310 4th Street
Columbus, IN 47201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro310.com/
- Phone: 8124188212x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed on Sundays
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Maiani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering from small intimate parties to large weddings and business events. Appetizers and bar available. Buffet or plated options.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private area for 20 to 30 guests. The entire main dining area can be reserved for 50 to 70 guests, certain minimum is required. The entire restaurant can be reserved for 80 to 100 guests, certain minimum is required.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Bohall 8124188212x
- Entertainment: Local acoustic musicians ranging from Jazz to Irish
- Cross Street: Jackson St.
- Public Transit: Bistro 310 is located in downtown Columbus and is within walking distance of The Hotel Indigo and The Inn at Irwin Gardens
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is plenty of on street parking and public garage parking space. There is no charge for parking in the garage but there is a three hour minimum until 5:00 p.m.
A word from Bistro 310
One of Columbus, Indiana's favorite dining spots, Bistro 310 Restaurant and Pub features a seasonal menu that showcases wonderful dishes from our state of the art kitchen. Enjoy a truly unique atmosphere and good food in comfortable surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistro 310 - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Bistro 310 reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A Columbus GemSD5901Dined on 9/5/2014Columbus has come a long way since I moved 20 years ago. It's so nice to see the downtown area resurrected with so many great restaurants and Bistro 310 is at the top. Excellent food and excellent service. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summer MenuGraysonDad1VIPDined on 8/28/2014The new menu featured some late summer favorites highlighting local meats and vegetables. As always, salads were fresh and bright. The pork offering was excellent, and the accompanying basmati rice was light and tasty. Lemon squares and the red velvet cheesecake desserts were both outstanding and completed a pleasant meal. Phil, our waiter, was attentive and competent as usual.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing!mmmemphisDined on 8/1/2014We were out of town guests from Mississippi and had a very stressful day (family related). Having heard about Bistro 310 the last time we were in town, we decided to give it a try. The food was incredible and our server Rachel was divine. We sat outside because it was a cool night (unusual for August). It was the first time we'd been downtown since the area has been completely revitalized. What used to be a rather gloomy neighborhood is now bursting with restaurants and nightlife. We'll be back again next time we're in town!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The food was delicious and our waitress was friendly, helpful, and efficient. We had just the right amount of attention. We had a lovely time.Special Features:
- Incredible SeafoodSeafoodJunkieDined on 6/13/2014My wife had Salmon and I had Ahi Tuna. Not only was it cooked to perfection but it was absolutely fresh. I did not expect it to be this fresh in Indiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencekyvol98Dined on 5/24/2014Had dinner here on May 24 with friends I haven't seen in 20 years. The room was not filled when we arrived (6:30 PM) but groups soon arrived. Even then, it was a quiet, relaxed atmosphere for some great catching up. Our server was great, making sure any questions we had were answered by her or she went to get the answers. She had a great personality and made us feel very welcomed. One had the salmon, and she was extremely pleased with it. Another had the steak and with the empty plate, I must assume he enjoyed it. My wife, a vegetarian, had the vegetable plate and was thrilled with the selections she chose. I sampled the mushrooms and the sweet potato from her plate and it was delicious! I would highly recommend Bistro 310!Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Bistro 310 reviews archive.
- DisappointedKenFoodDined on 5/10/2014Was very excited about this upscale restaurant. Unfortunately the food really disappointed us. Steaks were full of fat. Lamb portion was miniscule, literally two bites worth after removing all the fat, and salmon was good but no better than Red Lobster. For the price (29 for the lamb!) the food should have been spectacular, but honestly I've had better at Golden Corral of all places.
- QUALITY RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The four of us had a good experience for supper at Bistro 310. The restaurant is clean and attractive. The food and menu are excellent and creative. The only negative is that the service was not as quick and proactive as possible, though very friendly. I was a waiter for many years, and working at The Hyatt you learn to be intense and constantly alert to provide the best service possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Bistro 310 is the highest quality food in Columbus. The only thing that I wasn't absolutely pleased with was that the menu was reduced for my date and me because it was prom night. The food was still fantastic but I wish I had had more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edible DelightcovyroseDined on 5/2/2014Imagine getting a fabulous salmon entree in the Midwest---rivaled fish on either coast---and you can understand the surprise/enthusiasm my friend and I have for Bistro 310 (in pure serendipity, we ordered the same entree). The combination of flavors, and perfectly prepared fish confirmed that the chef is a master. Entree was preceded by a small, wonderfully fresh, salad---often a reliable indicator of the meal to follow. Server very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great for BusinessCurmudgeonDined on 4/29/2014Good spot for a business dinner. Nice bar and good dining room. Food was excellent with some very good choices of appetizers (meat and cheese plate was outstanding). Was not impressed with the extent of the wine list, but the bottle we had was good. Service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Too many glitchesrecfoodDined on 4/29/2014Our very pleasant server suggested salads other than house salad but did not mention that there was an up charge for them. I ordered Jambalaya with an additional charge for mussels and prawns, but the "prawns" turned out to be 3 cocktail shrimp! In addition, the charge was $1 more than listed on the menu. The server reversed the upcharges for the salads but said the incorrect entree charge coulkd not be changed. Her explanation made no sense to us and she offered to return a dollar out of her own pocket. Overall the food was mediocre. Based on other reviews, we expected far better.
- JimmyDined on 4/16/2014First time visitor. Seated in bar, noisy. Doesn't hold a candle to Smith's Row down the street.
- Worth the tripDamwilkiDined on 3/22/2014My BF and I were over in Brown Co from Bloomington to hike and stay at Story Inn. We got there around 6:30 on a Sat and it was pretty quiet (spring break?). But our waitress was amazing. So personable, could explain all the specials. We ordered beer and wine, ate bread. Our meals came with salads. I had house salad which was above avg with shallot vinaigrette. BF got the ceasaer which was delicious. We both LOVED our entrees. BF ordered a crusted trout w/ veggies/potatoes. It was beautiful, delicious. Going way outside my norm, I ordered their rib-eye, medium. It was amazing! Served with brussel sprouts, little potatoes, etc. The plate over all was a bit salty. But, the meat was amazing! We will definitely return! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable DiningGraysonDad1VIPDined on 3/20/2014We have been to Bistro 310 several times and it is among our favorites. The food is modestly priced and the seasonal menu always presents some interesting options. The seafood was expertly prepared and the steak was perfectly cooked. Salads and side dishes were also fresh and tasty. Our waiter, Phil, provided outstanding service, ensuring prompt attention to our table. This local restaurant rivals its big-city neighbors and is one that is worth a try...and be sure to save room for one of the homemade desserts! . .Special Features:
- I'll be backWanderingBearDined on 3/19/2014The food that night was good but didn't blow me away. The service is excellent which makes a romantic dinner most enjoyable. I'll return for another crack at the menu, it looks promising. The bar was swinging on a Wednesday night, but didn't spill over into the dining room. The dining room was modern and somewhat sleek. I would have liked it to be more intimate with banquettes and room dividers. The wine list was small but competent. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceWandaKDined on 3/14/2014I ate here with my son and daughter for lunch while in Columbus. The restaurant wasn't very busy, so we were seated immediately. The staff was friendly and professional. The food came out quickly, and everything was delicious. The french fries were amazing! I would definitely go back, and highly recommend it for others.Special Features:
- Needed a spot to conduct aAluxInteriorDined on 3/11/2014Needed a spot to conduct a lunch meeting and Bistro 310 was perfect. Good food, Great service and professional look and feel. Do beware that the Parking garage above the restaurant makes it difficult for cell phone service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 8 for lunch, requestedLClarkDined on 3/11/2014Group of 8 for lunch, requested a specific table w/o issues. Great freiendly service w/good food and choices, fast service.. Would make reservations again. Clean atmosphere - greeted w/smile- calm and freindlySpecial Features:
- Favorite Special Occasion CuisinedaringdinerDined on 3/7/2014Great restaurant for special occasions. Great ambiance. The front seemed nice for casual dining as well, though we were there for a special occasion and wanted something more intimate, and we got it. Also, the fact that the good items are locally bought is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheriJSheriDined on 2/27/2014Food was good and service was good for a business dinner.
- Saturday night specialMontyDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed the experience from the start. Greeted at door, assisted with coats. Table not ready but a seat at the bar was fine. Bartender was very knowledgeable both in spirits and beers (I learned something new). Reservations for 7:00pm and we were at table well before. Table service was not strict, but instead warm and welcoming. Others pitched in to assist throughout. Staff seemed to work and communicate well together. We had to send a bottle of wine back - my fault - wrong choice. No hassle and back with a bottle that fit the order. Food was very good and the only reason I did not give 5* was the sauce with the scallops. Scallops were prepared nearly perfect, just didn't quite get the sauce. THANKS! WE'LL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day 6 Course DinnerLateNightDessertDined on 2/14/2014I took my special someone here for Valentine's Day and was awed by the quality and diversity of the dishes served as part of the 6 course meal! It was just the right amount of food and the wait staff made sure the next course was on our table the second we'd finished our last bite of the previous dish. I'd recommend this restaurant, and specifically for Valentine's day, to everyone looking for a romantic, foodie experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we gave it another shot!ColumbusGirlDined on 2/14/2014So pleased we chose bistro 310 again. The food and service was excellent. Can't wait to try it again now that we know they have a great new chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice date nite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014If you are looking for a good date night restaurant, this place would qualify. It is a little pricy but the food is very good. We have had the Pork Tenderloin and the Salmon and both are awesome. The flavors are paired very well. The deserts are also very good and very flavorful. Phil has been our server both times and he has been wonderful both times. A must do if you want a nice, upper scale place for dinner in the Columbus area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu is somewhat complicated.dchurchDined on 1/24/2014The menu is somewhat complicated. It's difficult to understand what some of the items really are. We had to ask our server to repeat and explain some things several times. The food presentation was excellent, however the food portions are relatively small--especially for most men. For the amount of food, the restaurant is overpriced. We were at a nice, round table in the back where we could sit and visit for a while after dinner, but it was very cool back there. We needed our coats on.Special Features:
- BistroMaz8Dined on 12/23/2013We booked this as a celebration dinner for our friends Silver Wedding. They chose the venue based on a dinner we had there a year ago. However, this time the service was very slow and the menu too specialized- one of our friends doesn't eat red meat or fish. There was no chicken entree and only one vegetarian option. We had to ask for the bar menu, and she celebrated her anniversary with a chicken sandwich- not quite what we hoped for. The food we ordered was good- though the steak was rare, not medium. We didn't send it back as it had taken a long time to arrive to start with. Disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysChickPeaDined on 12/14/2013Always enjoy Bistro 310. Yum! Vegan special was rather on the small side. Other than that, food and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother! Downhill trajectory!BretBeallDined on 12/13/2013I was excited to return to Bistro 310 on 12/13/13. I was seated at a high top in the bar area (hated it, but later learned there were party groups in back). First course: venison carpaccio ($15): unseasoned; needed [sea] salt; with "cheddar panna cotta" which had no flavor and no texture of panna cotta; slivered onions overwhelmed everything. Second course: Caesar salad ($2 upgrade with entree): dressing had to be homemade, as it had less flavor than bottled dressings! Parmesan tuile was tasty, but thick and clunky. Third course: duck two ways ($24): overcooked breast. Confit leg was insipid. Decided to take most home to repurpose; waitress didn't pack the duck leg bone, so lost meat and stock potential. Will never return.
- AMAZING ALL AROUND!!JODYDined on 12/7/2013This restaurant is AMAZING! We live in the Chicago area & travel frequently. We are always looking for new &exciting places to try on our stays. INCREDIBLE. We had the artichoke for an appetizer- AMAZING! I chose the beef entree of NY Strip steak- which was cooked to perfection-..My fiance had the duck with chutney- (of course I had to try it) it was also equally incredible. I could not pass updessert- so I decided on the Choc cake w/ ice cream! This cake was so wonderful. I have to say my family owns a bakery & this cakeexceeded my expectations. every bite I took I closed my eyes- This was an incredible meal, our server was very knowledable of the menu &the ingredients that the chef was preparing. We were treated wonderfully thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for our occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/2/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on a Tuesday evening and it suited us perfectly. We do not go out very often and we do not like large crowds or noisy places. There were several people in the restaurant but we did not feel crowded or rushed, and the noise level was great. The staff was great...very attentive and helpful but not hovering. The food was outstanding as well! It was a perfect place for our special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!ChickPeaDined on 11/18/2013Delicious food and great service. Love this place. Their outdoor dining is great if weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall Menu Hits the MarkGraysonDad1VIPDined on 11/14/2013The new menu featured some interesting choices including a pear and apple salad with arugula. It was finished with a Korean dragon sauce dressing that gave it some zip! The salmon and chicken entrees also utilized fall veggies. The roasted Brussel sprouts were especially tasty. Our waiter provided excellent service and great insights regarding the chef's menu. Everything arrived hot and the presentations were appealing. This is a great small town restaurant for those that enjoy fine food in a relaxed setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!SweetpeaVIPDined on 11/4/2013We live in Franklin and dine in Columbus often. This is one of our favorite spots to go to and prefer to eat in the bar. The bar seems cozier to us. You can choose from the bar menu or dining room menu. The food and service are always exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLenismciiDined on 11/2/2013If Columbus is your destination, or you’re just passing through, this is a wonderful dining place. We've been twice; both experiences were great. We shared a Korean Kimchi Mussels appetizer. Spicy, but not too hot. The kitchen split an Apple & Pear Salad for us. Crispy friut mixed with arugula, pork belly,& dragon sauce. Yummy! I had Boneless NY Strip with sautéed brussel sprouts & mushroom gnocchi. My last visit to Bistro 310 made me a lover of brussel sprouts. If you’re at Bistro 310, even if you do not like brussel sprouts, try them. My wife had seared scallops, with truffle & mushroom polenta. We finished with decafe coffee, which the server brewed fresh for us, and a piece of the Pumpkin New York cheesecake. Creamy and luscious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadFoodieDined on 10/19/2013My Mother is an exceptional cook, so when I saw Bistro310's web site I thought it would be a treat for her. The dinner salad was very tiny, and had almost no vegetables on it. It did however taste strongly of rosemary. Not something I enjoyed in this application. There was no ambiance as the room was the size of a cafeteria. While the waitress was very pleasant the atmosphere was that of a diner. Absolutely do not use Bistro 310 for a something special. I had the ahi tuna on the recommendation of the waitress. It was cooked properly, just had no taste and no wasabi was served with it. Another person in our party had the lemon chicken special. Baked chicken, dry baked chicken. She didn't even want to take the other piece home.
- We love Bistro 310 and haveJudySDined on 10/12/2013We love Bistro 310 and have eaten there many times with superb food and service. In Columbus, its the BEST!!!Special Features:
- Great food and servicemarkDined on 10/4/2013Went here with my girlfriend while on a business trip. Never been to Columbus, Indiana before and wasn't expecting too much (no offense). Was very surprised that this restaurant was every bit as good as one you'd experience in a bigger city with the plus side of entrees being more affordable. We ordered the broccolini tempura as an app, which was very good. I got the duck and she got the paella, which was a seasonal item. Both meals were very tasty, varied and BIG. I couldn't finish all of the veggie mix on my plate, which I left because I couldn't not eat the delicious duck. Our bill came to $80 for an appetizer, two beers each, and two big entrees. Very reasonable for the portions and quality. Would visit again if back in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bes in the nrighborhoodflowerchildVIPDined on 10/4/2013If you're traveling to Columbus, there are only a few good restaurants to choose from. Bistro 310 was worth a visit - the service was good, the bar is beautiful but the "Bistro" name was a little misleading. The steak frites was ok and the rest of the menu was more standard fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for pure enjoymentColumbusRegularDined on 9/25/2013Although the wine prices have gone up (on par with other 'better' restaurants), the new menu has brought in some outstanding new flavours & the dessert recommended by our excellent waiter was worth finding room for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.