226 F Street
Davis, CA 95618Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bistro33.com/
- Phone: 5307564556
- Hours of Operation:
Sun: 9am - 10pm Mon - Wed: 11:30am - 10pm Thurs - Fri: 11:30am - 12am Sat: 9am - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Fred Haines
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Heber (530)756-4556
- Entertainment: PUB QUIZ:Every Monday Starting @ 8:30 COMEDY:Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday Starting @ 8:30 POETRY Night:Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday Starting @ 9pm Mojito Night:Every Thursday Starting @ 8:30
- Special Events: PUB QUIZ:Every Monday Starting @ 8:30 COMEDY:Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday Starting @ 8:30 POETRY Night:Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday Starting @ 9pm Mojito Night:Every Thursday Starting @ 8:30
A word from Bistro 33
Truly a destination for everyone, Bistro 33 Davis is a cultural and community center that infuses exquisite Pacific Northwest-inspired cuisine with a sense of history. Our delicate remodel of the Historic City Hall building in downtown Davis allows us to provide Chef Fred’s award-winning fare in a variety of settings. Enjoy our famous panini on the gorgeous three-tiered patio or a wood-fired pizza in the full-service bar, or relax with a nice Oregon Pinot Noir next to the “burning rock” fireplace. Bistro 33 Davis, however, is not only a restaurant. The Historic City Hall building has also been renovated into a state-of-the-art event center that can be used for birthday parties, small conferences, mid-sized cocktail parties and dinners, even wedding ceremonies with several hundreds of people!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 33 reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Did not have this reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014I made a reservation through Open Table but when we got to the restaurant they did not have the reservation and said they do not use Open Table any longer. So, do not use this service to make a reservation at Bistro 33!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must - If In Davis.NMS53Dined on 6/20/2014We had an eight pm reservation and were seated promptly upon arrival. We were seated outside near the front entrance. Weather was perfect and they had live music which was loud enough to hear and enjoy, but we were still able to talk comfortably at the table. The tomato soup is a must-probably the best I have had, and the salmon dinner was very good. It came with rice, which had cilantro and other spices,very tasty, and broccolini which as also very good. Other standouts at the table...the Pikes Market panini and the Banh-Mi Style sandwich. Long Island ice tea was also very good. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experience at BistroanonymousVIPDined on 6/16/2014The outdoor seating area at Bistro 33 is excellent for lunch or dinner when weather permits. The indoor ambience is a little dark and dated for my taste. Service is good. The food is good and reasonably priced. Bistro is a solid choice.Special Features:
- Great setting, awful foodNemkaDined on 6/12/2014The patio here is so lovely, probably the best in Davis, which is why it is so particularly disappointing that the food is so terrible. I ordered a simple salad and it was barely edible - too much dressing, ingredients not fresh, and, the worst part: there was a black hair on it. Revolting. The service was also mediocre: the waiter was fond of juvenile tag lines like "Is everything delicious over here?" I have been here before and had better food, so perhaps the chef was just having a bad day, but this salad cost $10 and it was horrible. I wish Davis would finally have some adult dining options, with consistently good food and service, but I've lived here for 5 years and am still looking. In the meantime, avoid Bistro 33.Special Features:
- Simply terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/2/2014Dirty cloth napkins, chicken breast on the burger was small-hidden in a large bun, small amount of fries cooked in old oil. I was disappointed to say the least. Happy to see the college have lots of money to pay for food like that.
- The following 157 reviews are from the Bistro 33 reviews archive.
- BIstro 33- Try it - you'll love it!BZgolferDined on 5/21/2014I love Bistro 33 and eat there regularly. It was my friend's birthday - We sat on the patio and it was lovely evening! Love the new furniture around the fire pit. We had a great server (sorry! forgot her name but not her good service). She brought the BD girl a lovely birthday dessert that we shared. I love your Chop Chop Salad!Special Features:
- Not what it used to be..LLDeweDined on 5/8/2014Bistro 33 used to be my daughter and my favorite lunch spot, great food and service. This time it was only average with the menu change and price increase making it much less desirable. We'll be finding a new spot...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Overpriced for mediocre quality food. Portions were half of comparable places in town.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/7/2014We have been here many times and have not been disappointed at any time. Their hours of operation have often fit the flexible times that we have needed.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch!Foodie1234Dined on 3/30/2014Nice array of fruits and baked items at the bar (unlimited). Good choice of breakfast entrees and nice presentation. Unlimited mimosa's were delicious! All for $16.95. Worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehTerriDined on 3/28/2014Nice ambiance. Very attentive service. Let us hang while the 3rd couple arrived aboutv45 minutes late. Only thing lacking was food quality. Meatball appetizers seemed to have spiciness to disguise dull flavor. Same for tagliatelle bolognese. Sweet potato fries a hit. Lobster ravioli with scampi had no trace of scampi. Dish was sweet when a savory red sauce with garlic and basil would have been better.Special Features:
- We were searching for a newHollyDined on 3/28/2014We were searching for a new place to stop en route from Grass Valley to East Bay..what a find! We ordered too much because the portions were generous , next time we'll make dinner on a selection of appetizers. Definitely get the tuna appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014The food was terrific, as was the service. There were five of us in our party, and it was a perfect location for catching up with old friends.Special Features:
- terribletable42VIPDined on 3/15/2014After being seated no one ever showed up to the table for 10 minutes---- we left without eating.
- AccommodatingPaula52Dined on 3/15/2014Had to increase our reservation by two and the staff was very nice about it, no problem. Beautiful night on the patio with family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have visited Bistro 33OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/2/2014We have visited Bistro 33 many times over several years. The menu has varied over time but has always remained very good and well prepared. The service has veried but generally been very good. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Will go againBeckyDined on 2/23/2014Love 33rd St bistro in Sacramento so tried the Davis one. Same great food but a much larger place. Great decor, love the outdoor space. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pre-Mondavi dinnernortherncaliforniapoetDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I live 1/5 hours from Davis so when we go to an event at the Mondavi Center we always have to eat first someplace in Davis. Bistro 33 is our hands down choice for our pre-event meal. And this time we returned after the show for dessert and coffee to fortify us for the late night drive home. The food is consistently excellent. My husband's favorite is the fish & chips. The wait staff is very accomodating when we tell them we're on a tight time schedule and have to make it over to the Mondavi (only 5 or so minutes away). The restaurant's noise level is "energetic" especially late at night but again there are quieter places towards the back of the restaurant and all you have to do is ask. A great place to eat!Special Features:
- Service is always a disappointmentIMIMDined on 2/20/2014I rarely go to Bistro because the service has ALWAYS been bad.
- Nice place to meet friendsiowachildDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed dinner with out of town friends. There was something on the menu that met everyone's needs. The service was good, it was quiet enough that we could talk easily and we were not rushed. I had the crab cakes and a side salad. The salad was excellent. The presentation of the crab cakes was excellent with two sauces covering the plate. However, one of the sauces with cayenne was a little spicier than I would have liked. I thought the sauce overwhelmed the crab cakes. I used very little of that sauce and more of the tomato sauce. I would definitely come back here. I would enjoy sitting outside by the firepit or on the patio having a glass of wine before dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten at Bistro 33OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/9/2014We have eaten at Bistro 33 several times. Each time it has been a very good experience. The food has been creative without being too "foodie". The service has been very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for Bistro 33TonyZoninDined on 2/7/2014Caught in a spectacular downpour en route from SF, we were a hour late for our reserved table - we called, they responded kindly and held our table. And the place was packed! Nice, warm ambience in a large space with a hopping bar. We had a time crunch (tickets for a show), and informed them. The service was smooth, smiling, and super-efficient & got us back on the road in perfect time. We had cocktails (marvelous) and a couple of the best panini I have ever savored - crunchy, delicious, fresh ingredients, accompanied by sweet potato tots. Nice touch. I recommend highly and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess seated us promptlyrangelDined on 1/5/2014The hostess seated us promptly but was too busy chatting up the bar patrons to let the waiter know he had a new table. Had to wave @ her to get service. This was after the surly busboy poured us water without even so much as a hello. . The food is fantastic so I know I will return but I feel the staff needs a little customer service education.Special Features:
- Beautiful use of old fire houseJonnyLikesVIPDined on 1/1/2014Charming inside and outside dining in old Davis Fire House. Friendly staff and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatBondibillDined on 12/18/2013Food always good and we like the outdoor eating that is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday celebration spotHolidayCelebratorDined on 12/11/2013Great spot for Holiday or graduation celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Bistro 33OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/8/2013We have been to Bistro 33 many times. The food has been very good every time. The service has been well above average also. There are a variety of options on the menu for a variety of tastes. All of the items that we have ordered have tasted good and were well prepared.Special Features:
- great for pre mondaviMooseManDined on 12/2/2013WE took our visiting father in law here for dinner before the pink martini concert at mondavi. the food was delivered timely and friendly service was the theme. the drinks were good and the bag of donuts outstanding.Special Features:
- We have eaten many times atOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/18/2013We have eaten many times at Bistro 33. The food has always been well prepared and tasty. The service has been very good most times. For good food and variety on the menu, we would recommend this restaurant in Davis.Special Features:
- Good Pre-Show SpotSassyDined on 10/12/2013We had tickets for a show at Mondavi and Bistro33 is ideal for dinner before the show. The food was good and the service was exemplary. We even got great directions to the theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always just right - no surprises.JoelDined on 10/10/2013Whenever we go to Bistro 33, whether for dinner, drinks or dessert, everything is just rght. The servers are attentive without "hovering", the food is always well-prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten at Bistro 33OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/30/2013We have eaten at Bistro 33 several times. The food has consistently been very good. The service has usually been very good also. This last time the service seemed to be very slow. It looked like the place was understaffed on a Monday night. We would still highly recommend the food and the service.Special Features:
- The food has gone down hill,TraceyDined on 9/29/2013The food has gone down hill, it used to be much better and I thought the portions were small for brunch.
- Really NiceTGrayckoDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I picked this restaurant out of the blue. We were pleasantly surprised as it was quiet inside with the patio outside playing live music. The tomato soup was delicious. However, the cheesy flat bread was not cut so tearing that apart was really messy! Service was good and the ambiance was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a new fav dining placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2013Bistro 33 in Davis has been one of my favorite "before event" dining spots, but this time I was very disappointed! After ordering, the wait for our meals was extremely long, as a result of the outdoor dining area being over-booked and the place understaffed. Our server was AWOL. This pushed my party up against the clock to get to our evening event on time, My vegetarian lasagna was OK, but somewhat "crusty", and the salad was over-dressed. Prior to this, I've thoroughly enjoyed the food and the place. I'll try a new place next time. Note: parking is always a challenge in downtown Davis.Special Features:
- never can pass up that awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/11/2013never can pass up that awesome sirloin sandwich and fries. The salads are really good and two cups of soup and share a sald is a good option for lunch for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in DavisJohnMartinVIPDined on 8/1/2013Had a great lunch in Davis with good friends! The clam chowder was he best I ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in Davis, CAPerplexedVIPDined on 7/27/2013Dined on the patio. Absolutely lovely. The lobster ravioli was wonderful, service excellent, cobbler divine. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date!KidsrusDined on 7/5/2013Good food, good cocktails, good dessert. Our servers were friendly, and professional. There was live music outdoors, and a nice atmosphere inside. I enjoy going on dates, as well as family diners here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initial greeting/seating wasHutchVIPDined on 6/13/2013Initial greeting/seating was disorganized and we had to wait (with a reservation) on a Thursday night at 6:30 pm. Our waiter was very pleasant, prompt and knowledgeable. Food was great, Banh-Mi in particular. If seated outside, be aware of the setting sun and any diners facing to the West.Special Features: