6164 E. Riverside Blvd
Loves Park, IL 61111Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rockfordbistro.com/
- Phone: 8159775611
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4":30PM - 9:00PM, Friday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM, Saturday: 4:30PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM - 2:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Chambers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The staff of BISTRO108 is available to cater your small events.
- Private Party Facilities: BISTRO108 is available for private party rentals on Saturday afternoons, Sundays all day and Monday Evenings
- Private Party Contact: Jennie Braun 8159775611
- Entertainment: Check website for live entertainment!
A word from Bistro 108
Discover casual dining at BISTRO108 in Loves Park, IL. We offer Casual Fine Dining at a price that you can afford.Continued
Relax and eat with friends while enjoying your meal or some time at our full service bar all in our warm and inviting dining room.
Relax and eat with friends while enjoying your meal or some time at our full service bar all in our warm and inviting dining room.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro 108 reviews from OpenTable diners
- We will be returning to bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We will be returning to bistro 108. The food was good and the staff accommodating. The lamb chops were cooked perfectly and the bread was fresh. The drink specials were priced good. I would suggest making a reservation for big groups.
- Charming small restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We have eaten twice at Bistro 108. The first time our steak and lamb chops were perfect. The second time, my husband's steak was good, but my salmon was overcooked. I had asked for it to be rare. When I mentioned this to the server, he said that the chef could not make the salmon rare as it had been poached. I would have liked the opportunity to choose another item and would have done so if I'd been informed before the salmon was served. Aside from that issue, food, drinks, and dessert were good. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- Hot Food, Cool JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013Bistro 108 is a fine supporter of cool Jazz. The music makes the meal.Special Features:
- Bistro 108 is a great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Bistro 108 is a great find. It's small enough to provide for a private conversation, but the menu is big enough to give a decent selection. Their wine selection was good for a smaller place, but the martini selection was large. We will return.Special Features:
- great placetaxladyDined on 12/14/2012Been here several times with friends when the Harpest Nannette Felix-Remmers is playing and it is always a very special time. The staff and owners are friendly the food is great.Special Features:
- good was good, but my pastaammdivaVIPDined on 12/8/2012good was good, but my pasta chicken dish was so dry. Extremely dry, so much so i asked for more sauce, poured another cup of sauce on my dish and it was still extremely dry, and my husbands dish was under cooked.
- Food was good, waiter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Food was good, waiter was very knowledgable and professional. Had a well known local musician playing. Food was moderately priced. Overall very good. We'll go back.Special Features:
- My new favorote restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012My new favorote restaurant in Rockford. So glad I had a groupon to discover this gem!Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2012The food was excellent and the ambiance superb! The harpist added an extra special touch to our dining experience.
- Great food and fabulous waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Great food and fabulous wait staff. There was a live musician which made it pretty fantastic as well. Overall really great.Special Features:
- Attended primarily for beerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2012Attended primarily for beer tasting and dinner. Generous beer samples, which there were five total, and not just once, we were allowed to re-taste, unlike the previous wine tasting, one sample and your done. :( Hor de vores that were part of the beer tasting are great, as well was dinner.Special Features:
- Bistro 108 6164 East RiversideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2012Nice small restaurant tucked away in a mini strip mall. Meals are small potions, perfect for the normal sized person, very popular with female diners. In fact I have witnessed many times that females out number males. Wine tasting was good, with excellent hors d'oeuvres . Good wine and beer list, with excellent food.Special Features:
- Great place that I found whileOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2012Great place that I found while visiting Rockford. The place was rather slow on a Saturday Night on 7 but it was a nice small intimate place on the interior. Bottom line is they had great quality food with good fresh ingredients. There were good portions and sides, for a great value. The special was chicken + pesto tortellini and it was excellent was as was the fried shrimp. Joseph was our server and he was extremely quick to take care of anything we asked for and left us alone when appropriate, he was one of the best servers I have had. Between two of us we had appetizer, two entrees with soup/salad, five drinks, and a desert came to like $65 + tip. That is excellent. We were shocked that this place isn't busier than it is.Special Features:
- As always, the food was delicious;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012As always, the food was delicious; the occasion was my husband's birthday; they had a cake for us after dinner; also balloon at the tableSpecial Features:
- We loved the food as it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We loved the food as it was freshly made and tasty. Wouldn't hesitate to go there again.Special Features:
- Great food. Service was fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Great food. Service was fabulous. The interior could be updated. Menu was perfect for Rockford. It was affordable.Special Features:
- Our meal was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Our meal was very good. The wine list is limited but the wine we selected was very good. We ate with another couple and the atmospher was very conducive for a conversation.
- As a Rockford resident, thisRachelVIPDined on 8/31/2012As a Rockford resident, this restaurant is a rare find in the area!! The food is excellent, wine list good, the service is great and the staff is welcoming. I hope they continue to prosper and provide a much needed local establishment in the sea of chains. I would recommend Friday and Saturday as they have Great local music in a variety of styles.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialSueMDined on 8/29/2012Food was alright, nothing special. I ordered the special barbecue sandwich and the chili. The bread was soaked in buttery grease that overpowered the sandwich. Chili seemed like it needed more time to cook. Some of the beans were rather sturdy. Others in my party had burgers, which they said were okay, again nothing special, and one had a salad, which she liked. No one else eating when we arrived, on other couple came while we were there. I wish them well. It is tough to have an independent restaurant, but this place didn't do it for me.
- Good Concept, But Missing the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012We were disappointed a bit in Bistro 108. We love that they're trying to bring this kind of restaurant to Rockford, but they've missed the mark a bit. The food is only average - totally under-spiced and under-salted (we aren't big salt users, but you need enough salt in dishes to bring up the flavors). Our drinks had too much alcohol in them (!) to the point that one member of our party sent a drink back. The service was great though. We were there on a Friday night with a 7:30 reservation, and the band was already playing. Unfortunately they were so loud that we couldn't converse at the table. The band was good, but maybe starting them a little later or having dinner music earlier might be a good idea.
- The food was good, but notLilypadDined on 8/3/2012The food was good, but not to die for. The steak sliders were good, and I liked "Tom's special salad". They slice the pork chops in half horizontally, thus overcooking. I'd recommend telling them how you want it cooked, because they do not ask. Nice atmosphere - not too loud or too quiet. Cute bar that you could sit at for a drink. I'd go back.Special Features:
- This was not our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012This was not our first visit to Bistro 108 the food is delish! Our server however; was only okay. There is a cucumber martini on the drink specials list. When I inquired what was in it, he said "well, it's a martini, so vodka and I'm guessing cucumber juice". He did not offer to check with the bartender. We then asked what the soup of the day was and his response was "I don't know the name, but it's tomatoey,and Mediterranean". While he would not prevent me from returning, he left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Great food, service a bitFathersDayDined on 6/22/2012Great food, service a bit disorganized, but overall we would go back
- What salad?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012The ambience was nice. The food was excellent. Service was good... except they forgot to serve our dinner salads. It was a romantic occasion so we didn't notice the missing salads until the next day when we both realized that they were not served even after we ordered them with dressing and ingredient choices. This was our second visit to this restaurant. Further, we would return there, but not anytime soon. It is a nice place with the exception of the absent minded server who was otherwise good.Special Features:
- Excellent once again. SmokeyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Excellent once again. Smokey Mozzarella appetizer is too good! Steaks have always been perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Orange roughy was tasty, servedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2012Orange roughy was tasty, served on risotto. Chef sent out variety of desserts for us to try. All we delicious...especially the small cheesecakes with white chocolate dipped strawberries on top...and buttercream filling! yum!Special Features:
- The experience made lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012The experience made lunch on Mother's Day was very special. Thank you!Special Features:
- This place was exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012This place was exceptional! Great food at great prices w/great quality and taste. Moderate drink prices with good beer selections. Happened to be there when After 5 Jazz was playing and ran into a good friend I hadn't seen in years who played with them (mellow/older jazz but GREAT!!). Gotta stop in.Special Features:
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed Bistro 108. Nice, quiet, and food was great.Special Features:
- A great lunch between soccer gamesChaucersdogVIPDined on 4/21/2012We had lunch at Bistro 108 during a soccer tournament down the street. Our lunch was great and relaxed. I never would have discovered Bistro 108 without Open Table. We will return again when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Everything was really nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012Everything was really nice. Our only complaint, and the one thing could prevent us from coming back, was the entertainment. We were there on a Friday night for fish fry with some friends and there was a singer who started performing sometime around 7:00. Luckily we were sitting on the other side of the restaurant because it made it difficult to carry on a conversation. He was very good, but also loud and since it's not a big place it was a distraction for us. Maybe if he had started his performance later in the evening after most people were finished with their meals it would have been better. Other than that we were impressed and would definitely come back againSpecial Features:
- Main course was poor to OKOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/31/2012Main course was poor to OK at best. Wine was good and they were out of the dessert ordered. Nice waitress.
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012One of the best restaurants in Rockford and definately a hidden gem! Highly recommended. The smokey mozzarella cheese appetizer is too good! I've been at least 4 times now in last 6 months and had a steak each time. Always cooked to perfection and great flavor. Wife has tried most of the pasta dishes now and loved every one of them - especially the cheese tortellini. Very quaint and relaxing atmosphere, with good service.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012My wife and a few friends went to Bistro 108 to celebrate her 40th birthday. It was great! The atmospher was very nice. My wife really had a good time and wants to come back. It's a great place to have dinner & relax. Thank you so much Bistro 108 for the kind service.Special Features:
- Need to try more from menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2012Had the steak which was done as requested but it was on the thin side. Service was very friendly and neighborly for an out-of-towner. Will probably try again since they were so friendly and want to try a differnt variety on their menu. Wish they were more adventurous with their menu but may have to limit due to location.Special Features:
- food was great. atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012food was great. atmosphere was great. the only complaint is i waited 15 mins at a table before someone serviced us.
- Great Change of pace .FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012Great Change of pace .Friendly service & good food.We will be back.Special Features:
- There were 8 in our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/30/2011There were 8 in our party and all said they thought the food and drinks were great. The three piece combo added to the evening's ambience. We'll be back. Thanks.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and the liveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011Excellent Food and the live jazz band on Friday night was a treat.Special Features:
- Our first time at Bistro 108.DebbieDined on 12/29/2011Our first time at Bistro 108. Food, wine and service wee great. Will definetly return.Special Features: