Bistro Bal Harbour
10295 Collins Avenue
Bal Harbour, FL 33154Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro Bal Harbour
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mistercollins.com/
- Phone: (305) 455-5460
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ferdinand Ortiz Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining rooms available.
A word from Bistro Bal Harbour
Ideally situated on the water, Bistro Bal Harbour offers both indoor and al fresco dining, a wide range of classic courses and a selection of wines to accommodate any palate and preference. Offering flavorful, home-style American cuisine with a focus on fresh, local, high-quality ingredients and exceptional execution. The service is fast and friendly, greeting each guest into our space as if it was your own home. Featuring a craft beer selection and also superb value on all wines. Whether you are in the mood for a relaxing lunch on the water, or on a first date trying to impress, Bistro Bal Harbour has the ability to meet your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Bal Harbour reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (17)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (10)special occasion (9)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- In consistentProfessorDined on 9/29/2014Last time we ate at Mr. Collins, we had a lovely meal. The Korean BBQ ribs were perfectly spiced and the pork chop juicy and not over-sauced. This time, we ordered the same thing, and the ribs had a liquidy sauce on them and they could not really be called "Korean" since there was hardly a bite to the spice. Also the pork chop was overcooked and dry and the beans were cold. When the waiter asked how my meal was (I was not going to complain), I told him about the pork chops. I had already had a few bites since I wasn't going to return it, so he graciously took it and said he would improve it. Half a pork chop came out, I think the same half I returned since it was still dry. The beans, though, were hot. Needs a consistent chef.Special Features:
- The worst!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The worst restaurant ever. Only four table to serve in the entire place and still waited 1 and 1/2 hour for our food. Salmon was raw in the middle, that means it was put on grill frozen. Potatoes floated in water like liquid, may be salmon thawing while waiting in my plate. Pork chops were over cooked and hard like a shoe sole. Every table was complaining, chef, manager and all employees were all involved at every table, to apologize. It was a shame of a night. They should change business, and close that joke of a place!
- seating locationRey1Dined on 9/6/2014When we arrived our hosted stated , we would not be able to be seated outside because of the number of our party, we reluctantly sat inside. Then we observed a couple seated outside with 9 people as opposed to our table which consisted of 7 (2 were children whom were 5). We were very upset and dissatisfied, I am not sure what the rationale was. Nevertheless, our waitress, Hannah was fantastic also the two bus boys .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spice GemIllbebackDined on 9/5/2014I get to Mr. Collins a couple of times a year, usually during Miami Spice when the three course special is available. There is always something interesting on the menu and I have never been disappointed by any aspect of the meal. On the most recent visit I had the best pork chop of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful all aroundNkp123VIPDined on 8/31/2014Horrible experience - service and food was an abomination. We went for brunch - wanted to sit outside bit no table was "available" though there were several empty tables. We're shown to a corner table for two which was unacceptable. Asked for a four top by the window and only were seated there when we intimated that if the table was not available we would just leaved. Food was awful- had to send back my entree. Server never apologized and manager never came over to check in. When we were leaving he asked " that's it"? Very strange indeed. I wouldn't go back and I would not recommend this spot.
- As usual, dissapointedStuka123VIPDined on 8/29/2014Mr. Collins has changed Chefs as no other restaurant They keep failing with the Chefs and the consequence is an empty restaurant with not really exciting dinner experiences. Will not recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- good ambiance, lousy foodenosotrosDined on 8/29/2014Went for my birthday. Was served cottage cheese and mozarella instead of burrata. Fish in sandwich was overcooked, coleslaw in bun was practically nonexisting. Calamari overcooked and oversalted. Wine was very good. View of the ocean beautiful. Extremely disappointing dining experience.
- Great view & ambience!jlodommarDined on 8/20/2014Good food! Nice view! A luxury for senses! Enjoy Miami Spice menu, it's amazing.Special Features:
- very good!caheVIPDined on 8/19/2014Second visit in a week! Delish! We had the Miami spice menus again, which was a nice sampling of what they have to offer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timecaheVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was the first time I have actually eaten at Mister collins, and the food was great!! Our waitress was very helpful and nice, and the ambiance was cool. The restaurant did not seem very crowded, but the people there seemed to be enjoying themselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationAugbdayDined on 8/12/2014We decided to celebrate my birthday at Mr Collins because of the beautiful snapshot advertised on Open Table Miami Spice. The Miami Spice menu was very attractive...not something you wouldn't desire. The food was delicious, the server genuinely kind and attentive; but the view from the out side was breath taking! Surprised at the end of the meal with a delicious chocolate soufflé mini cake ..... fitted with one candle (safe) 😉A MUST GO BACK AGAIN!Special Features:
- stevieDined on 8/9/2014The cesar salad was so-so, but the carpaccio and steak was excellent. Service was good but our second course took too long....especially as there was only three other couples by the time we were eating. there was a wedding going on at the time, maybe this explains it? Excellent view and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed a great brunch on the oceanMrMiaFLVIPDined on 7/27/2014I have dined at Mister Collins many times for dinner and always had a great experience so wanted to try their brunch. Overall it was a great experience with just a few minor hiccups. Negatives: 1) Had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated even though there were many empty tables. 2) Our server took over 10 minutes to bring our check. 3) The valet took over 10 minutes to bring our car even though they weren't busy. Positives: Crème brule french toast and eggs benedict with smoked salmon were delicious, ones of the best French toasts I ever had! Great view of the inlet and Halouver Beach. Overall: Highly recommended, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 327 reviews are from the Bistro Bal Harbour reviews archive.
- Went for BrunchCP27Dined on 7/20/2014Food was actually decent. Service was horribly slow. Server lacked knowledge of menu items and ingredients. Dissapponted.
- Amazing view with amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Mister Collins was sublime! The food was amazing and so was the ocean view of Miami. The hotel Mister Collins is in is equally amazing. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic great, food badalapiDined on 7/4/2014The ambience and the view was great. The food was not. Not value for the price. We spent 150$ in the 4th of july dinner and it was far low with our expectations. The hamburguer didn´t taste as meat. The cupcakes were all the same with no variations. The salads ok. The view of the fireworks was extraordinary. Will not come back.Special Features:
- Awesome place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014mister Collins restaurant is a good as advertised....me and my date had good server by name "Javier Gomez"...who was an excellent guide on what to have to drink and eat...and the food was great and drinks where so good...me and my date appreciate the service from the time we got there to the time we left...left Javier a hefty tip for a job well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014I was rather disappointed in the food - some dishes were dry and a little overdone. However, the staff were very attentive and helpful.
- Good serviceMadsoloDined on 6/15/2014Hide at One hotel, Mister Collins is a really nice place to go. Really good service from our waitress on Sunday June 15th at night. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemSuperbDined on 6/15/2014This is our favorite restaurant for brunch in Miami. Bottomless mimosas & bloody marys a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewsLv2eatDined on 6/15/2014I went 4 times this last time I didn't have a good experience with the food like before. They call Sunday brunch to the daily lunch menu served on Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food and not worth it at all!!!DaniDVIPDined on 6/8/2014Don't waste your time and money in this place. Is it poor food, we were 4 of us and all of us thought our food was terrible. Even the coffee was so bad! There are so many great places in Miami don't waste your time going here.
- Great BrunchiplaysquashVIPDined on 6/8/2014We live nearby and come frequently. Great view next to Haulover Inlet. Outstanding service. Except for a rough patch 6 months ago during a change in the kitchen, the food is exceptional. The creme brûlée French toast is the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Expecting MoreBrunchLoverDined on 6/1/2014Servers need to smile more. Food was ok but nothing exciting considering the price. Décor needs a lot of work to improve.
- poor mister collinsyugiDined on 5/17/2014when there for sun down dinner, bartender do not know how to make gin martini same for gin tonic !!!! blackened tuna not blackened at all waitress said that is the way they do it.... very poor service plus the 18% add on the bill I would go back for breakfast only, never for dinner againSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch!PrincessPigDined on 5/11/2014Came here with my family for Mother's Day brunch. The food was fantastic and the all you can drink for only $20 could not be beat! The service was good and on top of their game. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dive experiecenGracecuevasDined on 5/10/2014I had the most divine and special experience at your restaurant. It is quite Was I was looking for. The ambiance and the view is amazing. I work in Bal Harbour and I will come back again to enjoy your brunch delicious menu. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view with solid foodstoriesweloveDined on 5/4/2014We ordered a few things, some of which fell flat, like the asparagus salad, and some of which we would have ordered again right then and there, like the homemade pretzels. Overall, the ambiance was what made it. The weather was decent so we sat outside overlooking the bay, and it was spectacular. Definitely a great place for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodmariagonzaVIPDined on 4/20/2014that places its very nice for sunday brunch. the mimosas was amazing and the food too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esplendid viewHmngreatDined on 4/15/2014Have your meal while having in front of you this beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean. Delicious food, menu with lots of options. You should definitely include Mr Collins in your gastronomic tour when in Miami Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shankiVIPDined on 4/12/2014Fabulous place incredible views. Kovely service vwry accomodating. Very glad to return evwry few months never disappoinrigSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the food.JferrVIPDined on 3/15/2014Disappointed with the food. It used to be outstanding but the best dishes have been removed from the menu and the remaining ones are executed unremarkably. Service and ambiance are still outstandingI would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD AND SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 3/9/2014FOOD WAS OK TODAY NORMALLY EXCEPTIONAL, I GUESS THEY HAVE OFF NIGHTSSpecial Features:
- Our highly anticipated returnguest121Dined on 3/2/2014Our highly anticipated return with out of town friends was very disappointing. Besides the view and ambience, the food was definitely not up to par. We were informed that there was a new chef and that the menu was updated leaving off some of our favorites from previous visits. The former cooked crab cake benedict was replaced by raw crabmeat under the fried egg. This crab lacked any flavor whatsoever and did not look appetizing on the plate, but looked like light gray glue poured out. Our friends order omelets, which turned out to be the best choice as they were fluffy, like a frittata. I'm afraid we won't be back.
- The best part was eating outdoors.richDined on 2/28/2014The best part was eating outdoors. Unfortunately rain and cold prevented using the veranda, but will try again on next vistSpecial Features:
- Needs new MenuProfessorDined on 2/20/2014I've been going here for a long time. They change chefs a lot and it used to be great. Not so great last time, but I understand a new chef is coming on board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, beautiful viewDreaDined on 2/17/2014The service was terrible. We waited 25 minutes to have a waiter even come to our table to ask for a drink order. Once we finally ordered and got our food, the waiter did not return to our table until it was time to clear it. It was a Monday morning, and there were very few other dining parties there, so I do not understand why service was so bad. I will say that there was a beautiful view. I picked the restaurant because it was on the water and lovely outside. It is, however, way too expensive for the bad service and okay food. (The food was good but not something you could not get elsewhere.) I would not go there again.Special Features:
- Best brunch place in South FloridaChiphi27Dined on 2/16/2014Beautiful restaurant on the water in Bal Harbour. There isn't to many places in South Florida with the view like there is at Mister Collins. The food and service was just as good as the view.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Dining ExperienceDagonDined on 2/16/2014Brunch at Mister Collins was one of the worst dining experiences I have had. We were a party of 7 that arrived at 12.30 for Sunday Brunch. The restaurant was not crowded. Our waitress took our order and 2 salads were delivered. Then we waited and waited and waited! After an hour waiting for poached eggs and similar egg dishes, we asked the waitress the reason for the delay and when would the food arrive. She said she didn't know and sent her supervisor over. Her response was to apologize but that she too did not know! The food arrived 90 minutes late and some dishes arrived after coffee.The general managers' response: Sorry! My response: This is a restaurant visited 3 times - 1st time, last time and never again!
- food was too fat too muchmusaDined on 2/15/2014food was too fat too much chips, no bread jet cake, no healthy foodSpecial Features: