Bistro 555 - Detroit
555 E. Lafayette Ave
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 555 - Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greektowncasino.com/restaurants/bistro-555/
- Phone: (313) 223-2999 ext. 3100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Lunch & Dinner: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Late Night: 10:00 p.m. – Midnight
Friday - Saturday
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Lunch & Dinner: 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Late Night: 10:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Prime Rib, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room is perfect for any occasion, rehearsal dinners, business meetings,birthdays, anniversary celebrations, office parties and so much more. Please contact us so that we can help make your occasion special.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3132232999x3225
A word from Bistro 555 - Detroit
Inventive. Iconic. Inspirational. Step into our lively lounge, where you can sip cocktails while taking your taste buds on a culinary odyssey. With a dynamic setting overlooking the vibrant Greektown district, the only thing more outstanding than the view is what’s on your plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro 555 - Detroit - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Bistro 555 - Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- rons birthdayBIS1939Dined on 11/17/2014Had a great time at the BISTRO on my birthday,we know the gentleman who seated us from the former buffet. The food was excellent,the waitstaff found out it was birthday time so they brought out a piece of cake with candles and sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me and the people at the next tables joined in the singing. So that made my day. THANKS FOR A COOL EVENING. ronSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home town charmAskawomanVIPDined on 11/9/2014We dine at 555 about twice a week. It's convenient to Greek Town Casino and serves great blackened salmon. The servers are the nicest and most hospitable around. The hosts are gracious and accommodating. All around, its an enjoyable and delicious experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for HubbyrestaurantguruDined on 11/9/2014I took My husband here for his birthday. I love the ambiance and the view. It has lovely décor and is very intimate. They don't have a huge wine selection list if that is what you are looking for, but it is definitely a good place to go to that I would visit again. My sister had her baby shower in the private room that they had and it was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Irridasence at Motor City.luvnlifeDined on 11/9/2014As Greektown casino's premiere restaurant, I was very disappointed in the selection, the quality, the quantity, and the presentation of the food. The selection is less than what you would find at a Leo's or Kerby's Coney Island, and the food quality was about the same as a decent Coney Island. I got the Chicken Kabobs and it was basically one breast cut up with about 4 onion petals and two tomatoes grilled with little to no flavor. I ordered a Honey Jack with a splash of ginger ale and I got a glass of ginger ale with a little honey jack. My friend ordered a Jack & Coke and they used Honey Jack. The salads were probably the nicest part of the meal. With all the new restaurants in Detroit, go somewhere else.
- MOTOWN5SISTERSDined on 11/8/2014My friends and I had just seen MOTOWN THE MUSICAL. We were celebrating a birthday. A staff member graciously agreed to take our picture. Another staff person inquired about our service. The birthday girl(CAROYL) was given cheese cake with strawberry and whip cream topping. The price for the entire five meals was great. We will be back and tell our friends. THANKS FOR MAKING OUR EVENING SO ENJOYABLE!!!!!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DiningsnappysmomDined on 11/8/2014There were four of us mid '50s ladies staying overnight at Greektown. We had dinner at Bistro 555 before going to the Fisher Theatre for Motown the Musical. Our server was fabulous, I only wish I had gotten her name, but she was a tall lady with glasses who spoke with an accent. She was very attentive and explained the menu perfectly. We shared steak bites and shrimp appetizers. Our dinners came very promptly and had good presentation. The food was good, but nothing really to rave over. Everything was fairly priced. Our total bill came to $116 for the 4 of us, which included 3 cocktails. I suppose I would return because of the convenience, but not because of the memorable food.Special Features:
- Poor service for large groupFoodloverDined on 11/1/2014I had reservations for 20 people. We were seated promptly. Our large party had only one waitress. We did not receive our drink order till an hour after being seated. We mention to manager slow service. The restaurant was not crowded. The food was good. But I was disappointed that the staff could handle our large party. Even though we had reservations and were expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablebuilderbobDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was not busy and reservations were made but not needed. The atmosphere was quiet and the restaurant was very spacious- a nice spot for a later dinner. Food was good- not great but worth the price. The waiter was pleasant and accommodating. Enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in GreektownMichiganDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant is in the Greektown Hotel. It was very good, not crowded at dinner time (7pm), the prices very affordable and the food was placed on the plate with styles. We will go there again. It was great to be able to have a dinner conversation in a normal tone.Special Features:
- AskawomanVIPDined on 10/12/2014We visited many times prior to the recent menu change, and the change is definitely an improvement. The menu is extensive, and all four diners in our group were pleased with their entrees. So happy to see grilled salmon again, steak was prepared perfectly, and lemon chicken was excellent. We had a new waiter who was a little tentative, but showed much effort. We love the front desk host, Cornez, who always makes us feel like we are returning to "his" restaurant. All in all, a very good dinner and a good time. We will return.Special Features:
- reservationFlobillVIPDined on 10/8/2014my reservation was ignored and walk ins were seated first. All walk ins were seated in the booths and I was seated way in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service...discussedDined on 9/21/2014the waiter that served my party of 7...totally disrespected me ...maybe it was because I was in a wheelchair...I know he was surprise when I paid the bill of $150 and gave him a $20 tip....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I made reservations for brunch with my boyfriend for my birthday. We arrived 10 minutes before our reservation time and we still had a 20 minute wait for a table. We were seated in the very back of the restaurant, in the private party room. We waited for our server to order mimosas. After waiting for 45 minutes, and after we flagged down THREE different managers (and a bus boy) to send a server over, we finally went to the bar ourselves for drinks. The bartender made me two Bloody Mary's, even though I corrected him twice, stating I wanted two mimosas. We also had to get our own waters/juices. The food was decent, nothing spectacular. I still don't understand how our table never had a server...needless to say, we won't be back.
- Casino casual? Sould score higher.jsw2Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time at the Bistro. I was a good experience with a wide varity of celebrations and attire. Some were catagories above were either were not available (Outdoor dining) or I didn't use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SauceVIPDined on 9/19/2014Can't beat the fish n chips or shrimp n chips..good deal..lots of food..great quick meal before or after hitting the casinoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuv2eatDined on 9/13/2014The food was very Excellent,I recommend it to all my family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningjporter48Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great. However, it was only 3 other tables in the restaurant yet our server was not that attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Bistro 555 - Detroit reviews archive.
- July 4thBDMorningCelebrationDined on 7/4/2014It was my Birthday and what a way to start a morning.. The staff was awesome and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceImanDined on 6/13/2014The customer service was awesome from the moment we entered the door. The food was delicious from appetizers to entrees and definitely desert. I have been here several times and have never had a bad time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - fun dinner!SoozieDined on 5/30/2014Didn't know what to expect, but thought menu would be pricey and food would be standard. Menu prices ranged from $12 for a steak Cobb salad to high $30s for a wonderful porterhouse steak, filet mignon and other gourmet delights. I had the chicken kabobs -- $19, served with fantastic couscous (held the goat cheese!) and my choice of sides - mac n' cheese. Delicious! Dinner for 3, with 3 starter drinks (Martini, Manhattan and Cosmo) and a bottle of cabernet was $147. A steal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMonieDined on 5/11/2014The food was cold. There was not enough variety of items of the menu. My mom said that her turkey was dry. Her friend said that the prime rib was overcooked. For the price we paid everything should have been really nice. I won't be returning. A lot of people probably ate free because they had complimentary points for paying at the casino. We did not. I made reservations for 3 put it was actually 5 of us. We all felt the same way . We won't be returning.
- Norris & Reed luncheon group1969MWDined on 5/3/2014Thanks to Cheryl for suggesting to utilize the banquet room to make our luncheon more comfortable and pleasant. Della, your serve made our group birthday celebration memorable. Your smile and suggestions to the menu showed your professionalism to your craft. See you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreRachelBVIPDined on 4/29/2014Came for lunch with friends. It's a very open floor plan (tables are extremely spaced out), great natural lighting due to large windows. The decor is different. A friend got the $9.99 surf & turf (steak & shrimp) deal that included a 6 oz. sirloin- the steak that came out looked to be about 4-5 oz. and wasn't impressive at all. That being said- for $9.99, we didn't expect much. I had the chicken Alfredo and it was great! I truly enjoyed it. Portions of the pasta dishes are quite large, definitely good for the price. The restaurant could probably use a good deep cleaning (baseboards of the booths had tons of scuff marks, etc.). Overall, it was a pleasant experience but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May Birthday lunch with childh fridOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The lunch was so nice and the food was great as was the service. Me and my childhood friends enjoyed ourselves very much. this was our second time meeting there. You have such a courteous staff,good food and the ambience it's just wonderful. THANK YOU !!!!Special Features:
- Great ServicemybirthdayDined on 4/20/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. Everything was very wonderful. I will definitely be coming back. The dessert table was fabulous. The atmosphere was delightful. Everyone was just so nice and helpful. This will not be my last time visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go here almost every weekend.SauceVIPDined on 3/29/2014We go here almost every weekend. This was the first time for dinner. Service much slower and was very loud. Will stick to lunch. Food better at lunch also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Surf and TurfDeborocksDined on 3/25/2014I've only been twice but this is becoming my favorite lunch spot because of the delicious Surf and Turf lunch special. Please check it out. I work downtown and this is a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always great from sandwichesSauceVIPDined on 3/23/2014Food always great from sandwiches to there surf n turf lunch special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONTIKIDined on 3/7/2014FOOD WAS SO GOOD. BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH GOUDA GRITS THE BOMB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro-555SauceVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great as always. Becoming the wife and I favorite place. Have been here for breakfast lunch and dinner in the last month and service is great,foods delicious and prices are fair. Also take greektown casino comps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite DisappointedETaliaferroDined on 2/28/2014I ordered a porterhouse steak with bake potato. The steak was full of fat and grissle.. The first bake potato was cold. The second was several days old. My wife's meal was equally as bad. The only thing I enjoyed was the glass of wine. The environment is dreary and the service was sub par at beast. I would not go back or recommend it to anyone
- Excellent place for a dinner dateCIscoGuruDined on 2/15/2014Ordered the Prime Rib and it was excellent, my fiancée ordered it as well and she loved it more than I did. My only gripe was that we had to order extra au jus, thought the prime rib would of been already sitting in au jus but it wasn't. But the waitress did go get us extra without hesitation. I will definitely make return trip to this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We came here for valentines day and was not aware that they only offer a set menu. The food was obviously all pre made since they would not allow our Caesar salads to have the dressing on the side. Our waiter barely communicated with us and was more concerned with getting his customers in and out. We had to ask for a wine list and the drinks were not up to par. The food was mediocre at best. Our waiter barely came to our table to see how we were doing. We ordered desert and received it 20 minutes later. It was my first time in Detroit and I left with a bitter attitude due to the awful customer service and terrible food.Special Features:
- Freindly locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014The wait staff are friendly and accommodating to your request and seem to work hard at pleasing customers. The food was delivered in a timely fashion and was very appealing on the plate. The specials are priced right, as well as the wine. Finally the 2 couples I Took were happy with restaurant for lunch prior to the event we attended and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone attending events at Joe Louis or Cobo hall . It's a great place to take customers for meeting, because the noise level is very low and you can actually hear peoples conversations . One more thing, parking is in the same building, so you minimize the time on the street looking to park or walk in bad weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyjodilDined on 2/8/2014Unbeievable buffet and so many options. Well worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/28/2014Place was empty and seemed like the service was empty as well. Took forever to get drinks and the food was subpar. Can't see myself going back anytime soon. Will look to Brizola next time I visit Greektown.
- ServicePaddyDined on 1/28/2014Service was slow been 2x portion seemed smaller 2nd time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceIAmAFoodieDined on 1/3/2014This is a really nice place. The only complaint I had was when I went, I had the Prime Rib and when I got it, it wasn't hot at all. I'm not a fan of cold meat. The seasoning was nice though as well as the Cajun Chicken Penne that my girlfriend ordered. Lastly, I like the ambiance and appearance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supriselovefoodDined on 12/31/2013Did not realize dinner would be a buffet. Food was fine, well prepared some items had been heated a bit to long. Empty vessels were not immediately refilled. service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Service was excellent however, the good was better the 1st experience time. The good was subpar for the cost of the meal. I won't be going back. It was disappointing.