Bistro 1860 Wine Bar & Spirits
1765 Mellwood Ave
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 1860 Wine Bar & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro1860.com/
- Phone: 5026181745
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (bar opens at 4pm), Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (bar opens at 4:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French American
- Executive Chef: Michael J. Crouch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Custom Menu's available for a minimum of 25. For more information contact restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Kayrouz 5026457945
A word from Bistro 1860 Wine Bar & Spirits
Bistro & Wine Bar with a focus on Small Plates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bistro 1860 Wine Bar & Spirits - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Bistro 1860 Wine Bar & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (46)notable wine list (43)romantic (43)good for groups (19)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good Find!bikerchickDined on 9/5/2014Bistro 1860 delivered! Extensive food and wine menu. Nightly specials may be a little overkill given the regular menu. Everything was very good. Server was efficient as well as bartender. Loved the concept of having three (à trois niveaux) portion sizes. Bite size, appetizer or entrée size. It really gives you an opportunity to try a lot of menu items and not break the bank. Loved it enough to go back again.Special Features:
- Food good, service less soKdanielkDined on 9/5/2014Food fantastic. The options for portions are fun. The service did not live up to reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs.Jonh WillaimsonBanderDined on 9/4/2014Loved this place. Our waiter, Marty. made the evening for us. He was wonderful and I love to laugh, be with friends, and eat great food. I would recommend Marty to anyone who enjoys a great waiter with a great personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodie2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed our meal very much. A special capese salad, escargot,salmon crquettes, parpadelle. Waiter friendly did not hover. Decor of dinig very pretty. Outdoor patio with live jazz.Special Features:
- Tommy31Dined on 8/25/2014Everything was delicious: crab cake, lobster hush puppy, scallops, ahi tuna, ribeye, busses sprouts and red potatoes were all awesome. Seems like you can't make a wrong decision here. Their outdoor dining is great, but the weather was bad and I was just as impressed with the inside. I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor servicepaul15Dined on 8/25/2014I looked forward to dining at Bistro 1860 because I had heard positive comments about the food. My wife and I tried six different courses and we enjoyed what we ordered. There was a problem when I specifically asked for the duck dish to be served medium well and it was served rare. (management did remove the cost of the dish from the check) We had to ask three different waiters to bring side plates because our waiter was no where to be found. Bottom line, the food was very good, the service was poor.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, great serviceArchieDined on 8/22/2014My wife and daughter recently dined here and raved about it. Since my wife and I were going to be in Louisville for a meeting, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. The quality of both food and service were great. Our server (Erica) was both personable and knowledgable. I now put this with Jack Fry's as my favorites for fine dining in Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GdmealDined on 8/22/2014We had a very pleasant experience. Lamb chops was the best entree at our table. Cozy decor. We definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Blew me away!DatenightrulesDined on 8/21/2014I loved the different portion options as well as the actual food choices. There were many fresh and interesting combinations of flavors, and Chef Mike was so available to answer questions and make sure that we were happy that I teased him, wondering who was cooking the amazing food?! I was particularly happy we saved room for dessert, as this was the best part of the meal. Hubby had the ice cream flight and I had some chocolate almond thing that can only be described as pure awesomeness in a little cup. The staff was fantastic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro 1860LisaDined on 8/21/2014First and foremost, the service was outstanding. Awesome wine list! Loved the three portion sizes and prices. This way you can sample several of their tasty dishes. Lobster hush puppies are a must! The night we were there, they had mussels on the menu and they were described favorably by my friend. I had the scallops and they were delightful! A little on the pricey side but all in all a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!!chiefPADined on 8/21/2014I chose this restaurant for the outdoor seating for a dinner with a group of friends. Turned out to be such a hot,muggy night that we sat inside. The ambience was so comfortable, the food was beautiful, tasty, and the service was wonderful. My friend had a sleeveless top on and must have been rubbing her arms so someone came and wrapped a fleece shawl around her shoulders. We were invited to look at the upstairs before we left. It is such a cozy, colorful space, perfect for a small party or group of friends to have an intimate space. The only thing I regret is that we missed sitting outside under the trees with cool lighting to set a beautiful mood. I will definitely be back and have already recommended it several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bistro at its bestdinnerdateDined on 8/20/2014We were a party of five on a Wednesday evening celebrating some of our many good fortunes. I decided that We should try the Bistro 1860 which had been recommended by several friends. We were not disappointed! One of the finest restaurants I have visited in my 81 years and we are a family of global living. To be with two of my four daughters and their spouses is always a special event and to complete the evening with such fine dining was a memory maker. We will indeed be back!Special Features:
- Very Good, But...GretaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything at 1860 was very good, but for the prices it should have been over the top. Thirty-six dollars for three scallops should have come with a few something elses! There were too many specials, they ran out of the specials we did want by 7:30 pm and it was so loud in the dining room you could not hear table conversation. The bar man whipped up a great speciality drink that sang of summer and the place was packed. Fun, loud, great wine list and every knew everyone else. It was Louisville after all!Special Features:
- Amazing foodFancyfeastDined on 8/15/2014Amazing food, the waiter was very helpful, and the owner was seating people so our needs we're very attended to. We tried the App portion of most of the meals and that seemed to be the best way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerben9035Dined on 8/13/2014I took my girlfriend for her Birthday. The staff was exceptionally courteous. We were given a thorough overview of the menu along with specials and personal recommendations. The Marlin sashimi appetizer was insanely good, as was the Lobster hush puppy and Oyster on the halfshell. The crab cake was a little doughy for me, but good none the less, though out of the four appetizers we sampled, it was our least favorite. We then got the house version of a Caprese salad, which we split. The huge plus this dish offered was the 20 year balsamic along with very juicy and ripe heirlooms. I had the Rack of Lamb, and she the Diver Scallops with roasted potatoes. We also got chocolate almond and sea salt desert, and some peach ice cream. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DW1943Dined on 8/11/2014Has been a good restaurant for fairly long time. Under new name in recent years the quality of the food has moved up to very good! Plan to keep coming from time to time.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Mommabird224Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere and the best Bloody Mary I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Louisville.amealandasongDined on 8/9/2014Having relocated back to Louisville, from NYC, we were missing having that "go-to restaurant" when really pining for some top-notch cooking. We've now found it. The tiered pricing options give one a chance to experience everything the chef has to offer, and believe me, you WANT to experience EVERYTHING. Romantic atmosphere, excellent staff, and a good spirit list are all accompaniments for this marvelous meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Blew The Top Off!! This spot is SUPER LEGIT!! They do a great job of giving you the opportunity to try every menu item in specific sizes. This place is a must so please treat yourself don't cheat yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu dinner for twoMissBDined on 7/31/2014An impromptu get together with a friend and we really enjoyed the whole experience. A well informed and enthusiastic server , Lauren, was clear about her favorite food items as well as about our ( 1/2 price before 7.00 p,) wine selection. We both like the small bite portions ... The opportunity to try a wider range without feeling stuffed. I had a grapefruit and avocado salad with delicious dressing and not too overloaded. Then I got persuaded to try one of the seemingly endless " specials" an upscale corn dog or as our server put it " sophisticated fairground food" it was delicious' a light batter with a pheasant sausage inside. We finished our meal sharing a heavenly chocolate/citrus pot du creme, topped with sea salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Highlands78Dined on 7/30/2014First visit to this restaurant. Liked how the options are set up so that you can choose how large of a portion you want. Works out well to be able to try more dishes ... There were many more that we want to try next time we are there. Good was delicious! We sat inside but the outdoor patio area looks very nice, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Find!LouisvilleFoodie1Dined on 7/29/2014This Resteraunt rocked my culinary taste buds and left me wanting to lick my plates clean!!! The Lobster Hush Puppy and the chocolate and blood orange pots de creme were absolutely breath taking!! Definitely will be returning very soon!!!!Special Features:
- Nice dinner spot!BrodyDined on 7/28/2014Service started a little slow, but turned out to be great. Very friendly staff. I enjoyed the choice of 3 differenct sizes for most items. Great tenderloin filet that cut with a fork. Salmon was good too. Group next to us was pretty loud, but having a good time. I'd suggest seating groups of more than 4 away from the 2 partySpecial Features:
- Well worth a tryKingcatrocksDined on 7/28/2014Had a great meal and the menu had three prices far every item, taste, appetizer, and entree. Everything we tasted was outstanding. With 1/2 price wines on Monday and great weather it was nice to sit outside. The only shortcoming was the traffic noise, but that is to be expected in an urban setting.Special Features:
- tigerDined on 7/26/2014It was a great evening. Danny was great. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and Coollky4greatfoodDined on 7/21/2014This is a great fine dining experience. Wonderful new variations on traditional American cuisine. it well deserves the high ratings it's gotten in the media. Historic home setting blends in with a great restaurant experience. Eat the great bar for a more informal experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacetaziaDined on 7/18/2014greeters were very friendlie our waiter Charlie was great the food was wonderful and the chef came around to see how we like the food. Will go back.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMikeDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time eating here since our previous favorite restaurant in Louisville, L&N Wine Bistro closed. I went in trying to not compare the two and I walked away pleasently suprised. I had the Lobster Hush Puppy to start and let me say next time I wll definetly get more than one of these best thing I had all night. For my entre I got the Crab Cake, Pork Belly Taco and Roasted Red Potatoes. The Crab Cake was perfectly cooked with plenty of crab, the Pork Belly Taco really wasnt for me. I am not a huge fan of salty food and this was just a little to salty for me, again this is just my taste preference. The Roasted Red Potatoes were out of this world when paired with the bone marrow butter. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Food was excellent & the service was very good. The waiter was very knowledgeable of all the sizes & foods. His recommendations were excellent.Special Features:
- One if the best in LouisvilleLvillefoodloverDined on 7/10/2014We've eaten here twice so far and each time it has been outstanding. The food is creative, interesting, and impeccably prepared. I love the three size options. I've gotten two small, a medium, and a side each time. The toro sashimi is outstanding -- I'm a sashimi snob and I haven't had better sashimi anywhere in Louisville. My husband had the pork chop special and he can't stop talking about it -- the best thing he's ever eaten. It's also worth noting that the owner and hosts are Great! Very accommodating and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScheibelDined on 7/9/2014Pricey, pretentious and overly ambitious. The menu would make Proust tingle but didn't translate from page to plate.Special Features:
- Good but slowwandwDined on 7/5/2014Service was okay. The food was very good. However, it took a very long time for the appetizers and dinners to arrive. It seemed like a lot of the time, the waiters were standing around waiting on the kitchen which was surprising since a chef was out walking around in the dining room on three occasions while we were there
- 10/10BRD1Dined on 7/5/2014Lobster hush puppies and the duck were insane good.
- spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Started the moment Daniel, our waiter, arrived. The best food ever - vast menu choices, and I love the small, medium, dinner portion sizing. I shall return soon! I have high expectations and they were exceeded. Well done Bistro 1860!Special Features:
- 1860JosephDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, but the portions were too small for prices charged.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a good experience and we continue to make it one of our regular spots for dining.Special Features:
- bring your ear protectionPopsVIPDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant has nice outdoor dining patio,unfortunately it is also a very busy traffic area.In the time it took to dine there approximately 1 1/2 hours we witnessed a police car with sirens blaring, a fire truck sirens blaring additionally an emergency response vehicle sirens also at full blast and multiple 18 wheelers, Harley Davidson motorcycles revving there engines.Conversation was almost non existent due to the constant issues with traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'reunion' gatheringEllenVIPDined on 6/14/201412 grade school and college friends were able to meet and eat at 1860 Bistro. The evening was perfect for this event and we will return.Special Features:
- dlv24dlv24Dined on 6/13/2014Had a great dinner on patio and great food and drinks. Came to restaurant from Cleveland and would come back on our next trip to Louisville.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014We are from NJ and saw the reviews on open table and decided to try it. Bistro lived up to the reviews. The entire meal was outstanding and the staff was exceptional. A must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.