Bistro At Ten Acres
14 Barrows Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro At Ten Acres
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebistroattenacres.com/
- Phone: 8022536838x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday 5pm - 9pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro At Ten Acres
Deliciously fresh, hand made, flavorful food - soups, entrees, breads, salads and desserts at the Ten Acres Lodge. The Bistro at Ten Acres has a full bar featuring fresh pressed cocktails, local beers and thoughtfully selected wines. Fireside lounge and dining, beautiful Vermont country mountain views. Chef Gary's Seafood Epiphany changes daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro At Ten Acres - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Bistro At Ten Acres reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (45)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (44)scenic view (37)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (14)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great setting, with excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Dined at the Bistro on a Sunday night and obtained a great table by a window overlooking a pasture and cows ... beautiful. The server was attentive and friendly and had good knowledge of the menu. After considering a number of tempting entree choices, I went with the barbequed pork shank ... asked about appetizers and the server stated that I wouldn't need one with this entree ... he was right! The pork was accompanied by sweet potato mash and carrots with just the right amount of barbeque sauce to sop it all up. Very hearty. Partner had the Thai chicken soup (I tasted it and it was excellent) and the pineapple salad which looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPuffThaddyDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful setting and a warm atmosphere. Could not have been happier with the service and food. Rustic elegance at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stowe's best restaurantbudwomDined on 9/12/2014Great food, service and ambiance. The pork shank and lobster were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Perfect table. Cute waiter. Excellent Maple Manhattan. And a .2 mile drive. Delish! Bye bye Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceDJSADined on 9/10/2014Four of us for dinner. We all enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent. A very friendly atmosphere and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and serviceDrooks1Dined on 9/6/2014All four of us had never eaten here. Two of us are in Stowe very regularly . The service very friendly and dishes all delivered at the same time. The fish dishes , fish broth and lobster were delicious . The lamb was amazing. Desert did not disappoint . The venue , very cozy . No hesitation to recommend to those wanting a very laid back dinner.Special Features:
- Great menu selectionsProuty7Dined on 9/4/2014So many great sounding items to select from, it was hard to make a choice. Am sure any would be fine. Just be sure to include the mashed sweet potatoes! Service was great with Ricky, the view from the bay window was pastoral Vermont and the bourbon chocolate pecan pie was a wonderful ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the Best We've ExperiencedBruceAndMariaDined on 8/31/2014We visited the Bistro at Ten Acres for dinner on a Sunday evening. The restaurant is in an old farmhouse decorated in an elegant/rustic style. We started with an excellent cheese and ale soup, loaded with flavor, creamy but not too heavy. For the main course, we had the Vietnamese grilled shrimp with mango salsa and rice noodles; and a swordfish special in a lemon basil sauce with snap peas, red peppers, tomatoes and capers with new potatoes on the side. We finished off the meal with Key Lime pie topped with a bruleed merengue, in a home made crust, no graham crackers here. Everything was really good, the chef is very talented. Our server was perfect, cordial and knowledgable and didn't once call us "guys". Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Memorable3722Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great, atmosphere and pace were perfect. Zarra took great care of us, we'd highly recommend the Bistro At Ten Acres.Special Features:
- snickersDined on 8/30/2014Ambiance was great and so was our server Tim (who happened to also be a school teacher in the town). The food was so so and not impressive for the price. My chicken was very undercooked.
- A must!Dinner42Dined on 8/29/2014We were in Stowe for our anniversary and had looked up a few options online for dinner while there and found the Bistro at 10 Acres. The place is charming and you can tell the owners put their heart and soul into the place as well as the food, which is FANTASTIC! I had the pineapple salad (yum) and lamb chops which were cooked to perfection. My husband had the tortilla soup, which he is still raving about (wish I could steal the recipe) and the steak frites (he said the steak was was a little under seasoned for his taste but cooked perfectly). The potions are very generous hence we did not have room to try a dessert, maybe next time we are in town. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodvickiDined on 8/29/2014lovely gem of a restaurant. enjoyed the pate. nice presentation.Special Features:
- Began well - ended disappointinglymichaeligDined on 8/27/2014Vacationing in Stowe for a summer month, we were looking for a lovely, good, great tasting meal The Duck Liver & Walnut pate was excellent - the home-cooked bread was superb Our main courses were less so --- (a) my wife had the Bbq Pork Shank - unfortunately the bbq-sauce never made its way beyond (or into) the meat - it was as if the sauce/basting occurred after the cooking - the meat inside was dry and stringy ... (b) my Grilled Lamb Rib Chops were very thin and I could not appreciate/find any 'grill' taste - double chops might have been a better choice - the Skordalia was pasty and bland - not close to anything Greek, more like bad mash potatoes. Needless to say, we did not have dessert and left DISAPPOINTED!
- Quaint and deliciousPerennialsueDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal on my birthday. We made a reservation for my special day and recieved the best table by the window overlooking rolling hills peppered with black and white cows and mountains in the distance. A perfect Vermont setting. We absolutely loved the location, charm and the food. When in Stowe ,this charming resteraunt is a must to include on the iteniary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, excellent food!FairtradejavaDined on 8/24/2014Dinner was excellent - I had a vegetarian curry and my wife had a seafood stew. Both were delicious. The service could not have been better it more attentive. We celebrated a special occasion and we will be back to celebrate more at the Bistro at 10 Acres!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance, good foodMSBBQDined on 8/22/2014The ambiance at Ten Acres fabulous! The food is nicely presented and good but not as special as the setting. A good choice for a special evening out in Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StowefoodieDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious. The ambiance was great too. The service was less than stellar. Our waiter only appeared to have 4 tables, but he couldn't keep up and was not attentive to what each table needed. We certainly would go back because the food and price are worth it. We would just hope the service improves a bit.Special Features:
- Among the BestskylonsevenVIPDined on 8/20/2014Birstro at Ten Acres is not only the best restaurant of our trip through Vermont, upstate New York, and New Hampshire, but one of the finest restaurants we have been to in our travels as well as when home. From delicious appetizers to amazing entrees to great desserts, every part was fantastic. The ambience is comfortable but classy and the service friendly and knowledgeable. Furthermore, the prices were reasonable. Indeed, the prices were terrific for the quality of the meals and the romantic setting. Highly recommended. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014I live nearby this restaurant and pass it all the time but this was my first time eating there. They've done a beautiful job decorating the interior. It's very cozy but doesn't feel cramped. The food is great as is the wine list. I would describe it as rustic and fancy at the same time. So not a place I would eat on any random night I wanted to go out for dinner but definitely someplace I will go back to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heaven in VT mountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014Rivals any James Beard finalist! I was skeptical about ordering lobster in VT, but their signature lobster is to die for. The most exquisite lobster I have ever enjoyed. The restaurant's cozy and charming ambience, outstanding service, and stellar wine selection make for a great prelude to a talented chef's creations. Love this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerFoodfindsDined on 8/15/2014We were very pleased with our excellent dinner at Bistro at Ten Acres. This is clearly a spot for locals and tourists and we could hear rave reviews from nearby tables as well. We had the pork shank, huge portion and falls right off the bone. We also had grilled lobster and Vietnamese shrimp. For appetizers we had the pineapple salad, delicious chicken and also the truffle fries. Every thing was great from the setting, to the people to the food. Great find!Special Features:
- Best in StoweAnnaDined on 8/15/2014They could accommodate special requests. Better than Harrison or Solstice at Stowe Mountain .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TillmomDined on 8/10/2014Second time there in a month. Both visits were delightful. Wonderful food. Spacious yet comfy. Noise level was was fitting for carrying on conversations. A new favorite for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BlueDryDined on 8/8/2014Great inventive quality food, very friendly and romantic place, relaxing atmosphere, reasonable prices, interesting wine list. Vermont at its best!!Special Features:
- Country CharmjmckjrDined on 8/8/2014The hostess was very cordial, greeted us with a smile and seated us at a lovely corner table. Our waitress had been with the restaurant for 2 years was very informed about the menu. She performed well except for keeping the water glass full (even after I asked for a refill she needed to be reminded). The meal was incredible. I had the barbeque pork shank and my wife had the parmesan crusted chicken. Both were cooked to perfection. Complements to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Lovely evening in StoweCapeCodRhondaDined on 8/3/2014We loved how each individual room of this rambling building was decorated with a touch of the outdoors. The menu was creative with a "farm to table" and season aspect to it. The pork shank was huge and my niece enjoyed it along with the maple syrup infused mashed sweet potatoes. Steak Frites was savory with rosemary and balsamic vinegar, and the shoestring crunchy fries were so good! This was just 2 minutes down the hill from the Trapp Family Lodge where we were staying and 10X better than any food there. Great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for usLEHAVIPDined on 8/1/2014Were looking forward to this but it proved to be not at all to our liking.Special Features:
- A wonderful Inn ExperienceWalker78Dined on 7/30/2014We happened on this restaurant by chance on the Internet. Booked on OpenTable and ate here 2 nights in a row...we loved the ambience, the friendliness, the menu, the vibe....very Vermont, very lovely, very good food. The salmon is home smoked....the special was great....fun wine list and cocktails....the oysters were fresh. The second night we had steak et frites. Cooked excellent, just as requested. The second night was our anniversary and we were very glad we went back... Highly recommend as a great bistro!Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperienceEdandJillDined on 7/26/2014It has the feel of a country Inn and the food is really excellent. The menu is limited so I would look at it before you go and see that there is a menu item that fits your taste. The staff is quite attentive and all in all it was a good experience. It can get quite noisy given the acoustics of the space and some of the dinner guests can be quite loud but that is not unique to this restaurant. If you would like some creatively prepared food give this place a try. The seafood stew, the salmon, and the cheddar beer soup in particular were favorites at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RyanRyanDined on 7/23/2014Great Menu. Great Gluten-free options. This is a must visit dining location when in Stowe, VT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro at Ten Acres Stowe VTPattedDined on 7/23/2014This is an excellent restaurant with delightful farm to table food and a lovely local drink menu with spirits from local distilleries and drinks that are simply delicious. The service is attentive, but not over bearing. We had a lovely meal with wonderful desserts. Wish they had espresso and cappuccino. Can't say enough about the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Find in StoweGCSLDined on 7/20/2014Almost 30 years ago, we stayed at the Ten Acres Lodge...obviously it has changed hands since then, but we were not disappointed in any way. We dined at the bistro and had a lovely meal. The waitstaff was attentive and very accommodating when my order of mussels arrived with too much hot spice for me...they quickly made me a new order and was very apologetic as it was not advertised on the menu as 'spicy"...a mistake perhaps? We were very pleased with our meal and the lovely ambiance of the Ten Acres nestled in the mountains of Stowe.Special Features:
- Good food/nice experienceWineDineDetailsDined on 7/19/2014It was good, and we enjoyed ourselves, but a tad uneven. The bar/bartenders were great and wished we had opted to eat there. Our server was decent, but-and I know it doesn't seem fair to note this, but it really was disconcerting-he sweated...a lot. He was also impatient for us to pay at the end. Food was good, although the ceviche appeared to have its fish cooked in advance and not by the dish's citric acid. The setting was lovely, hostess was great. A nice experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In the Green MountainsRickVIPDined on 7/11/2014My family just dined here for the first time this week. What an excellent restaurant this is by any measure. The service was fantastic. Our server was engaging, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. We were welcomed, and checked upon, by the hostess, and even the bartender stopped by an chatted a minute while delivering our wine. The food was excellently prepared, and very creative. Must tries include the Chicken Chilaquiles, one of the most creative and delicious Mexican dishes we've ever had, the Vietnamese Grilled Shrimp which was outstanding, and the Barbequed Pork Shank was huge, tender, and all meat. No fat! We also had one of the best Mojitos ever; who would have thought in the middle of Vermont. We will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDaveStoweDined on 7/4/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for several years on a regular basis. The food is always good as is the service. We were celebrating a birthday and let them know in advance and they were very welcoming and helped us celebrate. One of our favorite restaurants in Stowe.Special Features:
- MoogsterMoogsterDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was delicious! The ambiance is warm and friendly and the views are beautiful. There were 6 of us, two vegetarians, and everyone was completely satisfied with their dinners. I had pineapple/jicama salad which was very different, but so good. The duck pate was beautifully prepared, presented and deliciously devoured. Our entrees varied from smoked salmon to the vegetarian curry and we all raved. As we all selected the profiteroles with strawberries and Chantilly cream, I can only comment on this selection -- WOW! Our waiter was charming, knowledgeable, and attentive. We are in Stowe every year and The Bistro is definitely on our favorites list -- we'll be back! Go, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, but inconsistentAlexDined on 6/22/2014Below expectations, as serviço was quite bureacratic and slow and food was not consistent, with some good dishes and some below expectations, as the ceviche, for example. Could also improve the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous SpotFlavourLoverDined on 6/22/2014We arrived 1/2 hr early for our reservation, and were taken in without feeling that they were put out - good start! The bottom line here is that the food is flat out fantastic. Nothing exotic here, just wonderfull flavours meshing together in perfectly sized portions. If the soup of the day is cheddar/ale, you must try it. The wine list is quite respectable and reasonably priced - no gouging going on here. The servers are extremely friendly and helpful. This was visited as part of an anniversary trip, when we had many fine meals, but none better than here. We would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerScottysgirl103Dined on 6/21/2014There is a reason why Bistro at Ten Acres is number one in Stowe. The service is impeccable, the food very good and portions are very generous. The lobster was perfectly cooked and the cod was as well. The only thing that wasn't spectacular was the rhubarb crisp as it was 90% crisp and 10% rhubarb. The wine choice by our server was perfect and all in all it was a very enjoyable experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodNevadagirlDined on 6/19/2014My boyfriend and I had an outstanding dinner here. I had the pan seared lobster and polenta, he had the filet of sole special. This place has been open less than 1 years and already is rated highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.