Bistro 24 at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix
2401 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro 24 at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Phoenix/Dining/Bistro24/Default.htm
- Phone: 6029522424x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Tuesday through Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR TUESDAY-FRIDAY 4PM-7PM
July 1st - July 5th we will be clsoed for dinner service
**For the month of July we will be open for dinner service Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Garry O'Connor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy the unparalleled musical talent of Nicole Pesce joined by local jazz vocalist Jeffrey Hattrick in the Lobby Lounge every Saturday evening from 6pm to 8pm
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR Tuesday-Friday 4pm-7pm - $5 Appetizers and $5 Drinks
A word from Bistro 24 at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix
Located in the heart of the shopping and dining district of the Camelback Corridor, bistro 24 provides a warm, relaxed atmosphere to enjoy American-inspired dishes defined by fresh, seasonal ingredients. The acclaimed restaurant has garnered several accolades, including Wine Spectator Magazine’s 2011 and 2013 Award of Excellence – one of the wine industry’s most coveted awards. This award is granted to restaurant wine lists that offer a well-chosen selection of top quality producers along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 24 at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- BEST SERVICE EVERAdSmithVIPDined on 8/7/2014Jim is terrific and the white-hair gentleman is a dream. Love it there!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2014Inventive cuisine in a hotel restaurant setting that does not feel like one. Excellent, professional service. Have already recommended to friends and will return as soon as in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Our waiter Florian was the best waiter I have ever encountered. Great with suggestions. Terrific in always being near by to be helpful. Learned each guest's name and catered to our every need. Superb!!Special Features:
- The following 162 reviews are from the Bistro 24 at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix reviews archive.
- Disappointing experienceFrustratedDinerDined on 4/20/2014Problems observed: 1)Dropped napkin on the floor. Server picked it up & instead of getting a new one, he put it back on the table! 2) Bloody Caesar requested, took 20 minutes. Looked awful; server told us they didn't have all the ingredients so had to improvise. 3)Last year’s brunch we were told by maître d’ that we cud have ordered cheese blintz even tho not on menu. So this year we tried. The server said he’d check for us; but, never returned & we never saw the blintz. 4) Many times we handed in our cutlery with our plates & EVERY TIME we had to ask for new ones. 5) Food: Only rare roast beef was served. No medium-well sections. I watched few other people walk away because of this. We had to wait about 10 minutes for more bacon
- Food was rather disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was rather disappointing. Two of us had the special on the 11th of April, which was a rather forgettable fish dish. The 3rd member of the party had a chicken dish, quite bland. Service was excellent!!! Attentive and courteous, the main plus for the evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ;;the service was excetionaljusticejVIPDined on 3/14/2014;;the service was excetional a the food was very good Unfortuately the dinning room is also home to a very large bar that has a noisy and energetice bar scene apparently this is uncome but it id distrt from the enjoymnet of dinner the hotel shoudl move thier happy houur toanother locationSpecial Features:
- little known gemthebabydocVIPDined on 2/20/2014We've been going here for years and the food, drinks, and wine are always spectacular. Prices are reasonable, and. from the valet to the busboy, they always make us feel like family. I am so glad that so few people know about this gem otherwise we'd have to wait days for reservations. Hands down one of the consistently best 10 restaurants in Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner for breakfastfoodloverDined on 2/19/2014I absolutely love to take business guests and out of towners here for the very best breakfast in the Camelback Corridor. The freshly squeezed juice, aromatic coffee that is consistently refilled due to the excellent service staff and the elegant atmosphere of the place serve to enhance a variety of traditional as well as more adventurous breakfast menu items that just can't be beat. The fresh fruit display is also always eye catching and palate pleasing as well. There are satisfying selections for those who are trying to watch their weight as well as those BIG breakfast eaters. Always a winner for breakfast indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at a lossOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had to find people twice to get service and hand greeters come to serve verses waiters.Special Features:
- Disappointing Valentine's DayDnewlundDined on 2/14/2014This set menu for Valentine's Day 2014 looked good on paper. But when the items came out the portions were extremely small. Most notable was the beef which was quite good and the lobster. The desert was so dry we couldn't even finish it. All in all the value we got for the price we paid was very disappointing.
- wonderful afternoon tea experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2014We have had afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton's Bistro 24 many times and it never fails to disappoint. Valentine's Day turned out to be a special treat with a special menu and a vintage fashion show that was very enjoyable. Capping off the afternoon, charismatic and talented Jeffrey sang a song.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice quietly elegant place.wishitwouldrainDined on 1/23/2014Great spot for breakfast or lunch with friends or for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was great, sheDaveDined on 1/18/2014Our server was great, she was very knowledgeable and was very accommodating to vegan options. Very prompt service and did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Christmas BrunchLuckyoneVIPDined on 12/25/2013The Ritz Carlton, Phoenix hosted another spectacular Christmas brunch, 2013 in true Ritz Carlton fashion. The ambiance was glorious; food, plentiful and delicious beyond description; and service, impeccable. Patrons actually dressed for the occasion, suits or coats on the gentlemen and special occasion dresses on the women; hard to find in this day of "casual dining". It's becoming exceedingly more difficult to find "fine" dining experiences at any cost, even at fine hotels. This brunch did not disappoint. Please don't alter your venue. Do continue to offer this extraordinary traditional holiday experience for many more years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 24CarolynWVIPDined on 12/13/2013The Christmas decorations were spectacular. I expected so much more with the dining experience. The food was good, however, the service left alot to be diesired. It was tough to get my water refilled. Also, I ordered wine and after 10 minutes I had to ask if it was forgotten and it had been. A manager stopped by the table early on and asked how everything was and said he would stop back by after lunch to check on us but never did. With so many great choices in the area, I probably will not go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Thanksgiving BrunchBillDined on 11/28/2013A delicious meal with all the trimmings. The bisque soup was superb as was the dessert barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great - noise levelcathalpDined on 11/28/2013food was great - noise level high as i think do not have noise absorbers - but nice background musicI would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality does not meet priceyumyumDined on 11/19/2013Although I have attended several business functions at the Ritz Carlton in Phoenix, this was my first visit to the restaurant for a personal occasion. I went to lunch at Bistro 24 for my birthday. The valets, doormen & the Maitre d' at the Ritz Carlton and Bistro 24 were extremely polite and well trained to make one feel valued. However, I was disappointed with the quality of the food, which was mediocre, the waiter's service, and the noise level in the room once more people filled nearby tables. I expected exceptional cuisine for the price and considering the reputation of the Ritz Carlton, and was disappointed. Overall, I was quite disappointed, after having anticipated a very special and wonderful dining experience.
- very limited menu. mortuaryherbodocVIPDined on 10/26/2013very limited menu. mortuary quietness with very few diners on a Saturday night.We would not go back even with he preferred dining of phoenix "twofer"
- Outstanding service and food!DavePVIPDined on 10/10/2013The staff were wicked friendly and personable, the food was great not as pricey as you would think for a Ritz! I highly recommend you check it out you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Ritz reviewDelMarVIPDined on 10/7/2013Best business meeting place for breakfast or lunch in Phoenix. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on another levelsergioandchristinaDined on 9/7/2013You enter a higher class than your typical restaurant but it was well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingtraveler2014Dined on 8/28/2013I love love love eating lunch here. They never fail to impress, make you feel so wanted and invited and food is delicious. Don't change a thing. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a secretcharlieVIPDined on 8/17/2013Bistro 24 is elegant, sophisticated and special. While the bar is busy and overflowing, the dining room is not. It should be because they do a special job there.Special Features:
- Food and Service a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2013Great food and wonderful service. Experiemnced waitress was timwly with her service but not pushy with moving our meal along and understoof the appropriate time and manner to transition between courses.Special Features:
- Very QuietBobTDined on 5/7/2013I am hearing impaired and asked for a quiet table. The table was quiet, though the whole restaurant was quiet. Tables are nicely spaced so that even if it was somewhat busier I believe the noise level would have been quiet. The food - salmon and ossobuco - were perfectly prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a business lunchMargaretDined on 5/6/2013great location; staff accommodates special meal/dietary requirements; attentive service that is not intrusive.
- Always good food and ice tea. ServOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Always good food and ice tea. Service- suggest servers make a point of not interrupting conversations. Using good judgment in this regard will make a difference for Business people choosing to return.Special Features:
- Considering there were onlyBetteVIPDined on 4/12/2013Considering there were only a few people at the restaurant - we had poor service. Our wine glasses sat empty and we had to ask to have someone pour. Our white wine bottle was in an ice bucket too far from us for us to get it and pour the wine ourselves. This restaurant is suffering on a Friday evening. It is too stuffy. The food is excellent, but it has an old world atmosphere. And then to top it off, it has two TVs always on at the bar which can be seen from a table in the retaurant.
- Hadn't been here in severaljennDined on 3/8/2013Hadn't been here in several years so looking forward to a return visit, too bad we were really disappointed. The wait staff was obviously short; we could forgive the waits if the food was good, but we were disappointed there as well. The gnocchi appetizer was small and without much flavor. My scallops were terribly over salted and I could barely eat them--I would have sent them back but with the slow service, it wasn't worth it. My husband's veal osso bucco should have been tender but was not. The restaurant no longer has the fun/hip vibe it once had; now it's just like any other hotel restaurant--rather unexciting menu and decor.
- Amazing Ravioli at Bistro 24!!PhoenixRisingVIPDined on 3/7/2013We weren't exactly sure how Bistro 24 was able to stay open since we arrived and were the only ones in the restaurant on a Thursday night. However, appearances can be deceiving since the food was very good. The only dish we didn't care for was the Gnocchi Gnudi, but the Ravioli with the Butternut Squash filling was the best Ravioli i've ever had. The service was good and my friends and i did enjoy ourselves. Definitely a place to check out if you're in the Biltmore area.Special Features:
- Best place for business breakfastPikejoVIPDined on 2/20/2013Best place for business breakfast in Phoenix. Food is very good along with service. The room is set up with significant distance between tables--this allows for a much quieter environment and one that is conducive to business conversation.
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I went for our Valentine Dinner so it was a Prix Fixe menu. All of the courses seemed to flow smoothly, the food was delicious, and the live pianist was a nice touch! Overall it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Had a fantastic Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Had a fantastic Valentine's Day dinner with excellent food. The piano player was a special treat, 2 1/2 hours of great music with no breaks and no sheet music.Special Features:
- My husband claims it was thehappyat70Dined on 2/14/2013My husband claims it was the best porter house he ever ate (we're almost 70) WOW! worth scheduling for Valentines' and we'll do it again because everyday is Valentines.
- The service and ambience wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The service and ambience were great. The prix fix meal was very disappointing in portion size. The cost of the meal was grossly exaggerated for the amount of food that was received for two people to share. It was advertised as larger portions and most prix fix meals come with wine for the meal especially for Valentines Day. We ordered an additional main entree and wine. We were very disappointed with the meal and will not return for a prix fix meal. Very disappointing for $240.00 The staff and piano player were excellent!!! The food was disappointing :(Special Features:
- Service and food are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2013Service and food are always top notch. Very relaxed environment.Special Features:
- Worth it?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012It's the Ritz! (... hard to find anything "wrong" with it), but I must say I was rather underwhelmed by the Christmas brunch we had there. The food was good, but not spectatular -- not even particularly creative. And after I had finished by roast beef and mashed potatoes, we were slapped not only with the $90-per-person bill, but an "automatic" 18% gratuity, bringing the tab to well over $100 each ...for brunch ... an alcohol free one, at that! Sorry Ritz, but in a town filled with wonderful resorts, there are simply better options.Special Features:
- not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Since we booked for Christmas, I was disappointed to find that the brunch was very limited, no salad bar to speak of, no fresh fruit other than apples, and only one kind of potatoes, with two hot vegetables. It was a very expensive brunch, for what we received. There was seafood, and a large dessert table, but I have had better brunches, for far less money in less upscale places. I for one, cannot recommend this to others, nor will I attend a brunch here again.
- Phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012There are not enough words to describe how wonderful this restaurant, the food, or the staff is. We went there for Christmas brunch and although it was a 'grown up' menu, the staff personalized items for my 4 year old daughter. The chefs made her Minnie Mouse pancakes and eggs cooked just to her order. The staff talked about her Christmas with her and Santa Claus. The manager came over and gave her a teddy bear, which sat on her lap during brunch. After our fantastic experience here for Christmas brunch, I can't wait to come back for other meals as well!Special Features: