161 Main St
Flemington, NJ 08822Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro161nj.com/
- Phone: 9087825947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30pm – 2:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm – 8:00pm,
Covered outside Patio available April through October, please specify as special request when making reservation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fred Mannino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Personal wines welcome
A word from Bistro 161
Since the doors were first opened in 1969, Bistro 161 of Flemington, New Jersey has employed a strong passion for life and the culture and cuisine of Italy. Salvatore Mannino, the founder of Bistro 161 wanted a restaurant that provided excellent food with a classic atmosphere. Today, Fred Mannino, graduate of the The Culinary Institute of America (1974), now leads the staff as head chef and current owner of Bistro 161.Since 1969, our reputation for fine Italian cuisine, relaxed atmosphere and our courteous staff has remained strong. Great service, a classic ambiance, and fine Italian food are what we at Bistro 161 offer to our patrons. We hope you come and share our passion for food, life, family and friends at Bistro 161.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 161 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food OK...Service PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2013The servers at the Bistro leave something to be desired...Not at all friendly and not helpful!! We waited 2 hours for our entrees that were just so-so...It seemed that customers who had arrived much later than our party were being served much faster...The servers did not check back with our table after the food was delivered, so when we needed to refresh a drink it was next to impossible!! I would not recommend this restaurant for the number reason that service does matter!!!!!! And you won't find it here!! If you can't do it with a smile and without attitude than don't do it all...
- Great Date Night Out!table4twoDined on 5/18/2013Food was delicious and fresh! Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable. My husband and I enjoyed our date night, we will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fresh, but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Food was fresh, but nothing special. Overall, very ok'd school with a limited manual. Nice outdoor space.Special Features:
- Not a good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013One waitress working the Saturday night we went. Had half the sauce from my appetizer spilled down my arm when served to me One person ordered penne w/ vodka, another ordered penne no peas add chicken, and a third ordered rigatoni bolognese. One penne had peas and chicken and the other had neither. The rigatoni had the same exact sauce as the penne. Same exact taste, color, look. The kitchen confirmed that is the bolognese sauce. We politely refused the dish. The owner offered to make another dish but at this point everyone had finished eating and it was too late. He offered free desert. When the bill arrived, the rigatoni was not on there but the desert was, contrary to his offer.
- Good, Solid ItalianSpinmommyVIPDined on 4/20/2013Let me start by saying, I would go here again. However, it's no big whoop. I dined with my husband on a weekend night. It was pretty empty (although we did eat a bit early). The service was ok, the food was excellent. I had a special: shrimp with pasta in an alfredo-style sauce. I took home the leftovers because it was that good. My husband had a salad with strawberries & goat cheese…it was one of the best salads I've ever tasted. Other than that, everything else was mediocre. My husband had a meat entree and said it was ok (disappointing after such an amazing salad). If they can get some live music in there or some kind of scene, it would be more pleasant. Otherwise, the food needs to knock socks off every time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very much enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013Very much enjoyed the food and evening there. Will dine there again.
- Good local restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Nice food and atmosphere. Looks like they have a nice outdoor area so will return when it's warmer.Special Features:
- The food is fresh, simplejuleezeeDined on 3/2/2013The food is fresh, simple and very, very good, bordering on excellent. We liked the friendly service and nicely paced dinner, never felt rushed. The gorgonzola-fig appetizer would make a stellar dessert, minus the crostini and greens. The tapenade-oil dip was so delicious that we took some home. Portions are generous, almost to a fault, so share starters and desserts to fully enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- GREAT FINDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013This was truly a great neighborhood find, the food was amazing and the presentation was unreal. The only thing was the chairs were not so comfortable other than that I say go and see for yourself . Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great local restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Great local restaurant with friendly service and romantic ambience. It's BYOB, if that's a concern, but I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The mussels were plump andalwayshungryVIPDined on 12/28/2012The mussels were plump and delicious, the grouper and pasta were both good dishes. The decor needs a little oomph and the food needs to be a little more aggressive but overall, a pleasant winter supper.Special Features:
- Very nice meal. Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Very nice meal. Great service and hospitality. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- We dine here frequently.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2012We dine here frequently. A great place to go that is casual and close to home. An added bonus is that the food is very good.Special Features: