634 N. York Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroalbertino.com/
- Phone: 2677817229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Agron Hajdari (Goni)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer off site corporate or large party catering, setup, delivery, and servers provided if required. We also offer catering for pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a privet dining area that can accommodate up to 40 people, also on Sunday we offer the all restaurant for a privet party that can accommodate up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Eri 2673933599
A word from Bistro Albertino
Bistro Albertino is a chef owned restaurant where chef Goni decided to bring his European experience in Willow Grove and areas surrounding it. At Bistro Albertino you will find from homemade pastas and cheese to tender veal and chicken, from traditional dishes to contemporary dishes. You will feel welcome soon as you walk in, with the enthusiastic front of the house staff will accompany you to your experience with us. We accommodate children as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Albertino reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (16)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014When we're here, my husband reminds me that it used to be a classic dive bar, the Neptune, which is somehow charming. The food is delicious. They have carved out a specific local need - a classy (not trying to also be a pizzeria), BYOB Italian restaurant, which is not about it's red sauce. I am in total love with the Bistecca Albetino, which is beef and spiral pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce. Not usually my thing but they do it really well. Always ask for the specials, which are always delicious. My only complaint would be that after being a regular since they opened, tonight, we did not get the complimentary after dinner limoncello. The restaurant was busy, our waitress was busy, but our neighbors got the limoncello. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night spotstrbDined on 10/17/2014Bistro Albertino always blows me away. The perfect spot for a date night and it's BYOB. Specials are always great and pasta and mozzarella is made fresh in the house! Service is excellent and often the chef himself will even come out to make sure everything was prepared just right.Special Features:
- Four complimentsSonGerDined on 10/11/2014Property not very appealing from the outside but nice inside. Good variety of choices on the menu plus a few interesting Specials. Service very attentive. Four adult diners rated the food very good to excellent with high praise for the Sea Bass (Special). Price may be a few dollars high since they're not exactly in the high rent district but quality helped make up for that. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jay1651VIPDined on 10/11/2014Bistecca Alebertino is their excellent signature pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemSeesaulDined on 10/4/2014The homemade pasta and sauces make Albertinos a notch above the rest. Don't be hesitant by the location this little place is a gem! They even end the meal with homemade lemon cello!Special Features:
- cgl1Dined on 10/4/2014Great everyday restaurant with very good food and service. Owner often welcomes you personally, wants you to have a good experience. I have brought others to dine with us and have recommended as well.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Great neighborhood place for fresh pasta! We enjoyed celebrating a friend's birthday dinner. Reasonably priced BYOB! The sign out front makes it difficult to find D.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Service was excellent. Atmosphere was fair. Food was fair. My pasta dish was a little dry and pasty, and my salad did not have any taste. My Husbands salad was excellent with a balsamic dressing on it. He had the fish table side. Good flavor, side vegetables were nicely flavored also. Tiramisu was excellent and they put a candle in it for my Husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Eperience on Sept. 27, 2014enjoyseatingoutDined on 9/27/2014Our party of ten ( 3 generations) had a great time celebrating the joint birthday celebration of two family members. Everybody found the food their ordered satisfying and delicious. Three of us had Linguini alla Pescatore, one had Salmon Mediterraneo, and somebody had the special of the day ...grilled sword fish. Those who are not into sea food likewise had a lot of choices. The waiters were very attentive and quick to refill the sodas and water.Special Features:
- Great Foodcat1Dined on 9/20/2014We have dined at Bistro Albertino several times and the food is always great. There are always specials and it is difficult to decide what to order! Plan to be a regular at Bistro Albertino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surpriseLolaSueDined on 9/20/2014When I made the reservation the reviews were very positive for this restaurant. When I drove up to it I almost missed it because it looked like a pizza place. However, upon entering, I found the atmosphere charming and cozy. I was greeted warmly by the employees and sat down to wait for my friends undisturbed. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. We started with bruschetta which was delicious and made with first-class olive oil and tomatoes. The main entrees were wonderfully prepared and fresh.Special Features:
- Bistro AlbertinochalkyDined on 9/19/2014This was a Friday night and it was really a good thing that we had made reservations for 7 PM earlier in the day. Service was quick but no so quick that we felt rushed. All the wait staff were very pleasant. When our entree's arrived, the were beautifully and artfully presented. The Calamari were absolute delicious. They were lightly breaded and fried with a lovely marinara sauce but NOT greasy. The balsamic vinaigrette on the salad was light and not overwhelming. The potato gnocchi in a creamy gorgonzola sauce were light and not heavy and the spaghetti with a ragu sauce was rich and thick. Being a BYOB is also a plus. We are planning to frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was very good. The only con was that we had a table in back of us and they were so loud we couldn't even understand what the waiter was saying. Other than that, everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by the outsideanastasiaDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant front is deceiving because it doesn't represent the delicious food and inside decor. It's a BYOB too. Service was good. Specials were a little too pricey to try. ($26.95 for cod. Really?) Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, very surprisedjoewDined on 9/6/2014What can I say but everything that you want in a restaurant you have here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!ChrisDined on 8/19/2014Third time here and we will be back! Ordered pasta with seafood (white sauce) off of the menu and it was wonderful. Generous portion with very fresh and perfectly cooked mussels, clams, calamari and shrimp. Husband enjoyed veal parm served with pasta. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- All about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Authentic Italian BYOB -- outstanding homemade food. Menu is somewhat limited but each dish is made to perfection. Relatively new and nothing fancy but this is one of the best Italian restaurants in the Philly suburbs. Service is personable and professional. A great find and quite a bargain!Special Features:
- small portionshorribleDined on 8/16/2014we have dined here many times before and enjoyed however the portions are much smaller than beforeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The food and service was very good but the quantity of food served was lacking. We ordered different entrees and needed to fill up on bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentwhiteflowerVIPDined on 7/23/2014We love this restaurant and frequent it often. It's in the neighborhood and always consistently good. The food is well prepared and presented, and the staff is always welcoming. I can't recommend Bistro Albertino enough.Special Features:
- Another fantastic meal!NancyKDined on 7/19/2014We returned again to Bistro Albertino and were not disappointed. Our appetizers and entrees were absolutely delicious, the wait staff was attentive, and we had an all-around lovely evening in this casual, unassuming restaurant. You can't go wrong here if you're looking for deliciously prepared Italian food, close to home, and at a surprisingly reasonable price point. Bravo!Special Features:
- Great findGoodFriendsGoodTimesDined on 7/18/2014I chose this restaurant based on reviews I found on TripAdvisor. My husband and I met 2 other couples for dinner. Upon arrival at the restaurant I was a bit concerened as the place didn't look like much, and there were only 2 cars in the parking lot. So glad we decided to stay. Food was delicious, and service was very good.Special Features:
- Little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/18/2014We also chose this restaurant based on reviews found on TripAdvisor. Upon arrival at the restaurant just after 6PM on a Friday night, very surprised to find out we were the only customers in the restaurant (Nancy K, one of the two cars was probably mine). A few more showed up later. Great service and the veal parm was delicious. Prices very reasonable for Italian food and the best part BYOB, which we did. Figured out where the crowds were after dinner. Waiting outside at Bonefish Grill and Carrabba's. What are you people thinking in Willow Grove? You have an outstanding bakery in Weinrich's and all the crowds were waiting in line at Dunkin Donuts? Support your local businesses or all you will have left is bland chain places.
- LOVE THIS PLACEdakotaboyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We discovered Albertino's when they first opened and have returned time and again. also love that it is a BYOBSpecial Features:
- The following 124 reviews are from the Bistro Albertino reviews archive.
- Tiny spot Big tastesmallgirl3Dined on 7/1/2014A tiny restaurant in an quiet neighborhood that was absolutely worth visiting. Portions were generous and food was good. Service was friendly,attentive and knowledgable. I would visit again to be sure.Special Features:
- Nice touchJohnVIPDined on 6/28/2014The after dinner shot is a very nice touch. I appreciated the dessert you provided for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!NancyKDined on 6/18/2014Bistro Albertino is truly a fantastic find, and a new favorite. Unassuming, in a local strip mall, it is not to be missed for some of the best Italian food around. We enjoyed our meal immensely, have already recommended it to others, and will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian diningFlourtown313VIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was very, very good. The service was attentive and friendly. Parking is a bit difficult, but was able to find a spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat ReturnAllanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Stumbled upon this place earlier in the year and gave them a try for Valentine's Day Dinner. This time they didn't disappoint either The food was scrumptiously delicious, the service - impeccable!!!! Definitely will be back from more and truly started spreading the word within friends and family to give Bistro Albertino a try!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Producing really delicious food and great specials in a small neighborhood restaurant. Attentive servers make the experience even better. Well done!Special Features:
- Never disappointedsuefrVIPDined on 6/7/2014Again we returned with friends to Bistro Albertino. We love to come here because we are NEVER disappointed. The food is always excellent and the service great as well. We especially love the homemade orangcello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JanetSVIPDined on 6/3/2014This place is a great find. Lunch was great -- excellent food & service, very pleasant atmosphere. Will return for dinner and definitely recommend to friends. A winner!Special Features:
- helzVIPDined on 5/31/2014Specials were outstanding as was the service. Food fresh. Amazing pesto spread for bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemRaddocDined on 5/22/2014Great food, great service, can't ask for more. Flounder special was especially good! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Not Much Bang for the BuckBillyPopDined on 5/22/2014My wife's Veal Parm was a real disappointment. My Bistecca Albertino was OK, but tasted more like goulash. Both entree portions were small. Also, neither soup nor salad were included in the meals, even though the prices for the meals were on the high side. Why would we return here when there is an Italian restaurant closer to us that offers a wider variety, much better tasting food, and enough portions for us to take home every time. This also includes baskets of homemade bread, salad, or, for a dollar extra, outstanding soups.
- Great Value!ChadDined on 5/20/2014Quite a find. When I arrived, I wasn't sure what to expect. The outside of the restaurant is not it's strong point, but the wait staff and food were outstanding. There were 3 of us and we had an outstanding meal for $95 before tip. One of the best meals for the the money I've ever had. Just remember that it's BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014This was our third time dining here. We reserved the round table for six and it was wonderful. The service was perfect - the table was perfect. The food was delicious. Our bill including tip was less than $60 per couple. Overall - a perfect place to dine with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian ByobStephDined on 5/17/2014I was told to go here by a good friend so I came with my boyfriend. The service was friendly & attentive. We had the fried calamari to start. It was a good portion and not too heavy. The risotto special was to die for! And you have to get dessert... The white chocolate mousse was so great. Will definitely be going back. Price is reasonable and Byob is always a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerhpesojcDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife for Mother's Day with our two kids. The Server was very accommodating. They didn't have a kid's menu but they threw together some penne with alfredo sauce. She said they do not have chocolate milk but she was able to make some. It's a small quiet byo with good food. The kind of place I would go to regularly if I lived in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food at this Byobfracas99Dined on 5/10/2014Food was good not great at this inconspicuous restaurant. Bread was warm and good, and the pesto they served w/ it was tasty. Our meals were good, large servings, but not superb. The issue was the sound level. People esp men were practically screaming and it was impossible to have a conversation. We did not stay for dessert - had to get out of there bc we had a headache!!I would recommend this to a friend.