245 Front Street
Key West, FL 30040Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westinkeywestresort.com/dining
- Phone: 3052924312
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; dinner nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Stockton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Bistro 245 and the Westin offer many choices for your private dining needs. Whether it be a gathering in our private dining room or on our Sunset Deck, a sunset dinner on the Westin Pier or an elegant event in our ballroom the Chefs at the Westin will create a meal to remember for you and your guests. The Westin facilities can handle any event from 10 to 300.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private indoor dining room can accommodate up to 32 people. We also offer private dining under the stars on our Sunset Deck for up to 50 people, complete with its own bar. We offer a la carte, limited or specialized menus for all your dining needs. Private facilities are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Petak 3052924320
- Entertainment: Key West's famous sunset celebration is at your table... enjoy the people watching, the world famous cat show, the sounds of the Caribbean by our steel drum musicians and the nightly celebration to end of the day... a Key West tradition. No better place to watch the sun set into the Gulf of Mexico than Bistro 245 and our Sunset Deck bar.
A word from Bistro 245
Bistro 245 at The Westin Key West Resort & Marina is located on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or sunset cocktails and snacks as you watch the boats enter and leave the harbor. Waterfront dining at its best. Our Chefs prepare the Westin signature super foods breakfast, an array of mouthwatering salads and sandwiches for lunch, fresh local fish and juicy steaks for dinner, all with a Caribbean flair. Our bartenders will tempt you with our frozen drinks, tropical libations or choose one of our signature mojitos in 10 refreshing flavors. Bistro 245 is also the island's premier location for our nightly sunset celebration. Come out for people watching, the famous cat show and to see the nightly celebration to end the day. Bistro 245 is the perfect setting to enjoy a meal or sit back with a cocktail. Open daily from 7am until 10pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 245 reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great place for brunch!BellaDined on 8/31/2014I absolutely love brunch at the Westin. I was very disappointed to see that there was no Lobster Mac&Cheese this time. Please bring it back!!! It's do die for!!Special Features:
- Best Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014We had dinner for our 20th wedding anniversary and could not have been happier! We had the crab cakes and avocado salad, which was phenomenal! We both had the beef tenderloin and it was cooked perfectly to order and so tender and tasty! Also Loved the frozen Rumrunner!!! Great experience!Special Features:
- Best view for dining at sunset!LocalVIPDined on 6/29/2014Quality, simple restaurant right off the Westin pier and perfect for sunsets. Husband LOVED the lobster and steak, but my Truffle Grouper was a little too rich. A little pricey, but worth it for a special night with good weather. Head upstairs later for a drink and better view.Special Features:
- great locationStraightTalkDined on 6/26/2014Either indoor (A/C) or outdoor a great view of the sunset over Sunset Key. Easy access to Mallory Square for the evening festivities. Westin parking garage. Good menu but pricey. The service was impeccable and the food expertly prepared and presented. All in all a delightful experience.Special Features:
- good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014group of six, the food was fresh and quality, service was good, price was fair, and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinner2hungryDined on 5/29/2014Our last night in key west called for a sunset dinner and there are a few choices around the marina of the island. Favorable reviews from others and a good location fueled our decision. It didn't disappoint with good service and food. Nearly empty on a Thursday night and we chose to sit inside along the window as it was blazing hot outside and we needed a/c after being outside all day. We had the steak and lobster combo entrée. Although the seafood was a little dry it was still enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation spotLoveditDined on 5/25/2014This was a great sunset resturant in the mid to high price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Bistro 245 reviews archive.
- Breakfast with a view.DominicSDined on 5/10/2014Bistro 245 was a wonderful experience. My mother and I had breakfast there the day before Mother's Day and we could not have had a better meal. The service was excellent and the food was delicious! We sat inside and our view was absolutely gorgeous. I would highly recommend Bistro 245 to my family and friends for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.SuzyqDined on 5/9/2014We always take our company there as the food is good, the scenery is great and they get a great lay west experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sunset diningTomkVIPDined on 4/28/2014Dinner was excellent. It's a great location for people watching and of course beautiful sunsets.Special Features:
- All about the sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014Great views but just ok otherwise.Special Features:
- Nice view, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2014Nice view of the water, but it was masked by an obnoxious wedding party with extremely loud music. Food was average and very overpriced. Service was poor. They got attitude with us because we wanted a different table. Hostess was cranky, did not really greet us at all. Not impressed. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceDocCVIPDined on 3/26/2014The view sitting outside looking at the Gulf of Mexico was beautiful. The service and lunch were outstanding. It was an ideal lunch experience. The only problem was locating the restaurant for tourists who are not familiar with the area because the address is a little misleading for it's on a pier not exactly on Front Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sunset view and food!Beachbum0321Dined on 3/21/2014We picked Bistro 245 based on other reviews and we're NOT disappointed! Everything was amazing, down to the honey and tangerine infused butter! We shared the Seafood Cocktail for an appetizer, followed by the Mahi and Shrimp and Lobster pasta dish. Both were incredible! The view of the sunset and street performers only made our experience better. And our server Karl was fantastic!! Ask for him. We will be back on our next trip to KW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset ParadiseLeann1022Dined on 3/15/2014The perfect place to eat dinner while watching the sun set. Make reservations ahead of time and make sure to ask for a table outside where you can watch the sun set. If you have an opportunity to sit on the upper deck, take it. Tourists often crowd the boardwalk area to get pictures and they may compromise the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Thursday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014Went on a Thursday night, the restaurant was not crowded at all. Food was delicious and our waiter Karl was the best! The restaurant is also situated right by the water, so the view is very nice. Recommend for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great brunch butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2014This was a great brunch but the recent price increase is too much. Last years price is still published in the playbill for the Water Front Playhouse. 15% increase is too much.
- Nice PlaceReggieVIPDined on 3/7/2014We stopped by for a late lunch. Had a few cocktails and the French Onion Soup, Tuna Ahi Salad and the crab appetizer. Followed off with some pinot grigo, everything was wonderful. Abundant sunshine, let's face it, this place is all about the fabulous water view. The excellent wait service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Amazing locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014Of all the places we ate in key west this by far had the best location. Water, sunset, entertainment, and a cleaner scene than the typical key west Duval (which I love too). This place was just much more refined and elegant. Our server Edyta was amazing. We arrived a little later than we expected to the westin and we were tired and didn't want to venture far for dinner (we have a 2 month old) and we were very disappointed that we couldn't get into Latitudes. So we ended up at the bistro. I couldn't of been happier. The fish was amazing, could of had a touch more salt, and the conch, and the shrimp, and the keylime martini... I can go on and on. But Edyta was the cherry on top. So sweet, on top of everything but not pushy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunsetScenicDined on 3/2/2014Loved the sunset view, the food, the ambiance! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 245 Rocks!GoodEatin2UDined on 2/20/2014We had an awesome breakfast... Food was great, service was great, and the view from our outdoor dining seats was perfect! And because I had cashed in some points via Recyclebank, our bill was taken care of which made the overall experience even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice outdoor dining for the sunsetgeorgePDined on 2/14/2014We ate at Bistro 245 twice last week. The location facing the ocean sunset is excellent. The seafood entrees and the gaspacho soup are superior. The waiter was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- The Sunday brunch is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/2/2014The Sunday brunch is the best deal in town - go for it! And for what you get, it's a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Breakfast @ Bistro 245JulieDined on 2/2/2014We had made a reservation but ended up arriving 1/2 hour early and was seated immediately. Outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the gulf . The salmon benedict was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FRESH FOODFERGYDined on 1/19/2014THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. FRESH, EXCELLENT CHOICES, NOT CARB LOAD. GREAT IF YOU LOVE FRESH FISH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Champagne BrunchmarieDined on 1/12/2014The Bistro restaurant was a great choice to celebrate my mother's 88th birthday. Great selection of food and good environment .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice meal in great locationcev24Dined on 12/30/2013Restaurant sits right overlooking water in key west, sit outside for great views as long as a cruise ship not parked at the dock in front. We chose to sit inside as it was muggy and the sun had already set, plus I dislike eating an expensive meal on a patio with passers by looking over my shoulder.(personal preference). It was a good choice as inside was quiet for a romantic dinner. Food was excellent, imaginative albeit a bit expensive.....very common in Key West these days. But a good choice for a special occasion. Fish fresh and well prepared.Service excellent, unobtrusive but helpful and efficient, thanks Alex!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in key westSharonraeiiDined on 12/30/2013Tuna salad & grouper sandwich. We shared each other's. Sitting on Mallory square between docked cruise she and watching the cat man set up. This was the best bang for our buck, so to speak. I would suggest moving to the upper bar area, just to see the sunset.Special Features:
- Outdoors, but...MangopopVIPDined on 12/9/2013The tables were outside with a short fence, on the waterfront. a steel drum player was just ending as we arrived. A band several hundred yards down the waterfront cranked out some mildly annoying noise. Waiter was great, good suggestions, attentive without being intrusive. Food was very good. Not much ambiance, just outdoors seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodIluvwineVIPDined on 12/4/2013Was wonderful food a little salty but most resturants are we go to key west every year and stay at westin never been disappointed will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view to watch Key West go by.Dine4FunVIPDined on 11/23/2013Location is very good for sunset as well as to see the activity along the water in Key West. Food is good, no real standouts but tasty enough. Service was attentive. Nice spot to dine when on vacation, particularly sitting outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AveragekatieVIPDined on 9/7/2013While on vacation we went for lunch. We expected a great meal given the reviews online. However, the food was barely edible. I've had much better sandwiches at deli's let alone restaurants and for a much more reasonable price. We also ordered a grilled pineapple salad which ended up being very bitter arugula, onions, and 4 small pieces of pineapple. The restaurant also smelled of bleach. We will not be going back.
- Okay - not greatDahliaDooDined on 9/2/2013Our service was fabulous. The manager was attentive. The food was just okay. Menu is a bit limited with maybe too many fish entrees and not enough other choices.Special Features:
- great experiencecatrig77Dined on 8/27/2013everything was fabulous. Drinks were a little skimpy and expensive but otherwise a fine dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRAVO Bistro 245!!!FloridaKeysGuyVIPDined on 8/23/2013My whole experience today at Bistro 245 can be described as - EXQUISITE ! .Again I could not resist ordering my favorie-the Ahi Tuna and Avocado Salad(an entree-sized salad).It is, in my opinion, the best-tasting salad ever! And, every ingredient used at Bistro 245 is the freshest available.My server today was new ,originally from the country of Turkey. Since he was new,I cannot remember his name, but he fit right in with their friendly, attentive, and efficient staff. As I've just emphasized, the food is always FRESH,FRESH,FRESH at Bistro 245. But now, on to the atmosphere/ambiance. It is very relaxed and quiet. If you want to sit inside as opposed to outside on their patio,there are still some tables next to the window with an oceanview.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJoe4DebDined on 8/22/2013Our first evening in Key West couldn't have been more perfect! The service was excellent and the food delicious! Carl, our server, was so nice and attentive.....he helped make our first Key West dining experience so enjoyable. Highly recommend this restaurant. The view was gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is AMAZING here. ThereLUV4FUNDined on 8/18/2013Brunch is AMAZING here. There is always a variety and the food is always good. The mimosas kepp coming and those are great as well. Please go for brunch if you havent, you wont be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again I returned to BistroFloridaKeysGuyVIPDined on 7/26/2013Once again I returned to Bistro 245.And why not? Everything there is flawless .My server today, Inga, is pehaps the best one on their team. She is genuinely friendly and always smiling, attentive, and efficient. Every time I'm at Bistro 245 for lunch I cannot resist ordering the "Ahi Tuna and Avocado Salad" (an entree-sized salad). It comes with the most delicious spicy ginger/soy dressing I have ever tasted (in a separate cup so you can use just the amount that you would like to use).Several deep-fried wonton chips and an avocado salsa are also included.The wonton chips are light and very crispy. The food at Bistro 245 is nothing less than awesome, and the service and atmosphere are tops. By the way,they have an outdoor oceanview-patio! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect Dine At Bistro 245FloridaKeysGuyVIPDined on 7/19/2013Bistro 245 is wonderful! Friendly,attentive,and efficient servers are the norm here.Irina,my server did an awesome job.For lunch I chose my favorite-the Ahi Tuna and Avocado Salad.Entree-sized,it features slices of seared ahi tuna on a bed of greens w/ a spicy ginger-soy dressing side cup. Deep-fried wonton chips and a large portion of avocado salsa are included. Their ahi tuna is always very fresh(I counted eight very large slices).The wonton chips are always very light,crispy,and crunchy .A pinot noir wine was my choice to complement the spiciness of the dressing.It complemented perfectly.No room for dessert today,but I know that their desserts are decadently rich and satisfying!My experience at Bistro 245 is always awesome,in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another AAA+ Dine at Bistro 245!!!FloridaKeysGuyVIPDined on 4/19/2013Mihai S.,my server,was fantastic.He was genuinely friendly,very efficient,and checked with me several times during my dine to make sure that everything was good. Since the portions are always quite large at Bistro 245,I decided to skip having an appetizer,and decided to order my favorite menu item-the Ahi Tuna Wrap.It was "out of this world"! Very,very fresh.And as usual, they allowed me to substitute 6 fried wonton triangles w/ a side of guacamole instead of having one of their regular sides (pasta salad, tropical slaw, or fries). As a beverage,I enjoyed 3 glasses of Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon,which perfectly complimented the spicy soy/ginger dressing that comes with the wrap.And alas, no room for desert! AAA+, Bistro 245!!!Special Features: