Bistro 555 - Detroit
555 E. Lafayette Ave
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro 555 - Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greektowncasino.com/restaurants/bistro-555/
- Phone: 3132232999x3100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 7:00am – 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 7:00am – 11:00pm
Closed Daily: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Happy Hour – Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Prime Rib, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room is perfect for any occasion, rehearsal dinners, business meetings,birthdays, anniversary celebrations, office parties and so much more. Please contact us so that we can help make your occasion special.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3132232999x3225
A word from Bistro 555 - Detroit
Inventive. Iconic. Inspirational. Step into our lively lounge, where you can sip cocktails while taking your taste buds on a culinary odyssey. With a dynamic setting overlooking the vibrant Greektown district, the only thing more outstanding than the view is what’s on your plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bistro 555 - Detroit - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Bistro 555 - Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)romantic (6)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice eveningjporter48Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great. However, it was only 3 other tables in the restaurant yet our server was not that attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4thBDMorningCelebrationDined on 7/4/2014It was my Birthday and what a way to start a morning.. The staff was awesome and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceImanDined on 6/13/2014The customer service was awesome from the moment we entered the door. The food was delicious from appetizers to entrees and definitely desert. I have been here several times and have never had a bad time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - fun dinner!SoozieDined on 5/30/2014Didn't know what to expect, but thought menu would be pricey and food would be standard. Menu prices ranged from $12 for a steak Cobb salad to high $30s for a wonderful porterhouse steak, filet mignon and other gourmet delights. I had the chicken kabobs -- $19, served with fantastic couscous (held the goat cheese!) and my choice of sides - mac n' cheese. Delicious! Dinner for 3, with 3 starter drinks (Martini, Manhattan and Cosmo) and a bottle of cabernet was $147. A steal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMonieDined on 5/11/2014The food was cold. There was not enough variety of items of the menu. My mom said that her turkey was dry. Her friend said that the prime rib was overcooked. For the price we paid everything should have been really nice. I won't be returning. A lot of people probably ate free because they had complimentary points for paying at the casino. We did not. I made reservations for 3 put it was actually 5 of us. We all felt the same way . We won't be returning.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Bistro 555 - Detroit reviews archive.
- Norris & Reed luncheon group1969MWDined on 5/3/2014Thanks to Cheryl for suggesting to utilize the banquet room to make our luncheon more comfortable and pleasant. Della, your serve made our group birthday celebration memorable. Your smile and suggestions to the menu showed your professionalism to your craft. See you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreRachelBVIPDined on 4/29/2014Came for lunch with friends. It's a very open floor plan (tables are extremely spaced out), great natural lighting due to large windows. The decor is different. A friend got the $9.99 surf & turf (steak & shrimp) deal that included a 6 oz. sirloin- the steak that came out looked to be about 4-5 oz. and wasn't impressive at all. That being said- for $9.99, we didn't expect much. I had the chicken Alfredo and it was great! I truly enjoyed it. Portions of the pasta dishes are quite large, definitely good for the price. The restaurant could probably use a good deep cleaning (baseboards of the booths had tons of scuff marks, etc.). Overall, it was a pleasant experience but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May Birthday lunch with childh fridOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The lunch was so nice and the food was great as was the service. Me and my childhood friends enjoyed ourselves very much. this was our second time meeting there. You have such a courteous staff,good food and the ambience it's just wonderful. THANK YOU !!!!Special Features:
- Great ServicemybirthdayDined on 4/20/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. Everything was very wonderful. I will definitely be coming back. The dessert table was fabulous. The atmosphere was delightful. Everyone was just so nice and helpful. This will not be my last time visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go here almost every weekend.SauceDined on 3/29/2014We go here almost every weekend. This was the first time for dinner. Service much slower and was very loud. Will stick to lunch. Food better at lunch also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Surf and TurfDeborocksDined on 3/25/2014I've only been twice but this is becoming my favorite lunch spot because of the delicious Surf and Turf lunch special. Please check it out. I work downtown and this is a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always great from sandwichesSauceDined on 3/23/2014Food always great from sandwiches to there surf n turf lunch special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONTIKIDined on 3/7/2014FOOD WAS SO GOOD. BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH GOUDA GRITS THE BOMB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro-555SauceDined on 3/1/2014Great as always. Becoming the wife and I favorite place. Have been here for breakfast lunch and dinner in the last month and service is great,foods delicious and prices are fair. Also take greektown casino comps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite DisappointedETaliaferroDined on 2/28/2014I ordered a porterhouse steak with bake potato. The steak was full of fat and grissle.. The first bake potato was cold. The second was several days old. My wife's meal was equally as bad. The only thing I enjoyed was the glass of wine. The environment is dreary and the service was sub par at beast. I would not go back or recommend it to anyone
- Excellent place for a dinner dateCIscoGuruDined on 2/15/2014Ordered the Prime Rib and it was excellent, my fiancée ordered it as well and she loved it more than I did. My only gripe was that we had to order extra au jus, thought the prime rib would of been already sitting in au jus but it wasn't. But the waitress did go get us extra without hesitation. I will definitely make return trip to this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We came here for valentines day and was not aware that they only offer a set menu. The food was obviously all pre made since they would not allow our Caesar salads to have the dressing on the side. Our waiter barely communicated with us and was more concerned with getting his customers in and out. We had to ask for a wine list and the drinks were not up to par. The food was mediocre at best. Our waiter barely came to our table to see how we were doing. We ordered desert and received it 20 minutes later. It was my first time in Detroit and I left with a bitter attitude due to the awful customer service and terrible food.Special Features:
- Freindly locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014The wait staff are friendly and accommodating to your request and seem to work hard at pleasing customers. The food was delivered in a timely fashion and was very appealing on the plate. The specials are priced right, as well as the wine. Finally the 2 couples I Took were happy with restaurant for lunch prior to the event we attended and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone attending events at Joe Louis or Cobo hall . It's a great place to take customers for meeting, because the noise level is very low and you can actually hear peoples conversations . One more thing, parking is in the same building, so you minimize the time on the street looking to park or walk in bad weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyjodilDined on 2/8/2014Unbeievable buffet and so many options. Well worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/28/2014Place was empty and seemed like the service was empty as well. Took forever to get drinks and the food was subpar. Can't see myself going back anytime soon. Will look to Brizola next time I visit Greektown.
- ServicePaddyDined on 1/28/2014Service was slow been 2x portion seemed smaller 2nd time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceIAmAFoodieDined on 1/3/2014This is a really nice place. The only complaint I had was when I went, I had the Prime Rib and when I got it, it wasn't hot at all. I'm not a fan of cold meat. The seasoning was nice though as well as the Cajun Chicken Penne that my girlfriend ordered. Lastly, I like the ambiance and appearance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supriselovefoodDined on 12/31/2013Did not realize dinner would be a buffet. Food was fine, well prepared some items had been heated a bit to long. Empty vessels were not immediately refilled. service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Service was excellent however, the good was better the 1st experience time. The good was subpar for the cost of the meal. I won't be going back. It was disappointing.
- Great!Familylady1Dined on 12/31/2013My husband kids and I had a a nice experience. A little expensive but worth the quality time. Live music was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blast had by allBluesCrewsDined on 12/19/2013I received cudos for my choice of restaurants, the ease of making an appointment to accommodate our group of 8, the service, food, specials available and the time had by all. We will be back again and tell the rest of the Blues about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not that great..MCC1988Dined on 11/28/2013Food was not that great.. Mine was actually burnt and couldn't cut the chicken. They gave me a discount but still wasn't worth the money! Won't return there for dinner.
- Thanksgiving and it's challengesOut2lunchDined on 11/28/2013Was at Bistro 555 with a very elderly Aunt. The staff delivered on my request to be seated near the entry perfectly. Dinner was good, though it was inconsistent between the three turkey dinners that were ordered for our table. My Brother's plate came as it was planned; my Aunt's was a tad short on gravy; mine was totally missing gravy with exception for on the turkey slices. I'm not sure how that happens when all dinners are prepared and sent out for the same table. In any event, our Server and Hostess were top-notch. Salad was terriffic! Love those assorted greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetc123VIPDined on 11/16/2013I enjoyed my entire dinner from beginning to end. Delicious food and excellent drinks. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service419ChadDined on 11/16/2013First off the service is outstanding, wait staff was very prompt. Food was generous in portion, good but I personally do not feel this is a one of a kind food experience. Overall I would return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "POP"s 80th Birthday CelebrationDining44Dined on 11/9/2013Felecia was a fabulous waitress and brought out the beverages, appetizers and lighted "birthday" cakes timely!! The Restaurant hostess on Saturday, November 11th was very awesome and made the evening inviting. The ambience was fabulous and it was nice to see the crew available to assist us when needed. Could not have requested a better evening. "Pops" enjoyed himself immensely. Thank you for a fabulous celebration evening!! Shondale & Lungen Howard, Atlanta, Georgia visitors...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionnite4twoDined on 10/19/2013It was sweetest day, 2013; our 22 year engagement anniversary. The night was to be special and it was with the help of management and the staff. After a small reservasion error we were quickly accomidated and seated. The resturant was clean and our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable - able to answer any questions we had. The food, wine, and service was fantastic. We would highly recommend Bistro 555 to our friends and family for a dining experience to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2013no time between appetizers and main course . Overall the food/service was excellent ,the only reason I did not give 5 star , my prime rib including twice baked potato/asparagus was warm at best . In fact the plate was cold also. Hot food should be served on a hot plate. this may be the reason the main course came so quickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really?? How much are the drinks?TeanishaDined on 8/25/2013There was a discrepancy on our bill for the drinks. There were 4 Sangrias; we were billed 2 @$8 and 2 @$9. Our waitress told us we actually got a deal because they all should've been $9. We didn't think that was an appropriate statement. We thought the bill should have reflected the same price for the same drinks...just didn't seem fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the classy roominessCassDined on 7/13/2013I like the classy roominess of the room,comfortable seating,low noise level. Very warm" welcome to Bistro " from greeter. Service was good and down to earth non stuffy attitude. Food was great had the seafood linguini and burgers. Great experience we will be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!ChrikkiDined on 7/5/2013Food was delicious from the rolls to the main course. First time there and really enjoyed it. No wait. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBradDined on 5/23/2013For my mother's birthday we went to the Greektown Casino, and met 4 more people at 555 for dinner. The place is beautiful, set above the great Hotel lobby. The food is solid, but not special, about the quality of a chain restaurant. It is not a chain restaurant. The bill came to about $30 per person. Again, the food is not bad, just not special. The service was very slow. Our waiter seemed disinterested, and would disappear for long periods of time. I would expect better service for the price/ambiance. Finally, I was disappointed that at the end of the meal, there was no little dessert or something for Mom. I noted her birthday on the reservation, but nothing special was done for her. I guess I have been spoiled by other restaurants.Special Features:
- very niceluvit9Dined on 5/10/2013Our time was wondeeful.from the moment we waked in.would recommend it to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service from Abdul was great-Lexibug98Dined on 4/30/2013Service from Abdul was great- Salad Bar was fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The casino area took awayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The casino area took away from the experience but once you walk into the restaurant area it was nice. Friendly staff and great food. My wife was happy with me and her meal.