Bistro at Bacara Resort
8301 Hollister Ave.
Goleta, CA 93117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro at Bacara Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacararesort.com/
- Phone: (855) 200-3544
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00 am - 11:30 am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Bistro offers a private dining space that accomadates up to 20 guests.
Please inquire with The Bistro for requests of larger, non-private, reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Ellis 8055714217x
A word from Bistro at Bacara Resort
Situated oceanside, The Bistro offers a casual and relaxed atmosphere to dine and enjoy sweeping views of the coastline. Inspired by the elegant charm of the Italian Riviera, The Bistro blends the finest locally-sourced ingredients with flavors of Italy, rich in seafood, fragrant olive oil, fresh herbs and farmers’ market vegetables. Menu highlights include traditional Italian dishes, such as pastas and brick-oven flatbreads, complemented by lighter, coastal cuisine. A refreshed dining room incorporates elements of Santa Barbara’s beautiful panorama, with the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Santa Ynez Mountains on the other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro at Bacara Resort - Best Restaurants in Goleta ›
Bistro at Bacara Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)scenic view (39)romantic (23)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (14)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food took for everKpcrsmDined on 6/7/2014Loved the resort as it was beautiful. We had previously eaten at Miro for daughter graduation from UCSB last year and it was excellent. However Bistro restaurant was disappointing as food service was very slow. The food took for ever. Our diner reservations were at 7:30 for four. The servers were nice and prompt. We ordered and then we waited and waited for our food. It did not come until almost 9:30. We overheard a woman also complaining as well. We also had the beachside breakfast which was at the Bistro. We ordered off the menu rather than buffet. Again took for ever for food to arrive. They also forgot wife's sausage. Also this was first time we ever had a waiter tell us that they ran out of coffee.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Lunchsho4shoDined on 6/5/2014For a special occasion, this is a great lunch spot. Good food, great views.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT, hightly recommend it!!!SofiaDined on 6/1/2014We had dinner for my mother's birthday celebration this weekend at the Bistro, the food, service and ambiance was excellent, we had a great experience and would definately be returning for another occasion. The staff were very attentive, personable and took the time to make you feel valued, EXCELLENT SERVICE!!! Thank you for making my mother's day very special :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls weekendAllisonDined on 5/31/2014We went up for the weekend at stayed at the Bacara- dining at the Bistro 3 times (brunch and 2 dinners). The ambiance was nice both inside and outside, and the ample amount of heaters were nice for outside evening dining. All times the food was great but the service left something to be desired.Special Features:
- HungryoldmanHungryoldmanDined on 5/25/2014Great food, but the sevice is rather slow. Lunch and dinner menu should be expanded further.Special Features:
- Great food in a stunning settingFredBVIPDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten at the Bistro both at lunch and dinner. Both times the food and service was great. Reservations are impotent at the weekend during peak hours. It's a very relaxed environment steps away from the Pacific Ocean. The wine is reasonably priced and is the food considering the Bistro is part of the super luxury Bacara Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mother's Day lunchSbsharksfanDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed every aspect of of our lunch, from appetizer to dessert. Have eaten here before, but we will do so more often.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Santa Barbara StyleMaryJaneDined on 5/11/2014The ultra thin pizza crust was fabulous, and we were like a flock of seagulls over my son's garlic fries. The tomato soup is sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in GoletaSafieDined on 5/11/2014Having been a Goleta resident for 33 years, it is delightful to have a restaurant with so many things to offer.Special Features:
- ElizalexVIPDined on 5/10/2014The appetizer came out with the entrees. The entrees looked like they had been sitting under a heating lamp for quite some time.Special Features:
- Great Menu Selections!RichB2405VIPDined on 5/9/2014Used Open Table for a Family reservation an hour out! Very Good Service, Ambience & Food!Special Features:
- GeorgioVIPDined on 5/4/2014It is nice resort, if you are in Santa Barbara areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new look menu and uniformshbound956Dined on 5/3/2014The change to the Restaurant was very welcome, form the decor, staff uniforms and food. Enjoyed the food very much and the service was good but needs a little fine tuning to be great. Nice management walked around touching tables and talked to guests.Special Features:
- Wasted potentialGlobalNomadDined on 5/3/2014Our second time dining here--and second disappointment. Lovely patio with a view. Service is spotty. They somehow messed up our breakfast order of two Eggs Benedict's, one plate of pancakes and one continental breakfast resulting in over an hourlong wait for breakfast to arrive. When it did, we were disappointed to have the wrong pancakes and just about the worst Eggs Benedict ever (English muffins barely warmed and slathered with something akin to vegetable oil, tasteless Hollandaise sauce, tough Canadian bacon and most likely pre-poached eggs which were not warm/fresh). Never received coffee or juice for continental breakfast bit was charged full price. I realize it is a hotel resulting in a captive audience but it could be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with a Great viewMikeylikesitDined on 4/26/2014When the weather is good it's terrific to sit in the patio of the Bistro. Great service with a great view along with outstanding foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014we spent easter brunch at the Bistro - it was fabulous - the view, the food, the sun, the resort. service was mediocre - not very responsive to customer needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor spaceKristieVIPDined on 4/4/2014A little pricey for what you get, but very convenient if you are staying at the resort and great views. Expect a long wait if you are getting a golf cart back to your room!
- We had breakfast here andreviewVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had breakfast here and food was good to very good. Had their standard breakfast and my husband had the eggs benedict. Both were good, very odd that both dishes had cold roasted tomato on the plate. Was not tasty to us with the hot breakfast, would have been nice it was warm at least. The brand of tea used by the hotel is not great at all. There was absolutely no flavor to the English Breakfast tea. We had the same brand of tea when we were at the patio bar the night before, it was disappointing then too. The ocean view from the Bistro was nice. Very quiet but it was before the crowds that weekend.Special Features:
- Excellent choice at BacaraBx2BostonVIPDined on 3/10/2014Bistro had a great 'vibe' with choice of indoor or dining 'al fresco' with beautiful water views. Menu had flair and variety and fare for every palate. Wait staff was very accomodating and providing guidance, as well as, local color for tourist inqueries. Casual and relaxing setting to either enjoy a sandwich, pasta, a steak, a burger...with wine, beer or a special mixed drink. Very nice locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where's the service?markVIPDined on 3/9/2014serious lack of staffing at a 5 star resort?? from the hostess to the waiter, nobody wanted to be there very noticablySpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant - Great ServiceJH69Dined on 3/1/2014This is a great spot if you are in the Goleta area you should give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014We had a brunch and Dinner , the servers are awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!FancymeDined on 1/28/2014If you love fish, you need to try their halibut! Also, I really enjoyed the lemon blueberry cheesecake! The hotel was stunning, definitely a sight to see before you dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicegolmecDined on 1/27/2014The food was very good, though not 5-star. The dining room is beautifully decorated, quiet and very pleasant. My only caveat is that it is not easy to access the Bistro for people with mobility issues. It is downhill but quite a long walk from the lobby. We managed walking downhill, but my wife would have had considerable difficulty walking back uphill to the car. At the conclusion of dinner, we requested a shuttle back up hill to the car. We had to wait at least a half hour for the shuttle to arrive. I am giving the service only three stars because of this. I would give the restaurant service per se 4+. Ending on a positive note, I would like to thank the new owners for their openness to the local community. Very much appreciated.Special Features:
- Very slow serviceMsSassy19VIPDined on 1/18/2014We had dinner during a recent stay at the Bacara. Although there were only 8 tables occupied at most the food took 45 minutes to arrive. The wait staff was very attentive, but this never makes up for such a ridiculous delay.Special Features:
- New Year's eve at the BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Our family had the New year's eve dinner at the Bistro. We were not staying in the resort, but in a hotel in Santa Barbara, so when we arrived there we we a little lost and it took us some time to find the restaurant. There was no one at the hotel lobby, so we started walking following the few signs inside the hotel. Once there it took very little time to accommodate us on a comfortable table (we are in five adults so in some restaurants this is an issue). There was an excellent jazz band giving ambiance music, the food was very good (not awesome, but very good nonetheless), the service was excellent and we really enjoyed the dinner. After the dinner the staff made sure that we had transportation to the lobby without our request.Special Features:
- Brunch by the seaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013We often go to the Bacara for Sunday brunch- wonderful outdoor patio with ocean views- and access to walk the beach after brunch! Solid menu with something for everyone. Fav- tomato soup with goat cheese; and the halibut on a bed of lentils.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overpriced but very goodtaylorsaDined on 10/22/2013Bistro was very nice and had good service and food. I have to admit that I find $16 Caesar Salads (no protein) to be a little excessive. The Zucchini Bruschetta was very good. Service was good, but if you are limited on time, be sure to make them aware as the environment is not to rush patrons through their meal.Special Features:
- We dined at Bistro becauseJessJoaDined on 10/17/2013We dined at Bistro because we were guest at Bacara. The food was extremely salty and poorly prepared . The Mac and Cheese was soupy and very unappealing. I would say it was inedible. Really not good at all and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. My husband andI both did not enjoy our dinners at all.
- Great Viewssho4shoDined on 10/14/2013Views of the ocean and you may be lucky enough to see whales off shore in the winter. Rotating menu -- food is simple and good. But this place is really all about the spectacular views.Special Features:
- A Repeat Gem!yogimauraVIPDined on 10/11/2013Once again, the Bistro was a fabulous dining experience for dinner! Chef Chris Turano made a homemade pasta with local crab as a dinner special and it was Soooooo delicious. We are locals and love to dine here. Chef Chris, keep the nightly specials coming! We so appreciate how you source local foods and changing up the menu. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian riviera dining in Goleta!GetinmybellyDined on 10/10/2013I dined here a couple of months ago and it was good but some things seemed off. This time around everything was spectacular from the service, food and cocktails. The views and fresh ocean air make the bistro the best atmosphere hands down. Pair that with top level service and fresh food and we have a winner. I met the manager Richard and we really enjoyed his company. He showed a certain passion you just don't find very often. His special cocktail was so good, cucumber vodka with lime and rosemary syrup is to die for. Richard recommended a pasta special with fresh crab, lava beans in a white sauce and it was SO good. He introduced us to the chef and we just felt like nobody else was around. What a great restaurant and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Beautiful Bistro at BacaramavisjuneDined on 9/30/2013We had not been to the Bistro since it had reopened after remodeling, and decided to go for a nice dinner before I left on a business trip. We went on a Monday evening, it was warm enough to sit outside. The view of the ocean was lovely. Our server was very attentive. We each started off with a cocktail, and shared the caprese salad which was delicious! I had the jidori chicken, and my husband had the local sea bass. Both entrees were moist, tender and very flavorful. We were pleased to be visited by the Bistro manager and enjoyed chatting with him. He suggested the dark chocolate olive oil cake for dessert, a specialty of the Chef Turano, and it was great. The chef actually came out to say hello which was a treat. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coastal California Farm to TableyogimauraVIPDined on 9/24/2013The new Bistro at Bacara is a foodies delight. With it's new contemporary decor, new Food Network chef, Chris Turano, and locally sourced, Italian inspired menu our experience couldn't have been better. We ordered the local sea bass and halibut and both were prepared perfectly with fresh and lively ingredients. We so appreciate eating at restaurants who support our local farmers and community. The caesar salad was the perfect, light beginning and we finished with blueberry cheesecake and tiramisu. Our waiter, Sam, was knowledgable and friendly & gave us the attention and service of a fine restaurant. The evening on the patio looking at the ocean was very soothing and romantic. It was the ideal way to celebrate a special occasion together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGregVIPDined on 9/18/2013My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the bistro. She said the halibut was the best she ever had. My filet was incredible. The fresh mozzarella was awesome as well. James our waiter explained to us how the chef won his job at the Bacara on a TV cooking show. One taste and you'll know why he won Dessert was a specially made cappuccino and a flourless chocolate cake just incredible. Did I mention the the fresh cocktails, wow. What a great night, great dinner, great service and incredible food. I highly recommend dinning here for anyone that appreciates, great food, fresh and creative cocktails, delicious desserts and top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacara Bistrophatc16Dined on 8/30/2013My wife and I really enjoy the Bistro at the Bacara. A pleasant walk up from the tennis courts at Haskells beach takes you to a level of culinary experience beyond your typical Goleta restaurant fare. We really enjoy the Halibut and White Sea Bass entries. So many times in downtown Santa Barbara restaurants your food is brought to the table lukewarm. After three dining experiences at the recently reopened Bistro we are more than pleased at both the service and quality of the food. The ocean view from the patio with a glass of wine from their excellent wine selection is a must experience during the recent nice weather we've been having.Special Features:
- Absolute Delight!CalifNativeDined on 8/24/2013If you are looking for a phenominal place to soak in the beauty of Santa Barbara and have an exceptional dining experience, look no more. The minute we entered Bacara's grounds, the atmosphere was like we just entered the begining of a vacation in the Mediteranean. With so many options, my date and had a hard time choosing, but with some expert suggestions by our server we started our dinner with the grilled spot prawns, followed by entrees of grilled local sea bass, with prosciutto & risotto; and salmon with grilled artichoke, roasted heiloom tomato. Both our entrees were perfectly grilled, seasoned and delicious--definitely five star quality. Our Bistro experience was both exceptional and memorable, we will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu IncorrectDeanDined on 7/16/2013The menu that was on the Open Table site is very misleading. We were looking for vegetarian options. There were veggie options on the online menu. But NONE to find on the actual menu worth ordering. Very unfortunate.Special Features:
- good food and view but slow and $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2013server was friendly, but kitchen was slow food was good but very expensiveSpecial Features:
- Wait staff circusMikeyDVIPDined on 7/4/2013I loved my rigatoni with fennel sausage and Tuscan kale and the shrimp scampi had the most beautiful, sweet shrimp we've seen in a restaurant in a long time. BUT, the crazy, inconsistent service ruined the whole experience.Special Features: