3939 Ocean Bluff Ave
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro39sandiego.com/
- Phone: 8587209500
- Hours of Operation:
M-F 6:30 a.m. - 10 a.m., 11a.m.-2p.m., 4p.m.- 10p.m; Sat-Sun 7 a.m - 11 a.m., 4 p.m-9 p.m Saturday & Sunday: 7:00AM - 11:00AM Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Larry DiFolco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fine and Casual Catering options are available to fit the style of your gathering. Please call 858-720-9500 for more details. Or visit http://www.bistro39sandiego.com/ny-garden-deli-cafe/ for the casual catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: The Bistro 39 ball room is perfect for gatherings of 30-150 people. Choose from the regular Bistro 39 menu, or from our special catering menu.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Cluney 8587209500x539
- Entertainment: Come to Bistro 39 for happy hour daily from 4 pm. Food & drink specials.
- Special Events: Ballroom available,
A word from Bistro 39
At Bistro 39 you will find a savory selection of bistro classics with a California twist. We use the freshest ingredients, locally grown to bring you fantastic flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 39 reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great FindFoodmanVIPDined on 6/6/2014You absolutely would not believe the restaurant in a suburban motel could be a comfort food gourmet treat but this place is. Need comfort food try the short rib sandwich. Gourmet? Order the halibut. Trust me. You will not believe this place. Everyone I take here loves it. Maybe I have strange friend but maybe I am right.Special Features:
- Unique and yummy!cliffhangerDined on 5/17/2014Don't let the strange ambiance of a hotel lobby fool you -- this place exceeds the normal hotel restaurant with cool spins on very good dishes. Food was excellent, better than expected. And the bread service was a great way to start - warm, artistic, with flair! Nicely done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was hard to find reasonable,wandererDined on 12/25/2013It was hard to find reasonable, nice restaurants open in San Diego for Xmas dinner so we picked Bistro 39 based on reviews. Dinner was good but not outstanding with the exception of the oil and vinegar art work for the bread which is apparently a highlight for the restaurant. Our salmon was a little dry and the key lime pie was more like a tart but overall a good experience. The dining room is situated right off the lobby and is open to it which is a little strange. Would have been more intimate if the room was enclosed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually good small hotel foodLovesExploring60Dined on 12/25/2013This bistro is tucked inside a Hilton Garden Inn - not where you'd expect to find exceptional food. Because it sits right in the hotel lobby, I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic evening - unless you were staying at the hotel and wanted to be able to toddle right back to your snug room. The food was well prepared and presented. Very fresh ingredients, generous portions. We picked it because it was one of the few places open on Christmas Eve. There was only one waiter - who was kept pretty busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Neighborhood RestaurantsunnysdgalDined on 11/26/2013What a pleasant surprise to discover this restaurant in the Hilton Garden Inn/Del Mar. We all enjoyed our dinners which included a pan fried pistachio chicken breast in a blueberry wine reduction, portobello wellington, penne pasta in alfredo sauce and a seared salmon salad, all of which were very good. The menu included sandwiches, salads and pizza. This bistro is good for a fine dining experience as well as for a casual meal. We are coming back for the prime rib special in December! Service was prompt and pleasant and the wine prices were very reasonable. While we had dinner, the bar was packed..... looked like a good happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfastwifechickVIPDined on 6/16/2013Breakfast was much better than dinner. Glad we tried againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodWontonVIPDined on 5/25/2013Food was great ambiance was lacking. Wine prices by the bottle was worth the price.
- You should advise customersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013You should advise customers that Bistro 39 is in a hotel. We ate in the lobby, not in a dining room. The staff, on the other hand, was excellent.
- Surprised to find this inweeklydinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013Surprised to find this in a Hotel Lobby on a carpeted area across from the front desk. Not noisy, just slightly odd. However he food and wine were quite god and the service staff were very pleasant and friendly. Had a good time.
- Me and my wife went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Me and my wife went there on 2/14/13 and had a very nice time. The little reservation sign was cool and things just got better while we were there. the service was great, the food was great. We had a positively memorable time there. There will be a next time. the only thing I will do different is add my wife's name to the reservation.Special Features:
- Food was decent but atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/15/2013Food was decent but atmosphere not anything like photo on open table. Very bright and unappealing for dinner maybe because it is near the reception desk of the hotel. Small bar is the only dim lit area of restaurant.
- This restaurant is attachednightoutDined on 6/27/2012This restaurant is attached to the Hilton Garden which is not noted in the Open Table listing which made it difficult to locate. Don't let that deter you from this place. The food was very good and the atmosphere is relaxed and not fancy.Special Features:
- We dined at Bistro 39 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We dined at Bistro 39 for Easter brunch. Parking was easy and close and upon entering, the hotel had a lovely open feeling. To the left was the bristro with only about 10 or so tables, making it a very intimate dining experience. Soft piped-in music added to the calm, relaxed atmosphere. For brunch, you could order hot breakfast items from the kitchen/grill or help yourself to the entrees of ham, almond chicken, asparagus & brie quiche, butternut squash lasagna,potatoes, grilled asparagus, along with fresh fruit, spring greens, breakfast pastries, and beverages of iced tea, orange juice, or a mimosa. Dessert was also self-serve with choices of carrot cake, chocolate cake or eclairs. Everything was delicious; staff was friendly & helpful.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012Ok, it was Easter brunch... so I kind of expected more. The food was ok, mostly warmed up stuff on in the pan. The omelet's were good, as the eggs Benedict. Bacon was lame and overall just not worth $25 a person.Special Features:
- Food was ordinary and underOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/26/2012Food was ordinary and under seasoned. Only one waitress for all tables so service was slow and no one came to check on us. It is an ordinary hotel restaurant with nothing special about it
- Had a very nice dinner andEllaVIPDined on 2/26/2012Had a very nice dinner and service. The only surprise was that it is located inside the Hilton Garden Inn.Special Features:
- My turn to plan Valentine'sNanaDined on 2/14/2012My turn to plan Valentine's Day dinner. Chose it for the price and the menu. Surprised to find it was in the Hilton Garden. It met or exceeded all expectations. Food was very good. The recommended wine was great. It was a small area, but for the most part quiet. Didn't feel crowded or hurried. Our waiter, Daniel, was great. It was a lovely evening, and we both decided we would go back sometime to try their regular menu.Special Features:
- Turkey dinner came cold. (atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2011Turkey dinner came cold. (at the time there were only 2 other tables occ. Once we got the food there was sooooo much sage that we couldn't eat it. My husband got steak, which he loved. Although it was thanksgiving I guess I should have ordered off menu.
- Delusions of grandeurOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2011I should have studied the website more carefully when making the--admittedly late--reservation for Valentine's Day. This "restaurant" is a small area off the lobby of a lower-tier hote, the Hilton Garden. The Valentine's Day special menu had sounded appealing, but the food was sub-par, the presentation awkward, and "wine pairings" silly. As to the latter, all were serve--without intriduction--in commercial grade goblets--from the sparkler served with the first course to the dessert wine.
- Un unexpected find. Very lovelyrhermerDined on 12/25/2010Un unexpected find. Very lovely time was had by all. Service staff very friendly. Will definitelt return.Special Features:
- Place was closed when we showedJImmyVIPDined on 11/20/2010Place was closed when we showed up for our reservation