44 Main Street
Northport, NY 11768Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro44.net/
- Phone: 6312629744x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Woodbine Avenue
- Public Transit: Public bus stop located in short walking distance.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two municipal parking lots overlooking Northport Harbor. Metered street side parking is also available. A public village dock is also available for boaters and is within walking distance.
A word from Bistro 44
Nestled in the town of Northport, this welcome addition to the reawakening scene offers fresh, well-prepared New American fare in a warm setting with a delightful patio. The location makes it perfect for pre-theater dinners or paired with a Main Street stroll.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 44 reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (24)romantic (23)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (11)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service was great!! However, the restaurant was extremely crowded at 6pm. Very noisy, which would have been acceptable, BUT, the temperature in the place must have been 85 degrees and NOT pleasant for dining
- Great for theaterDinerDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable and took care to get us our food in a timely manner so we could get to the theater.Special Features:
- First Time!JeanineVIPDined on 10/13/2014This was our first visit to Bistro 44 and it definitely won't be our last. We decided to try them out during Huntington Restaurant Week and it certainly was a good choice. The service was very good. Our server was very attentive and made some excellent recommendations. The food was delicious. The only suggestion I would have is for a slightly larger appetizer size (but that may have been due to it being Restaurant Week). My spinach and lobster ravioli was very tasty with big chunks of lobster! My husband was very impressed with both the portion and tenderness of his skirt steak. The apple tart for dessert was very light and oh so delish!! Can't wait to return and bring some friends with us!Special Features:
- just goodET18Dined on 10/2/2014I think this could be (and sometimes has been) a very good restaurant but our experience was more "meh" than "wow." Example was an appetizer of baked clams on the prix fix ($32 not cheap)...3 tiny little things that were so small it was a wonder that "clam" was actually mentioned. Our server indicated that the usual portion...not prix fix...would have 5. Even 5 of these babies would leave one wondering. The entrees of lobster/spinach ravioli and hanger steak were very good. The dessert of chocolate and cigar was tasty. Wine should include some bottles for under $40 considering the relative value of the wines. There's lots of competition in and around Northport. I suggest checking that out. Try a great hamburger at Main St cafe.
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Picked this randomly and was more than satisfied with the food/service. I would however be careful about being on Main St next year during the Cow Harbor Weekend - parking was a bit rough. I will come back. Get the Chocolate Cigar desert.Special Features:
- One of Northports best.OpeneaterDined on 9/4/2014Overall best in town when you consider all factors including price. Appetizers, entres are excellent. The Specials were really special. Desert cheese cake was a bit dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 8/29/2014Still never have had a bad experience at the Bistro! It is our go-to place for special times and everyday.Special Features:
- Lovely for lunchKiniVIPDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed a lovely al fresco lunch on the patio. I had the butternut squash salad and my husband had lobster blt which were well prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely all aroundElegant61VIPDined on 8/28/2014It was a gorgeous nite to be sitting outside in their back patio. Had a wonderful and accomodating waiter w/everything. Sancerre wine was perfect for a summer meal. We shared an appetizer, two entrees and one dessert. The plates, except dessert were split in the back. This was a nice perk, since most of the time restaurants can't be bothered. One of our dishes was altered from the menu and was outstanding. Always look forward to our next time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceelent if you like to eatpauly34Dined on 8/19/2014Other than the initial bread being kinda stale the appetizers, main course and dessert were fantastic. We all go to Golds Gym and like a healthy option (hate those folks when you go out) and it had everything. The short ribs were ridiculous in taste. Compliments to the Chef !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Saturday dininghappytobeeatingoutDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful night out in Northport. Had dinner in the ivy covered courtyard. Great food and service. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 8/16/2014Fabulous outdoor dining area. We felt like we were on a Parisian street, with ivy covered high walls that led to a residential alley. Lovely! Skirt steak was delicious and the pork oso buco was awesome. We look forward to going back and experiencing dining inside, which was very inviting with dark, rich woods.Special Features:
- nice neighborhood placeblondemamaVIPDined on 8/14/2014It had been a number of years since I last dined at this restaurant. It was very lovely. Sat out on the back patio and had a lovely and relaxing lunch. Would be a place I would try again and it is very close to home.Special Features:
- Excellentalexkate429VIPDined on 8/10/2014We took a chance on this restaurant and we're glad that we did. We'll be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service were fantasticFoodie1009Dined on 8/9/2014The outdoor patio is a great, cozy spot. We ordered two appetizers, one wasn't to our liking and the waiter removed it from our bill. The Lobster Risotto was packed with delicious, fresh hand-picked lobster. The bone-in veal Parmesan was tremendous and delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Dining experiencedrfoodieDined on 8/7/2014We were seated on the patio outside in a nice ,cool shaded area. The waiter was very attentive and pleasant. We had lunch here before and the service was also excellent. The food was great. I had the lobster and spinach ravioli. The ravioli was actually with spinach topped with lobster pieces. my husband had lamb, my son had the skirt steak and my daughter had chicken. We were all satisfied with our choices. They have a prix fixe lunch and dinner specials and the prices are reasonable. This will be our place for dinner or lunch every time we go to the nearby John Engleman Theater. We would go more often but we live 40 minutes away.Special Features:
- Lovely place, nice ambianceCathyCDined on 8/2/2014We went to Bistro 44 as it was near The John Engeman theatre. The place is very cozy. We were seated in the front small section with a window seat, very nice. I am gluten free and they were able to accomodate me. Food was great, service was good.Special Features:
- great dinnermeryl57Dined on 8/1/2014We have been here many times and always have a great meal. They use to give cotton candy at the end of the meal, but our last few trips there they haven't done it. It was such a cute novel idea even if was never eaten. Love this place for its quaint booths and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014We had a great night sitting outside and enjoying the food and peacefulness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected More for the MoneyMissElizaDined on 7/29/2014I've been to Bistro 44 many times and have always been satisfied. The food is always delicious, the service is always good, and the prices are always a bit pricey. Granted, dining in Northport this should be expected. Northport is a quaint town with prices that match. I wasn't blown away by the main dish I received and at $27 for the plate I expected more. I will probably go back and choose something else but the prices didn't seem to match my level of satisfaction.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014We ate here for the first time and enjoyed it. The service was good and so was the food.Special Features:
- kimOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014I went to Bistro 44 for brunch and had the french toast with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. OMG, delicious!! I returned to Bistro 44 for dinner with friends. The bartender was very friendly and was our waiter as well when we sat down to eat. I had the apple pork chop. It was outstanding. For dessert I had the lemon raspberry cake with vanilla ice cream, delectable! I thought the restaurant was very nicely decorated and clean. I would definitely recommend bistro 44 to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in lovebeanDined on 7/13/2014Everything was delicious. Third time here and can't get enough. Skirt steak, lobster risotto, short ribs...heaven. calamari and baked clams, yum. You have to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistrogreatbeforeshow11Dined on 7/10/2014Food very good... service excellent... pricey... so bring ur wallet !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kramedamesDined on 7/7/2014I booked a reservation for a dinner for 4 friends on a Monday night. We received wonderful service and everyone enjoyed the food they ordered. I thought the chicken Milanese was unusually good and I order that relatively frequently elsewhere and it stood out here. I can't say whether we would have gotten as much attention if it was a busier night, but somehow you got the feeling that you would be treated well regardless of the night and crowd. One of the women in our group who lives quite a distance away in Nassau County said she planned to take her family back to Northport to try Bistro44. I plan to go back in the near future and have already recommended to others that they try Bistro 44.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningEat4pleasureDined on 7/6/2014We have visited this restaurant regularly for about 5 years. Our first experience there was an afternoon lunch outdoors. I remember when they were putting up their web page a few years back and while we were seated outside, the photographer asked if it was alright if they posted our photo online and they did. Some people I've recommended have stated that it's a little pricey for the portions that are served. I myself think that the prices are fair for the quality of the food. We have eaten in other area restaurants and Bistro 44 is the only one that we've returned to. It's always a pleasant experience and you are never rushed through your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bistroJurazVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent . I had braised short ribs with mash potatoes . My husband had salmon and enjoyed it as well. Nothing but praise. We enjoyed our meal . Our waiter was very courteous. We willvisit again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Food was good and service was good but there was nothing exceptional. Service not very attentive and sometimes slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northport GemOBGemVIPDined on 7/5/2014First time at Bistro 44 found the food to be above average and service very accomodating. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichelleVIPDined on 7/5/2014Outdoor patio was lovely. Food and service are good too.Special Features:
- Great outdoor patio!!KLO1013VIPDined on 7/1/2014This was my 2nd time here, and we asked to be seated outside. What a nice surprise!! Hidden in the back is an oasis surrounded by 3 walls of ivy. A hidden gem! We started with the lemon dusted calamari, which was nice, tender and delicious, though I didn't really taste the lemon. It was served with fresh lemon slices, which we squeezed on top. I had the sesame seared tuna over creamy mashed potatoes, and a side of bok choy. It was done just right, and I ate every bite. My friend had the cioppino, which was stocked with shrimp, mussels, clams and 1/2 a lobster in a shallow dish that was just filled to the edge with a flavorful broth. We enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere out back, and every bite of our meal, and left extremely happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceLvJvVIPDined on 6/29/2014The service was very slow, took 20 minutes to get a drink. They have the smallest bread basket 4 tiny pieces of stale bread for 4 people.Special Features:
- Lobster with spinach ravioli!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Sailed to Northport, which we had not done in a few years, and many restaurants had picked up a notch in the cute town. We dined at Bistro 44 and had a great food experience, much better than we expected. We eat out a lot, all over the world, and the lobster with spinach ravioli was really out of this world good, as well as all other dishes we had. Our waiter Jeff was very friendly, and knowledgeable about all on the meny. Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio DiningFromo4Dined on 6/28/2014Although we initially preferred to sit inside, as it was a very warm day, we were told that only outdoor seating was available. We had no choice. However, we were ushered into an enclosed enclave that was quite appealing and noticeably cooler than the temperature we felt out on Main Street. Couple that with an excellent menu and quality food preparation and you have a hearty recommendation. We will definitely return when in the area.Special Features:
- The following 230 reviews are from the Bistro 44 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2014Thanks Jeremy,,,, we had a great night..... food was amazing..Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceLauraVIPDined on 6/21/2014Every aspect of our experience was good. The presentation, the attention to details, the freshness of the clams, seafood in the cioppino, ahi, greens the food quality itself were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the gardenDallasDinerDined on 6/21/2014Garden with ivy all over the walls is relaxing with a European feel. Prix fixe lunch before Engemann Theater was terrific. Wonderful lobster & spinach ravioli and lobster chunks were succulent. Gruner Veltliner wine was perfect accompaniment. Other guests loved their meals, but baked clams were too breaded. Chocolate cigar dessert on prix fixe menu was for 2. Waiter said for just one person they would have to charge more since it's a detailed dessert to make. 2 of us had Prix Fixe lunches and split the dessert. Comes in a cigar ashtray with custard/creme brulee type base & a cigar shaped chocolate ganache on top. Very clever and yummy. Enough for 2 to split. Loved the afternoon there with friends; not rushed at all. Great place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014it was my wife and my 23 anniversary needless to say I wanted it to be a night to remember.. good friends of ours from Huntington yacht club recommended we try bistro 44 and boy were they right.... food was terrific, we had the best service we have had in some time,, really a great night
- night for the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/18/2014We were a group of 4 ladies out for a night on the town and Bistro 44 did not disappoint.... we started off with the lemon dusted calamari,, it was outstanding,, we then moved on splitting 2 salads between us and there was plenty to go around. moving on to the main course I had the kobe burger< I must add that it was the best burger I've ever had... finishing off dinner there was no room left for desert. Then this charming young man ( I think he said his name was Kevin) came by our table asking how everything was, we told him how great of a night it was,, his response was to buy us a round of drinks,, perfect ending to a perfect night.. thanks bistroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014A quiet night in the restaurant. The decor was beautiful, but the service was truly lacking. We were seated promptly and given menus, but then thirty minutes passed before our orders were taken. They gave us a little bread after that and then we waited quite a while longer for the appetitizers, which were very good (two out of three came, with the third coming afterwards.) The main dishes were OK to good. We moved inside from the outside patio because of the gnats (obviously not the restaurant's fault) but then another wait ensued. We called off dessert, and went next door for ice cream.