Bistro at Bacara Resort
8301 Hollister Ave.
Goleta, CA 93117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro at Bacara Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacararesort.com/
- Phone: 855-200-3544x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00 am - 11:30 am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Bistro offers a private dining space that accomadates up to 20 guests.
Please inquire with The Bistro for requests of larger, non-private, reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Ellis 8055714217x
A word from Bistro at Bacara Resort
Situated oceanside, The Bistro offers a casual and relaxed atmosphere to dine and enjoy sweeping views of the coastline. Inspired by the elegant charm of the Italian Riviera, The Bistro blends the finest locally-sourced ingredients with flavors of Italy, rich in seafood, fragrant olive oil, fresh herbs and farmers’ market vegetables. Menu highlights include traditional Italian dishes, such as pastas and brick-oven flatbreads, complemented by lighter, coastal cuisine. A refreshed dining room incorporates elements of Santa Barbara’s beautiful panorama, with the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Santa Ynez Mountains on the other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro at Bacara Resort - Best Restaurants in Goleta ›
Bistro at Bacara Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)scenic view (49)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (28)romantic (24)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (18)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice Night on the Central CoastNickiDined on 8/29/2014Pleasant summer night outside at the Bistro. Very good service, food was good. All in all a very nice evening. Would return.Special Features:
- Food with a viewDharperVIPDined on 8/29/2014Typically when you have a beautiful ocean view the dinning experience is marginal. Such is not the case at the bistro. Fresh sustainable produce and seafood were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandyCandyluvDined on 8/24/2014Unbeatable view and ambience. Food at brunch was average and nothing special, coffee was lukewarm. Overall, one goes there for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacara ScenemanhattanladyDined on 8/11/2014This resort is quite lovely, boasting good food, excellent wine selections, and the largest Spa ever. Bistro is one of the restaurants, and wonderful for all dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaroDined on 8/11/2014Relaxing atmosphere and good food/drink. Great for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfast buffet was okay.BlueMoonVIPDined on 8/10/2014In a newly renovated space, with dedicated stations for the prep and serving of an array of breakfast items, we really thought that this would be a great place to take friends. Instead, it seemed to us that the breakfast buffet had fallen off somewhat from previous times, and that was disappointing. The omelette station has prep space for 4 pans to be worked at a time; service here was very slow, however, and our group of 4 ate in shifts so the eggs would not be cold. Some of the food offered was pretty lackluster, such as oatmeal that was at a full spitting boil over a small burner, a table that had only whole pieces of fruit (who wants to pay $35pp for a whole banana?), pastries were almost non-existant, and stale croissants. Service B-
- Spectacular ocean view settingLynHDined on 8/1/2014Loved our dinner. Food was well presented and tasted great. Service was competent, although server was a bit green; may have been new. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Beautiful View but Service LackingjagmackVIPDined on 7/31/2014We were seated with an outstanding view of the Pacific, but after that things came unglued. When we unfolded our napkins, we found they were wet, not just damp, but wet. We signaled for the server to get replacements, but the replacements were only slightly drier. No other replacements were offered. Could it be that every napkin in the place was wet? We went on to order our dinner and my wife specified that no dressing be added to her salad. When the salad came it was fully dressed. She reminded the server who took the salad, then returned with a salad with oil on it. When she pointed this out, the server said that oil was not dressing. This caused us to send the salad back again and finally we received a fully undressed salad.Special Features:
- Horible ServiceanansiDined on 7/31/2014The setting is dramatic and lovely, the food was fine, but the service was disappointing. We waited and waited and waited for anything. Had to ask for everything. Our waitress didn't come and check on us once. We would ask someone to go and find her and they would disappear. The place was empty and several other servers were just hanging around, so we couldn't understand what was wrong. I'm afraid no one in our party will want to return to the Bacarra after this experience. A real disappointment.Special Features:
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a very friendly waiter and knowledgable about all the dishes served. The water view was relaxing. Afterwards walking the hotel complex was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing view and good food. Service not as great as expected for a luxury hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate for a hotelnewmoonDined on 7/24/2014The hotel is quite far from downtown Santa Barbara so if you don;t want to travel out you have two choices and this is one of them. The Bacara is fairly new and has some work to do if they want to earn the kind of reputation they expect and the prices they charge. Overall we were satisfied with the food based on our expectations. The server was somewhat annoying. She was quite pretentious boldly making suggestions for the "true gentleman". In other words order what I suggest or you are not. In fact I would have ordered that, the most expensive dish, if she had not said that. When I ordered a 2nd glass of $ 18/glass wine she whisked away my glass which was not empty. That was infuriating. it should have been a fresh pour.Special Features:
- Took my dad for his 95th birthday!MmiddleDined on 7/23/2014The resort is beautiful and it was a wonderful day to enjoy the gorgeous weather. The service was slow by the assistant manager came out to apologize. My dad had a sirloin steak and said that he has had better at other restaurants. The salads were delicious, as was my mushroom pizza and my mom's shrimp pasta. Plus they brought out a great dessert for my dad's birthday! We plan to bring my niece and nephew and their spouses the next time they visit California.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014For $70, I expected a lot more than scrambled eggs and an omelet bar. Overpriced for the ambiance you enjoy.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner/wonderful ambienceDebraCADined on 7/13/2014My husband and I celebrated our 38th anniversary at this restaurant while staying at this wonderful hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer or friendlier and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner by the ocean. Delightful in every way. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baccara is long on Elegancedinner42Dined on 7/8/2014Loved this restaurant, a Santa Barbara area Gem! The food was fantastic, romantic setting, lovely pacific view.Special Features:
- CalviaCalviaDined on 7/7/2014We found the standard if the food and the presentation outstanding. The service was enthusiastic and friendly if a little inexperiencedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pepper133Dined on 7/3/2014It wasn't hard to return to this lovely and scenic dining spot. The staff are friendly and exceptionally attentive. The ahi tuna club was fabulous. Thank you to Ted and Oldemar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flexible for many occasionsChristi102Dined on 6/30/2014This restaurant at Bacara resort is flexible for many occasion. There were many of us there in resort causal attire having dinner while staying at the resort. There were other folks from the surrounding neighborhood there in more formal attire celebrating anniversaries. And there were plenty of families with children there, as there were plenty of food options for kids. The food was really good and the views of the ocean from the patio dining area were spectacular. The buffet doesn't start until 6pm, so consider that when deciding when to make your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceThewelltraveledDinerVIPDined on 6/30/2014The Bistro restaurant at The Bacara Resort was perfect, beautiful view with great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Oceanside lunchCactuspalDined on 6/27/2014Visited for early lunch. Had reservation but not needed, plenty of open seats both inside and outside. Only valet parking, no charge. Good service good food. Will be back to Bistro and/or Miro restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoddessGoddessDined on 6/25/2014Million dollar view, great food and service. Very comfortable and you feel like your in an exotic place. Love it and will definitely return !Special Features:
- Dinner and BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/22/2014We were staying at Bacara for a conference. We decided to try the Bistro despite many of the reviews saying how bad the service was. Those reviews were coreect…the service was poor. The staff was not well trained, especially with the beverage service. I had to send my cocktail back, with no offer to bring me another. Our waitress also had no clue about wine service. The food was good, not great. Fortunately the view of the Pacifiv Ocean was wonderful. We had long waits between beverage service, food service and bill arrival, so the scenery helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean View and Great FoodJudyDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I ate several meals at the Bistro during our stay and enjoyed each one. The food is varied, and even though I dislike buffets, this place knows how to offer excellent food in this type of set up. We'll definitely return for the view, for the scrumptious food, and for the attentive service.Special Features:
- We will go back!FullonfoodieDined on 6/14/2014The overall ambiance and quality/uniqueness of the food makes this a place to frequent whenever we are in the area. Portions were a bit on the small side, but very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodJDDDDined on 6/13/2014Our server was new and when asked about a bottle of Spanish white wine and what it compares to, she did not know but checked with the table next to us and came back saying "they like it." Right then we ordered another bottle (Pinot Grigio) since everyone likes different types of wine. Service continued to not improve with my soup coming up and no spoon to eat it. Toward the middle and end of our meal, not once did our waitress come over and ask how things were. As she brought the check, she commented to us that we look tired. Seriously? We had a great experience at Bacara having stayed there for a week long work meeting then staying the weekend. The bistro had a nice ambiance but the food was OK and service way below average.Special Features:
- Food took for everKpcrsmDined on 6/7/2014Loved the resort as it was beautiful. We had previously eaten at Miro for daughter graduation from UCSB last year and it was excellent. However Bistro restaurant was disappointing as food service was very slow. The food took for ever. Our diner reservations were at 7:30 for four. The servers were nice and prompt. We ordered and then we waited and waited for our food. It did not come until almost 9:30. We overheard a woman also complaining as well. We also had the beachside breakfast which was at the Bistro. We ordered off the menu rather than buffet. Again took for ever for food to arrive. They also forgot wife's sausage. Also this was first time we ever had a waiter tell us that they ran out of coffee.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Lunchsho4shoDined on 6/5/2014For a special occasion, this is a great lunch spot. Good food, great views.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT, hightly recommend it!!!SofiaDined on 6/1/2014We had dinner for my mother's birthday celebration this weekend at the Bistro, the food, service and ambiance was excellent, we had a great experience and would definately be returning for another occasion. The staff were very attentive, personable and took the time to make you feel valued, EXCELLENT SERVICE!!! Thank you for making my mother's day very special :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls weekendAllisonDined on 5/31/2014We went up for the weekend at stayed at the Bacara- dining at the Bistro 3 times (brunch and 2 dinners). The ambiance was nice both inside and outside, and the ample amount of heaters were nice for outside evening dining. All times the food was great but the service left something to be desired.Special Features:
- HungryoldmanHungryoldmanDined on 5/25/2014Great food, but the sevice is rather slow. Lunch and dinner menu should be expanded further.Special Features:
- Great food in a stunning settingFredBVIPDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at the Bistro both at lunch and dinner. Both times the food and service was great. Reservations are impotent at the weekend during peak hours. It's a very relaxed environment steps away from the Pacific Ocean. The wine is reasonably priced and is the food considering the Bistro is part of the super luxury Bacara Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mother's Day lunchSbsharksfanDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed every aspect of of our lunch, from appetizer to dessert. Have eaten here before, but we will do so more often.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Santa Barbara StyleMaryJaneDined on 5/11/2014The ultra thin pizza crust was fabulous, and we were like a flock of seagulls over my son's garlic fries. The tomato soup is sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in GoletaSafieDined on 5/11/2014Having been a Goleta resident for 33 years, it is delightful to have a restaurant with so many things to offer.Special Features:
- ElizalexVIPDined on 5/10/2014The appetizer came out with the entrees. The entrees looked like they had been sitting under a heating lamp for quite some time.Special Features:
- Great Menu Selections!RichB2405Dined on 5/9/2014Used Open Table for a Family reservation an hour out! Very Good Service, Ambience & Food!Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Bistro at Bacara Resort reviews archive.
- GeorgioDined on 5/4/2014It is nice resort, if you are in Santa Barbara areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new look menu and uniformshbound956Dined on 5/3/2014The change to the Restaurant was very welcome, form the decor, staff uniforms and food. Enjoyed the food very much and the service was good but needs a little fine tuning to be great. Nice management walked around touching tables and talked to guests.Special Features:
- Wasted potentialGlobalNomadDined on 5/3/2014Our second time dining here--and second disappointment. Lovely patio with a view. Service is spotty. They somehow messed up our breakfast order of two Eggs Benedict's, one plate of pancakes and one continental breakfast resulting in over an hourlong wait for breakfast to arrive. When it did, we were disappointed to have the wrong pancakes and just about the worst Eggs Benedict ever (English muffins barely warmed and slathered with something akin to vegetable oil, tasteless Hollandaise sauce, tough Canadian bacon and most likely pre-poached eggs which were not warm/fresh). Never received coffee or juice for continental breakfast bit was charged full price. I realize it is a hotel resulting in a captive audience but it could be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.