Bistro At Ten Acres
14 Barrows Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro At Ten Acres
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebistroattenacres.com/
- Phone: (802) 253-6838
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro At Ten Acres
Deliciously fresh, hand made, flavorful food - soups, entrees, breads, salads and desserts at the Ten Acres Lodge. The Bistro at Ten Acres has a full bar featuring fresh pressed cocktails, local beers and thoughtfully selected wines. Fireside lounge and dining, beautiful Vermont country mountain views. Chef Gary's Seafood Epiphany changes daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bistro At Ten Acres - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Bistro At Ten Acres reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (53)romantic (49)scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Cozy mountain gemCherVIPDined on 11/1/2014Enjoyed our visit very much. Both Open Table and Tripadvisor rated this restaurant highly and they aren't wrong. We had Vietnamese Shrimp and Pork Shank and both were generous portions and very tasty. We'll definitely come again when we visit Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Vermont spotBMeisterbugerDined on 11/1/2014My fiance and I ate here on a Saturday night. The restaurant is so cozy and homey - it's in an old farmhouse, and you really do feel like you're dining in someone's home. The decor is rustic Vermont - birch limbs, twinkle lights, old wooden floors and beams on the ceiling. It was too dark to see anything from the window when we were there, but I imagine when it's light out you'd have a great view of the mountains. I had the lamb chops, and my fiance had the steak frites. I wouldn't say the food was unforgettable, but I think for what we paid it was a nice meal, and the chocolate bread pudding I had for dessert was phenomenal. Our waitress was attentive, but she always seemed in a bit of a hurry to leave our table. Would eat here again!Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Our waiter gave us excellent, mouth watering descriptions of the food. The appetizers and main dishes were tasty and beautiful. The owners have made this a great place to return to. Definitely try the flan for dessert!Special Features:
- A perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014My wife and I dined there recently on our honeymoon. The food, service and ambiance were fantastic. Very warm, romantic and very welcoming. Our food was cooked to perfection. We would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Ambiance over foodjas001Dined on 10/25/2014Loved the crackling fireplace and the warm, cozy vibe when entering the restaurant. The service was excellent from the Hostess to the server. The food was disappointing given the restaurant's high ratings. The shrimp appetizer, while very tasty, was such a disturbingly small order that it looked like someone's left overs on the plate. The muscles arrived in a lovely sauce, but were so small and shriveled that they were almost inedible. I could go on and on, but I liked the atmosphere and the staff so much that I would like to give this place the benefit of the doubt. I'm hoping this visit was just an "off" night in the kitchen. I'm willing to give it one more try....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Everone in our party of four absolutely loved their food. I savored every bite. We will go back whenever we get yhe chance .Special Features:
- Seriously great food!greatfoodDined on 10/22/2014I must say that I had the chicken - oooh such a menial word for the meal I had! This was the best meal I have ever had - really! It was to die for good and if I lived in this area I would eat there at least once a week! My husband had the Vietnamese Shrimp and it was just as awesome! Service was great and our server was very helpful without being overbearing. Perfect balance of helpful and assisting. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!!Special Features:
- Fantastic hidden gemtakemeoutVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our party of four was greated by the staff and immediately felt welcome in their homey atmosphere. We were seated by the cozy fireplace and had a great mountain view. Our waiter Ricky was personable, knowledgable and attentive; we couldn't ask for more. Two ordered the chicken dish, one of whom never orders chicken out. It was a wonderful blend of flavors and neither was disappointed. The lamb chops were cooked to perfection and enhanced by the sun-dried tomato garnish. The fourth choice was the pork shank which practically overflowed the plate. The meat was so tender it fell off the bone. The menu is creative, the portions generous. Desserts were the bourbon pecan pie, chocolate bread pudding, lemon cake and flan. Clean plates all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 for dinnerfearnDined on 10/18/2014everyone in my family loved their meal and experience at the Bistro except me. i had the vegetarian indian curry and found it mediocre. i love indian food but this did not seem authentic. i would recommend staying with the bistro theme! perhaps a polenta dish or risotto with barley?Special Features:
- Hit and MissGutsyCallDined on 10/17/2014We were seated in the least central portion of the restaurant and felt very "out of it". Not certain at all as to the reason for this since. As a couple weren't seated in the main dining room with fireplace, ambiance, and cozy atmosphere as there was plenty of seats. We felt like we were eating on the back porch. The Seafood Stew was VERY salty and not that tasty at all. Shrimp was dry as opposed to succulent. The steak meat in the Fritte plate was decent. I would certainly try to eat elsewhere for the price!!
- Unexpected Gem.TulipDined on 10/16/2014This somewhat rundown looking farmhouse produces a beautiful atmosphere inside for delicious food. The interior has been totally restored and very attractively. The menu was varied and although I ordered wrong, my husband had a fabulous chicken dish with cheddar, tomatoes and mushrooms in a delicious light cream sauce. I have never tasted more tender chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a colleaguelambchopdinnerVIPDined on 10/16/2014A couple of nights ago, I had the pleasure of having dinner with one of my VIP guest and colleagues. This is one of the restaurants that I recommend to all of her members. I had dinner here previously, but the improvements in menu offerings and flavors were extraordinary. Our server was great and knowledgeable offering great recommendations. We had the duck walnut pate and BBQ shrimp for starters. WOW!!!! I highly recommend both. We also had the lamb chops for dinner. They were also amazing and cooked to perfection. Dessert was absolutely divine. We ordered the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie and the Chocolate Bread Pudding. Both were incredible. This is definitely a restaurant I would recommend if you are in the Stowe area.Special Features:
- Great!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Haven't been there for many years. Glad to see the new owners have brought it back to the great place I remember.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!Diningdiva1217Dined on 10/11/2014Delicious food in a warm friendly atmosphere. The pan cooked lobster was awesome! Highly recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worstNickybeaulieu51Dined on 10/11/2014This was the most unpalatable meal I have ever had in my life;the salad was tasteless with no vinaigrette whatsoever. It had been refrigerated and the leaves turned soggy.My daughter's ceviche was not a ceviche. Having just returned from Peru.I cannot tell you how disappointed we all were.The dessert was not a chocolate bread pudding but rather a steamed pudding with the consistence of rubber.It was her birthday,needless to say we will not return. Furthermore,one does not bring to the table 2 dishes at the same time,it is one at a time.Incredible that the staff has not been trained properly. The only good thing was the marguerita and the bread;what a waste of money and a terribly deceiving evening!!!!
- Best place to dine in StoweOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014We have been coming to Stowe for over 40 years. It is sometimes challenging to find really good restaurants. Ten Acres was amazing. They care about their customers and serve great food. The chef is wonderfully talented, and the owners are visible and make sure your dining experience is perfect. We will return again and you should try it. One of the few great ding experiences in Stowe.Special Features:
- Busy night but great waiterLove2eatoutDined on 10/9/2014Our first time in Stowe, we used Trip Advisor to choose this #1 rated restaurant. We were seated immediately, on time, at a nice table. The ceviche was fresh and amazing. The restaurant was full yet our waiter managed to be attentive, and the rest of our meal was delicious. We finished with a delicious flan for dessert, as well as a delicious coffee, in the bar. A good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in townFood4UsDined on 10/1/2014Wanted to celebrate the wrap up of a great week in the Stowe area and this was the right choice. From mussels to pork shank, chicken to seafood stew all was well prepared. Service for a group of six was suitably slow as we enjoyed the evening in unhurried style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Sorry we didn't request seating in library. Hostess sat us in a porch like room. We were early diners and she could have shown us better seating. As we were leaving we commented on the seating and she said we should have requested the library. How would we know, it's our first time there. Very dull dining experience. Food was ok.
- Worth it for sureFoodiesearch21Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food and service, beautiful view of the autum colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, parking nightmareShashDined on 9/26/2014The atmosphere is lively and friendly. The food, though not gourmet quality, is good. The parking situation is a nightmare, and accessibility is a problem for those with mobility issues. Don't order both mussels as an appetizer and seafood stew as an entree. They have the same broth in common. Though we were among the first to get there and parked with the nose of the car toward the road, our departure was blocked by later arrivals who felt free to park on the road itself, creating a very dangerous situation.Special Features:
- Charlie's viewIloveVermontDined on 9/24/2014Great setting in a restored farmhouse, greeting was warm and genuine, felt comfortable right away. Service and servicer were excellent. Will return whenever in the area.Special Features:
- OutstandingDakotaDined on 9/21/2014The food was oh so tasty! BBQ shrimp were yummy. Lobster and polenta just made us smile with every bite. They had a decent selection of wines.Special Features:
- JenjonanDined on 9/21/2014Beautiful location and outstanding food. We read the ratings and after seeing it was rated #1 we decided to go there. We were not disappointed. Not only was the food and the presentation wonderful it was plentiful as well, we couldn't eat it all. Our last night in Stowe and it was the perfect finish to a great long weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously reliableKate3Dined on 9/20/2014We were in Vermont for leaf peeping and ate a delicious meal at Ten Acres. As usual the experience was first rate. I always have the seafood stew and each time I say it is the best I have ever had. It is full of shrimp, salmon, a whitefish and firm but tender squash in a broth with fresh tomatoes and herbs. My husband usually orders meat and potatoes but this time also had the seafood stew and agrees it was outstanding.There is a nice selection of crafty beer and the wine list is great.Special Features:
- A gem in the Green MountainsBentleyDriverDined on 9/19/2014This was our second visit, we go to Stowe each Sept for the British Invasion car show. We were delighted when we found this newly opened gem last year, and it's even better now. It's owned by a young couple who have made it one of the best restaurants in the area. It's rustic, it's beautiful and the food is nothing short of fabulous (try the braised pork shank or the lobster in Bourbon Tarragon sauce). We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, with excellent foodRootBeerFloatDined on 9/14/2014Dined at the Bistro on a Sunday night and obtained a great table by a window overlooking a pasture and cows ... beautiful. The server was attentive and friendly and had good knowledge of the menu. After considering a number of tempting entree choices, I went with the barbequed pork shank ... asked about appetizers and the server stated that I wouldn't need one with this entree ... he was right! The pork was accompanied by sweet potato mash and carrots with just the right amount of barbeque sauce to sop it all up. Very hearty. Partner had the Thai chicken soup (I tasted it and it was excellent) and the pineapple salad which looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPuffThaddyDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful setting and a warm atmosphere. Could not have been happier with the service and food. Rustic elegance at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stowe's best restaurantbudwomDined on 9/12/2014Great food, service and ambiance. The pork shank and lobster were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Perfect table. Cute waiter. Excellent Maple Manhattan. And a .2 mile drive. Delish! Bye bye Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceDJSADined on 9/10/2014Four of us for dinner. We all enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent. A very friendly atmosphere and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and serviceDrooks1Dined on 9/6/2014All four of us had never eaten here. Two of us are in Stowe very regularly . The service very friendly and dishes all delivered at the same time. The fish dishes , fish broth and lobster were delicious . The lamb was amazing. Desert did not disappoint . The venue , very cozy . No hesitation to recommend to those wanting a very laid back dinner.Special Features:
- Great menu selectionsProuty7Dined on 9/4/2014So many great sounding items to select from, it was hard to make a choice. Am sure any would be fine. Just be sure to include the mashed sweet potatoes! Service was great with Ricky, the view from the bay window was pastoral Vermont and the bourbon chocolate pecan pie was a wonderful ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the Best We've ExperiencedBruceAndMariaDined on 8/31/2014We visited the Bistro at Ten Acres for dinner on a Sunday evening. The restaurant is in an old farmhouse decorated in an elegant/rustic style. We started with an excellent cheese and ale soup, loaded with flavor, creamy but not too heavy. For the main course, we had the Vietnamese grilled shrimp with mango salsa and rice noodles; and a swordfish special in a lemon basil sauce with snap peas, red peppers, tomatoes and capers with new potatoes on the side. We finished off the meal with Key Lime pie topped with a bruleed merengue, in a home made crust, no graham crackers here. Everything was really good, the chef is very talented. Our server was perfect, cordial and knowledgable and didn't once call us "guys". Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Memorable3722Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great, atmosphere and pace were perfect. Zarra took great care of us, we'd highly recommend the Bistro At Ten Acres.Special Features:
- snickersDined on 8/30/2014Ambiance was great and so was our server Tim (who happened to also be a school teacher in the town). The food was so so and not impressive for the price. My chicken was very undercooked.
- A must!Dinner42Dined on 8/29/2014We were in Stowe for our anniversary and had looked up a few options online for dinner while there and found the Bistro at 10 Acres. The place is charming and you can tell the owners put their heart and soul into the place as well as the food, which is FANTASTIC! I had the pineapple salad (yum) and lamb chops which were cooked to perfection. My husband had the tortilla soup, which he is still raving about (wish I could steal the recipe) and the steak frites (he said the steak was was a little under seasoned for his taste but cooked perfectly). The potions are very generous hence we did not have room to try a dessert, maybe next time we are in town. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodvickiDined on 8/29/2014lovely gem of a restaurant. enjoyed the pate. nice presentation.Special Features:
- Began well - ended disappointinglymichaeligDined on 8/27/2014Vacationing in Stowe for a summer month, we were looking for a lovely, good, great tasting meal The Duck Liver & Walnut pate was excellent - the home-cooked bread was superb Our main courses were less so --- (a) my wife had the Bbq Pork Shank - unfortunately the bbq-sauce never made its way beyond (or into) the meat - it was as if the sauce/basting occurred after the cooking - the meat inside was dry and stringy ... (b) my Grilled Lamb Rib Chops were very thin and I could not appreciate/find any 'grill' taste - double chops might have been a better choice - the Skordalia was pasty and bland - not close to anything Greek, more like bad mash potatoes. Needless to say, we did not have dessert and left DISAPPOINTED!
- Quaint and deliciousPerennialsueDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal on my birthday. We made a reservation for my special day and recieved the best table by the window overlooking rolling hills peppered with black and white cows and mountains in the distance. A perfect Vermont setting. We absolutely loved the location, charm and the food. When in Stowe ,this charming resteraunt is a must to include on the iteniary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.