Bistro 1111 at Hyatt Santa Barbara
1111 E. Cabrillo Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93103Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 1111 at Hyatt Santa Barbara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.santabarbara.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 8057301111x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Thursday 11:00am-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am-12:00am
Happy Hour daily in lounge only 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For parties of 30 or more, please contact our Catering Department at 805.882.1234 ext. 319. We look forward to serving you!
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro dining is perfect to arrange your next gathering! We provide special seasonal menus designed and tailored to your party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Rita Hornack 8057301111x319
- Special Events: We host special menus for most major holidays including:
Mother's Day (Brunch)
New Year's Eve
Reservations are recommended for all special events.
A word from Bistro 1111 at Hyatt Santa Barbara
Specializes in innovative California coastal cuisine. The menu features fresh, sustainable and local produce and is complimented with wines from nearby wineries. A Santa Barbara favorite for years, yet still modern and comfortable all with an ocean view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 1111 at Hyatt Santa Barbara reviews from OpenTable diners
- DesapoitedDesapointingVIPDined on 4/19/2014Not worth the trip to Santa Barbara, food was regular, service was lacking, only good thing was the location!!!!Special Features:
- better for lunch than dinnersbsallyDined on 4/11/2014We've had nice lunches at the restaurant and enjoyed the ocean view. Dinner was a big disappointment with overcooked fish specials and service that simply disappeared for very long intervals.
- Beautiful view, good foodJacquelineDined on 3/16/2014Bistro 1111 is a great little restaurant to meet up with a friend for a drink, dinner, and a chat. My husband and I met up there after a few days of travel for each of us, and enjoyed the flatbread (try the Garden special version) and chicken under a brick ( which was a tad overlooked but still tasty). The service was attentive and the wine by the glass was well priced with a nice local and international selection. I gave only 3 stars for ambiance because the restaurant seems dark, which makes it seem a little drab in spite of the gorgeous ocean view. Perhaps brighter paint or white table cloths on the bare tables might change that. Even so, we're locals, happy to have found this cafe, and will go back.Special Features:
- Almost goodNew2SBDined on 2/14/2014The view was great and the food was very good. The servers were friendly and tried very hard to create a special experience. It was Valentines Day so I think the kitchen got overwhelmed and service became an excessive delay. Our dinner order came out in reasonable time but it was a 45 min delay for one creme brûlée. The couple seated next to us waited for an hour and still hadn't received their dinner order when we left. Seating was not very comfy and the tables were very close to each other. I was also surprised that there were no table linens. I will likely try it again when not so busy but can't recommend it based on our first experience. This location has the potential to be very special if they choose to be.Special Features:
- Food PerfectionDiningDuoDined on 1/16/2014Even with the changes that have gone on behind the scenes, the food is still delicious and well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodsbladyDined on 1/6/2014The service was fantastic. We enjoyed the crab cakes to start and followed that with the free range chicken and the salmon entrees, which were also delicious. The only recommendation I have for the restaurant is that they update their interior to refine it. It doesnt quite reflect the rest of the dining experience. Five star service with five star menu items....but it kind of looks like an olive garden inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...not so great serviceNathalieDined on 12/31/2013I went here for New Year's Eve dinner with my husband and 10 year old daughter. It was one of the only restaurants in SB that had kid menu's and didn't require we order from a pre-fix menu. The restaurant was a lot smaller than it appeared online. It felt a bit musty or damp in there and the overall atmosphere is very dark, and the menu's were hard to read with the lighting provided. Not very crowded with little going on or anything special I thought for New Year's Eve celebration. The food overall was excellent, but we had to wait quite a while just to get some bread and olive oil. The waiter was a bit odd and not very friendly at all and he also took a long time to just bring us the check.Special Features:
- Super Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013We got the shrimp/guacamole appetizer - the guacamole was SUPER good. The shrimp was just ok...but the avocado totally made up for it. For my meal I got the surf and turf (lobster and filet). OMG, just thinking about it makes my mouth water. The steak was super delicious and juicy. I usually prefer the steak over the lobster, but this time even though the steak was delicious, the lobster and the yummy buttery sauce made this real close. I would totally eat here again. Its a nice place to go on a date, great views and quiet enough to talk to the person next to you feeling like you two are the only people there. I would totally eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingBethannDined on 11/28/2013This Hotel restaurant is very nice, but they messed up Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey was dry and cold. No potatoes available. Prime rib was chewy and tough. Very limited choices. Lovely breakfast but really failed Thankgsgiving dinnerSpecial Features:
- Poor choiceMartyDined on 11/28/2013We went for Thanksgiving dinner and were sorely disappointed. It started with being delayed upon checking in as tables weren't ready so there was a long line that had to wait probably ten minutes even though the restaurant wasn't busy. The food, including the desert bar, was "wanting" in all respects. The turkey itself was tasty but the gravy lessened things. The stuffing was "nothing" the cranberry was "tart" and the vegetables tasteless. So, at $35 for seniors it was a bad deal and at $45 for non-seniors, it was really awful.
- Thanksgiving at 1111 BistroSBLOCALDined on 11/28/2013The hostess was overwhelmed and not efficient. Had to wait quite awhile for her even to look at us. We had a party of 6 and were seated right near the kitchen. We attempted to move, but was told " all the tables were spoken for" though it looked like we could have been accommodated. The noise level was awful and the air conditioning blasted out, though it was not necessary. Expensive drinks, in extremely small glasses. The prime rib was good. No mashed potatoes were served with the turkey. The dressing was dry. All in all a big disappointment. We had been there last year, with an ocean view, good service and delightful food. I think the wait staff was very overwhelmed and understaffed.
- Oceanview diningOceanloverDined on 11/1/2013A lovely place to relax and enjoy the Santa Barbara beach. Very quiet, great service and the food was excellent. The surf in surf and turf could not measure up to a Maine lobster, but that's no reason to ignore this lovely spot. The crab cakes are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2013The food, ambiance and service were all excellent. The filet and lobster were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found the perfect lunch spot!DinahMayDined on 9/2/2013When coming into town for the day to catch a concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl, we decided to fill up first rather than eat the typically 'fast food' fare at the concert. I did a quick search on my Open Table App and Bistro 1111 at the Hyatt immediately caught my eye. We didn't really need the reservation as it turned out (ghost town for about 10 minutes), but I made one anyway. Food was yummy and fresh and the view was lovely - oceanfront and a warm sunny day meant plenty of people watching. Notable items at our table were the Bowl of Berries, Caprese Salad and Burger with Sweet Potato Fries. p.s. concert was great too but someone should warn folks about the lack of shade at the Bowl for daytime concerts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013I am surprised there were not more diners on our two recent visits. The food was well presented and very good, and service was satisfactory. Each of our group of four was pleased with his/her dinner. The ambiance is casual as befitting a hotel restaurant near the beach. The service was perhaps a little to casual, but, as mentioned, satisfactory. Perhaps, there were not more diners because Santa Barbara has so many fine places to dine, but Bistro 1111 should not be overlooked, particularly if you are returning from a day of wine tasting. We were happy not to drive anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abundant portionsMsSassy19VIPDined on 8/2/2013All the entrees were fresh and wonderful and very large portions for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for breakfast whileGregVIPDined on 6/23/2013Went here for breakfast while in Santa Barbara. I have to say, it was one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had. A bit pricey at $22, but you get what you pay for. They also have a full menu if you don't wanna go the buffet route.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably good experienceTastefulVisitorDined on 6/2/2013This was a hit and miss. Great initial service, then our wine orders were switched and took too long to deliver (we waited far longer than we should have given the restaurant wasn't that busy) and no one came by to ask if we had any additional comments or needs after initial service. . Food pricing was reasonable. Food quality - flavor of my short ribs was great but one was quite dry instead of moist and succulent. The Pasta order frankoy tasted like it was out of a can - too sweet but otherwise flavorless. Very unremarkable. Bread was served beautifully but not particularly flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers' Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/12/2013We were very pleasantly surprised by our Mothers' Day Brunch at the Bistro. The breadth of selections was incredible; carving station with prime rib and ham, fresh waffles, omelettes made to order, crab, prawns, sushi, eggs, bacon, eggs benedict, salads, and a wide selection of pasteries and desserts. They had a craft station for kids which was staffed by a couple of hotel employees, and a gentleman walking around making balloon animals and flowers for the tables. We never felt rushed, the mimosas kept coming, and we had an amazing experience for half the cost of the El Encanto. We will definitely return for another brunch and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a hotel restaurant, theHIdinerVIPDined on 4/28/2013For a hotel restaurant, the staff are well trained and really try. Good knowledge of the chef's specials and quite helpfull. The view of the beach from the dining room windows gives you the feeling of really being in a resort. The food was really exceptional with fair pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Easter Brunch SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We had Easter Brunch Sunday and everything was fine with the exception of the eggs benedict. We could not cut the english muffin with a steak knife, let alone a regular table knife! Forget about picking it up and trying to bite into it. Impossible. Delicious bacon, lamb and desserts and coffee. Our waiter, James, kept our champagne glasses filled as well. All in all, we intend to return for a future meal at the Bistro 1111. Rhea WoofterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We had a group of 10 for Easter brunch and I must say, we were pleasantly surprised. There was a very wide variety of food, with a carving station, omelet station, plus pancakes, waffles, sushi, seafood, etc. Apparently the bacon was some of the best our group had ever eaten (being a vegetarian, I didn't partake). Service was great, they were very attentive. The cost per person was $48 and included bottomless mimosas, bloody marys, and/or belinis, which made it very reasonable compared to other similar brunch offerings around SB. Only draw back for me personally was that there weren't many vegan/vegetarian options - would have loved a tofu scramble! Overall we were very happy with our experience and would go back.Special Features:
- James, was our server andSantaRosaGareVIPDined on 3/26/2013James, was our server and he is AWESOME!!! He has served my wife on numerous occassions when she travels to SB on business. This was my first experience having him as our server and he was very enjoyable and knowlegeable about the menu. On a side note.... we observed a group who sat at a nearby table and they were ordering drinks and appetisers. When they found out they were not in the "bar" per se to participate in happy hour, their server graciously and kindly moved them to another table. Hoever, when the wait staff went to clean their original table, they did not clear the utensils and napkins. They merely rearranged the silverware and refolded the napkins and put everything back in place!!! GROSS!!!Special Features:
- My wedding dinner was fabulous!!angelbella30Dined on 3/1/20139 of us went to Bistro 1111 for my wedding dinner and I couldn't have been happier with the food, the atmosphere and especially the service! I HIGHLY recommend Bistro 1111 to anyone who wants a lovely meal with wonderful service!Special Features:
- We came for a late valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We came for a late valentines day and the food was excellent, I had the surf and turf (filet mignon and lobster tale) the best in town, my husband had the NY steak it was perfect, I order the natural beef for my 2 year old son and he loved it, for dessert we had the blueberry bread pudding and the vanilla ice cream both exepcional....James our waiter the best :).....we totally recommend this place ;)Special Features:
- Enjoyed a fabulous dinnerRickDined on 2/16/2013Enjoyed a fabulous dinner with great long time friends here who loved the food as much as we did.Special Features:
- A great first visit from a localOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013I took some out of town visitors there for a business dinner since they were already staying at the Hyatt. I had not been to Bistro 1111 previously, and I was very impressed. The food and service were both great. We all had a starter and a main course. The starters were all generously portioned - we could have almost stopped there. We all had seafood for the mains - a daily special (mahi mahi), scallops, halibut, and ahi - and they were all very good. A nice wine list that highlights local wines.Special Features:
- Went to New Year's eve pre-fixe...gOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2012Went to New Year's eve pre-fixe...great food and service. Also a great view of the ocean from our window seat. Great experience!Special Features:
- The food and service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012The food and service was great for a holiday meal.Special Features:
- This place is OK. It's handyellenVIPDined on 12/25/2012This place is OK. It's handy if you're staying at the hotel. I'd steer away from here for breakfast as it's overpriced and the coffee was SAD. Also maybe try somewhere else if you're a wine lover. The wine list was pretty thin.
- Worth every pennyDiningDuoDined on 12/17/2012I don't like seafood, but the crab cakes were excellent! Perfectly crisped on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. This was our second time here and both times the food was impeccablelSpecial Features:
- Not your typical hotel restaurant!DishingOjaiDined on 12/8/2012We came with a Groupon and were treated really well! Mallory was our service and she was perfectly pleasant and professional. The food was outstanding. We had the ahi appetizer, the short rib entree, the lobster & steak entree, the Sanford pinot noir and the blueberry bread pudding. Everything tasted wonderful. It does not feel like a hotel restaurant at all. It feels like a nice, upscale neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012The service was great, the waitstaff nice, and the food was excellent. We were the only people in the restauraunt. They even brought out something special for my husband, since he just graduated. Definitely reccommend!Special Features:
- Overpriced Coffee Shop DiningmattsgalDined on 11/22/2012Our Thanksgiving dinner at Bistro 1111 was a disappointment. Though the prix fixe menu sounded fabulous online, the food was mediocre and overpriced at $45 per person. Both turkey and prime rib were dry and tough. The dessert bar resembled a neglected salad bar. The gelato was set in freezer trays on ice but was melted & soupy. Our server was attentive & congenial enough. Unfortunately, I did not do my research well (we came up from LA) and got duped by the pricing, as I thought we would be eating at a nice hotel restaurant, not a coffee shop. My son likened the food quality & atmosphere to a Souplantation. Hugely disappointed, somewhat irate.
- We were there for specialhbfam14VIPDined on 11/22/2012We were there for special Thanksgiving menu - food was just OK, but dessert bar was very good. Our waiter brought a simple salad for our daughter as there was no way she'd eat a beet salad! He was nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Definitely now one of my veryChefsSecretSauceVIPDined on 11/9/2012Definitely now one of my very favorite places to eat. Food is Always wonderful - we loved our steak and lobster (the sauces for both were just SO delicious!) Everything from start (appetizers) to end (dessert) could Not have been better. And what a fabulous view!! Love this place!!Special Features:
- A beautful day in Santa BarbaraOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2012A beautful day in Santa Barbara ending with a great meal at a reasonable price with a view.Special Features:
- We went for brunch with theLocalVIPDined on 10/28/2012We went for brunch with the family. The food was uninspired and displayed with no particular thought. The waitress was nice. We won't go again.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012By far the best lobster tail I've had on the West Coast, and the creme brulee was amazing! Our server was friendly and attentive, and I would recommend this spot for a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Great service, food and location.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2012Great service, food and location. Perfect anniversary celebration.Special Features: