222 S. Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro-222.com/
- Phone: 8014560347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Jewell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our management team for catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact our management team for private dining information.
A word from Bistro 222
Simple yet elegant food, An upscale yet casual environment and a fantastic team of hospitality professionals. That’s what you can expect from Bistro 222. We offer a full bar, 80 bottle wine list and a seasonal contemporary American menu. Bistro 222 is a LEED Certified restaurant set in the lobby of the 222 Main building. Sit and enjoy our beautiful floor to ceiling windows that look out onto historic Main Street, from the comfort of one of our many high back booths.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bistro 222 - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bistro 222 reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (26)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (15)great for lunch (15)scenic view (14)good for groups (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It's good.AmsterdamDined on 9/17/2014Everything about it is good. Not my favorite, but good. I didn't have any complaints, but I wasn't "wowed" by any means. It is very clean and well decorated, but it also seems just a bit hollow. The food was not bad, but also not my favorite. One notable benefit is that the menu is overall relatively affordable, so it's the perfect place for meeting someone, or for a business exchange. My favorite thing about it is the location. Everything you would ever want to see in downtown Salt Lake City is within walking distance. The Bistro 222 is really central in the small corporate section of Main Street. It's a nice place; low key, which may be what you're looking for.Special Features:
- New discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent, quiet experience. Portion and service were good. A great find for those attending an event downtown or just dining downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistro 222TiburonDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food...will most definitely plan another trip to eat at the bistroSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree to the RescuedcacgsDined on 9/15/2014I was very excited to finally have time to try Bistro 222. I had such high hopes after reading a lot of hype about this place. I was a little...no, VERY disappointed. Our server was friendly and accommodating, but the food was a let-down. I ordered the corn chowder and Mexican corn for appetizers. The corn chowder was served over a black bean "salsa." Not only was the flavor of the chowder muddled, but the beans tasted like they were poured out of a can: dry and unseasoned. The raw red onion didn't go unnoticed, but didn't add a lot. When the word "Mexican" is accompanied by corn, I expect some kind of seasoning or spice. There was none. It was sweet and not what I wanted. My entree was divine: chicken and spaetzle. Thank goodness!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceLovin4horsesDined on 9/15/2014Met my mom for lunch here. Had their dine-o-round menu which was a bit disappointing as the entree was simply a grilled cheese but it was really great food. The staff was friendly and helped us immediately, we had great service the entire meal, we were sat at an awesome table and the experience was really awesomelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRilesDined on 9/12/2014Looking for a place to eat in Salt Lake, you need to try this one. The service was great, the menu a good variety and the food prepared as we ordered it.Special Features:
- Dinner al frescoMarathonManVIPDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed patio dining on a beautiful autumn evening. I highly recommend the butterscotch pudding with salted carmel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was good and it had a pretty wide variety of options. It wasn't crowded at all when we went, but the service was incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Outstanding Downtown SpotAndrewDined on 9/6/2014Modern and elegant interior, truly outstanding food. The pork loin chop was simply incredible. Plus, they have some of the best gelato I have had. We had peanut butter chocolate, pistachio and maple bacon. Yep, bacon gelato, it was smashing. Probably the best desert though was the butterscotch pudding over a bed of crushed Oreos. Unreal. This place is a must for foodies hunting for a cool downtown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooooo Good!goodfoodDined on 9/2/2014We loved it! The food was fantastic, every course! Beautiful presentation, wonderful preparation and OH…the flavors! The wait staff was attentive and friendly and we had a truly wonderful evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Late summer menu just so-soCCHackDined on 8/23/2014We've dined at Bistro 222 several times, and this weekend for the first time in a few months. They've changed the menu, and everyone's meal was just sort of ok, not great, not terrible. They took one of our party's order incorrectly, and so he had to wait for his meal while we started on ours. The trout was good, but surrounded by a bizarre (but pretty) melange of uncooked veggie strips that were inedible. I can't imagine what they were thinking except, hey, this is easy and cheap, let's do this. I might wait for a winter menu before I go back. They used to have a lovely short rib lasagna that was quite good but it's been off the menu for a while. perhaps they have a new chef? new owner?I would recommend this to a friend.
- utefanDined on 8/23/2014Service and atmosphere were fantastic - Eclectic menu - great specials - perfect portion size - Highly recommend this for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014My new favorite restaurant. New York is a must. Great appetizers. Try the fish tacos. Great salad. Dessert options have been delicious and a new variety each time. We will return often.Special Features:
- Great venue, food could be amped upAdamVIPDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant space is gorgeous and well appointed. Our server (Tony) was perfect. He was knowledgeable about the menu and was happy to share his opinion when we asked about specific items. We got olives and the popcorn apps, which were solid. I had the wedge salad and daily pasta. Each of those was lacking something to push them over the top. Perhaps a zip of citrus on the salad, or a parmesan crisp or small piece of grilled bread with the pasta would have done the trick. My dining companion felt the same about his salad and entree. Decent, but not quite matching the space.Special Features:
- Surprisingly wonderfuldebnajdVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food was fantastic. We had the Meatball appetizer. It was so sweet and flavorful, it was almost like eating dessert. Also got the calamari appetizer. The sauce it come in is delicious. Ordered the prociuto pizza - great bread dough, cooked wonderfully in the woodfire stove. And ordered a lamb noodle dish. Lamb was so tender it fell off the bone, pasta is made in-house and tastes so fresh - great dish. We had fantastic service. Server was great at explaining how each dish was prepared when we were making our menu selections. Service was great throughout the meal too. Food was so good we will return.Special Features:
- Great timechapmansDined on 8/2/2014We had a great dinner and service - they had fresh heirloom tomatoes that were to die for and also a great chicken bite appetizer! Hanger steak was awesome and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Small PortionsLunchEaterDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, but the portions were too small by half.Special Features:
- Untrained serverFoodsnobDined on 7/29/2014The food here is good. Our untrained wait person made the experience a disaster! Waiter no. 4 failed to write down our order the first time and got it wrong the second time. Then it took over an hour to get our food. We all had appointments after lunch and had to phone in with excuses. A Disaster!Special Features:
- Nice!rootsDined on 7/25/2014Went to lunch with friends and it was a nice experience. The food was excellent and the service was good. Great for lunch and recommend to anyone downtown.Special Features:
- First time tryinglimarantoDined on 7/19/2014The food was very high quality and fresh. The food was worth the price. Not very kid friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Left HungryTheLegalFoodCriticDined on 7/17/2014Good service and ambience. The problem was insufficient food for 2 adults and 1 child yet $50 food ordered. The quality was tolerable to fine (dish dependent). I ordered the New York Steak Sandwich and a bowl of the Turkey soup. For a $6-8 dollar bowl of soup, I was brought this good size bowl which tapered to a much smaller size towards the bottom and only the narrow bottom had soup in it. When I stood the soup spoon up in the bottom of the bowl the soup only covered about half to two-thirds of the round part of the soup spoon. The $16-18 special on the nocci (sp?) was the same amount and left my friend hungry. The chicken bite appetizer seemed dry and burnt. The child's pizza was best, good, and seemed reasonable in size.
- Great lunchCoupleExplorersDined on 7/14/2014Sandwiches, salad and french fries were delicious. This was a great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodie222Dined on 7/12/2014Food was delicious and filling. Had a fun clean atmosphere. They were definetly short handed though on a Saturday night. The hostess was nice enough to help out with refilling our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY impressed!!!Southfork312Dined on 7/12/2014Every bite of everything was outstanding! The wedge salad, field greens, fish tacos, pork chop, Long Island iced teas, dessert...all fantastic. Portions were perfectly sized. We've paid much more for food that didn't come close. Go there. It's great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown OnoCPFOODDined on 7/1/2014A very pleasant dining experience. Every course was excellent with good size portions.Special Features:
- JohnBDined on 6/29/2014Consistently good . Have been here for brunch and dinner . Reasonable size portions . Interesting menu. I recommendSpecial Features:
- Wonderfuljtfdez5VIPDined on 5/31/2014First time at this restaurant to celebrate my son's college graduation. The food was wonderful and the service was great. We live in California but will be visiting SLC to see our son. Bistro 222 will be on are list of stops.Special Features:
- Refreshing Dining ExperiencefoodaddictDined on 5/30/2014Me and my girlfriend came to try bistro222 out. We were pleasantly surprised. We normally don't get very good service and tend to not go out anymore but do enjoy trying new places. We did not feel stereo typed being a young couple. Our waitress was very informative and genuinely cared about us having a good experience. The food was on point and not over priced. The prices were surprisingly fair and welcoming to any budget. The wine list is spectacular. Bottles from across the world and prices to accommodate anyone. I will be visiting again and would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Bistro 222 reviews archive.
- First time....but not the last!JohnDVIPDined on 5/19/2014Excellent food and service in an inviting upscale setting. Moderately priced for lunch.Special Features:
- New To The Salt Lake Scene!maryDined on 5/10/2014We love this restaurant! It has all the requirements we like for fine dining. The space is open, décor is simple with shades of gray, the menu is short and simple featuring food that is fresh, seasonal and well prepared. We also like the quietness of the place--just some light jazz in the background. You can actually have a conversation here! There is a good wine list, featuring selections by the glass, and a special for the evening. There is also a substantial cocktail list and a menu of small plates--like fried chicken, pork riblets, deviled eggs to nosh on for a light meal. I had pork loin this time, grilled, and atop of medley of grits and vegetables. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Downtown SLC StandardDontCallMeAFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Eateries like this litter the downtown dining scene- but definitely not a staple or what's exciting about the up and coming SLC dining culture. They are popping up more quickly than the coffee/tea hipster hangouts, peppered with barbershop style mustaches and newsboy hats. Bistro 222 sell themselves short because they cater to the hipster population of SLC but if you dig a little more deeply have sophisticated flavors on their menu but labeled w/ names like the "hangover". There is just enough substance here to get you to try them, but not enough to have you coming back for more.
- Soup greatfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Excellent homemade soup and pasta had a delicious but still light mushroom sauce. Trout good as well and salad fresh and tasty. Overall great meal at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new gem in SLCMarinfeyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Love this place! Great food, fresh sustainable fish and you can tell the produce is fresh and local. They make the pasta in house along with all the dressings and sauces. The burger at lunch is mouthwatering. They make the burger from trim off their steaks and the tomato jam is a perfect addition to the burger and their hummus and avocado sandwich. At dinner don't miss out on the mussels the thai coconut broth is amazing. Nightly specials have always been a great experience, even if they sound strange the flavors mix well for an exceptional dish. The staff is knowlegable and kind. The manager has great wine knowledge and has a great selection. If the list seems overwhelming just ask the staff or manager for assistance with pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 222Yes4FoodDined on 5/2/2014The food was great, I had a chicken club sandwich and it was amazing. Slightly gourmet while still being accessible. It was very filling and more than enough for lunch... Comes with fries or a salad, and up charge to substitute for soup. My sister substituted for soup and loved the cauliflower soup of the day - spicy and creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SuprisedRDCarpenterDined on 5/1/2014In town for a convention and while walking downtown my wife and I stumbbled on Bistro 222. Amazing new spot in Salt Lake. Service and food were both well above indusrty standards. The most pleasant suprise was the Wine list and bottle selections. Great Job SommSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little busyDAlexDined on 4/24/2014We had very good meals but were left a bit hanging on service toward the end of our dinner, the server was overwhelmed by a large group. The wine selection is very good without being daunting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting but not WOWmountaintownfoodieDined on 4/23/2014Atmosphere was great-views of the city and mountains, fire place, comfy booths, open light. Soup of the day (Halibut and mussels in a white bean base) was fantastic. Fish tacos OK, great pieces of fish, lacking a special sauce. Want to try more items. Ginger lemonade was great. Service was mediocre, was at the table for over 7 minutes before being greeted. Server was rushed, each time he came to table. Did not deliver food. was helpful and knowledgeable about menu but each time he came to table he was rushed and apologetic-it was weird, because it did not seem that busy-I think all his other tables were on other side. I was with clients, so I am not sure how they liked their food. Food came out in reasonable time. Didn't seem like SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchIlovegoodfoodDined on 4/10/2014I ate at Bistro 222 for the first time, having lunch with a friend. The beautiful modern interior was unexpected. Service was excellent. Its hard to rave about soups and salads, so another experience might be more telling about the food quality. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a quick power lunchSumbumDined on 4/8/2014Great for a quick business lunch - we had salads and the service was fast, the food was great and not your typical salads. Very fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 222 Bistro is metropolitanmisseswissyDined on 4/5/2014Not too many places in Salt Lake boast this metropolitan setting. Beautiful glass curtain walls that go to the floor, allow you to see the city. We were there at sunset in the corner and it was lovely. With a smaller booth, you can sit by the fire. Great food, a little pricey, but worth the ambience. Also great for business lunches or dinner. If you park in the back terrace, you may have to walk around to the front of the building to get inside. It's a very secure building and after hours the doors lock.Special Features: