Bistro 2110 - The Blackwell Hotel
2110 Tuttle Park Pl
Columbus, OH 43210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 2110 - The Blackwell Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theblackwell.com/
- Phone: 6142472110
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: David Wolf
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro 2110 - The Blackwell Hotel
Bistro 2110 - The Blackwell offers one of the finest restaurants in Columbus under the culinary direction of Chef C. David Wolf CEC, AAC. Located in Pfahl Executive Conference Center, the restaurant's ambiance is complemented by its view of historic Ohio Stadium. The 2110 menu includes a wide array of American, European and Asian cuisine with fresh and local products and unique presentations. Restaurant guests can also enjoy complimentary valet parking. The Bistro 2110 also accepts Buck Id Blocks starting at 5pm daily, reservations are required, business casual dress code enforced. Please present your confirmation email upon arival.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 2110 - The Blackwell Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Very Pleasant EveningtakemeoutDined on 6/30/2014Monday evening on a holiday week, so very few patrons. The waiter was very helpful, especially in accommodating suggestions for a low carb meal. The food was very good, wait times reasonable, and we enjoyed looking at the University campus through the large windows. The music was soothing and appropriate volume. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner at Bistro 2110LuvgoodfoodDined on 6/19/2014We had a meeting across the street and it was our anniversary so we decided to give Bistro 2110 a try. Glad we did. We got there at at 5:30 p.m., therefore it was not crowded yet and quiet. Great appetizers, the special was scallops, outstanding and a great value. The plate presentations were beautiful. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Bistro 2110 - The Blackwell Hotel reviews archive.
- servicelexyDined on 5/20/2014So I went to the bistro for my twentieth birthday, ithey were cleaning the carpet so we couldn't sit in the actual restaurant. Understandable except that there are perfectly good times when the restaurant is closed to schedule the carpet to be cleaned. And we were not given the full lunch menu as they took thirty min to start us even though I had a reservation so they knew we were coming by the time we were seated they no longer actually served the lunch menu they only went from the lounge menu which is much smaller. The did itself was lackluster, and even the simple burger was extremely oily. Not a good trip will not be recommending this restaurant to anyone ever.
- Good environment, mediocre steakMisteryubDined on 4/25/2014The environment, service, and staff were great: professional, clean and timely. The presentation of the food was also really neat. However, the steak itself was very mediocre. I ordered a Porterhouse, but the bottom side of the steak didn't look grilled at places. It's almost as if it was boiled and then grilled. The taste was also mediocre. It was very coarse. It was a good medium rare though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badJeffDined on 4/25/2014Food was good although the waitress was a little slow in refilling drinks. There was one single loud person at the table next to mine who was shouting into his cell phone the whole time. I asked if they could move me but they were not able/ willing. It seemed that the one waitress was a friend of his as he kept her pretty busy. It seemed that the older you were the better the level of service wasSpecial Features:
- Disappointing2upset2eatDined on 4/20/2014I did not have a good experience. I made a reservation on Easter so my family and I could eat and use up my blocks. We arrive there, and are told that I cannot use my blocks at that hour, they are no good until five. We had gone last year before five and I used my blocks then. Also there is no where on the website saying I could not use them, and the person I talked to when confirming my reservation said nothing when I mentioned using blocks. Suffice to say we did not stay because I was counting on using my blocks and did not bring enough cash with me. It was upsetting, and the staff did not seem to care. They seem to have a lack of communication. I will not go back to a place that has so little regard for the students it hosts.
- Campus area lunch meetingMichaelVIPDined on 4/15/2014Service is ok. Food is just ok. Location is convenient for meetings with prople in the OSU Campus area. Parking is good.Special Features:
- The Blackwell provides a greatOSUDINERDined on 3/31/2014The Blackwell provides a great lunch getaway from the office. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdaptabilityhungryVIPDined on 2/26/2014I asked the server for the special without white sauce. She immediately responded of course. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingLauraDined on 2/15/2014Went to the Blackwell when they had their valentine's day menu and it was pretty sub-par. Maybe their real menu is better? Desserts looked good from what other people were getting, but we didn't end up ordering any. Service was fine but definitely not overly-friendly.
- Didn't feel the loveFoodfanDined on 2/14/2014Our server told us no changes could be made to the preset menu. My glass of wine arrived after our appetizers. My husband found a large chunk of honeydew melon in his caesar salad. My app, the only highlight of my meal, was taken away before I had finished. Our dinners arrived (from the manager) a few minutes after the apps even though we clearly were still working on the apps. When we asked if she was boxing it she said she threw it out assuming I finished (there was more than a quarter of it left). She gave a simply Sorry & told us the fortunate thing is that app is on their everyday menu so we could come back and have it any time. After ordering, we heard the table behind us order from the normal menu despite being told that wasn't poss
- Wouldn't spend real money heresklowe0713Dined on 2/14/2014As a student at OSU, we can use our meal plan at this restaurant. The food is usually lukewarm, the service is slow, and the room has an awkward set up with structural beams throughout. I would never eat here with money that I could spend elsewhere.
- Enjoyable eveningdsrtwittVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food at Bistro 2110 was outstanding. Special menu for Valentines but I am sure the food quality is always high as it was on our visit. The only disappointing part is the dining area is very plain and doesn't have the classy feel to match the food.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Limited menuCMPatroneDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food. Limited menu due to Valentines. Would very much like to return to fully experience regular menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchRedheadrnDined on 1/25/2014Not that impressed with the selection on the menu. The water for tea and the food were only lukewarm on arrival to the table. Because of weather there were only two or three other tables and some seemed to be serving themselves (we didn't see a buffet set up) so there was no excuse for the food not being hot. Doubt we'd go back.
- Meeting placeMiloDined on 1/24/2014This is a wonderful place to meet, whether for business or casual. My family comes from different parts of the state, and we meet here for lunch or dinner. It's the perfect place for catching up and great conversation. The restaurant is spacious, so you don't feel like you're part of the dinner party next to you, which is the part I really like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bistro is a great spotBCB84Dined on 1/17/2014The Bistro is a great spot if you happen to be in The Ohio State University area. It is both convenient and highly consistent in all that it offers. It is an appealing gathering spot for a meeting over lunch or dinner, and the buffet it offers from breakfast going forward is always a very complete (and very economical) option. Often you will also see a number of "notables" joining you in the room. An excellent, and well-managed choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The buffet is very reasonablyDonnaDined on 1/16/2014The buffet is very reasonably priced. It is always different. I love the variety of flavors. I try food I would not normally order. Even the house made potato chips are delicious. And who could resist the included dessert bar?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and various menuKateDined on 1/1/2014This was our first time to the Blackwell and it was very good, albeit quite. We were there for New Year's Day and were the only people in the restaurant. The wait staff was friendly and courteous. The menu was somewhat off-beat, but totally delicious. We had a great experience and will be going back soon!Special Features:
- Great food!HungryVIPDined on 12/31/2013We were surprised to find last minute openings in the 7:30 time slot on New Year's eve. They were under staffed so our service was a bit slow, albeit friendly and professional. The food was great! My wife had duck and I had trout. Both were prepared wonderfully.Special Features:
- Just okay.TessADined on 12/31/2013We went out for New Year's Eve hoping to have a classy, but moderately priced meal. The food was just okay. My ribs were very fatty, as was my husbands steak. The real gem of the meal was the creme brûlée and Graeter's ice cream. I did, however, love my house salad with fruit and pecans. While our waitress was very nice, she seemed uninformed and the service was very slow. The restaurant was almost empty, but our food still took over 35 minutes to arrive. I would not come back here, for the price, it just wasn't that great.Special Features:
- New Year's EveRoz1Dined on 12/31/2013This was out first visit and everything was delicious and service was excellent. Food was not only good to the taste but good to the eye- creative presentations. We will certainly return and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service-hard on mealplanBryanGoBucksDined on 12/12/2013The food and service at this restaurant were both excellent. I'm an OSU student and treated my family to dinner to use up my remaining meal plan blocks so I wouldn't lose them. I was disappointed that at this restaurant they only gave me 50% of the value of my meal plan blocks (a $5 block = $2.50).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was phenomenal!acddDined on 12/2/2013The waitress was phenomenal! The food was very good as was the dessert. I used my meal plan for both members meal. It was a separate menu for the meal plan people which I thought was rude and limiting. If they are going to have a specific menu for meal plans, the amount of blocks each menu piece is should be on the menu, not the dollar amount, including the special. We ordered the special and went off the sign's dollar amount not knowing it was really 20 blocks each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to the Blackwell with a MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2013Our experience at Blackwell was not worth the praise that it has been given. The fact that we could not add another person to our reservations was a bit upsetting due to the fact that we were seated at a six person table with only five people. The waiter was nice but did not seem to be very pleased being there working. We were very displeased that we were not informed about the $12.50 fee for the dessert buffet. The waiter never told us how much we were paying for it, until we got our bill. We also were never given the choice to buy from the actual dessert menu. After getting the bill, it did not show exactly how many blocks we were going to be spending at the time of signature and purchase. We won't be coming back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great Food but Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013This restaurant was very fancy and fun for a night out. Unfortunately because the tip is included in the meal my waiter did not pay much attention to me. He got our food order and said bread would be out shortly, but the bread never came. Then he only brought us our food when it was done being cooked and brought us our check long after we had finished eating. The service was poor and not friendly, but on the other hand the food was very delightful. The chiefs really know how to cook and all the food had great flavor to it! As long as you don't mind a busy and unfriendly waiter, then I would recommend the Bistro if you're in the mood for some good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timeOSUDINERDined on 11/12/2013This was my first time trying Fish and Grits and it was great.Special Features:
- Blackwell Weekend BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2013Very good food selection for a brunch......value at $12.95 that includes your drink. Free valet parking with validation. Nice brunch location on campus that has nice views of campus from the window seats. Nice that they take reservations for brunch. It will be our to go to location for weekends mini meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very good, butcDemzDined on 11/2/2013The food is very good, but not a full 5 stars. Definitely a solid 4 stars though. The service staff are really nice, but not particularly attentive. They come by repeatedly to ask how everything is going, but they seem to miss the standard protocol of wait staff- you bring fresh drinks (or at least ask) as soon as they look to be nearing empty. I had a completely empty glass on the table for a good twenty minutes (the waitress came by multiple times) before I had to ask to get another coke. I realize that its a small thing, but to me, it really shows how competent the wait staff is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THE BISTRO AT THE BLACKWELLrissDined on 11/2/2013The food was absolutely INCREDIBLE. It was a great experience, everything I ate was delicious. The service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for vegetariansrebmarDined on 10/30/2013The buffet, which would be nice for groups that need a quicker lunch, has very little for vegetarians. The menu is not much better. It sure would be nice if there were more choices. I like the Leek soup, but I've had it the last three times I was at the Blackwell.
- Bistro 2110KappDined on 10/12/2013On a trip to OSU recently, we stayed at Blackwell's hotel and decided to take advantage of the on-site restaurant for dinner and for Sunday brunch. Both meals were outstanding. Dinner featured a varied menu. We enjoyed the Blackwell salad, a dinner special of rainbow trout, and a special chicken hominy soup. The next morning, we enjoyed the brunch buffet. The omelet and waffle bar was well-stocked, and the buffet featured everything you could want for breakfast, including lots of fresh fruit. What really made Bistro 2110 stand out was the extraordinary and attentive service. Servers are all OSU students, and they were all friendly, helpful, and delightful. We would stay again and enjoy this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fancy restaurantDansDined on 10/12/2013A great restaurant to dress up and go out to with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner's DelightOSUDINERDined on 10/11/2013The Blackwell is great for business breakfast or lunch. I would imagine dinner would be pleasant as well. The prices are great which also adds to the overall experience. One of the best things about the Blackwell is the dining options. You can be fully satisfied by ordering the salad bar, the full buffet, or from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch before footballGlenncincyDined on 9/28/2013Good for a chance to take our daughter out for her birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place on campusJodiDined on 9/17/2013Anyone looking to dine on campus should absolutely check out Bistro 2110. Service is good, location great, they have valet parking and will validate if you dine there, and food is better than campus average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1. Good food. Bad portions.EaterDined on 8/31/20131. Good food. Bad portions. I got the sirloin and could have eaten probably 3 of those meals. Especially the desserts. A little overpriced. 2. Why is ordering food with blocks so much more? I already was annoyed with the portions but the bill more than doubled when I switched from cash to blocks? If the block prices were the same, I would be significantly more likely to returnSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceosu4502Dined on 8/28/2013I hadn't eaten at the Bistro for a long time and had forgotten how good the food and service was. The presentation of the food was outstanding and prepared well. The Buckeye waffle dessert was delicious. We'll be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.