Bistro At Ten Acres
14 Barrows Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro At Ten Acres
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebistroattenacres.com/
- Phone: 8022536838
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 5pm - 10pm
Brunch: Sunday - 9am - 2pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro At Ten Acres
Deliciously fresh, hand made, flavorful food - soups, entrees, breads, salads and desserts at the Ten Acres Lodge. The Bistro at Ten Acres has a full bar featuring fresh pressed cocktails, local beers and thoughtfully selected wines. Fireside lounge and dining, beautiful Vermont country mountain views. Chef Gary's Seafood Epiphany changes daily. Our 3-course price fixed Brunch features handmade pastries, fresh fruits and an exciting range of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro At Ten Acres - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Bistro At Ten Acres reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (38)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (35)scenic view (28)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (11)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Quaint and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal on my birthday. We made a reservation for my special day and recieved the best table by the window overlooking rolling hills peppered with black and white cows and mountains in the distance. A perfect Vermont setting. We absolutely loved the location, charm and the food. When in Stowe ,this charming resteraunt is a must to include on the iteniary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, excellent food!FairtradejavaDined on 8/24/2014Dinner was excellent - I had a vegetarian curry and my wife had a seafood stew. Both were delicious. The service could not have been better it more attentive. We celebrated a special occasion and we will be back to celebrate more at the Bistro at 10 Acres!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance, good foodMSBBQDined on 8/22/2014The ambiance at Ten Acres fabulous! The food is nicely presented and good but not as special as the setting. A good choice for a special evening out in Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StowefoodieDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious. The ambiance was great too. The service was less than stellar. Our waiter only appeared to have 4 tables, but he couldn't keep up and was not attentive to what each table needed. We certainly would go back because the food and price are worth it. We would just hope the service improves a bit.Special Features:
- Among the BestskylonsevenVIPDined on 8/20/2014Birstro at Ten Acres is not only the best restaurant of our trip through Vermont, upstate New York, and New Hampshire, but one of the finest restaurants we have been to in our travels as well as when home. From delicious appetizers to amazing entrees to great desserts, every part was fantastic. The ambience is comfortable but classy and the service friendly and knowledgeable. Furthermore, the prices were reasonable. Indeed, the prices were terrific for the quality of the meals and the romantic setting. Highly recommended. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I live nearby this restaurant and pass it all the time but this was my first time eating there. They've done a beautiful job decorating the interior. It's very cozy but doesn't feel cramped. The food is great as is the wine list. I would describe it as rustic and fancy at the same time. So not a place I would eat on any random night I wanted to go out for dinner but definitely someplace I will go back to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerFoodfindsDined on 8/15/2014We were very pleased with our excellent dinner at Bistro at Ten Acres. This is clearly a spot for locals and tourists and we could hear rave reviews from nearby tables as well. We had the pork shank, huge portion and falls right off the bone. We also had grilled lobster and Vietnamese shrimp. For appetizers we had the pineapple salad, delicious chicken and also the truffle fries. Every thing was great from the setting, to the people to the food. Great find!Special Features:
- Best in StoweAnnaDined on 8/15/2014They could accommodate special requests. Better than Harrison or Solstice at Stowe Mountain .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TillmomDined on 8/10/2014Second time there in a month. Both visits were delightful. Wonderful food. Spacious yet comfy. Noise level was was fitting for carrying on conversations. A new favorite for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BlueDryDined on 8/8/2014Great inventive quality food, very friendly and romantic place, relaxing atmosphere, reasonable prices, interesting wine list. Vermont at its best!!Special Features:
- Country CharmjmckjrDined on 8/8/2014The hostess was very cordial, greeted us with a smile and seated us at a lovely corner table. Our waitress had been with the restaurant for 2 years was very informed about the menu. She performed well except for keeping the water glass full (even after I asked for a refill she needed to be reminded). The meal was incredible. I had the barbeque pork shank and my wife had the parmesan crusted chicken. Both were cooked to perfection. Complements to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Lovely evening in StoweCapeCodRhondaDined on 8/3/2014We loved how each individual room of this rambling building was decorated with a touch of the outdoors. The menu was creative with a "farm to table" and season aspect to it. The pork shank was huge and my niece enjoyed it along with the maple syrup infused mashed sweet potatoes. Steak Frites was savory with rosemary and balsamic vinegar, and the shoestring crunchy fries were so good! This was just 2 minutes down the hill from the Trapp Family Lodge where we were staying and 10X better than any food there. Great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for usLEHAVIPDined on 8/1/2014Were looking forward to this but it proved to be not at all to our liking.Special Features:
- A wonderful Inn ExperienceWalker78Dined on 7/30/2014We happened on this restaurant by chance on the Internet. Booked on OpenTable and ate here 2 nights in a row...we loved the ambience, the friendliness, the menu, the vibe....very Vermont, very lovely, very good food. The salmon is home smoked....the special was great....fun wine list and cocktails....the oysters were fresh. The second night we had steak et frites. Cooked excellent, just as requested. The second night was our anniversary and we were very glad we went back... Highly recommend as a great bistro!Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperienceEdandJillDined on 7/26/2014It has the feel of a country Inn and the food is really excellent. The menu is limited so I would look at it before you go and see that there is a menu item that fits your taste. The staff is quite attentive and all in all it was a good experience. It can get quite noisy given the acoustics of the space and some of the dinner guests can be quite loud but that is not unique to this restaurant. If you would like some creatively prepared food give this place a try. The seafood stew, the salmon, and the cheddar beer soup in particular were favorites at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RyanRyanDined on 7/23/2014Great Menu. Great Gluten-free options. This is a must visit dining location when in Stowe, VT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro at Ten Acres Stowe VTPattedDined on 7/23/2014This is an excellent restaurant with delightful farm to table food and a lovely local drink menu with spirits from local distilleries and drinks that are simply delicious. The service is attentive, but not over bearing. We had a lovely meal with wonderful desserts. Wish they had espresso and cappuccino. Can't say enough about the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Find in StoweGCSLDined on 7/20/2014Almost 30 years ago, we stayed at the Ten Acres Lodge...obviously it has changed hands since then, but we were not disappointed in any way. We dined at the bistro and had a lovely meal. The waitstaff was attentive and very accommodating when my order of mussels arrived with too much hot spice for me...they quickly made me a new order and was very apologetic as it was not advertised on the menu as 'spicy"...a mistake perhaps? We were very pleased with our meal and the lovely ambiance of the Ten Acres nestled in the mountains of Stowe.Special Features:
- Good food/nice experienceWineDineDetailsDined on 7/19/2014It was good, and we enjoyed ourselves, but a tad uneven. The bar/bartenders were great and wished we had opted to eat there. Our server was decent, but-and I know it doesn't seem fair to note this, but it really was disconcerting-he sweated...a lot. He was also impatient for us to pay at the end. Food was good, although the ceviche appeared to have its fish cooked in advance and not by the dish's citric acid. The setting was lovely, hostess was great. A nice experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In the Green MountainsRickVIPDined on 7/11/2014My family just dined here for the first time this week. What an excellent restaurant this is by any measure. The service was fantastic. Our server was engaging, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. We were welcomed, and checked upon, by the hostess, and even the bartender stopped by an chatted a minute while delivering our wine. The food was excellently prepared, and very creative. Must tries include the Chicken Chilaquiles, one of the most creative and delicious Mexican dishes we've ever had, the Vietnamese Grilled Shrimp which was outstanding, and the Barbequed Pork Shank was huge, tender, and all meat. No fat! We also had one of the best Mojitos ever; who would have thought in the middle of Vermont. We will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDaveStoweDined on 7/4/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for several years on a regular basis. The food is always good as is the service. We were celebrating a birthday and let them know in advance and they were very welcoming and helped us celebrate. One of our favorite restaurants in Stowe.Special Features:
- MoogsterMoogsterDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was delicious! The ambiance is warm and friendly and the views are beautiful. There were 6 of us, two vegetarians, and everyone was completely satisfied with their dinners. I had pineapple/jicama salad which was very different, but so good. The duck pate was beautifully prepared, presented and deliciously devoured. Our entrees varied from smoked salmon to the vegetarian curry and we all raved. As we all selected the profiteroles with strawberries and Chantilly cream, I can only comment on this selection -- WOW! Our waiter was charming, knowledgeable, and attentive. We are in Stowe every year and The Bistro is definitely on our favorites list -- we'll be back! Go, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, but inconsistentAlexDined on 6/22/2014Below expectations, as serviço was quite bureacratic and slow and food was not consistent, with some good dishes and some below expectations, as the ceviche, for example. Could also improve the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SpotFlavourLoverDined on 6/22/2014We arrived 1/2 hr early for our reservation, and were taken in without feeling that they were put out - good start! The bottom line here is that the food is flat out fantastic. Nothing exotic here, just wonderfull flavours meshing together in perfectly sized portions. If the soup of the day is cheddar/ale, you must try it. The wine list is quite respectable and reasonably priced - no gouging going on here. The servers are extremely friendly and helpful. This was visited as part of an anniversary trip, when we had many fine meals, but none better than here. We would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerScottysgirl103Dined on 6/21/2014There is a reason why Bistro at Ten Acres is number one in Stowe. The service is impeccable, the food very good and portions are very generous. The lobster was perfectly cooked and the cod was as well. The only thing that wasn't spectacular was the rhubarb crisp as it was 90% crisp and 10% rhubarb. The wine choice by our server was perfect and all in all it was a very enjoyable experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodNevadagirlDined on 6/19/2014My boyfriend and I had an outstanding dinner here. I had the pan seared lobster and polenta, he had the filet of sole special. This place has been open less than 1 years and already is rated highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DineoutoftenDined on 6/19/2014We were a party of four adults. After looking at the online menu which was heavy on seafood, I decided there was one dish (chicken) that I could eat. It was my birthday and I had never been to the 10 Acres Lodge Bistro so I decided to try it. We were all very pleased with our dinners. I ended up having the pork shank which was delicious! We would definitely go back! If they expanded their menu and offered less expensive and not so "formal" meals we would go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT findVTDinerDined on 6/14/2014The Bistro was a great find....off the beaten track in Stowe. Service, food and ambiance was very good. We were seated at a table by the large picture window in the front with a wonderful view. We found the portions to be very generous and nicely presented. All and all it was a delight dining experience and we will go back again.Special Features:
- Fabulous nightNouveauJourDined on 6/8/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and this was truly a special night. From the perfect table, to the welcoming and knowledgeable staff to the delicious food. The in-house smoked salmon was wonderful as was my husband's vegetable curry. The bartender made the best French 75 - a rare treat. A must for anyone in the Stowe area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in an old houseReviewing4uDined on 5/31/2014Loved this restaurant! It has a very pleasant decor inside, pretty much an old farm house (I guess , coming from a non local). It is very cozy inside. The food was top notch. If you like smoked salmon, I would highly recommend it . Comes paired with pickled onions and crustinis. Also the soft shelled crab special of the night was very tasty. I guess they have lunch also. They are open Wednesday-Sunday so keep that in mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and moreSkiSpaCoupleDined on 5/25/2014This is the second time that we have had dinner here and it continues to be great. The ambiance is warm and comfortable, the wait staff is attentive, and all of the food was excellent, including the appetizers and desserts. The seafood stew was shared and enjoyed by everyone at the table. the chicken also was great, as was the steak and the pork. No complaints at all! This is definitely one of the best restaurants in the Stowe area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/25/2014Nicely located, just off the main strip of Stowe but from the restaurant you’d never know that given the beautiful views of fields and pastures. The restaurant itself is an old building that has been nicely restored with a somewhat rustic feel. The wait staff was excellent, timely and attentive and gave great advice on the menu. Everything we dined on was outstanding, however I cannot stress how good the barbeque shrimp is. I don’t eat shrimp, I don’t like shrimp, and I’d go as far to say I detest shrimp. My wife ordered this appetizer and made me try it, much against my will, and I was glad she did, it was amazing! We were impressed with the quality and flavor of all the dishes, I would recommend Ten Acres bistro without hesitation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014One of our favorites. The food, service and the view are awesome.Special Features:
- If this is #1 it'll be a long monthOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014Seriously, yelp reviewers? Nice ambience but mediocre food, wine and service. I feel sure Stowe has better restaurants to offer than this. If not I will certainly never come back here!Special Features:
- Lick Smacking goodTommy4TorDined on 5/17/2014OMG, the Lobster Entree ($32) served over polenta...TD4 ! Nearly ATE the shell....was quite sad to be done with that plate. Salads and Dessert (Chocolate truffle concoction) and friendly service...great ambience...this place really has it all going on ! We were happy to refer others to Ten Acres and spread the good vibes.Special Features:
- Bistro BestlivetoeatDined on 5/17/2014Ten Acres Bistro is a charming restaurant with great service, knowledgeable staff, and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Bistro At Ten Acres reviews archive.
- Ten Acres stands out above the restEdwardEatsDined on 4/12/2014We're thrilled we dined at The Bistro at Ten Acres. The view is lovely, the decor is Farm House chic, the service is casual friendly professional excellence at its best, the fresh pressed Margarita was the best I'd ever had but the food is what I'll remember most. Outstanding flavor development in all dishes we tried (pate, duck, lobster, and pecan pie -- all perfect and delicious). This is the kind of place that I'll go out of my way to come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo glad we found it!!!StoweFanDined on 4/12/2014We have been passing this place for years and lately noticed the parking lot was always full - a good sign we thought. Boy were we right. We were seated promptly by the owner (even though we arrived early) at a beautiful table with a view. The server was very engaging and professional and we went with their recommendations. Barbeque Shrimp (tasty, succulent and the perfect sauce for the fresh bread) pineapple salad (fresh, zest and delicious). Entrees were Pork (falling off the bone, outstanding sauce) and the chicken (delicious combination of smoked ham, smoked cheddar and carmelized onions). We loved it all - can't wait to return when we are back in Stowe in July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Approach with cautionFood78Dined on 4/11/2014The dog mess on the lawn should have been an indicator of something not quite right. After being seated I notice the underside of tables had had glued carpet padding hanging down, (noise absorption?). Upon the delivery of my first course I was upset to find the roasted red peppers had been fermenting in their own juices from being stored and spoiled. I returned the dish and informed the waitress. Of course apologies were made. Our main course, although not spoiled had signs of having sat on the refrigerator shelf for some time. Plate presentations only worsened the experience. The bottle of wine was the best part of the meal. I should have listened to my internal instincts and left. Lesson learned.Special Features:
- Glad we tried it!agreentangerineDined on 4/4/2014We'll definitely come back. Great menu featuring fresh seafood flown in from Boston. Our server was attentive and helpful. This is a great addition to the Stowe restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.