1130 Town and Country Crossing Dr
Town and Country, MO 63017Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro1130.com/
- Phone: 6363941130x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kevin Geary Taylor, Jr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We pride ourselves at Bistro 1130 in tailoring our flavors to our guests' individual needs. Chef Kevin is happy to meet and discuss menu options for catering events, whether you would like items directly from our dinner menu or something custom made for your special night.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room comfortably seats private parties of up to 40. It is the perfect intimate space for rehearsal dinners, showers, business networking, birthdays, or a simple get together without the distraction of other diners.
- Private Party Contact: Jorie Taylor 6363941130x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Select Saturdays
Call for specific dates and times.
A word from Bistro 1130
Bistro 1130 is a charming escape from the hustle and bustle of metro St. Louis life. The moment you step past our serene patio into the glow of warm bronze lighting you feel transported to an easier time... after which all you need is a glass of wine from our eclectic menu or a handcrafted cocktail to start the evening and you will truly feel as if you have left it all behind. Chef Kevin's ingredient driven, globally inspired menu utilizes rotating fresh fish boards as well as ever-changing steaks and chops paired with local seasonal ingredients to create entrees which will undoubtedly leave you with only one thought: what will we have next time?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 1130 reviews from OpenTable diners
- NYE DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I went here for our NYE dinner because the party we were going to after was near the restaurant. Now I know it was busy being that it was NYE, but they seemed adequately staffed , but service was SLOW after 5 minutes, order taken almost at 30 minutes, no water or wine refill, etc. She didn't even try to recommend a bottle of wine when I asked for a recommendation. I don't expect you to know everything, and I appreciate her sending the sommelier over, but our server did minimal work for the 20% tip we left on our $220 bill. I guess I'll go back on a slow night, because we did love the food, but their servers weren't prepared for a busy night, especially for how small the restaurant is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestauantAtkinsklDined on 12/31/2013I don't know of any restaurant that is as beautiful as Bistro 1130. The service is top notch and the food was fabulous. The only thing that could have made it better on New Years Eve was live music, but we still had a wonderful time! The sommelier really knew her stuff and was a joy to talk to. Her recommendations were spot on!Special Features:
- Looking forward to returningKjnussDined on 12/31/2013A great New Year's Eve pre-fixed menu with few but excellent choices. The wine steward made a superb recommendation. We had no idea they had been there for three years but we will soon visit again and add them to our list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealDisCERNingDinerVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been here quite a few times and they always serve a great meal. The board of fresh fish is a great choice. I also had the creme of mushroom soup which was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People Should Find This RestaurantOnTheRoadFoodiesDined on 11/30/2013We were very pleased to find this French restaurant in our neighborhood. The chef creates some very interesting combinations and pairings of flavors in each of his dishes. No detail is too minor. Very good all the way from bread to dessert and everything in between. More people should try this one. Your taste buds will appreciate the journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favoriteeatingriteDined on 11/23/2013Everything about this place was amazing. It has been 2 days sense I was there and I am still thinking about it. The food was prepared by an amazing chef. It is by far one of the coolest restaurants I have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was very tasty, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Our food was very tasty, and the drinks and service were great. The one thing we both found rather annoying was the chalk board approach to selecting entrees. We had to leave the table and stand in the middle of the restaurant to read the chalkboard. It seems it would be a much better idea to have the server bring the options to the table either by individual chalkboard or by printed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2013Located in a strange end of a strip mall we had a little difficulty finding the entrance, which you had to walk around what seems like the rear of the building to get to. The interior was well decorated, and only a few tables occupied on a Saturday night, so the volume was very reasonable. Diners are presented with several styles of presentations for their entree, which was somewhat interesting, but lends toward indecision which would work best. I'm of the opinion that should be decided by the chef, not the patron. The food selections we had were ok, but I felt it a little pricey for what it was. Wine by the glass was of decent quality, but again, $15/glass is getting on the steep end of the scale for just a "good" glass of wine.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013creative,solid food,soup,salad,choice of prep on fish all executed so well.i do not remember a dinner that was just so damn good.oh i had the Caesar salad and my wife had the creme brûlée for her salad course.happy anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience is terrificCathyDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant has great ambience. My food was mediocre but I made the mistake of ordering Thai cuisine at a French restaurant. Stick to what they do well and I think you will enjoy it. The service was a little rushed at the beginning but after we trained the waitress to slow down it ended up being very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurantLouEsqDined on 11/9/2013We went early after another mid-day event. Food and service were superb. Great outdoor area overlooking the water but it was too cold to enjoy that. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013This restaurant proves over and over again that it has the best food in St. Louis. Especially try fish specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2013I thought all the food was very good. The 3 people with me, thought their beef and lamb was slightly overcooked...not medium rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is fantastic....aRoxanneDined on 10/25/2013The food is fantastic....a great selection of fish, beef fish and authentic French cuisiner. Totally recommend this place. Also, very romantic for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Better Bistro: boffoJimboJamboDined on 10/22/2013Seldom do I make these evaluations, even rarer to give top grades, but our experience last eve at B.1130 was worthy of five stars. The server was outstanding. It felt like we were the only ones in the restaurant. A very low noise level. We like the menu options, called "Land and Sea, Styles: one from column A, one from column B. I had the trout risotto, the wife had the salmon picatta. Both were excellent. Portions are quite ample. One test of a good restaurant is the bread, which was quite good. I had a white Burgundy and a chard, both of which were very nice. An important point is that the restaurant is quite easy to get to from anywhere to the west, just off of 141 and Clayton. I would hope more people would find and enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimetherobDined on 10/19/2013Took my wife to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed ourselves. My wife loved the wine that served there and the food was great....didn't expect that big of a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food ands concept were12349875Dined on 10/15/2013The food ands concept were good. In good weather it overlooks a man made lake for a nice view.Special Features:
- Great Experience!BeauVIPDined on 9/28/2013Food and service were excellent. Great atmosphere! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceBethHDined on 9/26/2013Had to move reservation to later, and no problems. Very accommodating and friendly. Terrific service. Food was delicious, and so were the drinks. What more could we ask for? Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemdadofthreechesterfieldVIPDined on 9/21/2013This was our second visit to Bistro 1130. My wife and I have been blown away with the Outstanding Food, Service and atmosphere of this bistro in Chesterfield. Honestly, it has vaulted up to one of our top 5 places to eat in town. STRONGLY suggest you give this place a try. Have fun and enjoy.Special Features:
- 9/14Shb1Dined on 9/14/2013Food was great and atmosphere was too wait staff was very accommodating and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013We wanted a nice evening out with old friends - talk over a good bottle of wine and great food. Bistro 1130 was absolutely perfect. The service was understated and efficient. The menu is set up in a way that allows the guest to choose the preparation of the entree. With the guidance of our waiter, this allowed our table of experienced diners a little creativity in our meals, which was fun. One guest is a vegan and the Chef did an outstanding job for him. The risotto dish served was outstanding. We called ahead with his special meal requirements and we were certainly accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a little rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013Found this gem at the suggestion if a friend. Was very impressed by the quality of the food and the portions which seemed just the right amount. The combination of flavors on both the Bib salad and salmon were surprising and terrific. Wine list was more than adequate; quite good in fact. Only relative downside was the service which seemed a little rushed. Overall would definitely recommend this and plan to return. Have already suggested this to others.Special Features:
- one of my top 5dadofthreechesterfieldVIPDined on 9/7/2013Bistro 1130 was one of those places that I had driven by many times and I never realized it was there. My wife and I dine out every Saturday and wanted to try somewhere new. From the second we walked in the door we were amazed that this gem of an eatery exists in our typical suburban town. Food was off the charts and the service by our waiter Dan was terrific. What a great place for a date night or want evening out. We will be back soon and will tell many more about this excellent little place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique preparationsBobbieDined on 9/6/2013Great food and service. Have been there twice And been very pleased. Would definitely recommend Love the decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2013I have been to Bistro 1130 several time and it NEVER disappoints! Food, wine/drinks, and ambiance are exceptional! On this visit, we had the lamb chops, beef tenderloin, and crab cakes. All were perfectly prepared and were VERY tasty! This place has excellent seafood selections as well. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE LOVE BISTRO 1130 and haveLindaVIPDined on 8/23/2013WE LOVE BISTRO 1130 and have been there many times. It is always consistent. The service and the food are wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Whole FishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013we called ahead and spoke to the executive chef,good idea if u have special request and i did i wanted a whole fish tempura ,and they did not disappoint.FABULOUS,the wine that was recommended PERFECT,and the service EXCELLENT. the website is quite confusing so call the restaurant and ask for the executive chef .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013Great food, great service...very friendly. Everything was perfect!Special Features:
- The overriding factor of notJodiVIPDined on 8/10/2013The overriding factor of not recommending this restaurant is the prices charged for the items on the menus. Have been to many restaurants in this category but this one is out of line. Also not sure what type of restaurant it is trying to be. Can't comment on individual items because waited too long to do review to remember what was ordered.Special Features:
- bad overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2013Service was poor. Had to ask for bread and butter, had to ask for pepper, had to ask for fork. My wifes chicken was dry and chewey. My Frites is what you expect at local sports bar, but mine were cold.
- Mainly delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2013We ordered the French Escargot for appetizer, which was good, but the Puff Pastry Sticks it came with were delicious. I then ordered the blackened grouper, which was flaky and very, very good. My wife had the salmon En Papillote, which she liked, but which tasted somewhat antiseptic to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2013Our first time here and we were very pleased with this upscale restaurant. We liked the fact that you choose your protein and select the preparation. They did a fine job with off the menu requests as well. Steaks were prepared as requested. French onion soup is delightful and the cheese board was a highlight. We couldn't understand why the restaurant was not very busy on a Friday evening. It was a little pricey and could be a factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nobody there on a Friday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2013Nobody there on a Friday night, service could have been better, knowing it wasn't busy. Side Dishes came out after our meal was half eaten, One waiter during appetizers, layed the dish of Artichoke hearts down and said, "Compliments Of the Chef, then preceded to say it "was a mistake!" Just an Okay place, Food didn't stand out as great!
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2013Everything was fantastic! We love eating because of the food, the service, and the ambiance. The only thing I might add is updating the website on open table and bistro1130.com with the accurate seasonal menu. Also the music could maybe get a face lift.Special Features:
- Wonderful food / romantic settingKensingtonDined on 6/29/2013We love Bistro 1130. It's our top pick for a delicious dinner in a quiet, cozy and romantic location. Wine list is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2013Bistro 1130 has a slightly different take on classic French food in which you choose your entree, then decide how it is prepared. Once we got the hang of it I can see the flexibility in the menu. Beautiful room, very nice ambiance. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet food in a strip mallVacationerVIPDined on 6/16/2013This place is like a well kept secret. Who would expect gourmet in a strip mall anyway. The food is absolutely outstanding. Ina's a chance to sample the filet (with the optional duck fat - so decadent!) and the spring risotto with perfectly prepared scallops. Both superb. The interior is beautiful. Also not expected given the location. The only problem is that the place was almost empty. I've dined here twice, both admittedly week nights, but it was too quiet both times. My son said "why are there no people here?" His alarm system for food quality. Thankfully false alarm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wenesday Night DelightCharliecDined on 6/12/2013We had become creatures of habit - we eat out a lot and we had a routine of 5 or 6 favorite places we had fallen into a regular schedule with - if it was Wednesday night we were at Olympia's and so on. We decided to shake it up a bit and try something new last Wednesday night but didn't want to drive far - Open Table suggested Bistro 1130 which was a mile and half from our home in Town and Country. It was a very pleasant surprise. The food was excellent, the décor very cozy and interesting, the wine list while not large was very well put together with an excellent selection of quality varietals. The service was friendly and efficient. We will definitely add this to our schedule considering the location and the quality of food and wine.Special Features:
- We were extremely pleasedLindaDined on 6/8/2013We were extremely pleased with Bistro 1130 as they have new owners and we were excited to try this little restaurant for awhile. Each course was delicious and the portions were very generous! We will definitely go back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.