7111 S. Virginia St., Ste B
Reno, NV 89511Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro7reno.com/
- Phone: 7758519463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-3:00pm
Happy Hour: M-F 3:00pm-6:30pm
Dinner: M-Sa 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Woodall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private space for up to 50 people. Semi-private space for up to 25 and entire restaurant rental available for up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Erin 7758519463x
A word from Bistro 7
Modern American fare with something for every palate served in a sleek, hip space with a casual, yet sophisticated atmosphere. Innovative cocktails, stellar wine list, fresh, seasonal delicious food. Open for lunch, happy hour and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 7 reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was a good time everybody was politeand nice. service was good in on timewould definitely recommend that restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, clueless serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food is quite good. It's been a while since we've been here. We hesitated to come back bacuase of poor service but decided to try it again. They didn't clear of appetizer plate until after our dinners arrived. The waiter stood there as we had to clear our our plates so she could serve our dinners. She was very hesitant - most likely very new to her job. They clearly need to train their staff better, Probably won't be back again for a long while.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The food was good and the service was great. The ambiance was amazing and the place was clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerjimboDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Bistro 7. We figured it would be good, based on other reviews, and we were not disappointed. The menu has many yummy-sounding offerings, But since we don't eat much, we opted for an appetizer and a pizza to share. They were both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 7 always wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We frequent Bistro 7 often and are never disappointed. The food is always spectacular and presentation amazing. We recently took out of town guests and they could not stop raving about what a wonderful dinner experience we had. Cocktails and happy hour are also great. We love Bistro 7!!Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Bistro 7 reviews archive.
- LuLuDined on 5/20/2014Christine our server was FABULOUS. Disappointment major knowing you are getting rid of the Lotus Chips. Love those!!Special Features:
- Pleasant night outrecluvsfoodDined on 5/10/2014We wanted to show an out of town guest that great dining could be found out of a casino and Bistro 7 did not disappoint! Steak was seasoned and grilled to perfection, fish & scallops were tender and succulent. The pairing of the side dishes with each main protien was spot on. The tomato brie soup was so delicious that our guest had it to go for the next moring! We shared the dining space with several couples, and 2 large groups. The service was attentive to both sizes of groups handling orders and refills wilth aplomb. I had a wonderful night out!Special Features:
- Jury is still outwst8sVIPDined on 5/9/2014Had some good lunches here, but first dinner was so so. Service in the bar was very slow and it was not busy. And not sure what the deal is with the surf and turf tempura roll, but too much cream cheese and not enought lobster, fllet and avocado. Tasted like fried cream cheese. Well still try again to see if this was just a bad night. Love the cookies though and they have a nice wine list for a Reno restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small dinner meeting.LuckySueDined on 5/7/2014Bistro 7 was a great place to have a small dinner meeting. Not too loud and pleasant. Good Service.Special Features:
- DeliciousMustangbexDined on 4/23/2014Bistro 7 is a surprising find in the southern part of Reno where the Chain Restaurant is King and Cheesecake Factories roam the plains. The food is creative but familiar enough to lure and tempt even the most timid of eaters in your group. The wine list is very well curated and prices are not outside what you would expect at a restaurant of this kind. There was a tendency to over-salt some elements- the flat bread particularly- but the beef (our party had sirloin, ribeye, and a burger) was expertly prepared, tender and flavorful. The deep fried green beans were a fun and interesting appetizer.Special Features:
- Nice place, good dinner ...Love2dineDined on 4/19/2014We went out for a special event. It is a nice, clean place. European style. Very nice, friendly waiters. Meals were delicious. Looooved the Cappuccino (not many places offer such a good cappuccino, only the cups are a little bit too small, cappuccinos are usually served in a bigger cup). I guess it's also a nice place to hang out at the bar. We'll come again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy diningGeekyGalDined on 4/16/2014We are three couples who try a different resturant each month. We always get separate checks and we are seniors who love to laugh. Although the food was just ok, we enjoyed our table location and our server Donald. I don't think any of us had a dish we would rave about but we did have fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!BtennyDined on 3/28/2014I had been to Bistro 7's awesome bar for happy hour wine & appetizers, but never for dinner. We took a friend there for her 50th birthday dinner and the four of were very pleased with the whole experience. It's definitely not for people dining on a budget, but it was an all-around good dinner and we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014We came on this restaurant last New Year's Eve and it is truly a find the dishes offered are unique food presentation is excellent as is service the butternut squash ravioli are some of the best I have had the desserts are also excellent ,Special Features:
- Although the atmosphere isFoodTravelerVIPDined on 2/27/2014Although the atmosphere is a little harsh. The food and the service more than make up for it. The short ribs in particular were a hit - perfectly done and accompanied by a fresh squash ravioli and fried egg. Albuquerque combination that came together perfectly.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemogcricketVIPDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for Valentines day but found out we were going to be late. We called to let them know; they were so accommodating. Prefixe dinner was done so right -- excellent presentation, wonderful flavors, generous portions and great price! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great!EricLDined on 2/14/2014We went Valentines day and got the prix fixe menu. Probably the busiest night of a restaurant's year. The food and service were exceptional, and in spite of being at capacity it was quiet enough for easy conversation.Special Features:
- Good wine...good times!panicfanatic73Dined on 2/14/2014Been to Bistro 7 many times. Never had a bad experience. Special Valentine's menu was yummy...would've been nice with wine pairings for the price though.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our first visit torandrDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed our first visit to Bistro 7. Nice modern feel to it and the food had some non-traditional aspects to it if you wanted it but also traditional as well. Service was good - I am a bit spoiled in my expectation to have more wait-staff but our waiter and bus boy hustled around and were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I really enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I really enjoy Bistro 7 and the service is very good - however, during the Valentine evening celebration my wife and I both felt rushed through dinner and our entrée's were not hot. Also a server person should never remove ones plate until all at the table are done with their meal as this makes the person still eating uncomfortable!! Lastly I do not believe a prep station for the servers should be openly visible to those dining as this is a major distraction from the relaxing evening I would like to end on a very positive - the Bistro 7 is a fine dining place and is always very clean and all of the persons working there are very courteous and pleasant - my wife and I will return many times in the future. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The neon sign outside drewNickVIPDined on 1/28/2014The neon sign outside drew my attention: eat here now. I was impressed with the interior, the menu, and the greeting from the hostess. The food was fantastic. Great wine and port selections. Tess was the best server/bartender I think I have ever had. She made this dinner event for me.Special Features:
- I eat here every time I'm in RenoTMcMDined on 1/28/2014This wasn't the first time I've eaten at Bistro7 and it won't be the last. I try to eat here whenever I come in from the Bay Area. This time was a business dinner and my clients and I were impressed with everything from the service to the wine list to the food. I had the scallops special on risotto and it was great. We also had a filet and one of my guests said the sea bass was the best he's ever had. B7 has never disappointed me. And the fried green beans are awesome,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014It's rare that I see a menu in which I want to try everything on the menu. But Bistro 7 is one of those rare restaurants. They take the regulars - meatloaf, short ribs, salmon - and go the extra mile. The meatloaf has Italian sausage. The salmon is cooked on a cedar plank. The short ribs come with a fried egg (stick with me on this one - it added an incredible layer of flavor). My companions ordered each of the mentioned dishes, which were cooked to perfection. I'll be back for Happy Hour and their great cocktail selection. Overall, I'm looking forward to many dining experiences at Bistro 7. My husband and I recently moved to Reno from the east coast, and Bistro 7 is every bit as a good as places we've been to in New York and DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine, Wine, WineOpusloveDined on 1/22/2014This was our third trip to Bistro 7 in the past year. I'm not sure why we don't go more often. Expeience was wonderful from service to food. Their Salmon cooked in brick oven I highly recommend. I would have to say that they have one of the best wine lists in Reno especially if you enjoy wines from California and the Northwest.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised-Wow!!yummyDined on 1/17/2014My husband and I were in town on business staying at the Marriott. They referred us to Bistro 7,how convenient, we could walk there! Surprised when we walked in, cool, sophisticated yet unpretentious. Had a martini at the bar, enjoyed talking to the bartender who proceeded to tell us all about his favorite wines on their very impressive wine list. He suggested we try The Prisoner, now one of my new favorites. I had the Sea Bass which was great, but my husband had the short ribs with the egg on top which was to die for. A must to try if you get to Bistro 7-Our server was good too-friendly and impressed again by how knowledgeable she was on the menu. We are in town for a few more days and look forward to being able to try this place againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised in South Reno!TrueReviewDined on 1/17/2014What a great spot. Cool atmosphere, very diverse menu. I had a hard time deciding, so many things sounded good. Shared a margherita pizza to start, wow, the best thin crust in town! Great beet salad, two color beets, arugula, feta, fabulous caraway dressing! Friend had a grilled caesar - clearly homemade caesar, really tasty! Basil pesto salmon for dinner - yummy. Reno ribeye for friend, lots of flavor. Split hava java mudpie for dessert. So good! Ended up going by the glass for my wine, so many great ones to choose from I had to try a few different ones. Friend started with their signature lemon-basil martini which was super refreshing! This place looks like it would be expensive, San Fran feel inside, but really reasonable. Great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just right!ProdinerVIPDined on 1/17/2014Bistro7 is just right. Not too fancy, but stylish enough. Not too expensive, but great menu choices. The service was very friendly and food well prepared with interesting combinations and ingredients. A place you'd expect in LA or SF, so a great find for Reno. A wonderful casual or business lunch spot. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YearsLeroyDined on 12/31/2013I would probably try the regular menu and not on a holiday, the menu had a great variety but to expensive for what you got. The prime rib I asked for was not good. I asked for a end cut and well done but NOT. The waitress told us to hold on to our silverware because they were going to get busy............It did not fill up as long as we were there....atmosphere was delightful though. We will give it one more try
- poor serviceFranVIPDined on 11/23/2013We've had dinner here before with better service. Our waiter used to be the water service person. He wasn't knowledgeable of the specials (read them & mispronounced one), bought the wine before the cocktails, took away the breadsticks before our dinner arrived. However the food was good, salmon covered with pesto, and fried chicken.
- Intersting Menu -Slow ServiceSeekingGoodRenoDiningDined on 11/20/2013Would have been enjoyable dinner if the service was not so slow and un-responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2013We had a large party and our food was amazing and the service was outstanding. So glad we chose Bistro 7Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reno gem777bobDined on 10/1/2013Gray ambiance, great food. The lobster roll is the bomb. Although stuck in a strip mall, the restaurant is really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu/ Great service4EVERL8Dined on 9/20/2013You can get anything from a unique small plate to wood fired pizza to updated and innovative entrees. Really enjoy the complimentary pizza bread sticks served while you're waiting for your food. Our server (Melissa) was friendly, knowledgeable and always smiling. Would definitely request her next time. The caraway Viniagrette on the beet salad was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding PizzaRetiree2795Dined on 8/17/2013This is the second time we had dinner at Bistro 7 in the past three months. Each time we had a salad and pizza. I had their Scampi Pizza and my wife had their Vegi Pizza. Both were excellent. Very thin crust and flavorful toppings. The Scampi had numerous pieces of sauteed of shrimp and a cheese topping. It was excellent but may be too rich for some people. The Vegi pizza had a nice range of vegetables including artichokes, mushrooms, egg plant and zucchini. I would say one of the nicest vegi pizzas in town. Service was polite and prompt.
- This may be the best I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2013This may be the best I have had since i began visiting RenoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of us had dinner atFoodie77898Dined on 8/3/2013Group of us had dinner at Bistro 7. Everyone loved their food - appetizers were especially tasty! Our waiter was fantastic; very friendly, knowledgable and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch was a success!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2013Everything tasted very fresh and the homemade tomatoe brie soup was absolutely delicious and perfectly seasoned. Everyone enjoyed their dining experience. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Small PlatesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013This is a perfect place for a casual meal. In the summer, shared items from the small-plate menu, plus salad or soup is a nice light meal in the hot weather. Add an Appletini and you have a dinner!Special Features:
- Lucky FindRenoCheeseheadDined on 6/28/2013I was stopped in Reno on a Saturday night on a trip and came upon Bistro 7. It was a quick walk from the Courtyard. I didn't want to sit at a table by myself so I decided to sit at the bar. The bartender, Jill, was super friendly and very pleasant on the eyes as well. I asked about the wine list and she gave me a couple of good selections. I decided on one of her recommendations, a bottle of Justin Cabernet. I had the Ribs. Great flavor and fall off the bone tender. I then had the Filet. On the menu it almost sounded a little like Steak Diane, which I have not had in a long time, but this one was much better. The fried shallots made the dish in my opinion. I can't wait for the next time that I will be in Reno to come eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Yet AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2013Found myself back in Reno on business and decided to head back to B7. Once again, I was extremely pleased with my meal! Tried the Rib Eye steak, it was perfectly cooked and had great flavor. I also started with the Grilled Caesar salad which was very unique and tasty. Don was a very professional server and was always on top of things. I left without dessert since I was full from the steak, but the table next to me was raving about the butterscotch pudding...now I have to wait a few months until I come back to try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.