234 E. Main Street
Turlock, CA 95381Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro234.com/
- Phone: 2096684234
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef LeRoy Walker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Cellar at Bistro 234 is perfect for you professional and personal private parties. Seating for 36 is available in an intimate dining area.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Hobbs (209)668-4234
A word from Bistro 234
Bistro 234 is honored to have earned the prestigious Wine Spectator's 2012 & 2013 Award of Excellence. Located in the center of historic downtown Turlock, Bistro 234 offers a dining experience that is sure to foster great memories. The fun atmosphere, high ceilings, heated patio and vibrant colors pair well with the eclectic cuisine of our talented Executive Chef, LeRoy Walker. At Bistro 234, we love to share our passion for food and dining with seasonal New American and French-influenced cooking. Bistro 234 is the ideal place to host your event, be it large or small. The Cellar is available for exclusive dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bistro 234 - Best Restaurants in Turlock ›
Bistro 234 reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (13)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Best in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Bistro 234 is Turlock's best dining, including the bar menu.Special Features:
- Love This Place4grls2luvDined on 10/3/2014The food here is wonderful and the service is always outstanding. I always have the Chicken Marsala it is to die for. My daughter's choice is the salmon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great the ambiance was beautiful... But I think we came in the middle of a shift change... We wanted to try out many other things they had such as wine or drinks. But our waitress disappeared on us. The waitress from the next table over noticed we were out of drinks.... So she finally found someone to refill our water. Overall I really enjoyed it and would love to give it another chance. The stead was delicious more rare than i asked for but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThomsDined on 9/19/2014good service and food as usual . Very reliable for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSandraDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I go to Bistro for our date nights. It's "our" place. They have the BEST crab cake appetizer by far and the rest of the menu is delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Great Service!DairygirlDined on 9/5/2014Loved this restaurant! The food was just fabulous, the service was terrific and the atmosphere has a laid back feel, not a stuffy fancy snobby feel. The food offerings are very refined, great for the foodie or someone looking for "unique" but also has the choices of regular fare.Special Features:
- Corporate DinnerMissyRNDined on 9/3/2014I loved the ambience and service we had in the private room. The food was excellent with lots of choices and I was pleasantly surprised. There is a great wine list as well and on Wednesdays it's half off on a bottle of wine. If I ever need to do another dinner for a group event in Turlock I'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrovefromModestoDined on 8/16/2014Don't order humas- it is good but only 4 chips Requested more and received 4 more. What's up with that?? Food was ho-hum for the price Willl be a long time before we go backSpecial Features:
- Janice BWoweeDined on 8/16/2014We started with the crab cakes, fantastic with a delicious sauce. My husband loves beets and the beet salad with both red and golden beets with goat cheese did not disappoint! I had the fillet. Cold perfectly. My husband had the roasted chicken. Juicy and well seasoned. We don't eat potatoes so they gave us extra veggies instead. We got a bargain on a bottle of Robert Hall cab that was left from their wine tasting. Then they let us taste another Grenache gem and talked to us for a bit about wine. I can't wait to go back and try more things on the menu. We might also go to their wine tasting and their cooking classes.Special Features:
- Local DinerHarleyDined on 8/2/2014Bistro 234 never disappoints us; always great food, great service, and a very nice wine list. Good place for a special occasion or just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Fabulous!RafianoDined on 7/29/2014Starting with the Brushetta and the Crab cakes both great ! Then the Ravioli s and the Prime Angus Filet was so good! The place very quaint and quiet makes you feel like your in a restaurant in San Francisco. Its a totally comfortable atmosphere and the food was Great it makes we want to go back just remembering! I will try Lunch the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and ok2GirlsdineDined on 7/16/2014The corn soup was excellent and seasoned perfectly. Sandwich not so great, too much pesto mayo and bread. I loved the to die for desert! Ice cream with Carmel, chocolate, toffee crunches on a sweet crust. Enough for 3-4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGlutenfreefoodieDined on 7/15/2014My pork tenderloin was very good with an apple, onion, walnut topping. They are willing to change sides for food allergies. There were quite a few choices for gluten free which makes me happy. My husband had great sea bass!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!brownidgalDined on 7/9/2014Despite it being an entirely packed house due to a Rombauer wine tasting, the quality of food and service were top notch! I wanted to order all of the dinner specials because they all sounded yummy, but ended up choosing a braised pork shank with blue cheese croquets... simply devine and definitely not something you're able to find anywhere else in Turlock. The Bistro staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgable without being pretentious. Good food and good wine (and a good friend) all conspired for a wonderful evening at Bistro 234.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceValley8BritDined on 7/3/2014Arrived late for our reservation but the restaurant was really good about it. Had a nice table next to the wine racks. Service was attentive but not over zealous. Food was of a good standard - had steaks cooked perfectly to our order and vegetables and salad were all excellent. Summer Berry cheesecake was exceptional. Would definitely recommend a visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 326 reviews are from the Bistro 234 reviews archive.
- 1st timeJGarciaDined on 6/21/2014Bistro 234 is the nicest most quite place I've been. If I was you I wouldn't be wasting my time finding other places. This is my place from now and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TomJDined on 6/18/2014Great and attentive service. Food is superb. Could not find a better wine list anywhere!Special Features:
- outstanding!jvargas22Dined on 6/18/2014Had a great evening here. Prices were great and the quality of the food was amazing. My gal and I had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BunchTinker50Dined on 6/10/2014Nice quite back section for groups to enjoy lunch and conversation. Service was very good, drinks always stayed full and wait service was helpful and joked with guests. Food was hot, good portions and nicely plated.Special Features:
- We love this place!BAJ4Dined on 6/7/2014We have enjoyed Bistro 234 many times and have never been disappointed. Service is always great and food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro needs to step their game upOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I have been going here for years. But probably the last 3-4 times we've gone I keep saying its the last time we go. Menu never changes. Even the specials are always the same. The portion sizes are much smaller. The servers aren't very knowledgeable. I don't know, just not feeling this place like we used to. They need to step up their game. 10 East is now my favorite spot in turlock.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatPrayLoveMuchoDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated a birthday there! Our server was awesome! The mango margaritas are sooo good! Food was great! Only negative thing was the onion soup! Too salty!...oh, and the looks of the ones dining there...perhaps because we were of a different race?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsStrgzrDined on 5/28/2014I made a last minute reservation for 10. Our table was ready when we arrived, the food was fabulous, as was the service. We had a perfect time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turlocks Best!JoeCDined on 5/17/2014It was the first time I'd been there and I was thoroughly impressed! The food was great, I had the market salad and it's a must try amazing unique creation by the chef. The rack of lamb was great, very good quality lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom Diners reviewPram2k14Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great, the service was nice, but slow. The restauraunts is smaller than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!!!Cmetal777Dined on 5/10/2014I been to Bistro234 twice, once with friends and once with my girlfriend, booth times I had fantastic service and fantastic food, I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014The steamed clams were excellent! Entrees were flavorful and key lime pie to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food every timeJVanDined on 5/2/2014We really enjoy dining at this restaurant. The decor is casually elegant. The food is always excellent and service is on point. Guaranteed enjoyment. Try the artichoke appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomJDined on 5/1/2014Great place for quiet conversations, food and drink. Wine list is superb. Food selection at lunch could be more varied but great. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner out!HarleyDined on 4/26/2014Another nice dinner at Bistro 234, as usual! Not that many quality resturants in this area but Bistro is always top notch with food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy lunchtime.tommdogDined on 4/16/2014Restaurant was understaffed at lunch. It was slow to get order taken, but the food was very tasty when it arrived.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Mikayla was an amazing waitress. She made our experience incredible and the food was amazing. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- good little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014This is a consistently good place. There are things that fall a titch short...wedge salad needs to be colder. Butter on bread plate should be firm not mushy. Placement of a table in main dining room near the bar is out in the middle, where people need to walk to get to the bathroom. It's awkward. But other than that, it is a great place. Their gnocchi with sage cream sauce is incredible. And you can't go wrong with the Diana torte for dessert. Delicious and enough for four people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDuckman1Dined on 3/29/2014Friday night dinner with a reservation..we were seated at the table closet to the door with other tables available. Server failed to recognize us for approx. 10 minutes then failed to offer cocktail service while we waited for the other couple to arrive. Food was tasty my vegetables were very undercooked. We ordered a bottle of wine that was delayed and arrived mid way thru the meal. Not the best experience we have had and it won't keep us from coming back, not the experience we have had in the past.Special Features:
- Not My New FavoriteIrehiDined on 3/28/2014When we checked in, the the hostess said "it is going to be a busy night so we put you at a high table" I told her that we wanted a table. This didn't seem to please her. We were seated at the smallest table available, right behind the hostess station. We had to put the salt and pepper shaker as well as some of our dishes in the window display (where the rocks and plants were) to make room for our food on the table. I felt like we were being " punished" for asking to sit where we wanted to sit. I'd made reservations well in advance and made a note that it was my boyfriend's birthday There was no mention of that, or basically anything. It was a miserable dining experience. We couldn't wait to get out of there.
- Great food but I hate being ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The food here is outstanding! Had potato gnocchi that simply amazing! But we were ignored all night...practicality had to beg for ice and refills.. Just for that I wouldn't run back any time soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always have a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014always have a great experience at this restaurant. food is delicious and the service ids generally top notch. the service was a little lacking this time but nothing really bad just not as good as pay experiences. the atmosphere is nice but still fairly casual. this is my favorite place to go. I love the gnocchi with sage cream sauce.. awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time, we almostMuscioDined on 2/14/2014We had a great time, we almost didn't want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife was delighted withlocalDined on 2/14/2014My wife was delighted with the sea bass, I enjoyed the new York in a peppercorn sauce, we shared a salad. all was good, was a busy night (valentines) was a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealsGrseafood2Dined on 2/14/2014old charm atmosphere located downtown beautiful Turlock. This small central valley town is home to numerous restaurants, however Bistro 234 has the most exquisite selection of foods. The head chef creates mouth watering dishes from chicken marsala to perfectly grilled salmon or halibut. It is a dining experience that is perfect for a romantic evening. Nice wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.