157 West Lincoln Way
Valparaiso, IN 46383Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro157.net/
- Phone: 219-462-0992
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Nicole Bissonnette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: No event is too large or too small. Years of experience have given us opportunities to cater intimate gatherings in guest's homes as well as large Hog Roasts for 600 people! We meet with our clients to custom create menus to personalize party themes.
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro 157 also offers a stylish banquet space at Venue by Bistro. It is available to rent any time of day. The heart of Venue's business is to create a flawless event pairing great food and libations in the appropriate setting for your guests. The setting is perfect for a cocktail party celebration, but can also be customized for business meetings and intimate lunch or dinners. Call to consult with of our Event Coordinators. Catering and Events, its our business. Let us help plan your next gathering and we will exceed your expectations!
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Bissonnette 219-462-0992
A word from Bistro 157
Located in historic downtown Valparaiso, Bistro 157 serves an internationally influenced eclectic menu in an upscale, but casually "hip" ambiance. Chef Nicole trained in France 5 years and brings to your table gourmet cuisine paired with wines from a Wine Spectator Award Winning list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 157 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Valparaiso's finestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014Wonderful downtown restaurant . Great place for quiet dining or small groups. Menu and daily specials are excellent .Special Features:
- A relaxing evening out.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014We look forward to our visit to the Bisto157. It is time alone for us. We look forward to our firs cocktail and hearing the specials the chef prepared. We have chosen the Bistro 157 because of their food choices and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time but not the lastPaulDined on 3/2/2014Went after a play on a snowy, early Sunday evening. We were the only patrons and as such were the center of attention. The waiter was very good as he gave us time to peruse the menu without being rushed. Food was very good, had the Indiana duck while my wife had salmon. By the time we completed our meal, the restaurant had filled up nicely. Even with the extra crowd, our waiter was attentive to our table. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always HappyGizmodog80Dined on 2/14/2014We are always happy with our dining experience at Bistro. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureMAC6VIPDined on 2/14/2014lovely menu with interesting tastes the service is friendly and helpful and knowledgeable and Nicole adds a personal touch of diner considerationSpecial Features:
- They accepted the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014They accepted the reservation and decided to close because it was Super Bowl Sunday. Our group was left hanging. Richard Zollinger
- Not on our list anymore..FIRSTTIMERSDined on 1/25/2014Very slow waitress! Warm bottles of beer. Overpriced. BOTH ladies got scallops and they were rubbery over cooked and sauce was way to sweet. One entree had five figs and the other one had none. Service was about the slowest we have had in sometime. I believe our waitress may have been also serving the 4 guests at the bar which she could not quit talking to. Appetizer should state serving for 1 because it was just that. Again I can not reiterate THE service was SLOW.
- The Cassoulet is WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013This is a seasonal entree that I anticipate every year during the winter. The flavors are layered and rich and the various meats almost fall apart because they are so tender. Classic comfort food at its best. Start with the escargot appetizer or the charcuterie appetizer, and then the Parisian salad, before before diving in to the cassoulet. Fit for foodies indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKikiDined on 11/15/2013As always 157 provided great service and delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its usual excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013I have dined at Bistro 157 several times. And was delighted to have my husband take me there for dinner for my birthday. We both ordered the specials. He requested that his brussel sprouts be replaced by any other steamed vegetable except squash and was given zucchini. Hmm, thought that was squash. My entree was the special salmon which was over cooked and very dry. Our waiter was just fair, very knowledgeable just not welcoming. I was very disappointed. I typically love the ambience but thought it was just off. There were young children running through the restaurant. Just overall, not at all like it usually is. Very unfortunate as we wont be hurrying back as there are too many other fine restaurants to select from.
- Very Good in ValpoBigDogVIPDined on 11/3/2013Found Bistro 157 online. Reviews were very accurate. Very good food for reasonable prices. Menu variety is also very good and service was first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Cozy...a tad bitNickDined on 10/18/2013Nice place. Cozy...a tad bit expensive. The dates are delicious!Special Features:
- Food was great. Only disappointmentKrisDined on 10/18/2013Food was great. Only disappointment was the service. It took 40 minutes to get our first drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special LuncheonLoreeDined on 10/16/2013I invited some friends from Chicago to come out to where I live in Chesterton and go out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. I picked Bistro 157 as I was there a few years ago and had a positive experience. The food was delicious and the service was awesome. Drinks, soup, salad, entree and dessert were very good. We made the mistake however of parking in front of the restaurant and as a result received a $15.00 parking ticket (even though we moved the car after 45 mnutes so as not to violate the 2 hour parking ordinance).Special Features:
- Love this place. Only minorLynneDined on 9/29/2013Love this place. Only minor fault..French Onion soup was a little to salty and a little to "thick". We prefer more broth. The salad presentation was marvelous. As stated above, we love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013We've been to Bistro 157 before and had really good service. Not sure if they had someone call off or what, but we waited for 20 minutes at our table before we were asked if we wanted to order a drink from the bar.Special Features:
- We go to many different restaurantsrobangnicDined on 8/2/2013We go to many different restaurants to experience the different offerings . . We were there at opening and despite it being empty it took a while for the help too come around, once they did though everything flowed pretty smoothly. The food was delicious. We had a chipotle oyster appetizer which was a new experience and well worth it as they were awesome. I had a fish dish which was cooked perfectly and very well presented . My wife had the rib plate which she thoroughly enjoyed. Our only disappointment was with the bread, like opening a bag of Wonder bread and putting a few slices in a basket. Not cool. I believe the total came out to 80 something dollars including a cpl. beers and IMO well worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013The food was excellent and the service was prompt but not intrusive. The place is small and it was full, so it was noisy and hard to have a talk across the table, especially since we were seated in the center and near the bar. Our appetizer was escargot which was presented in a cream sauce with garlic bread. It was very pleasant. I had the pork chop which was nicely presented on a bed of sweet potato puree and blanched vegetables. I thought the meat was a little bit over salted but it was great. My wife's grouper was crisp and flaky and perfectly done. Both our wines were perfect. Overall it was a good way to celebrate my wife's birthday. The cost is significant by not outlandish. With tip it came to just ove $100.Special Features:
- dependable quality both foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013dependable quality both food and service. my first choice in dining in Valparaiso areaSpecial Features:
- A Casual but Elegant GemnkeithfDined on 2/17/2013What a gem of a place! Excellent and interesting food, pleasant surroundings, helpful and friendly servers, comfortable ambiance... Casual but elegant. We came for a belated Valentine's dinner on a Sunday evening, and were pleasantly surprised to find the place 2/3 full...always a very good sign! We had been there once before, almost a year ago. The server we had had on the previous occasion walked past our table and said, "Good to see you back!" We were impressed with his memory. Our server this evening was equally pleasant, and the service was friendly but not intrusive in the least. Food was served at just the right times, at just the right temperatures. I had the escargot and cassoulet--excellent! And go for the bread pudding!Special Features:
- Very crowded and long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Very crowded and long wait for seating and service. This was because of Valentines dinner.Special Features:
- Well worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I have been going to Bistro for years, I never have the same meal and the food is always impressive, Very creative menu with well sized portion, nice presentation and great taste. Wait staff is always attentive and never overbearing.Special Features:
- Always great food and goodMargaretmarieVIPDined on 2/2/2013Always great food and good service. Never been disappointed. Locals often eat at the bar on Friday nights. Its a nice, white tablecloth kind of place And their bar is just as comfortable as the tables.Special Features:
- Seems to be the hotspot onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Seems to be the hotspot on a Friday night because not long after my girlfriend arrived the restaurant was full. The food was delicious and the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- This restaurant consistentlyMOsikaDined on 1/19/2013This restaurant consistently delivers with great food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Food was nicely spiced andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2012Food was nicely spiced and cooked as requested. The waiter was attentive but not obtrusive. It was an office party and we all had a nice timeSpecial Features:
- Very friendly and accommodating.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Very friendly and accommodating. We had a party of 8 and the table was ready when we arrived. The service was good but did have to wait quite awhile for our entrees. But when received everything was delicious. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- We've eaten at Bistro 157OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012We've eaten at Bistro 157 several times and have yet to be disappointed. The food was delicious, the wait staff pleasant and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere was relaxing. This is an excellent restaurant for a special occasion. Plan to spend two hours over dinner as the service is leisurely-paced and unrushed.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Food and drinks were excellent. Service was good and not pushy you were left to enjoy.Special Features:
- The food was so good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2012The food was so good and the service was great. Would come back again.Special Features:
- Waiter was very co-operativeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Waiter was very co-operative in putting together checks for four people that covered: Ladies 1&2 paying ours + 1/2 of Lady #3. Lady #1 paying all of Lady #4! Three of us had the duck breast and it was a bit over-cooked. i.e. "tough" The 4th order was deemed excellent. "Vibrant Bar Scene" was a bit of a misnomer on your form. "Chicago" Magazine's "Conversationally Challenged" would be more accurate. One solution might be a chat with the bar tender. Her "bray" was heardSpecial Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012This was one of the best meals that I have ever had. Starting with the pomegranate martini, to Rockefeller oysters, shrimp entree, and chocolate cake for dessert. I consumed alot because it was all so fabulous! Quite honestly a great little hidden gem. Small but to me....perfect!Special Features:
- This was not our first timeChrisdyVIPDined on 10/23/2012This was not our first time at Bistro 157 nor will it be our last. We are huge fans of chef Nicole's cooking and her artistry in her kitchen can not be compared with any other that I know of. She changes her menu to keep the interest and her execution of the items on that menu is amazing. This has been one of our favorites since she opened her doors years ago. The wait staff is wonderful and they are very conscious of your needs as guests at the restaurant. We are very blessed to have this wonderful spot in our city!!!Special Features:
- We select Bistro 157 for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012We select Bistro 157 for our special events such as anniversaries or birthdays. The food is alway great as well as the wait staff. The prices are very fair for the quality of food that you get. Always a great choice for an evening dinner with family or friends.Special Features:
- Great experience as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2012I always enjoy dinning here, great food and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Don't forget DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012My Husband and I recently moved to Valpo. With two children under 2, a nice dinner alone was a long time coming. This past Saturday my husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Bistro 157, and they did not disappoint. We enjoyed the atmosphere, wine, food, service and most of all dessert (the lava cake with gelato is AMAZING!!!). This place definitely lived up to the hype! We look forward to many more dining experiences a Bistro 157!Special Features:
- College Town Gem!SamsEatsDined on 9/15/2012What a great find in Valpo! The store front can be decieving as it doesn't look like much from the outside. Once through the doors and seated however, it will not disappoint. We started with cocktails made by our waiter. Generous and well balanced all around. Then we chose two soups - butternut squash and potato dill. Perfection in a bowl and both vegetarian. The fresh bread was served with butter and a whole roasted head of garlic for spreading. We should have asked for seconds on that. The salads were sized right, fresh, and the dressings tasted just made. My wife ordered salmon, a specialty that night and I went with bay scallops asparagus and wild rice. Coffee creme brulee and mango sorbet made the best ending to our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Food, service and ambianceajoybDined on 9/15/2012Food, service and ambiance were great! French onion soup and sushi sampler appetizer, along with scallops fettucine were fantastic. The kitchen had a bit of a challenge getting my bone-in pork chop cooked all the way through - but otherwise, no other complaints. Dessert was great too! Definitely a repeat destination.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2012Food was excellent, service was attentive. Quite noisy, though.Special Features:
- Grapefruit martinis were amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2012Grapefruit martinis were amazing and lunch was awesome.Special Features: