1646 Division St.
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro9restaurant.com/
- Phone: 4013981875x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Aaron Edwards
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Bistro 9 is well-equipped to cater events of up to 200 guests. Chef Aaron Edwards customizes every catering menu to best suit your needs and budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Nine is well-equipped to host a variety of private events. Menus for every event are customized according to style, demographic, price point, and taste. Bistro Nine and East Greenwich Golf Club are great to hold engagement parties, weddings, wedding rehearsal dinners, baby showers, bridal showers, bachelor parties, fundraisers, business dinners, golf tournaments, charity events, birthday parties and anniversaries.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Mills 4013981875x
- Entertainment: Bistro 9 can accommodate live entertainment for any special event. On Thursday evenings and holidays Bistro 9 patrons enjoy the smooth sounds of Al Abbott, one of East Greenwich"s savored treasures.
- Special Events: Bistro Nine's ample parking and East Greenwich Golf Club's beautiful nine-hole course make it a great place to hold corporate functions, golf tournaments, family outings and fundraisers.
A word from Bistro 9
Bistro 9 is nestled amidst one of Rhode Island's best public golf courses. Specializing in modern Italian/American cuisine, Bistro 9 has something for even the most discerning of palates. The restaurant is best known for its innovative small plates, sumptious pastas, and affordable entrees. Some of Chef Aaron Edward's signature dishes include Sugar Glazed Salmon with a Dill Pistachio Pesto, and our Tagliatelle Bolognese. Bistro Nine specializes in entertaining private parties for all occasions. From small business luncheons of ten, to elaborate weddings for two hundred guests, Bistro Nine is the optimal location to host any event. Reservations are recommended, and gift certificates are available for any denomination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro 9 - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Bistro 9 reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (17)scenic view (15)special occasion (15)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (11)romantic (10)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- We love Bistro 9BevSRIDined on 9/27/2014We have been dining at Bistro 9 ever since we discovered it! The food and service and ambiance are consistently excellent. Some of their unusual offerings (ie, clams in bean sauce) are beyond excellent - they are memorable. Bistro 9 will always remain in our repertoire of neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:
- girl's nightkaramiaDined on 9/20/2014Great time with friends, good food with good portions. Our waiter was very polite and got both our food and drink requests perfect! Our take was ready when we arrived and we were never rushed to sit down while we had a drink at the bar first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice surpriseKH41Dined on 9/19/2014restaurant is on the edge of a golf course which was a surprise - building doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior is modern, cozy and clean. we happened upon the first day of restaurant week and were treated to a wonderful menu full of imaginative and tasty treats all for $15.99. The food was very good, though the service was a bit spotty. But we are looking forward to going back again and trying their regular menu which looked good as well. Lots of treats to try.Special Features:
- Great food, as always!MaryMRDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at Bistro9 many times and have never been disappointed. The food is always wonderful, as is the service and setting! We both ordered fish entrees and they were very good.Special Features:
- PeterEVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a great meal and a very good bottle of wine. Our waitress very attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureNightoffDined on 8/11/2014My husband & I were at Bistro 9 to celebrate our wedding anniversary; not many restaurants are open on Monday night & Bistro 9 was. We were greeted as we walked in the door by the hostess, seated right away, the waiter was soon over to take our drink order. I chose a peach sangria; it was delicious my husband had a margarita, which was also good. For an appetizer we chose fried tomatoes; would recommend them; really good. I had the pork tenderloins, my husband had the chicken special; both dinners were yummy. We were so full from dinner that we had no room for dessert. Bistro 9 is a wonderful restaurant and we will go back soon.Special Features:
- Great findWarwicksixDined on 8/2/2014Our group of 6 were very pleased with the food, the servings and the waitstaff. The salads were both imaginative and good as were the appetizers. Our waiter explained all the specials and answered all questionsSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GembacibuyerDined on 7/24/2014I eat a certain way and love to find a restaurant that can fit my needs....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top favoritewillDined on 7/22/2014We have been attending this restaurant since it's beginning. It is always superior thanks to Aaron's culinary expertise and the efforts of his staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diamond in the ruffJoshDined on 7/15/2014EG Country Club is a good 9 hole course, but the restaurant far outshines the course. All new wood, granite bar, great menu with tons of selection and everything we ate was on the same level as the best of EG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMDinEGDined on 6/28/2014Really great filet and their salads and calamari are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geminigirlluvs2dineGeminigirluvs2dineDined on 6/28/2014Attractive ambience. Pleasant, friendly and attentive service. Abundant portions. Very good food, well-prepared. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanDined on 6/25/2014Wednesday night "Ladies' half-price entrees" is a real draw.
- GeorgeDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I tried this place for the first time after hearing many good reviews. We really enjoyed our dinner. My wife had a scallop dish that was very good and I had the taglietelli bolognese and it was excellent. My wife also enjoyed her drink which was an Asian pear martini. We also had two appetizer specials that were good. Our service was exceptional. We were skeptical at first as this is a golf course and appears very unassuming from the outside but inside the decor is nice and the views of the golf course actually add to the overall ambience. I will be going there agin for sure and would not hesitate to recommend it.Special Features:
- NeighborswannabeareviewerDined on 6/14/2014All 4 of us enjoyed our food and the generous servings. Wait staff was friendly and efficient. Price was commensurate with the lovely experience. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food w/ Nice PresentationFansOfEatingOutDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I decided to try Bistro9 for our Anniversary. Our table was not ready so we opted to take the high top in the bar. Since we are casual diners, this was not an issue. Service was excellent and attentive. We ordered the white clam chowder and the soup special Shrimp Bisque. Both were excellent served with small pieces of toast sprinkled with cheese. I ordered the chicken special which consisted of a breast stuffed with ricotta and spinach served over apple risotto. My wife ordered the Rib eye prepared medium well as requested. She particularly enjoyed the Radicchio, Sopressata, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad. Our drinks and dinner were served promptly with no rush between courses. Definitely will try again.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the Bistro 9 reviews archive.
- Seating issueCarro6VIPDined on 5/31/2014Upon arrival to the restaurant we were led to a high top table in the bar area. When we asked for table or booth we were told it wluld be an 1 1/2 hr wait. The food Go to the car yet?was very good and the service was outstanding! I would definitely go back but only if seated at a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulSueSull21Dined on 5/29/2014My cod fish cooked in Parchment paper was incredible! The vegetables cooked inside with orzo had a delectable sauce on them and I truly enjoyed every single bite. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 9 overlooks the Eastmarilyn14VIPDined on 3/17/2010Bistro 9 overlooks the East Greenwich Golf Course. The restaurant's ambiance is fair along with the food. The ginger encrusted pork tenderloin with yukon gold potatoes and asparagus was good but the pork was overdone even though I requested medium. Salads were good but not creative. The Italian food my companions had was just fair. Our waitress was very personable and efficient. Bistro 9 is just an average restaurant with average surroundings.
- I felt the restaurant foodCruiseVIPDined on 3/9/2010I felt the restaurant food was excellent. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- OK, get past the bland exterior-OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010OK, get past the bland exterior- the interior has been completely renovated, classy and comfortable. Wait staff are excellent and food is good and well-presented, but the big surprise is the value!! The parking lot was jammed when we arrived at 5:30pm on a Sunday night- good news gets around!!!Special Features:
- food was good but our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2010food was good but our waitress was never around. we waited 15 min before she came to take the bill.Special Features:
- We were pleased with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/6/2010We were pleased with the food preparation and presentation. My lobster over pasta with a light red sauce was generously portioned and nicely prepared, served piping hot and with a heavy hand on the butter. The wine list needs help. This may be because the place is still fairly new. The selection is unremarkable and prices are high for unremarkable. Our big issue with Bistro 9 is that we froze throughout our dining experience. There is no breezeway, so even though we were 30 feet from the entrance, every time the door opened, we got a blast of the arctic. Overall, the ambiance and feel of the place is trendy. Trendy doesn't last. Getting rid of the jelly jar wine glasses in favor of real ones would be a good beginning.