1401 SW 22nd Street
Miami, FL 33145Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro1401.com/
- Phone: 3059611799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Fabio Pizelman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistro 1401
Chef Fabio Pizelman's Bistro 1401 is neighborhood favorite and is located on the corner of SW 14th Avenue and Coral Way. The 40-seat eatery serves up traditional Argentinian dishes mixed with Italian inspiration. Fulfilling a life long dream, Pizelman and his partner revived the old Decadencia spot with the idea of serving up "gourmet, home cooking." The chef celebrates his own heritage -- you guessed it -- Argentine and Italian -- through the menu. All of the pastas are homemade, and diners can mix and match the pastas with a selection of slow-cooked sauces. People dining at Bistro 1401 will feel at home surrounded by casual décor and great music. Weekends tout live music with varying acts and groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 1401 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food is good. Service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/5/2012Food is good. Service could make such a difference in this little neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Was a big disapointment. DidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Was a big disapointment. Did not have two salads on the menu and the wine was overpriced. Could have eaten the same food at Sergio's for a lot cheaper. 18% tip was added to the bill without asking the customer. They should have asked.
- Location was less than idealMichelleEVIPDined on 6/5/2012Location was less than ideal and they were out of everything we originally tried to order, from the wine to both our entrees to my side item. The food was good when we finally found items they had available, but I don't see myself making that trip again.
- A hit - NOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Very small eatery - food was ok but nothing to write home about. There are other restaurants out there with better food, prices and better ambiance. Off street parking only. Not impressed at all....
- Come with lots of time and patienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2012Appetizer arrived after the main course. Waiter's assistant (busgirl?) didn't know English. Had to ask for cream for coffee several times. Many items in the wine/food/dessert menus were not available.
- Small but good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Small but great place for an intimate dinner. It is not that the place for a large gathering. The food was really good and the service was prompt and helpful. They could use another waiter.Special Features:
- THe food was good but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012THe food was good but very expensive! Also, it was 7:30pm on a Friday and they had already run out of things they had on the menu. We asked for various things (alcohol and food) of which they did not have any more, so we had to settle for what they had and ended up just drinking water instead of drinks. Not very good service in that sense.
- Food was ok. Prices are aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Food was ok. Prices are a little bit high for that type of restaurant.Special Features:
- The Bistro was small and cozy,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2012The Bistro was small and cozy, the food was superb, but the service was slow and unattentive to detail.Special Features:
- The food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/10/2012The food was good but not worth the price set for dinner.Special Features:
- The service was terrible andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2012The service was terrible and could in no way compensate for the poor food. The only thing that was good was the empanadas.
- Food is excellent. I am ArgentineanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Food is excellent. I am Argentinean and I can tell. The owner was also very pleasant. A great place for take out or eating in, day or night. I wish prices were lower though, but I will keep going to eat at Bistro 1401 every now and then. Definitely worth while!!!!! If you want to impress someone with exquisite food, this is the place. I took an American friend and she was amazed at how good Argentinean food is.Special Features:
- Cosy!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012Tasty Food!!! Had the flank steak with salad, caprese salad as an app and chocolate souffleBF had the seafood risotto - not as good as my dish - very reasonable - will go backSpecial Features:
- The pasta was amazing! HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2012The pasta was amazing! Home made! And the lamb and ricotta was to die for!!! Very home feeling place. Prices are very good for the quality and taste! Will definetly go backSpecial Features:
- Good place to chill out withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2012Good place to chill out with a piece of juice meat and some nice wine.Special Features:
- WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2012THE WAIT IS LONG BUT THE FOOD IS REALLY WORTH THE IT....FREQUENTLY VISIT AND NEVER DISAPPOINTED BY THE FOOD! GO WITH A SPECIAL SOMEONE YOU LOVE AND DON'T MIND SITTING AND TALKING TO ....ENJOY AND NICE ARGENTINE BOTTLE OF WINE AND DE-STRESSSpecial Features:
- Good food Argentina style.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Good food Argentina style. Service poor, there was one waitress for the whole place and a couple of helpers but it was not enough to provide good prompt service.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2012Good food and service. A bit cramped, but nice ambiance.
- limited and expensive menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012limited and expensive menu, very small restaurant that you could hear the kitchen noises. Poor service and they added 18% of gratuity!!
- Nice little restaurant, withgator959Dined on 3/10/2012Nice little restaurant, with good food and service. Our waitress was there on her day off to help out, and we would never have know, because she was so friendly to us.Special Features:
- Tje food was good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2012Tje food was good, not great. We got an obviously new waits who was still learning the ropes. She poured our entire bottle of wine into three glasses, and spoiled our desert all over herself.. But she gets the benefit of the doubt..i would returnSpecial Features:
- Worst experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The worst experience ever! We sat down at 9:15pm and after about 20 mins sitting without being acknoledge by the waitress we made several attempt to get the waitress attention but we were totally ignored. Several customers were upset at the service and were complaining about the poor service. The mood was totally embarrassing and several customers began leaving. At exactly 10:pm the waitress brings 4 empty glasses of water. At about 10:15 the waitress comes to our table and the table across from us and ask who sat down first so she can take their padres first. I asked the waitress is she could at least fill the glasses with water and she got angry. At this time we got up and left so did the couple at the table next to us. Horrible place!
- Food was great.... Owner aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Food was great.... Owner a little overwhelmed and abraisive to his staff... Good place but probably would not go there again, at least until they get more staff to handle their "busy" times...Special Features:
- The food was excellent. IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012The food was excellent. I had a lamb entree that was very juicy and succulent. Other members of my party had cuts of meat that were juicy and plentiful but not expensive. Recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurant withFoodiefusionistaVIPDined on 2/15/2012A gem of a restaurant with impeccable service, fresh and flavorful dishes, cooked and served with passion. I'll be back again and again....Special Features:
- Amazing Meat! If you like Meat GOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012I think this restaurant has huge potential to eventually be bigger than Grazianos in Miami. The food is amazing. The cuts of meat are the Best and the taste is amazing. They should sell their meat like a butcher. Seriously great food at a great price.Special Features:
- The food was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012The food was really good, the place is cozy (almost too cozy, tiny space and tables quite tightly fit together, but it's still pleasant)... I'm thinking they were short on staff last Saturday, however, as the owner (pretty sure he was the owner) was quite flustered while serving way too many tables on his own... still, everything was very good, although perhaps a tiny bit pricey for a neighborhood restaurant. Those sweet potato fries were a great surprise, though... and perfectly cooked!!! Not to mention the entraña... :)Special Features:
- very small restaurant, weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012very small restaurant, we felt rushed, servers were too busy to be attentive. food was good, has potential!
- The food was great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012The food was great, but the service not so. They only have one waitresses working the entire restaurant. At the end she brought us the wrong check and they were charging me more.Special Features:
- Good cuts of argentinian meats.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/27/2012Good cuts of argentinian meats. Felt a bit rushed to order but then service did not compare. It's a small location but worth trying it out. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- I took this time 3 of my closesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012I took this time 3 of my closes friends with me and they enjoyed the food and the service very much. They are planning to come back soon with their significant others.Special Features:
- It was a nice meal experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2012It was a nice meal experience. Part was reasonably priced one item was expensive and fair at best. They don't answer their phone , that is not for me. Everything had to been done on line.
- Avoid at all costsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011Horrible experience. The inside is overcrowded, waitress over-poured our wine causing it to spill - twice, the service staff was unbearably slow and unforgivably incompetent. This was a horrible, overpriced dining experience.
- nice place, good food, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011nice place, good food, but the service left alot to be desiredSpecial Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2011Wow. It’s truly that good. 1401 is a fusion restaurant selling Argentinian food with Italian influences (the owner/chef’s dual heritages). Our waiter was the chef, Fabio Pizelman: he enjoys tending tables 2-3 nights a week to get a better feel for what his customers like, don’t like, want, etc. We arrived late enough Tuesday that we were [effectively] the only customers. So I do realize that our service was perhaps slightly more attentive than it may be when the place is packed, but it was still a phenomenal place to eat. Chef Fabio’s food, service, and personality couldn’t be better.Special Features:
- The drawback to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011The drawback to this restaurant is that it has no parking lot or valet service -- only on-street, metered parking is availableSpecial Features:
- Food was very good. SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Food was very good. Salmon was as good as I have ever had.We sat outside, the street noise was alittle loud but we still like 2 B outside.Service was good and friendly.We will go back.Special Features:
- Good but not GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2011The food was good but not AMAZING! I really enjoyed my steak and it was really tender but the sides were dry and flavorless. We ordered Torta Argentina and I must say that it was Delicious! These thin crepes were filled with Dulce de Leche, rolled, and then flambeed with spiced rum! The space is small and cramped and it was difficult for anyone to walk around with more than 10 people in the restaurant at one time. The service was great and our server was extremely attentive. I was a little annoyed since there website states that on Saturday Evenings they have live music. The only music playing was that through their Audio System. Overall the experience was good but not great!Special Features:
- Sitting to close!SeasonsFanDined on 9/24/2011I wish it had a bigger space. The tables are so close to each other. Regarding the appetizers, it would be good if it were more select since most likely the entree will be a meat dish. The kitchen is immediate to the tables and felt claustrophobic with no privacy with the person i was having the meal with. I think it would be good as a lunch choice but not dinner.Special Features:
- Definitely give it a try.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2011We really enjoyed the food and the attention given to us on Friday night. The food was good and the dessert was delicious. We give it thumbs up.Special Features: