the restaurant hadn't recieved any deliveries. Maybe it was because there were only 3 or 4 tables occupied during the entire 2 hours we were there. This was one of the worst lunches I have ever had in a restaurant in Washington. The onion soup was tepid and thin; the onions in it were undercooked. There was some kind of glop on the pate de compagne which was served with crackers. Crackers? Really?When we asked for a baguette, they told us they never serve their pate with baguette, always crackers, but we could have toast. That turned out to be white loaf bread toasted. The endive in the endive, apple and walnut salad was well past its prime. There were 3 of us; none of us will ever return.
- Damn the reviews, full speed ahead!teddybeartwoVIPDined on 3/16/2014Disregard the bad reviews. Perfect place for a sunday brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, but probably won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014I wanted to try this place because I love French Bistros, and it had a reservation slot open for the time I was needing to meet my cousin. The staff was very friendly. I loved them. The food was ok, but really overpriced for the quality. No one was really impressed with their food....other than my little ones that ordered pizza. (yes, there were some italian dishes available.....at this French Bistro.....)Special Features:
- Bistro Bistro was delicious.pokadotsDined on 3/12/2014Bistro Bistro was delicious. Great selection of food that tastes great. Did not expect the place to be so laid back. It was refreshing and a relaxing dinner. I would recommend this place to anyone. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- I went to Bistro Bistro forTRaceyDined on 3/8/2014I went to Bistro Bistro for Saturday Brunch. They had a very extensive menu of breakfast items (eggs, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, french toast, savory & sweet crepes, etc.) which is what attracted me, besides a normal lunch menu. The ambiance was nice as well with cushions against the wall which was relaxing. There were only a few other diners so we received excellent service. The food was very good and pleasing to the eye. My only negative comment was although they offered banana crepes, banana & blueberry waffles and blueberry pancakes - they actually had no fresh fruit to make any of these. I ended up getting apple, cinnamon & honey french toast which was excellent, which was only garnished with apple.Special Features:
- Good food!SandiDined on 3/4/2014I was surprised more people weren't there. The service was amazing and food good. The mussels were outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Food & Superb ServiceTmacDcDined on 2/26/2014Have eaten at Bistro Bistro over ten times in last two months and have never been disappointed. Excellent food and very attentive and warm service. Specials have been uniformly good; some of the best mussels in town. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Have taken several very picky (about food) friends to Bistro Bistro and all have loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing bistroSoupVIPDined on 2/24/2014Although we were the only people there when we arrived, the service was polite, but quite slow. The onion soup was tasteless and cool; the Veal Francaise was tasty but served with a pasta with meat sauce but no vegetable. What country were they representing?? My companion had a Caesar salad with chicken that was something you could expect to put together at your local grocery. The rolls were dry and flavorless. Everything was edible, but we were very disappointed in this restauarant. We will probably not return, as there are many fine dining places in Dupont Circle. Alas, this is not one of them.