Bistro 72 At Hotel Indigo East End
1830 West Main Street
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 72 At Hotel Indigo East End
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indigoeastend.com/
- Phone: (631) 369-3325
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Junk
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We are a full-service corporate and special events catering company. We feature custom menu creation by our Head Chef to match your unique vision. Food is our passion; we create dishes that are inspired, delicious and as memorable as your event. Our team of event planners, managers, bartenders, servers and kitchen staff will handle every aspect of your catered affair.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Tuzzolo 6315481204
A word from Bistro 72 At Hotel Indigo East End
Bistro 72 is a casually elegant restaurant and lounge located in the newly opened Hotel Indigo East End. Bistro 72 brings you a distinctive contemporary dining experience on Long Island's East End. Our cuisine seasonally showcases the finest locally-grown ingredients and regional wines. We offer natural and organic options when possible, presenting a delectable menu of fine pairings and great flavors. We feature indoor/outdoor and poolside/fireside dining; and live entertainment each Thursday, Friday & Saturday night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bistro 72 At Hotel Indigo East End - Best Restaurants in Riverhead ›
Bistro 72 At Hotel Indigo East End reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (7)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Surprisingly elegantStephanieDined on 11/15/2014This was a very pleasant surprise. We enjoyed the singer/pianist and our meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and live music!PoppyDined on 11/7/2014We went to Bistro 72 on Friday, November 7, 2014 for the Long Island Restaurant Week promotion. The service was excellent. Our waitress gave us samples of the wines before we chose which wine we wanted. The menu was not extensive but the specials were also available on the regular menu. I had onion soup that was very tasty but it could have been hotter! My husband had the Bistro72 Salad that he thoroughly enjoyed. For the Main, I had the chickpea crusted chicken on a salad. It was delicious. My husband had shrimp scampi that he said was very good. For dessert, we both had the berries and cream. We both loved the dessert! Hubby had coffee and I had a Cappucino. The bill was around $95.00. We would return if there was a special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, excellent food.Foodie4hireDined on 10/18/2014Bistro 72 was a very nice surprise. It was an unexpected shining star in an otherwise uninteresting area of riverhead. The ambiance was perfect and they had the fireplaces lit - grest for a cold night. Plent of outdoor dining, lounge areas with patio heaters and fireplaces to stay cozy. The hotel is beautiful although pricey. The food was amazing and the drinks poured perfectly. Would definitely recommend Bistro 72 and Hotel Indigo to all foodies & lovers of upscale dining as well as a romantic getaway to the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureShowmethemusicDined on 10/17/2014As a music lover, I am out and about following the music. Having a top-notch restaurant providing great local musicians such a comfortable venue to perform and their fans a comfortable atmosphere to enjoy the music is a treasure.Special Features:
- LuncheonladiesLuncheonladiesDined on 10/14/2014Have been to Bistro 72 many times. Always very satisfied with the food, cocktails and service. Our waiter, Anthony, was awesome! We were four girlfriends celebrating our birthdays and had a great time. Thanks to Bistro 72 and Anthony.Special Features:
- Wonderful Surprisegailp3VIPDined on 9/27/2014We weren't expecting much from a hotel restaurant but were happily surprised. We went there specifically to see Trevor Davison who plays piano & sings. We were disappointed that he wasn't singing but only playing piano but either way he is fantastic!! The food was great. The ambiance was superb & the service was excellent!! We would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Professional and very friendly staff. Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & MusicShowmethemusicDined on 9/13/2014Following great local musicians is made even better by this intimate setting with great food and a helpful but not hovering staff.Special Features:
- TerribleEastenderDined on 9/11/2014We stayed at the hotel with our 18 month old and thought dining in the hotel would be our best bet. Every single item we ordered was wrong. Instead of plain pasta they brought my son Mac and cheese and vegetables drenched in oil. Our steaks were tough and covered in this disgusting gravy that wasn't even on the menu. I could go on and on. Was not a pleasurable dinner, thankfully my son was a happy dinner date lol
- Happy to see it get hereNoFoLauraVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have tried Bistro 72 a couple of times since it first opened through a few different chefs, including Lia Fallon. The last chef we tried a couple of years ago stopped us from coming. We heard things were new, so gave it a try. SOOO glad we did. They have completely turned this place around. The food is creative, the staff is top notch, and the outdoor tables on the terrace are perfect for a night out. We loved their selection of local wines. The pretzel appetizer might sound ho-hum, but try it, and keep the sauces it comes with for anything else you get. This was visit two under the new folks, and both were great experiences.Special Features:
- RiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 8/22/2014Well prepared food, much of it locally sourced. Stylish room but the overwhelming presence of TV screens in the bar and at reception can be overwhelming. This may not be the place for an intimate meal on nights when there is live music. It is worth checking in advance what the scheduled decibel level will be.
- DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME & MONEY,MishDined on 8/21/2014We were originally brought to this restaurant with a groupon and loved it, came back one or two more times and again, loved it. So when we saw a groupon again, we decided that we would get another one bc it was a good deal. Unfortunately tonight, out of all the restaurants we could have chosen to celebrate my birthday at, we chose Bistro 72 and who knew what a mistake that would have been. First even though you make a reservation online with open table and request a table outside so that you can listen to the music and enjoy a summer night and it's your birthday, it doesn't matter, they still didn't have a table for 6 ready for us because "they don't take reservations for outside" which is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Cont'..
- Nice hotel restaurantLucky13VIPDined on 8/20/2014Service was very friendly and attentive. We have dined here several times when staying at the Indigo East End and have found each time the kitchen to be slow whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So don't go if you want a quick bite. Pricey but overall a pleasant meal. If you like sports or watching close captioned t.v., they have a number of sets throughout the bar and dining room. Not a problem since no volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014It was a pleasant surprise. indigo hotel is beautiful and the restaurant is in the lobby it has great outdoor dining too with very good food and service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't even get to eatWHFoodieDined on 8/11/2014I dined at Bistro 72 while staying at the Hotel Indigo on vacation. I ordered the filet mignon, cooked medium rare as an entree. When my entree came, I cut into it and tried a piece...it was overcooked and dry as a bone. I told the waiter who proceeded to argue with me and tell me that the meat was cooked as I had asked for it. He finally brought the meat back and the manager came over a short while later and said they were cooking me another filet and it would be a few minutes. Twenty to twenty five minutes later I still had not received another steak and so I told the waiter to cancel the steak. He gave me a half-hearted apology and said the restaurant was busy. The manager never came back to apologize.
- As long as you're not in a hurry...FredGourmetVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was very good, the wait staff friendly, but service was extremely slow. We did have a large party on the other hand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price fixed menu is a good value.MeatmanDined on 8/6/2014The tables by the door to the dining patio are to be avoided. Busy Wait staff have to use their feet to open heavy doors when holding food orders. Hotel should consider crash bars to open. Service was a little too rushed. We felt we were on a time clock and were given our check before asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, wonderful service and an unexpected ambience for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Bistro 72 At Hotel Indigo East End reviews archive.
- Great findMaggieDined on 7/3/2014We had our server Nick who is attentive, polite, and excellent at remembering anything you need. The food was amazing. We did the price fix meal. I had the Caesar salad. It was made with pancetta, different but excellent. Ialso had the flat iron steak that was cooked to perfection. I cleaned my dish. Not only would I recommend this restaurant but am looking forward to our next trip. When we returned home from dining Itold my daughter about it and she went that night and ordered the same meal.Special Features:
- alicsheaDined on 7/1/2014As my stars review.. loved Bistro72 menu, presentation, service, wine list, all wonderful Will be back again and will bring more friends, too!Special Features:
- Bistro 72 @ Hotel IndigoJAD28Dined on 6/30/2014The ambiance here is spectacular with the outside and inside fireplaces. The dining experience is very pleasurable and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceLoveFineDiningDined on 6/28/2014Open Table gave us 3 initial restaurant options. We decided on Bistro 72 because the Tanger outlet coupon book (we'd been shopping) contained a coupon for a $10 gift card per coupon per person from Bistro 72 to use at the Tanger outlet on our next shopping trip. I had a coupon and my brother had a coupon. So the 3 of us decided to eat at Bistro 72. The mediocre food was expensive and service was pretty bad e.g. We ordered the Bistro 72 salad with candied walnuts. When the salads arrived there were no candied walnuts and we couldn't find our server to tell her. The filet mignon was over cooked. Then when we asked for the bill and gave the 2 coupons for the gift cards, we were told that Bistro 72 doesn't give gift cards anymore.
- Perfect outdoor spotEatingwhiletravelingDined on 6/17/2014Cheese plate was perfect, especially for a hot night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up AgainEFalcaroVIPDined on 6/15/2014This place has been up and down since it opened a couple of years ago. It is up again!! Very good chef, menu and service. We live close by and it has become one of the best restaurants on the east end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night PlaceRGMFOODIDined on 6/12/2014The Bistro was a pleasant surprise for our night out without the kids. The food was great, service was fast and friendly. The entertainment was great, there was singer performing during dinner with a great selection of music. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMesrickDined on 6/7/2014Outside area was nice, until it got dark and they didn't have propane to light the torches outside- it got rather chilly. My gf's scallops were overcooked. My ravioli was extremely uninteresting. The sauce was bland, honestly the steamed vegetables were the best part. Cocktails were good though.
- RiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 5/30/2014Well prepared, locally sourced food. Stylish if noisy surroundings.
- Hotel IndigorisaDined on 5/9/2014Took about fifteen minutes for a server to come to our table. When he did come, he was very accommodating. The food was okay; but a bit pricey. May return for a burger to listen to the live music.Special Features:
- LivgirlDined on 4/25/2014Great food very good options for vegetarians. Excellent service from start to finish. Bartenders are great and are a lot if fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and dinnerShatochatoVIPDined on 4/6/2014came in for lunch and had just a cheese appetizer with samples of various cheeses, nuts and figs. Delicious. Came back later in the day for dinner and had the filet mignon which was very good. Had been here before and found a reason to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 strikes but not outCasualDinersDined on 3/22/20143rd time that my wife & I had dinner there.Each time, there was a problem with our order.This time, even though I had ordered my burger with just bacon,cheese & unseasoned fries,I received cheese,onions & seasoned fires.After about 5mins they brought out an order of bacon & fries.My wife's fish was practically not cooked at all.She had to wait for it to be cooked.The previous time that we went there, my burger was also missing bacon,cooked rare (not WD as requested) & had seasoned fries.It seemed like they had forgot about my wife's dinner.She had to wait about 20 mins after my food was delivered before she received hers.They did try to make up for it by giving her a free desert.The food when you get it,is very good.We are going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast….and MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014What a great surprise! we didn't expect the quality of the food, decor and service we experienced, keep up the outstanding work,we will be back!…looking forward to lunch and dinner on the patio in warmer weatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent good, great performerLivgirlDined on 3/14/2014Excellent good, great performer singing live music and wonderful service I have not had a bad meal there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Good food, good service. They have outdoor dining during the warmer seasons but it is near the hotel pool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight FindMeAgainVIPDined on 2/25/2014After shopping at Tanger Outlets we needed to find a nice quiet and non-fast food place to enjoy a relaxing meal. Bistro 72 provided just that and more. Our waiter was helpful and attentive and the atmosphere was exactly right. Of course, a weekend night may provide a completely different experience. We chose the Price Fixed menu and were very pleased with our selections. The Bistro salad as an appetizer was a great start. I chose the papardelle bolognese as my entree and my husband had the praline crusted cod. Both choices were very good and i took home most of the pasta for the next day. Our choice for dessert was the creme brûlée, which we both enjoyed immensely. We would recommend Bistro 72 and we would definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectmissjudyDined on 2/23/2014With the exception of being told that "breakfast is served all day" on Sunday...and finding out that wasn't the case at all...it stopped at 12 Noon, we enjoyed our first visit to Bistro 72. The waiter was great. The manager (who told us we were mistaken about breakfast being served all day) was snippy and her customer service skills need to be honed. The food, on the other hand, was delicious and served beautifully. In spite of the manager's lack of customer service skills, the food and the service might tempt us to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseboogieDined on 2/22/2014This far surpassed any Hotel restaurant dining experience....We were a group of four and everything we ordered was delicious... Special mention for our server, Cindy, who has such a great personality......Extremely friendly, courteous, and attentive....We also were seated in a corner semi circular booth which had to be the best seat in the house....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised MeHamptonsEaterDined on 2/20/2014The food was really good. Bread was fresh baked, but only three small (I mean small) pieces are given. They had no problem supplying more. Local wines and beers are nice, I had a beer flight which came with four different local beers (all were good!). Entrees were good, perfect portions. Prices were very reasonable. Did not get dessert because we were full. Nice place for a small romantic date. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great WineTzorDined on 2/19/2014First and foremost is the notable wine list. Local vineyards are featured and in addition to wine flights you can get local wines by the glass you normally have to get by the bottle in other restaurants. Wednesday is the prix fixe and several very interesting selections are available under that menu. The only odd thing is that in the bar area you have lots of television screens but you also have a live piano player playing relaxing piano music. If you don't mind that paradox, it is an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day at Bistro 72OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Bistro 72. The greeted us with local sparkling wine sample from Sparkling Point. The appetizor we had was muscles was very good. For my main course I had a veal/eggplant, and prositio - the dish was good except I didn't care for the prosito. My date had a Pork dish that was good.Special Features: