317 W. 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bisteccafiorentinanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 258-3232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luciano Marchignoli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area
A word from Bistecca Fiorentina
"Featuring the glory of Tuscan meat - bistecca fiorentina (28 oz certified angus porter house steak for one or a 50 oz. for two) brushed with Tuscan olive oil, garlic and rosemary seared over aromatic wood. Also featuring other steak house favorites and authentic Tuscan dishes with a specialty in wild game"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistecca Fiorentina reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (29)romantic (23)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best place to dine on Restaurant Row!JoanDined on 11/19/2014BEST FOOD< FRIENDLY WATERS< GREAT SERVICE!!! Already looking forward to the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a hidden Gem. I absolutely recommend it.DavidGDined on 11/17/2014Whilst travelling with my father in New York I was recommended Bistecca Fiorentina by a good friend as a place to take him. He's visually impaired, not terribly mobile, and we were based in the Theatre District. Well, what service. A table in the corner, an extra light added to help him with the menu, and he ordered what he wanted from off the menu and the chef was only too happy to oblige. And the service. Attentive, not overly so, and then the food, just stunning. I actually can't wait to go back to see the guys - and as soon as I walked out there was a couple looking at the menu looking to choose a restaurant and all I could say was "Don't even think about it", this is what you need. WOnderful people, a great kitchen and lovely staff. I couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerArnieVIPDined on 11/17/2014I really enjoyed my meal as did my colleague. The veal Osso Buco was very good. the service was fine. the server was very friendly and I felt valued as a customer. I will return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!RosemaryDined on 11/16/2014We were very pleased with the food, service and wine selection! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongReluctantrvwrDined on 11/14/2014This isan all around winner. Small intimate setting with awesome food at reasonable prices and a good wine list that won't break the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best !JoanDined on 11/11/2014I love the generous hospitality at Fiorentina!!! Love the food and the service is great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014Recommended by friends. Wonderful little Italian establishment! Perfect location for pre-theater dinner. Very friendly wait staff, food was very good and we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SteaksabaideethaiDined on 10/27/2014The steak was awesome. Only three of us but we ordered the 50 oz and the seafood stew (Cioppino??). Way too much steak, though its advertised for two. But it was great. Its not the angus buttery porterhouse of typical NYC steakhouses, but had a nice herbal flavor expected from Italian bistecca. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will come back for more. The staff was super and service was spot on. The seafood stew was very flavorful and piled high with shrimp and shellfish. It was a great evening and I'll definitely come back but order the 30 oz for two instead.Special Features:
- wonderful pasta dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014We chose two of the specials - ravioli with mushroom truffle sauce and paparadelle with lobster. Our wines were fine, and NOT New York prices for a change. We chose a table outside on a steamy October evening, in all, very pleasant.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!RickPierreDined on 10/12/2014We absolutely adored spending an evening at the Bistecca Fiorentina Restaurant. The waiters are attentive and have a good sense of humour. Serive is impeccable. The food was exquisite as was the wine. The portions are generous and the the restaurant is well decorated. We will definitely return the next time we are on a New York broadway extravaganza! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, some service missesOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/11/2014As a Tuscan Steakhouse, they have a variety of steak and other Italian specialties, and everyone should find something they like on the menu. The space is nice, and gets a bit noisy, but not to the point you can't converse with your table. The food was all quite good, but the service had some misses. When I got my soup I was asked if I wanted cheese or pepper. I asked for pepper and the gentleman walked away, and didn't return. Several minutes later we flagged him down when he finished with the pepper at another table. Our waiter seemed to disappear at the end of the night and we had to flag down another to get our check after 10 or minutes of sitting at an empty table--with no dessert or coffee offered until then.Special Features:
- boothbayVIPDined on 10/9/2014Enjoyed a lovely pre-theater dinner here - cured beef with thin slices of parmesan cheese, veal with asparagus and cheese, and cheesecake. Food was well-prepared and service was excellent. The spinach was traditionally prepared with garlic. Great meal.
- Excellent Choice for good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I made a reservation for my wife and I and was one if the best NYC dining experiences we ever had. Nice quiet romantic restaurant. Excellent service and great food, what more could you ask for. I highly recommend this restaurant especially if your going to see a show on Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Did the prix fixe chicken and shrimp. The food was very tasty and the service was perfect. Very intimate setting. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrefoodie10014VIPDined on 10/1/2014After many years of dining pre-theatre on the wonderful old food block that is 46th Street betw 8th & 9th Avs, I now know why I hadn't been to Bistecca Fiorentina and why I won't be returning.
- Excellent food & serviceBobPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I went to play and then walked to restaurant. We were a little early but were greeted at door and escorted to our table. The wait staff were very fast, helpful and personable. The food was unbelieveable, the wine was great and the timing between the appetizers, 1st course and main course was perfect. Although the restautant got busy, the noise level was normal and we could still hear each other in a normal conversation. Coffee and desert were brought out and the check arrived about 2 mintes after request. We were not hurried even with people waiting to get inside. I would definitly reccommend Bistecca Fiorentina to anyone. The baked clams, calamari and lobster ravioli were probably the best I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- AWESOME!Torres22Dined on 9/26/2014Place never fails us, awesome simple food that tastes truly amazing every single time. Loved trying out the polenta and gorgonzola cheese appetizer! The service is always friendly and SUPER attentive. Already cannot wait to go back. We've also dined with larger group of 10-12 ppl and have always been accommodated AND attended beautifully.Special Features:
- Italian Steakhouse in NYCITALIAinNYCDined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant for treating family in the city. Staff was exceptional. Great appetizers, delicious steak, and tartufo for dessert. Wonderful and memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceSDLJJDined on 9/20/2014Have dined here several times and is one of the best n Restaurant Rom in NYC!Special Features:
- Had To Go BackTKCRhinoDined on 9/17/2014Terrific location Good atmosphere Very good presentation and quality of food Welcoming, friendly, and attentive staff Can't ask for moreSpecial Features:
- One of the best in theatre districtMerylandMelVIPDined on 9/17/2014Good food and service. Baked clams oreganata were tasty and plump but could have been less soggy.squid and octopus salad was delicious. Excellent veal parm and chicken in lemon sauce duck ravioli special was excellent. Large assortment of wine. A bit pricey, but we did not take advantage of the less expensive price fixed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on Restaurant Rowfoodie1VIPDined on 9/16/2014I shouldn't say best, because we haven't tried them all, but this is our place of choice before theater (we live on the Island). We're always greeted like family, the wine list has several bottles in the twenties(!), and, most importantly, the food is so reliably good,well prepared and presented, that we wish we lived in the neighborhood--we'd be there much more often.We shared an excellent appetizer, then we both had papardelle dishes, mine with lobster, my wife's with rabbit.Both dishes had so much well-prepared meat that we had to leave over some of the pasta. Both dishes had very different, and delicious, sauces. For dessert we shared a chocolate mousse, also excellent. We're always happily sated upon leaving for the theater.Special Features:
- HardtopleaseVIPDined on 9/12/2014Came here for Prix fixe pre theatre dinner. Service was great. Waiter was super nice and funny at times. I would recommend this meal as there are quite a few choices for a prix fixe. I had the risotto, it was a bit undercooked but still edible. Also I must make a point to add, that a bottle of wine is as low as 24.00, which is really great for nyc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014We dined on a Monday night which was quiet on restaurant row. The food was good and the service very attentive. Even our daughter who lives in NYC thought it was a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Tenafly07670VIPDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant is located in theater district. Dinner was way better than the show......food and service were quite good. The shellfish risotto.....reminded of a similar dish in Padua....maybe we can return to this restaurant more easily? The wine was very good also. We now have. Wine app called ' Wineglass'. Helps in choosing a well priced good wine. They had a good list.Special Features:
- great pre-show mealbatmanDined on 9/6/2014Had the seafood risotto. My wife had some truffles and mushroom risotto dish. We both loved it. Antipasta apps were very good, too. Good friendly service. Great proximity to any broadway show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in New Yorkclm1010Dined on 8/25/2014We discovered this gem two years ago on our first trip to NY, and resolved always to visit when we were fortunate enough to be in NY again. We were not disappointed - a lovely venue in all respects. We will continue to make this our first choice for New York evening dining.Special Features:
- Delicious and authentic!KsGrpDined on 8/22/2014Not sure that you'll find a better restaurant in the city serving authentic bistecca fiorentina. It's their name and they lived up to it. Great ambiance and location on restaurant row. Wonderful house chianti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedDelightedDined on 8/16/2014Pre-theatre menu is wonderful. Food and service were superb.Special Features:
- Kate14Dined on 8/13/2014We had the pre-fix dinner and it was delicious. We had good choices for all courses. The service was great and price reasonable for the area. Would definitely return on my next trip to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food reasonably pricedSeymourVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thought the food was very good. Tasty and not overdone. The place had charm and was very quiet something I appreciate in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Went pre-theatre. We ordered the steak for 2 along with sides. All was delicious. The steak was perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff were kind and genuine. Perfect for the location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carne ItalianoRaymundoVIPDined on 7/27/2014Very good choices of fine Itialian dining. Wish you would weave in some gluten free pastas, but everything was wonderful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 629 reviews are from the Bistecca Fiorentina reviews archive.
- Bistecca What the heckaPattyVWVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice dining experience but somewhat on the pricey side. I would advise shopping around on 46th for a better deal. Back in the day this eatery would let you substitute a side of pasta for the veggie accompaniement, no charge. Not the case today. The wine service was a bit rushed in an attempt to prompt ordering more. Unlike previous visits, there were not many diners on site for our 8 pm reservation. Food was very good with the exception of a rissotto entre that was looking more like a side dish than an entre. Used to love this place but ready to move on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014A great place to go for a quiet lunch or a romantic meal. Loved the clean, crisp feel of the place--white tablecloths, fresh flowers, pictures of Tuscany. I went for pre-theater lunch. The location was ideal, prices reasonable and the food tasty and fresh. Classic show tunes were played in the background as a plus! Great service and no pressure--we felt like we could sit and relax before the show.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereStillStuffedDined on 7/19/2014Service staff was professional and polite . the portions of the food were just right for the evening. It is a little pricey but any quality restaurant in NY is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPBurgBittnersDined on 7/16/2014Had a great pre theater dinner. Food was awesome, service was great, price was right. What more to ask for!Special Features:
- Love the experienceLoVino20Dined on 7/16/2014Food was excellent the mushrooms and rib eye were to die for. Prompt friendly bubbly staff- great wine. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findKSUmomDined on 7/12/2014We wanted a meal away from the tourist area and found Bistecca Fiorentina. We arrived after 8 pm (and after the theater rush) and enjoyed a lovely, quiet dinner. The food was delicious and our service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014Good food, good service, well-priced. Just a little too noisy, and the restaurant still had empty tables. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.