112 W German Street
Shepherdstown, WV 25443Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro112.com/
- Phone: 3048768477x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary French / American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The second floor Salon is available for private events for business meetings, receptions or dinner parties. Seating available for 30 in several configurations. We can also accommodate up to 50 for receptions. Our garden is available for smaller private events with seating up to 12 under a wisteria covered pergola. We have closed the restaurant for an evening - with all three dining areas available for a special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Deb Tucker 3048768477x
- Cross Street: King Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking has been an issue in Shepherdstown. There is street parking available on German St and the surrounding areas. Metered parking (9:00 am - 6:00 pm) is strictly enforced. On the weekends there is free parking at Shepherd University just a few blocks away from the Bistro.
A word from Bistro 112
Bistro 112 is a neighborhood French Bistro in the center of historic downtown Shepherdstown. It is a favorite of local residents and a haven for travelers passing through - who enjoy the area for its history, theater, music, biking trails, small shops and river activities. The Bistro, decorated in eclectic art, offers creative French food at affordable prices. Built in 1830, the Bistro has several dining areas: front bar, upstairs salon or outdoor patio under wisteria. We prepare local ingredients into French favorites such as steak au poivre, coquille St Jacques, roasted chicken, salad nicoise, pommes frites, savory & sweet crepes, house made soups and rich desserts. Rooms are available for private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistro 112 - Best Restaurants in Shepherdstown, WV ›
Bistro 112 reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)romantic (24)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Yum!MomokoMoonDined on 10/18/2014I started with the soup if the day as a starter, tomatoes bisque, and my gosh, it was so good. Creamy and flavorful. For dinner I had the French Peppercorn steak. That was also quite good but cooked undergone. They gave me andmy boyfriend rare when we asked for medium. And the dessert was the best. A date spiced toffee cake, I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMarkDined on 10/15/2014We made a change in day late with no problem. Parking could be hard to get close by. Front door seems to slam shut. Special entrée was charged a couple of dollars higher than stated, but did Not mention it for that small amount and since amount was reduced since vegetable ordered was not available and switched to a salad instead. Food tasted great and was a special anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in ShepherdstownGreatfoodfanDined on 10/11/2014Bisto 112 is our favorite restaraunt in a town notable for fine dining. The food preparation is outsltanding and the service is efficient and friendly.. Gppd wine list and top-notch beer on draft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bistro CuisineCeadmanDined on 9/27/2014We've been searching for a French restaurant in central Maryland for awhile and we found a real gem at Bistro 112. All the key elements of a French bistro are offered: a prix fixe menu, duck, chicken and steak frites and a nice choice of wines. The frites were excellent! Also the cocktails were very good. I had the most authentic Brazilian caipirinha cocktail since I was in Sao Paulo. It was a little noisy due to a large party nearby, but it did not take anything away from our experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find in WVOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was great. Staff very accommodating. Nice ambience. Interesting bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Cuisine in ShepherdstownTownieDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful fall luncheon at Bistro 112. Our fabulous waiter, Aaron, provided great service and recommended the special...a delicious salad with scallops that looked almost too good to eat. Comfortable atmosphere with nice view of the town and well chosen original art. Make a reservation to ensure a table at the window for the view, ask for Aaron, and let him orchestrate a delightful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Magnifique!MagnifiqueDined on 9/22/2014This is a lovely authentic French Bistro in historic Sheperdstown, WV. Terrific service, quiet and on the ground floor of a converted old home. Served warm, fresh bread. Fabulous menu including a delicious lentil soup and to-die-for Wild Salmon. Extensive wine list from France, California and many other regions. Very attentive waiter who was not intrusive. We simply loved this hidden, romantic gem and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prix Fixe! Great service!yggyDined on 9/12/2014On a whim, made a reservation on a stressful day. It was nice and quiet. The waitress was very accommodating and the food was great. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasant eveningneighborVIPDined on 9/6/2014I really like this restaurant. Lovely old house, and we were upstairs so it was very quiet. Food wasn't quite as good as out first visit--the salmon was good, but the bed of basmati rice didn't have much flavor, and the beans which were just laid across the rice didn't either. I really liked the salad and the ratatouille. The waiter was attentive without being intrusive. Would come back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Bistro 1124pawzDined on 9/6/2014Always great food and atmosphere. Thank you to the staff for helping us out when we arrived. It was a total downpour and we got soaked. They were so kind to bring us towels to dry off.Special Features:
- jimbDined on 8/29/2014My wife had the duck and I had the pepper steak. Both were superbSpecial Features:
- Great Saturday night w/FriendsMcFoodiesDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our dinner a couple of weeks ago and decided to introduce friends to our little find. Enjoyed a nice stroll throughout Shepherdstown and settled in at Bistro 112 for a relaxing dinner. The food was well prepared and enjoyable, menu brief but well done. The ambiance is fun and relaxing and not pretentious which allowed for a more intimate feel. I would make reservations and prefer the first floor by the bar, it feels more engaging. Wonderful cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfactionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014Motivations come in two forms: avoid the stick, get the carrot. Bistro is all carrot.
- DeliciousTheatreDinersDined on 8/2/2014We had a nice late dinner with the nice cheese charcuterie and the steak entree. Definitely a nice find and we will visit again next year!Special Features:
- Paris in ShenandoahJMAPARVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful place, great menu, very tasty food, with very friendly staff. And yes, great drinks too. Try the cocktails ... they are great!Special Features:
- Fabulous little French restaurantHankTerryDined on 7/26/2014We went to Bistro 112 for dinner after seeing a play at Marinoff Theater. The food was excellent, as was the service. Prices were reasonable too. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- French in ShepherdstownPlanetmikeDined on 7/26/2014Most delightful after a day of hiking through the woods. In general, I would recommend staying in Shepherdstown, if you are trying to enjoy the outdoors around Harpers Ferry. The choices for restaurants and lodgings are better. The owner of Bistro 112 accommodated us with outdoor seating under a trellis covered with wisteria and candle light. Our server Aaron was very attentive and experienced. Good choices of wine and food for all.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceSoccermarkDined on 7/19/2014Came to Shepherdstown for an overnight stay, and discovered this gem of a restaurant. Superb food, outstanding service, and very nice ambiance of a historic house in the center of old-town. Staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful, and owner Deb Tucker dropped by several times at our table to make sure everything was fine--and at the end even offered to take us back to our hotel which was a mile out of town. When in Shepherdstown you must dine at Bistro 112!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu, but great chefDiningmavenVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is a small, unpretentious place with a casual ambiance, but the kitchen is outstanding. Everything we were served, from soup and pate, to fish and duck, to dessert, had wonderful flavors and was perfectly prepared.
- New find!MangerDined on 7/17/2014Terrific pre -theatre dinning. The house salad is amazing. Service was timely, helpful, gracious. Date dessert was melt in your mouth. Will go again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch experienceBillVIPDined on 7/13/2014We were in town for the contemporary theater festival and met friends there. The menu went beyond the usual brunch fare, the waiter was great and helpful with the wine list and the overall experience was very positive. No booze before 1 p.m. on Sunday in West Virginia, in case you were wondering, so wine became our dessert.Special Features:
- Good food, good peopleTravelineaterDined on 7/12/2014We look forward to eating here when we are attending the Contemporary Theatre Festival. Had a great meal-as usual. This time I had the grilled Caesar salad and the blackened salmon - highly recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014They were not prepared for the pre-theatre crowd. Delayed one of our meals with no offer of compensation. They also did not specify the price of a special which was considerably more than the same basic meal on their pre-fixe menu. Our server was good, but had too many tables to serve and bus. Food was okay, but overpriced given the area.
- It all dependsBillDined on 7/11/2014We've eaten here in the past several times, and found it excellent. But depending on the night, the crowds, and the chef, any restaurant can have an off night. This time, somebody slipped with the salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dedicated to local foodInnovativeDined on 7/11/2014Best descriptor is that it has potential. The salads were very good and the dressings excellent. The price fixed dinners were great value and the menu provided adequate choice. The owner is a real plus, warm, friendly and there when you want her, but not intrusive. The negatives-Service, very slow, uneven, and not responsive-although I gave it 2 stars, 1 would have been closer to reality. The wine glasses ,definitely not wine glasses to match french bistro food,- short and stubby or tumblers, although the selection of wine was a pleasant surprise with some labels rarely found in restaurants. One dish, the scallops and risotto was a highlight, the other main courses needed help. Would give them a second try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyWeluveliDined on 7/10/2014The Bistro 112 is a wonderful place for lunch or dinner. The service was good, as was the food. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- a lovely french restaurantFoodFanDined on 7/5/2014This is our second time there. We ate upstairs and had this wonderfully appointed room all to ourselves for most of our dinner. The food was very French and very good. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- OkayDined on 7/2/2014Salmon was overcooked, and potatos were undercooked. Would not recommend the pasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Bistro 112 reviews archive.
- Will returnCherDined on 6/28/2014Our server was knowledgeable and energetic. We appreciated the variety of types and prices of wine. We got the fixed price steak. Although the beef was a little chewy, it was nicely cooked with a delicious sauce. I would have liked some choice about the sides ( only potatoes were offered) and about the dessert. The owner stopped by and offered my husband an after-dinner drink to celebrate his birthday. Overall, an enjoyable experience. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very niceDahktahDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good. I would call it "Frenchy" rather than French. For a small town in the mountains, it was excellent. We'd certainly go back and recommend it.Special Features:
- 2nd best tops the restOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014We had a new business client in from Europe so we were looking for the perfect restaurant for dinner. Our 1st choice happened to be closed on Tuesdays so we opted for Bistro112. We now have a new 1st choice! Bistro112's 19th century charm accentuated by terrific food, made for a memorable evening. We had 5 guests and 4 different entrees (2 salmon orders) and everyone had a great meal. It is a nice relaxing, intimate setting at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- Fabulous Shepherdstown Restaurant!4PagesDined on 6/21/2014Friends visiting from DC suggested we try Bistro 112 for dinner. Best decision of the weekend! We live in Shepherdstown but had only been to Bistro 112 for lunch (which is also really good). Our expectations were greatly surpassed by the absolute yumminess of the food. The four of us had the soup special - potato carrot puree - savory deliciousness! We each ordered a different entree - pasta bolognaise, the chicken, duck and salmon. Each dish was perfection. We moved to Shepherdstown from DC and this restaurant rivals any of the best there. It was also very clean, our server Aaron could not have been better (he really added to the ambiance) and, to top it off, they were very nice and accommodating to our sleeping kids. Try it!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Imaginative menu and beautifully executed. Lovely presentations. Maybe the best food at a small-town restaurant ever.Special Features:
- Great Steak!4pawzDined on 6/20/2014The best steak around. There aren't too many restaurants in the area to have a nice, quiet dinner - Bistro definitely fits the bill to be able to enjoy great food and great company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMorro04Dined on 6/17/2014Friendly staff and great service always make Bistro 112 enjoyable. The food was well prepared and tasty. Good variety of appetizers and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising GemGafsterDined on 6/7/2014We stopped in Shepherdstown, WV on a bike trip, and found Bistro 112 via Yelp. The restaurant, in an old house, was made up of several rooms on two floors, with consignment art on the walls. The menu was small, but each item was uniquely prepared. We had a great meal, and free wine via a coupon on Yelp. A great find in a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming BistroAllisonDined on 5/30/2014The first thing that strikes one as you enter this restaurant is the warm welcome. Everyone could not have been more accommodating, from adjusting the air-conditioning, to making certain everything was ordered perfectly. The Mussels and Pomme Frites transport you to a Paris Bistro. Perfect. There is also a Bistro Meal which is Prix Fixe and provides three courses, including L'Entrecote Au Poivre. We had the special Salmon which was delicious. Our waiter was the nicest person, besides being quite competent. We ate upstairs, which is lovely, quiet and more intimate. The kitchen was very slow, however, and that might not work for everyone. Oh, do have the wine flight! Bistro 112 is a lovely dining experience in charming Shepherdstown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les moulesflowersmDined on 5/27/2014The Les moules (mussels in cream sauce) were simply amazing. Great quiet restaurant for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No cigar!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2014There was nothing not to like about Bistro 112, but also nothing that made me say "I've got to come back here!"Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise...CandJreviewDined on 5/3/2014We found this restaurant while visiting the area for the weekend. We read many positive reviews and decided to give it a try. What a nice surprise! We were seated at a table by the front window. Our meals were excellent and the portions were plentiful. The French cuisine was comparable to many other restaurants we have experienced in the DC metro area. We also felt that the meals were very reasonably priced. The chocolate mousse was outstanding and a perfect ending to our meal. We will definitely be back!Special Features: