Bistro 300 - Hyatt Regency Baltimore
300 Light St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 300 - Hyatt Regency Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://baltimore.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/Bistro300.html
- Phone: 4106052839
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 10:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lonnie Crowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Conveniently located in the Hyatt Regency Baltimore we have more than enough space to handle 1 to 2000 guests. Please contact us at 410.605.2839 for more information.
- Special Events: Celebrate your holidays with our family! Special events are always planned for Valentines Day, Easter Brunch, Mothers Day Brunch, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
A word from Bistro 300 - Hyatt Regency Baltimore
There's no denying the connection between Baltimore and crustaceans. Crabs, to be exact. Find a wide range of local delights - from Maryland crab soup to crab cake platters – coupled with distinctive dishes from around the world at our Inner Harbor restaurant in the heart of downtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 300 - Hyatt Regency Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Kim is the absolute best server. She remembers you when you visit and makes certain that your dining experience is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunchMyexperienceDined on 8/10/2014My family and friends have gathered here a few times. The atmosphere is open and relaxing and the buffet always hits the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!pespa1Dined on 8/5/2014We came here to enjoy Baltimore's Restaurant week for lunch. The food was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. One of the best meals I've had in a long time, partly due to the fact that the service was AMAZINGGG! Our waiter, Said, was truly the best. He went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed eating here. He was funny, kind, and provided great service. I will definitely be going back and asking to sit in Said's section. :)Special Features:
- Checked out for restaurant weekMdPantherDined on 8/4/2014Got lunch here during restaurant week, and started off with a really good crab cake appetizer. Cheeseburger was next, not overly flavorful, but cooked as ordered. The desert was skippable. Not crowded, so the conversation at the table was easy. Only real complaint is that the service was kind of slow given that they were not busy.Special Features:
- Bad experienceLololoDined on 8/3/2014I took my family for a birthday dinner and we were ignored for a good 15minures. And had to call a waiter to ask him if he can take out order! He was the only one who was working that night I guess because he was everywhere n confused. Food was terrible!
- very goodBistroreviewDined on 6/15/2014Very attentive to us. Would love more of s selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Bistro 300 - Hyatt Regency Baltimore reviews archive.
- SeaturselfB4thegameDined on 4/26/2014No hostess. Wait staff worked hard to cover up slow service. Food a bit pricey,but good not great . Very art gallery deco. Probably would be a good date night adventureSpecial Features:
- LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014A small party luncheon; service was quick, food was excellent, staff was tip-top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Best way to express my experience is hotel food. Read people review about the restaurant and was disappointed when arrive to location. You didn't need reservation, the waiter push the buffet instead of the menu option and the food was terrible. I will never go back to Bistro 300 ....Special Features:
- ColdjojoDined on 2/20/2014Not literally cold in temperature but in decor and ambiance. The crab cakes were good, the service staff very nice but all in all I found it uncomfortable and lacking in comfort.
- Delicious Bloody Mary'sfoodgurlDined on 2/20/2014The female bartender, preparing drinks at the bar mixed delicious bloody mary's! I would go back for another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/26/2014Really a disappointment, esp since I confused it with the fabulous Sunday brunch at the Marriott, which is hopefully reopening in March.
- never judge a book by its coverawickiDined on 1/7/2014There was alot of renovations going on so we were a bit turned off at first...... however, the food, service, ambiance was very good. We were pleasantly surprised.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch in BaltimoreABrownNJDined on 12/15/2013We enjoyed our meal here, though we did have to wait because there was a disconnect with the OpenTable reservation - it did not show on their computer, but I had the confirmation on my smartphone to show them. They did their best to accommodate our group of 6. Food was very good - some had the buffet and others ordered off the menu to try the special Crab and Asparagus omelet - yum! Our server, Penny, was very attentive and anticipated our needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice find in inner harborMillieDTDined on 12/14/2013I stopped in for dinner -didn't expect very much from hotel dining experience but was pleasantly surprised! Great food and excellent service! We'll definitely go back whenever we want a low-key night out...steak and crab cakes were terrific!Special Features:
- Good for a hotel restaurantMelonDined on 12/5/2013The bar had a great happy hour with selected appetizers. The dinner was mediocre and fell short of expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating here andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2013First time eating here and I was impressed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Hotel RestaurantShannonVIPDined on 11/15/2013We decided to try Bistro 300 after purchasing a Living Social deal. The price was right ($49 for 2 entrees/2 desserts/2 glasses of wine), and the restaurant was within walking distance. More like an open-air bar-and-bistro situated on the 3rd floor, it features a sprawling layout and romantic fountain. We were seated immediately on a Friday - it was busy (lots of business travelers) but not packed. Our waiter was incredible and gave us great suggestions - we shared a deliciously rare NY strip and a scrumptious seafood pasta. I enjoyed the cookie sandwich with the "spicy" ice cream for dessert - the "black forest cake" was just brownies, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries - take a pass. We left completely stuffed. Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatTomKDined on 11/15/2013Nothing spectacular about this place, but the food was really good. Chicken chesapeake had a good amount of crabmeat, and the NY strip was cooked perfectly. The service was really good. Being inside a hotel limits its appeal, but you could do much worse than eat here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Okssilber1Dined on 11/8/2013I took my significant other to this restaurant for her birthday. The service was fine, and the decor was actually quite nice. The food was mediocre at best. They serve crab dip with their bread, which was a nice touch, although my date is allergic to seafood. The most compelling reason I came to this particular place was their homemade "Twinkie" dessert, which was not prepared that night. That was incredibly disappointing, especially because they claimed to have made it every night (I went on a Friday night as well, not exactly a slow night for restaurants). Overall, dinner was just ok.Special Features:
- The only negative thing IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2013The only negative thing I can say about our experience was that the steak, while delicious and perfectly cooked, was small. However that did not matter as we had the best waiter I've ever experienced. If you go here I'd recommend calling before hand and making sure Said is working that night. We went for my girlfriend's birthday and he made the occassion memorable and knew all the best food and drink choices for our taste. Will certainly be visiting this place again.
- The buffet that was offeredOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013The buffet that was offered was fabulous for the price. The items were extremely fresh and very well-seasoned. The look of the restaurant was clean, fresh and modern. It is in an open-aired space to the hotel, so was a little bit noisy, but nothing that made the experience unattractive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service,MLG944VIPDined on 10/30/2013Excellent Food & Service, we will be going back, good menu selection !Special Features:
- Amazing service and great food!DaMikeyDined on 10/27/2013We went to Bistro 300 for dinner on a Sunday night and it was excellent. Service was outstanding and the food was really good. Dessert was very delicious as well. A would def go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServicePKM1Dined on 10/27/2013From the greeting to the service by the waiter, the meal was a success. The chicken with lump crab meat was tender with a light sauce. Salmon with sesame was equally delicious. The desert did not disappoint with apple tart and ice cream. An excellent meal for those meeting for business or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel restaurantDAJSDined on 10/26/2013Great service but the food was non descript. Wouldn't go here unless I was stayin in the hotel.Special Features:
- Food and Service was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/19/2013Food and Service was great, our server was super. The ambience is terrible, they should have kept this place on the top floor with a view.
- Good food but poor serviceFoodie1Dined on 10/12/2013We went on Saturday night. The food was excellent and our waiter was delightful but, the service was awful. (Not because of our server.) They were so understaffed that it impacted everyone's meal. We liked the food enough to give it another try in the future. We hope that the service will be as good as the food was! When we spoke to the manager about our experience, he was pleasant and accommodating. We will try it again...
- Noisy, parking $$$$, food okSharonVIPDined on 10/5/2013Food was expensive and just ok. Service was attentive, but the waiter waited until appetizer plates were taken away before taking our entree orders. It was far too noisy; we could not converse because the noise from the bar carried over to the restaurant. Parking was incredibly expensive. We will not return and we will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Nice but not terrerficJeanneDined on 9/28/2013We used o go o the Hyatt for a really nice Sunday brunch.... Thinking that this was the same, was very disappointed to find out that they had done away with that resturant space only to relocate it to an open space in te middle of the hotel. What a waste! The food was good a little heavy on the salt for my taste. We arrived early for our reservations, so went to he bar area, sat down and nothing.... After about 15 minutes, we went out to get seated early for dinner, that was not a problem. Service in the resturant area was much better.
- Great service, quiet environmentGriffinDined on 9/22/2013It was so nice to actually be able to talk my table mates and hear them. I have gone out to eat at so many places where I am unable to hear the person across from me, let alone anyone else at the table. This restaurant had good service, good food, a quiet atmosphere, and inexpensive parking on the premises. Our group of six all enjoyed the experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie the WaiterKodiak11Dined on 8/23/2013Willie our waiter was OUTSTANDING!!!! Even when the place filled and he became rushed (they only had two servers on a Friday night and everyone seemed to come at 7), he made sure that we were well taken care of. He knew the menu down to the individual ingrediants as well as the best wines to go with them. Bistro 300 should do whatever is required to keep this waiter.. he is WONDERFUl and the reason we would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent placeColhan42Dined on 8/17/2013Cool place. Food was decent. Not the best. Not the worst. Enjoyed the place though. Would go backSpecial Features:
- Food QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013This was our first experience at Bistro 300. The initial crab dip and baguettes were a pleasant surprise and tasty. The entrees left us less than excited. Upon viewing our plates we were both disappointed. Visually you could tell that the (medium) steaks we had ordered were dry and very over cooked. Upon tasting the steaks were also flavorless. The mashed potatoes that came with the sirloin had a good flavor but were extremely dry. Overall we were not impressed with the look, quality or taste of the entrees.
- simplicityDarnaDined on 8/2/2013Bistro 300 was simple. Food were prepared basic with fancy names. The ambiance was great. It was a good lunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time ChoiceBabbsDined on 8/1/2013The food presentation was appealing and tasty. A variety of servers attended to our needs answering questions, refreshing our beverages and clearing away dishes after each course. All servers were very pleasant. The menu choices for lunch during Restaurant Week were excellent and our group will certainly come again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet hotel restaurant barafterpDined on 7/31/2013The food and service was very good. They should be much busier than they are, but I imagine not many diners outside of hotel guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNewbieFoodieDined on 7/29/2013A beautiful restaurant with great food! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant week pick!JamieKDined on 7/27/2013I have never been there before, so I cannot comment on the rest of the menu or the prices...but I thought the menu options for restauranr week looked delicious, so I made a reservation. Fantastic choice! The food was delicious, and it was one of the only restaurants that that offered a 3-course lunch for Baltimore Restaurant Week. The place is modern and swanky looking, and the service was excellent. I enjoyed my small crab cake appetizer (my husband enjoyed the wings), and then we both loved the chicken avocado sandwich. Filling and delicious (amazing bread, by the way). The we had the Apple Tartin for dessert (with vanilla ice cream), which was amazing. for $15 each? cant beat that....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter rude, food mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2013Our waiter appeared to be the primary host for the restaurant and we were sat up near the front. The restaurant is decorated very nicely and has great ambiance but the compliments end there. Our waiter was extremely rude and awkward to the entirety of my party even repeatedly asking if we had ran to the restaurant from our offices because one of our party was red in the face (sunburnt) and was drinking a lot of water. He acted like the entirety of our service was an inconvenience to him. Even worse than his service, however, was the food. I can't even explain how awful the food was. We ordered off of the restaurant week lunch menu and the chicken avocado sandwich and lobster salad were completely unappetizing. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.Special Features: