241 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro241.com/
- Phone: (561) 330-4080
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 10:30am -3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bistro 241
Bistro 241 is committed to develop a subtle blending of tastes and forms, with the wide range of possibilities offered by our Cuisine De Marché concept that captures the best and freshest of our local produce. Our highly trained staff and the owner, will ensure that our guests have a pleasant culinary experience. We also offer a full service bar and a diversified wine list. Come celebrate with us and have a quality time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro 241 - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Bistro 241 reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is a lovely little neighborhood spot owned and operated by local people. The menu choices are spot on for a neighborhood bistro, and the food was delicious and nicely presented. The waitstaff aim to please. If you are looking for a reasonably priced dinner in a relaxed atmosphere, give Bistro 241 a try.Special Features:
- Don't miss this restaurant!JoshDined on 11/17/2014We found this restaurant through OpenTable and looked at the menu. The menu was refined and you could tell thought went into creating the menu. Since this restaurant is not on Atlantic Ave in Delray, it is easy to miss or to pass over. But it is well worth your trip off the main drag. We had Luiza as our waitress and she was nice and friendly. Food was delivered in a timely manner and matched the refined elegance of the menu. We were even paid a visit by the owner, twice, to check on us and how we were doing. He was very nice and seemed to genuinely care about our experience and how we heard about the place. My wife ordered the scallops and I ordered the Rigatoni. Both were excellent. Luiza recommended the desert, which was a dark chocolate lava cake. This was such a decadent desert that truly brought the experience home. While some may find the food pricey, it is well worth it with the quality of the dishes. I just wish I could have tried more of the menu. We will definitely be back the next time we are down there to try other items on the menu. And if you are looking for the hottest new restaurant in Delray, then check this place out. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good serviceGatorBullVIPDined on 11/15/2014Very good little place in downtown Delray Beach. 3 1/2 blocks off Atlantic. I was sure we had missed it. It was definitely worth the walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential to be better.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014The food and service were good. We sat outside on a beautiful night so that was great. Waitress did not know limited by the glass wines. Restaurant does not seem to know what it wants to be.Special Features:
- Great DinnerNewYorkerDined on 10/20/2014Fantastic hummus and olive starter, innovative Caesar salad, crispy chicken to die for, and excellent wine choices for reasonable prices. Wonderful service by friendly staff. Couldn't ask for more except that I lived here instead of New York so I could come to this bistro more often.Special Features:
- ExperienceddinerDined on 10/11/2014Excellent meal. Everyone aimed to please we will certainly be coming backSpecial Features:
- Hidden but GREAT!biedsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had a hard time finding the place...thought it was closer to the action of downtown Delray. However, once we did find it, we were warmly welcomed and seated. Everything from beginning to end was superb. The wait staff and the owner were doting and accommodating. We tried the snapper ceviche, which was probably the best we have had. We ordered a skirt steak along with another appetizer. Both fantastic. I would most definitely return. Give it a shot...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/27/2014Alex our server set the wonderful tone for evening. The latin dishes were light and fresh. His recommendations for the ceviche and the fish were excellent. The owner was there and involved in the operation of the night. I like to see when the owners and chefs are so involved. They went the extra step for my friends birthday(without being asked) with a beautiful and delicious dessert. I am definitely going back!!Special Features:
- The word seems to be getting out!JuantonVIPDined on 9/19/2014We visited Bistro 241 for the second time in about a month. As has been the case in the past the food was very well prepared and delicious. They were a lot busier than they had been on previous visits, and in fact they showed up as completely full on open table. A call to the restaurant confirmed that they would be able to accommodate us. The service was prompt and attentive. The specials were again the high points of the meal. I had the hogfish and it was just incredible. My wife is HOOKED on the house-made mozzarella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014A must visit on any traveler's agenda. Service and food are excellent.Special Features:
- Everything is delicious!JeffVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful restaurant with fantastic food. I've eaten twice in the past six months and had great service and delicious dishes. The chef is extremely creative and accommodating and the owner is warm and helpful. Do not miss Bistro 241!Special Features:
- Foodfan4VIPDined on 8/30/2014Food is amazing. The chef is just terrific Service is still inconsistent They try very hard but not enough servers to fill your glass with water without asking. You have to get their attention to order your food etc, We will continue to come back because the food is great. One day soon we hope the service will get better!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!DonnaleeVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have known the owner for about 10 years and he is very friendly and informative about how meals are cooked and knows his wines. We have always enjoyed this young man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in Delray BeachKatieBDined on 8/14/2014After reading numerous positive reviews on TripAdvisor, we dined at Bistro 241 this week and it was so enjoyable - from the appetizers to the main courses and wine list - and the delightful conversations with the owner. I highly recommend Bistro 241.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceSHEILA222INBOCADined on 8/2/2014The service was so poor, we had to beg for a waitress to order a drink (and water) after waiting for over 15 minutes. The portions were extra small and didn't fill us up. I ended up spending $100 for 2 people and left hungry! The owner Elie was a delight but he needs to hire help if he wants people to come back there. The ambience was great (not noisy) and we stayed and talked for hours and hours but the food needs to be BIGGER PORTIONS and the service needs to improve quite a bit. Very cute place and I wish them luck but I was very disappointed after hearing all the good reviews this restaurant got.... we won't be coming back here.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Bistro 241JuantonVIPDined on 8/2/2014Mushroom Truffle Ravioli. If you remember nothing else from this review, remember those 3 words, because this dish was PHENOMENAL. It was one of the specials they offered when we last dined there and it stood out among the other excellent items we had. This was our third or fourth visit in as many months so we've come to expect great things from Bistro 241. I can see why other reviewers might have been frustrated by an occasional long wait for this or that, as the owner does try to attend to each guest and when things get busy there just isn't enough of him to go around. Go early, go off season, go on a weekday, but you owe it to yourself to give this place a shot if you love well conceived, well prepared dishes served with pride.Special Features:
- The following 228 reviews are from the Bistro 241 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent, carefully and thoughtfully prepared, and the incredients fresh and tasty. Thank you for a delightful meal.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!!JimscDined on 7/26/2014I was in Delray for two weeks and ate at Bistro 241 twice. Both times were extraordinary. The food is fresh with fascinating flavor combinations. The owner and staff are very much into their patrons, making sure their dining experience is to their liking. The red quinoa is fantastic, could make a meal of that alone, as is the meatloaf! Whether there for lunch or dinner try the hamburger, absolutely killer! I come to Delray about four times a year and will for sure be looking forward to dining at Bistro 241.Special Features:
- Unique salad selectionsRebeccaCDined on 7/26/2014The salad selection was excellent - very unique. We had the grilled avacado salad with salsa, caprese salad and the California club. The food was presented well and it was very good. We also had cappuccino which was excellent - one of the best I have ever had in the states. We were not rushed at all which was very nice as we had a late lunch and were able to visit for a couple of hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot got better!JuantonVIPDined on 7/20/2014We've been to Bistro 241 several times but not recently. A friend mentioned they had hired a new chef and changed up their menu so we (wife & 3 kids) visited Sunday. GREAT meal! The strawberry gazpacho was refreshing, balanced and not too sweet. A bowel shared with my wife was a perfect portion. Next the Arugula and Calamari salads were large and well prepared. I had the skirt steak which was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. My wife had the burger (an example of how the menu has expanded to include less expensive items). Good size and delicious. As prior visits the kids were graciously accommodated with items "off the menu". This is a gem where the owner takes personal attention to ensure all diners are delighted. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cuisineTHereseDined on 7/17/2014The food is always fresh. Love the strawberry tomato basil gazpacho. Interesting flavors. Lemon chicken over root vegetables was wonderful and full of fresh flavors. The chocolate molten cake is like tasting heaven. We were scraping the plate for the last bite. Wonderful wines with a summer price special. The owner/ host was very attentive and professional. Run there you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First try, might be worth a secondEllynDined on 7/5/2014The two servers were overwhelmed and not able too keep up with the number of diners. The restaurant was out of the two wines we ordered and out of the pasta dish my husband wanted to order. However, the menu was nicely diverse and we will give it one more try.Special Features:
- We loved it!Meg2Dined on 7/4/2014We were a group of six on July 4, 7 pm. The space is inviting with interesting art; we felt as if we were in someone's home especially when we were seated at a large antique table and taken very good care of by the young proprietor. There's a "happy hour" during the off- season that actually runs all evening. A number of the wines are 2 for 1 and that extended to the bottles. The white recommended by the host was very nice. We had Caesar salads and tomato and mozzarella - both wonderful. The entrees: glazed salmon, chicken paillard and skirt steak. All were beautifully plated and delicious. The portions were fine - not small, not huge. The chef came out after our entree. We all felt that we had a lovely experience and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, casual, neighborhood gemdinearoundDined on 6/29/2014Perfect spot for a leisurely, relaxed and casual meal. Summer two for one drinks, every evening - all evening, makes for an appealing enticement. The food was flat out delicious. Nicely served by the attentive owner. Save room for scrumptious desserts.Special Features:
- amazing!!!!delrayspecial82Dined on 6/27/2014Great appetizers, drink specials all day long, great choices of wine, and the main course is prepared with extreme attention to detail and will totally satisfy your pallet. Don't walk, run there now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bisto 241's a Home Run!!CoacheDined on 6/27/2014After stumbling in by chance for a Happy Hour that is always top shelf (2 for 1 all day every day). We decided to come back a week later with friends for dinner. A Friday night, full house, service could not have been more hospitable and on point. The pours on the cocktails as well as the wines were ample. The Tapas' were unique and fresh and served promptly and with great plate presentation. Chef Jessie recommended to us the Skirt Steaks, which were cooked to perfection. Their Vegan dish the Grilled Cauliflower Steak w/Red Quinoa and Chicken Paillard were "off the chain." Chef Jessie's great menu filled w/exciting flavors and variety along w/Owner Elie's gracious hospitality makes BISRO 241 a GRAND SLAM!! See you guys soon.Special Features:
- outstandingFoodfan4VIPDined on 6/14/2014The owner is welcoming and very caring to his customers. He describes the menu in detail and clearly served outstanding appetizers and entrées . the chef is personable and came to our table to check on the meal. Try the pork chops and mozzarella salad . Beyond delicious! Our entire party of 5 loved the food. Hats off to a wonderful hidden gem in delray Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Fresh FoodFoodiefanVIPDined on 6/1/2014Dined here many times. Eli the owner is very welcoming & tries very hard to please you. Very much Mediterranean style food. Quality rather than quantity, but you will not leave hungry!Will return again when next in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014We had a great meal here. The service was really good and the owner is very personable and involved. Our food was also solid. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- hpharmfamDined on 5/25/2014great find. the rreviews on open table were right. the food was well prepared and beautifully served..excellent service. owner Ellie very hands on and helpful.will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Poor ServiceMRunner121Dined on 5/24/2014Food was great, waiter doubling as bartender, never a good sign, was reluctant to order cocktail because was not professional bartender. Waiter i think due to wearing a couple of hats was slow.Special Features:
- most recent visitnosnowDined on 5/24/2014We returned to this restaurant after a long hiatus. I ordered yellow tail snapper and it was overcooked, but the vegetables were excellent. Everyone else loved their dinners. The waiter, however, was below par, quite a surprise for a restaurant where we always found the service to be excellent.Special Features:
- Unknown gemFreddy2VIPDined on 5/23/2014We were a table of 8 and the only table occupied there. Not a good sign but it was a holiday weekend so we thought that might be the reason they weren't busy. Well the food was amazing. All 4 couples were raving about their appetizers and entree's. Three diners had the pork chops and said they were the best they've ever had. This place is a little known gem, but not for long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, WonderfulStellaVIPDined on 5/16/2014From the moment you walk through the door your greeted with a smile. I can only say Outstanding all the way around.Special Features:
- What a gem!Carolyn12491Dined on 5/16/2014I was so happy to have found Bistro 241 for a reunion dinner. The owner was so accommodating for us with different arrival times. He made great suggestions including a delicious wine. The food was excellent. But mostly we enjoyed the quiet low key atmosphere, a private corner for 8 of us, no pressure to hurry along. Very gracious host. Will come back next time we're in Delray Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No-brainerPepelVIPDined on 5/13/2014Went with a group of four. A great little restaurant, owner extremely nice and friendly, food was well prepared and very tasty. It was a quiet night (Tuesday), so we had strong attention from the owner. We appreciated the location as Atlantic is getting too busy and driving on it is a nightmare. Others enjoying their dinner were clearly repeat customers as they knew the owner well. Would like to try a busier night to experience the higher energy. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome little spotBdr2VIPDined on 5/11/2014This is a small, elegant little spot in Pineapple Grove. The short menu covers it all. Nothing stands out as a "gotta have it" but everything we tried was very good. The staff was prompt and courteous. They were flexible with accommodating for allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Pineapple GrovedrronDined on 5/10/2014Bistro 241 is the place to go for great food, wonderful wine selections, and a quiet dining experience off the avenue. Friendly service, family owned and operated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable and healthyLifeisgoodDined on 5/10/2014Overall an enjoyable experience. I especially liked the pineapple salsa on the grouper. We shared several salads as appetizers, which were both tasty and healthy. I will go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014This was our first time dining at Bistro 241. It is quiet but is an easy walk from the more lively Atlantic Avenue area. We shared a calamari salad that was plentiful and fresh. The beer and wine selection is authentic and the owner made me a great margarita on the rocks. The owner brought us a complimentary homemade humus dish with crispy pita bread. We both ordered the yellowtail snapper which was flavorful and moist. For dessert we shared an amazing chocolate lava cake that totally satisfied our sweet tooth. Elie, the owner was attentive, professional and eager to please. We look forward to coming back and trying the scallops that another couple raved about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.