241 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro241.com/
- Phone: (561) 330-4080
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 10:30am -3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bistro 241
Bistro 241 is committed to develop a subtle blending of tastes and forms, with the wide range of possibilities offered by our Cuisine De Marché concept that captures the best and freshest of our local produce. Our highly trained staff and the owner, will ensure that our guests have a pleasant culinary experience. We also offer a full service bar and a diversified wine list. Come celebrate with us and have a quality time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bistro 241 - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Bistro 241 reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FrustratingBobHDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve....Owner waited on us too as they were short staffed. 2 servers and 1 busser for about 60 seats (outside and in). Then...they allowed people without reservations (we had one) to eat at the bar! Another 10 chairs! Service was awful, as one would expect with those comparatives, but worse the owner showed his annoyance and arrogance. Not one apology from him. Lovely place, good food.....likely won't go back for some time.
- Will Definitely Be BackWineArtVIPDined on 12/28/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was excellent (I had the shrimp and my husband had the scallops). Service was excellent, our waitress was very attentive and made us feel welcome. The owner checked on us several times, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we were happy with our food and the service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 min too lateBad1Dined on 12/27/2013Had reservation for 4 at 7:45. When the Downtowner had not arrived I called the restaurant..maybe 7:50? Owner said res. Gone should have called earlier. I told him the reason and said we were 5 min away. He said to come in maybe a table would be available. The Downtowner arrived as I hung up. Arrived at Bistro, no table and "you should have called earlier, I have a business." He said there was a table ready for their bill and we could wait at the bar. We waited outside until we heard a woman at a table for 8 saying, "please, where are our other dinners?" Given the cancelled reservation, poor reception and the woman's question, we went across the street to Brûlée which we all rated 5 stars.
- Very good casual diningJimKVIPDined on 12/26/2013This is a relatively new restaurant in the Pineapple Grove area of Delray Beach. The food was very attractively presented. The best dish was the short ribs, but the pork chop was a close second. Our waitress was outstanding meeting every need promptly. Te wine list is barely adequate, since no vintages were listed for any wines. The bar was not able to make every cocktail, but the ones they did make we're outstanding. All in all, a very good addition to the booming restarant scene on and near Atlantic Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE MANAGEMENTCindyJVIPDined on 12/25/2013We arrived with friends on Dec 25th... WITH A RESERVATION. Two parties were in line ahead of us. Neither had a reservation. They were sat. We were told they could not sit us as they had no table. We could either sit at the bar (there were 4 of us... how do you hold a conversation sitting side by side --- not to mention there was no room at the bar) or we had the option to leave. This was the owner/manager. How could you sit tables with no reservations ahead of those who made a reservation. HORRIBLE and DISGRACEFUL. I will tell everyone I know NEVER to eat here. My ratings for food, ambience, and noise level were put as 1 because there was no choice for N/A.
- Christmas day dinnerRichVIPDined on 12/25/2013The bistro is great. Food is prepared and served with aplomb. The chef/owner waited on us due to a shortage of help( someone didn't show for work), but he added to our overall satisfaction. You can't find a better place to eat in delray and parking is easier than on Atlantic Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and Service!AnonymousDined on 12/25/2013Everyone in our party loved our food! The sauces on our entrees were light, but high on flavor. Among our excellent selections were fish, scallops, chicken, risotto, vegetables, and dessert. One of our party must eat gluten-free and the restaurant eagerly helped her find an appropriate and delicious entree. They brought her cucumbers so that she could enjoy the hummus. Our hummus hater got butter for his pita. The service was attentive but discrete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally enjoyable experience.daveDined on 12/22/2013Totally enjoyable experience. Food, service, and ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Upon our arrival our table was ready. The owner was very accomodating. Delicious food, cooked perfectly, portion size great. Would return again.Special Features:
- Great place in DelrayMommabearmarDined on 12/19/2013Our party of 4 ordered 2 seafood dishes, pork chops and a pasta, all very good, drinks very good though they were out of first wine choice and a liquor drink. The owner was very personable and made sure we were happy with the meal. An enjoyable dinner in a neighborhood with lots of choices. Glad we chose this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTosh30VIPDined on 12/14/2013Small place but that made it manageable for a first time owner. Elli (owner) was very nice and accommodating with both our food and wine choices. My shrimp scampi was one of the best I've ever tasted. The scallops were also very good. The caprese was good as well. Service was good, but there needs to be a little more organization, mostly on the FOH side. Great place to have a quiet dinner, off the Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elli, the owner is a gem-diningproVIPDined on 12/8/2013Elli, the owner is a gem- proud of his food and restaurant-rightfully soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!JuantonVIPDined on 12/8/2013We've eaten at Bistro 241 a few times in the last year or so. The service is always impeccable and the food excellent. The environment is refined, quiet and intimate as opposed to bustling and frenetic. However, despite the more elegant ambiance they are very accommodating to children. On each of our visits they have offered off-the-menu portions and dishes for our young kids. As an added bonus, although it is only a few blocks off the Ave parking is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 241MarciaVIPDined on 12/5/2013We had a really nice dining experience. It was the perfect night to dine outside. The menu had variety and the service was outstanding. The food was quite good and we would absolutely return,Special Features:
- Great new find!AnnaJVIPDined on 11/19/2013Two of us recently enjoyed a great meal at Bistro 241. We shared a salad, fabulous crab cakes and delicious short ribs. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013The owner is VERY nice and accommodating. But (to be honest) we found the meal itself "fair" and not something we'd rush back for. There's a lot of competition in Delray so if you're gonna make it in the restaurant business, you gotta make it unique or better. Sorry to say, This fell short on both.
- Another great experience.delraydinerVIPDined on 11/15/2013This was our second time at Bistro 241. Another great meal. Great service. The owner acknowledged and thanked us for coming back and mentioned the table we sat in the last time. Very nice personal touch. Will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodKerriDined on 11/15/2013Owner/server Eli was extremely attentive. The food was top notch. We had short ribs, rich and delicious, shrimp over linguini with a terrific lemon sauce and two salads, perfectly dressed. The chocolate dessert was decadent, but not as smooth as it could have been.Special Features:
- Consistently Delicious!LEEMVIPDined on 11/9/2013This was our second visit to this wonderful restaurant and it didnt disappoint. The menu is creative with a beautiful presentation that is consistently delicious. My husband and I both had the scallops nestled on a bed of delicious risotto. Our friends enjoyed both the salmon and the special of the evening which was linguine loaded with clams. Our server was adorable and presented us with a special appetizer as well as a beautiful chocolate dessert to celebrate. The owner of the restaurant was very pleasant and made sure that we were well taken care of. Casual but upscale, the ambiance is warm with a full view of the comfortable seating outside. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2013We not only enjoyed the food,the atmosphere is truly relaxing . The owner was so helpful in making our dinner decisions. We were treated very special. Try it you will like itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodBostongirlVIPDined on 11/4/2013We went to Bistro 241 for the first time week. The food was outstanding. Especially try the homemade soup. We actually drove by the following day to buy some soup for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningMLO1114VIPDined on 10/29/2013The food- fresh and delicious with exceptional flavorings. The wine- wonderful selections moderately priced. Service- excellent with food always served hot. Ambience- outdoor patio wonderful and indoors beautiful. My wife ordered the calamari/greens salad and yellowtail snapper. I ordered the tomato basil soup and the salmon special. All food was outstanding with timely service. Can't wait to return; in fact we are dining there again next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot in DelrayBrianJVIPDined on 10/22/2013Great spot in Delray away from the crowds on Atlantic. Wonderful food and attentive food. Fresh ingredients. Quality Food. Very reasonable prices. Will be back again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceHiltonVIPDined on 10/20/2013We found this place on opentable and made a reservation on a Sunday day night. when we arrived we were skeptical because it was almost empty. The owner came outside upon seeing us reading the menu and told us he is so sure we will love the food, he would pay foe our meals if we didn't. He was absolutely correct. The food was excellent. I had the short ribs, not something I normally order. It was succulent and flavorful and tender. The Caesar salad was fresh and lightly dressed. Excellent fare.Special Features:
- Really lovelyfoodiemomVIPDined on 10/18/2013I found this restaurant on Open Table and had never heard of it before. I really liked the look of the menu so we decided to go with our teenaged kids. We sat outside and had a really great time. The food and service were great! I really like the quiet area off the main drag of Atlantic Avenue. Quiet but still lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service-Incredible FoodMOEVRVIPDined on 10/12/2013Wonderfully attentive service with fresh, well prepared and delicious menu. Very accomidating for friends who required Gluten free preparation. Music set the tone, Eli the owner was a positive presence and Alex the server went far and beyond to make sure everyone in our party felt special and that we were satisfied. Am overall wonderful experience that we look forward to repeating time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant! Eli (theDVDineVIPDined on 10/8/2013Great restaurant! Eli (the owner) was totally accomodative to our needs (glutten free and dairy free) and flexible in having dishes prepared accordingly. The wine list is thoughtful and fairly priced while the dishes are outstanding. The hummus dip (Eli's family recipe) was a great addition as well. Do not miss this restaurant...a welcome addition to the Delray Beach scene.Special Features:
- WowDocHVIPDined on 10/2/2013Great restaurant; great food; great service. What else can one ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surpriseJuantonVIPDined on 9/28/2013I hadn't heard much about this gem a few blocks off the Ave, but the reviews here prompted us to roll the dice. I'm glad we did! The owner welcomed us and offered to accommodate our children's (4,5 & 7) smaller appetities. They had salmon (2) and pasta/butter. My wife and I shared parsnip soup (hot, earthy, very flavorful) and beet salad. The waiter brought complimentary hummus (best I've ever had!) and pita. (News flash for the reviewer who complained about the pitas- they are toasted! They are SUPPOSED to be crispy! Entrees were scallops w/risotto (beautifully seared and tasty) and short ribs (tender but not mushy, and very flavorful) As we left my 4- year old (who had the salmon) asked, "can we come back here again?" "absolutely!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Accept Dining Cheques !!!!!!RetiredInBoyntonBeachVIPDined on 9/23/2013Be FOREWARNED!! The owner of Bistro 241 REFUSES to accept the Open Table Dining Cheques! He claimed that his bank won't accept them from him. He said he would be pleased if I complained to Open Table about this because he hoped Open Table would help him in this regard. So I said okay, I will complain about this. And here is my complaint. It is also a warning to other potential diners. The sad thing is that this situation ruined an otherwise perfectly pleasant evening. The food ranged from outstanding to acceptable, depending on the dish (a "risotto" was really just rice with mushrooms, and the fish was overcooked for my taste) -- but overall, we would come back for the food. The service was otherwise quite good indeed.
- Very nice dinner in a greatFatboyDined on 9/21/2013Very nice dinner in a great trendy area of Delray. Owner was very involved and on point. Small and very comfy, tables are not on top of each other and the decor is perfect...outdoor dining is available and looked great, but we decided on inside. Loved it and will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Place for a Delicious MealEricdeTVIPDined on 9/1/2013Bistro 241 is a new restaurant located in the Pineapple Grove area of Delray Beach. What the restaurant lacks in decoration, it certainly makes up for in cuisine and service! Their menu items are quite delicious on paper and even more so in reality. The staff is very attentive and helpful. This is a perfect restaurant for a nice quiet dinner with a date or significant other. The only area I believe they need improvement is on the decor, it seems to be a little sparse in my opinion. Other than that it's a great little place and I wish them the best of luck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a wonderful local bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2013If I lived in Delray, I would frequent often. My dinner companions had pan seared scallops and both thought they were excellent. My pork chop was the same.
- Hidden GemDelrayFoodieDined on 8/31/2013Dined at Bistro 241 for the first time, the owner? seemed a little nervous training a new server, however it was apparent he was hands on with every aspect of the restaurant. Our food was excellent from starter to dessert. Everything was fresh and well prepared. The Maryland crab cake, snapper, chilled shrimp, mussels, filet everything was excellent. Have lived in Delray Beach for many years and have dined at almost every place up and down Atlantic, this is off the avenue but well worth the visit. Definitely will become a favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Night at Bistro 241FoodLoverDined on 8/30/2013Another great night at Bistro 241. Fresh and scrumptious food, great martini and wine, lovely atmosphere. Thanks, Elie--I love your place. Here's wishing you a wonderful forthcoming "season" as others discover your lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal in a most comfortabledinex2VIPDined on 8/27/2013Great meal in a most comfortable setting. Always something new on the menu to try and it never disappoints. This is a real neighborhood gemI would recommend this to a friend.
- Only So-So This TimeDocHVIPDined on 8/24/2013Food was very good. Service was problematic since restaurant was understaffed the evening of our visit. Usually excellent. Not up to usual performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-10 Service 5har123VIPDined on 8/24/2013The food,wine and drinks were excellent. However, the service was not good as they had one and a half servers. The air conditioning did not seem ample for the small restaurant and therefore we were very warm throughout our meal. The scallops, salads and steaks were excellent. The truffle mashed potatoes-heaven! Bread as well as pita type crackers would have been a welcome addition. The owner and family delightful. However, more attention to service and detail to customers were needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always keep coming back...sallyddVIPDined on 8/22/2013with so many wonderful restaurants to choose from in the Boca/Delray area, Bistro 241 keeps us coming back. The food is wonderful and combined with Elie's gracious hosting we find ourselves returning here often. It's nice to find a spot where the owner is so engaged and genuinely wants your experience to be perfect...start to finish. Thanks for another great dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot off of the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Great spot off of the noise and bustle of Atlantic Ave. Great food and Elie is a great host. Have been here several times as well as his families other restaurant ...Joseph's...across the street. Both are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.