1051 Raritan Rd.
Clark, NJ 07066Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro1051.com/
- Phone: 7326801051
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Saturday: 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Brunch: Sunday: 1:00PM - 9:00PM
Dinner: MOnday - Thursday: 3:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 3:00PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 1:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Savvis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Whether a large scale affair or an intimate gathering, Bistro 1051's Catering can help make your next event a memorable one.Our catering services extend beyond the menu, offering alternative menu suggestions – including customized event style menus, serving & bar-tending staff, and the equipment, tent & linen rentals that will transform the off-premise location of your choice into the proper setting for your special engagement.
- Private Party Facilities: If you're planning a birthday, corporate party, or that special occasion, Bistro 1051 can accommodate parties up to 130 guests. Whether you're having a casual or elaborate event, the staff at Bistro 1051 will do all the work so you and your guests can enjoy yourselves.
- Private Party Contact: Michael 8887025604
A word from Bistro 1051
With its eclectic cuisine; a mix of Italian, seafood, sushi bar, and steaks, Bistro 1051 is the reason people flock to Clark, NJ. Amid a visual masterpiece, where the cuisine creates a culinary experience, guests at Clark's most original restaurant will have all five of their senses enlivened at Bistro 1051,We also have 3 private Banquet rooms for all your special events with seating up to 150 people.We are a BYOB, but also serve california wines and Sangria.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Bistro 1051 - Best Restaurants in Clark ›
Bistro 1051 reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (11)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- not overly interesting placetaste1Dined on 7/30/2014Has a combination of Italian with Japanese. Just doesn't come off as either as a fine eating establishment. The portions are adequate but in my opinion over priced for the locale and decor of this what should be mid range eatery. Out door dining tables set up and overlooked the parking lot not very food friendly with cabom monoxide. Take it from me move on to next place this is a don't stop restaurant from now on for me and my friends.
- Nice eveningTMSfromNJDined on 7/27/2014Service friendly and attentive. Portions generous. I had steak on a stone special which was excellent, and prepared just as ordered. Companions also raved about their meals.Special Features:
- Great for catching up with a friendJklovesfoodDined on 7/2/2014I had dinner here this past week and it was perfect for our girls night catch up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014The Owner Mike is a great owner and checks every table to make sure all customers are enjoying their dining experience. The following waitresses, Jaime, both Jenn's and Leah are all trained in the business are a superb waitresses.Special Features:
- Nice findbmever2jkVIPDined on 6/25/2014variety of menu choices to please every palate. we enjoyed our food picks very much and would definitely go again to try some of the other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood JemJoeMDined on 6/21/2014Always a dining pleasure. The menu is imaginative, the ingredients always fresh and the staff is always helpful with first rate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014The food and service are too notch. ItsBYOD so you an bring your own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedDebPRDined on 6/15/2014My family went to this restaurant for Father's Day (thanks to Open Table - I discovered it through the site ) and we were very pleased with the experience. The wait staff was really accommodating; I believe our waitress was named Jessica and she was lovely, very attentive and helpful. The atmosphere is really pretty, yet simple and I thoroughly appreciated the fact that the acoustics of the restaurant were such that we were able to talk to each other in a normal tone of voice - room was not loud. My husband loved the lobster ravioli with shrimp and I enjoyed the steak on a brick - a novel culinary experience! Calamari was delicious and our sons enjoyed their dishes as well - would definitely bring friends here! Love that it's BYOBSpecial Features:
- BistroDined on 5/24/2014The food was great and, although they do have a wine list, they are also a BYOW, which is always a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Bistro 1051 reviews archive.
- goodlovetoeatVIPDined on 4/8/2014Visiting on business. Food very good, service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLovesdiningoutDined on 3/22/2014Very eclectic menu. Italian and Sushi. Had a great meal. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at a good pricemalcivVIPDined on 3/5/2014The quality and variety of the food was impressive. Our server was really nice, but very slow. She disappeared for 15 minutes after handing me the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends dinnerJoGarDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I met my High School friends at Bistro 1051 because it was the middle distance of were we all lived. The reviews were good and Bistro 1051 was great! The food and service were wonderful! We sat and caught up with our friends and were never rushed out. Definitely would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSuzeBDined on 2/15/2014We went to Bistro 1051 on a Saturday night with another couple. None of us had been there before. They have a wide variety of options on the menu so everyone was able to find something to eat. We all enjoyed our meals and I was applauded for making a good choice ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodMariaDined on 2/14/2014Their sushi is delicious & their slow braised short rob is so incredible you don't even need a knife.. Pair that with their garlic mashed potatoes & string beans & it is absolutely delicious. The owner comes around to each table to chat & make sure everyone is taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smile!DuckieDined on 2/14/2014Not only is the food freshly prepared and freshly cooked but the service was excellent. The owner Michael knows what's he doing and run a great place, I'll be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2014Excellent food and very nice atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFeedURbodyrightVIPDined on 1/24/2014Have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Food is consistently good and service is always attentive. Worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, very good service.TTKBVIPDined on 1/11/2014First time dining here and the Chicken Irene (similar to chicken Francese) was excellent. The best I've had, and very fresh. The Tartufo was served slightly softened, which it should be, and not rock hard like at so many other restaurants. There was a good menu selection. Service was very good, timely, and responsive. The very good quality of the food here warrants a better location. As it is, it is in a typical small, modest, retail strip mall but the food and experience were so good we will certainly return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go back - but wouldn't runEATSOUTALOTDined on 12/31/2013The staff was very nice and attentive. The sushi was fair. The soups were excellent even my picky kid loved them both. The kids had flatbreads which were large enough and tasty enough they could have split one. I ate small for me, so no full entrée, too much constant holiday food. It was a very varied menu which I would like to sample more.The two couples next to us pointed out their entrees to us, which looked great and enjoyed them. Some of the prices seemed a bit high for the neighborhood, but it is BYOB, so I understand they need to make money somewhere else. I had read this in some of the other reviews. It will definitely make the rotation. A plus is it has its own parking, which beats trying to park in nearby Westfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!molly1996Dined on 12/21/2013The service was great and each course was wonderful! We had the Kobe beef skewers which were out of this world! Dinner was good. My veal was prepared very well (not tough as it is in many restaurants). My boyfriend was disappointed in the portion size of his salmon but aside from that we couldn't have asked for a first, and definitely not last, visit there. Dessert was equally good and they had a good sized dessert menu. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming back!DinaVIPDined on 12/19/2013The food is great, the staff friendly and attentive and the ambience is great. Definitely a keeper!Special Features:
- Just what I was looking for!DinaVIPDined on 12/11/2013Great local BYOB restaurant. Attentive staff, great food! Enjoyed our evening immensely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above averageJaylong524Dined on 11/26/2013My friends and I go here often. The food is good the sever we had was excellent. Catch them on a good night and it will be worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third time there!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013This was our third time there! The food is so good! It is BYOB. Have taken our kids there and friends and everyone has been pleased with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi was good but noneBettyDined on 11/21/2013The sushi was good but none of the party liked their entrees.
- Freezing inside...we sat andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013Freezing inside...we sat and ate with our coats on...asked to be moved to another table away from the window and we were told they would put the heat on. It never warmed up. One of the tables was sooooo wobby, it was hard to eat on. Waitress not very pleasant once alcohol and appetizers were not ordered.
- great findtime2dineVIPDined on 11/11/2013When I went it was very early for dinner right before 5:00 on a tuesday so it was pretty empty so I must say service was outstanding, staff was extremly friendly and they had wonderful soft dinner music playing; as far as the meal, every thing I had was very very good it would be hard to find fault with my meal except maybe the one dish may have been a little heavy on the salt. I would with out a doubt go back next time at a regular dinner hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely PresentionBillyDined on 10/26/2013the food came out HOT, and was nicley presented. Quantity was excellent also. Service was attentive but harried, but they were busy! i would recommened and plan to return here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOB restaurantShelmarDined on 10/12/2013An italian grill restaurant that serves sushi. Sounds weird but it's delish! The sushi is fresh. The food itself is delicious but some appetizer portions are too small to share with more than two people. Entrees are on the pricier side but worth it. Added benefit of not having to pay a bar bill by bringing your own bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Nice Place; Nice DiningSalBVIPDined on 10/1/2013Second visit and like the first, we liked it very much. We dined with two friends and they enjoyed their meals also. The flank steak on a hot stone presentation was very impressive (great idea) and the meal itself delicious. My scallops were good too, and although the greenish blue base it was resting in was visually different, it did not do much for the overall taste. The lobster risotto was excellent albeit a bit salty. The sashimi appetizer and pear salad were a a big hit. Overall, a very nice dining experience. I can only offer that they dim the in-ceiling lighting a bit as to create a better ambiance for dinnertime--it was a bit too bright. All-in-all, a very nice place for a very nice dinner---we'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. ServiceHenry2Dined on 9/28/2013Food was delicious. Service was excellent. The waiter gave us time to relax with a glass of wine and review the menu. Love the fact that is BYOB. Definitely will return and considering having a them cater a party for me in the summer.Special Features:
- The food was good but it wasPeterDined on 9/21/2013The food was good but it was very loud, no table cloths and Saturday night food service was very slow. The owner, Michael offered us some brakes if we came back, but I don't think so.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/24/2013Really enjoyed this place each time I've been there. Good food, good service, good vibe. Worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere but food fell shortmjonesndVIPDined on 8/1/2013My boyfriend and I chose this restaurant based on reviews, but we did not find the reviews accurate. The Caesar salad was dry, the short ribs had more fat than meat on them (although the sauce on the meat was delicious), and the penne vodka was doused in sauce. The atmosphere and service were nice, so we were disappointed that the food wasn't better.
- disappointedLobsterandmoreVIPDined on 7/6/2013this was our second visit and the food was infinitely better the first time. Shrimp, mussels and clams in the seafood linguini were rubbery and the dish in general lacked seasoning or much taste. A chicken dish was merely fair. Needless to say we were very disappointed and in no hurry to return.
- Food and service were veryMikeDined on 6/8/2013Food and service were very good, appetizer prices were a little pricy.Special Features:
- loved me and my boyfriendth454saVIPDined on 3/3/2013loved me and my boyfriend loved this place they have sushi for him and cooked food me
- Will continue to return, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2013Will continue to return, very varied menu (italian to sushi!) If it is a complaint the portions are hugh!Special Features:
- We came to bistro 1051 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We came to bistro 1051 for valentines day and they had an amazing set up and specialty menu. The whole room was set up in pairs with candlelit tables which created a great ambiance for a date. The staff was extremely friendly and the specials were out of this world. Byob makes it very affordable for a classy restaurant.Special Features: