317 W. 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bisteccafiorentinanyc.com/
- Phone: 2122583232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luciano Marchignoli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area
A word from Bistecca Fiorentina
"Featuring the glory of Tuscan meat - bistecca fiorentina (28 oz certified angus porter house steak for one or a 50 oz. for two) brushed with Tuscan olive oil, garlic and rosemary seared over aromatic wood. Also featuring other steak house favorites and authentic Tuscan dishes with a specialty in wild game"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistecca Fiorentina reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (22)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Italian Steakhouse in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant for treating family in the city. Staff was exceptional. Great appetizers, delicious steak, and tartufo for dessert. Wonderful and memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had To Go BackTKCRhinoDined on 9/17/2014Terrific location Good atmosphere Very good presentation and quality of food Welcoming, friendly, and attentive staff Can't ask for moreSpecial Features:
- One of the best in theatre districtMerylandMelVIPDined on 9/17/2014Good food and service. Baked clams oreganata were tasty and plump but could have been less soggy.squid and octopus salad was delicious. Excellent veal parm and chicken in lemon sauce duck ravioli special was excellent. Large assortment of wine. A bit pricey, but we did not take advantage of the less expensive price fixed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on Restaurant Rowfoodie1VIPDined on 9/16/2014I shouldn't say best, because we haven't tried them all, but this is our place of choice before theater (we live on the Island). We're always greeted like family, the wine list has several bottles in the twenties(!), and, most importantly, the food is so reliably good,well prepared and presented, that we wish we lived in the neighborhood--we'd be there much more often.We shared an excellent appetizer, then we both had papardelle dishes, mine with lobster, my wife's with rabbit.Both dishes had so much well-prepared meat that we had to leave over some of the pasta. Both dishes had very different, and delicious, sauces. For dessert we shared a chocolate mousse, also excellent. We're always happily sated upon leaving for the theater.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014We dined on a Monday night which was quiet on restaurant row. The food was good and the service very attentive. Even our daughter who lives in NYC thought it was a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Tenafly07670VIPDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant is located in theater district. Dinner was way better than the show......food and service were quite good. The shellfish risotto.....reminded of a similar dish in Padua....maybe we can return to this restaurant more easily? The wine was very good also. We now have. Wine app called ' Wineglass'. Helps in choosing a well priced good wine. They had a good list.Special Features:
- great pre-show mealbatmanDined on 9/6/2014Had the seafood risotto. My wife had some truffles and mushroom risotto dish. We both loved it. Antipasta apps were very good, too. Good friendly service. Great proximity to any broadway show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in New Yorkclm1010Dined on 8/25/2014We discovered this gem two years ago on our first trip to NY, and resolved always to visit when we were fortunate enough to be in NY again. We were not disappointed - a lovely venue in all respects. We will continue to make this our first choice for New York evening dining.Special Features:
- Delicious and authentic!KsGrpDined on 8/22/2014Not sure that you'll find a better restaurant in the city serving authentic bistecca fiorentina. It's their name and they lived up to it. Great ambiance and location on restaurant row. Wonderful house chianti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedDelightedDined on 8/16/2014Pre-theatre menu is wonderful. Food and service were superb.Special Features:
- Kate14Dined on 8/13/2014We had the pre-fix dinner and it was delicious. We had good choices for all courses. The service was great and price reasonable for the area. Would definitely return on my next trip to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food reasonably pricedSeymourVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thought the food was very good. Tasty and not overdone. The place had charm and was very quiet something I appreciate in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Went pre-theatre. We ordered the steak for 2 along with sides. All was delicious. The steak was perfectly prepared and presented. The wait staff were kind and genuine. Perfect for the location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carne ItalianoRaymundoVIPDined on 7/27/2014Very good choices of fine Itialian dining. Wish you would weave in some gluten free pastas, but everything was wonderful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistecca What the heckaPattyVWVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice dining experience but somewhat on the pricey side. I would advise shopping around on 46th for a better deal. Back in the day this eatery would let you substitute a side of pasta for the veggie accompaniement, no charge. Not the case today. The wine service was a bit rushed in an attempt to prompt ordering more. Unlike previous visits, there were not many diners on site for our 8 pm reservation. Food was very good with the exception of a rissotto entre that was looking more like a side dish than an entre. Used to love this place but ready to move on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014A great place to go for a quiet lunch or a romantic meal. Loved the clean, crisp feel of the place--white tablecloths, fresh flowers, pictures of Tuscany. I went for pre-theater lunch. The location was ideal, prices reasonable and the food tasty and fresh. Classic show tunes were played in the background as a plus! Great service and no pressure--we felt like we could sit and relax before the show.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereStillStuffedDined on 7/19/2014Service staff was professional and polite . the portions of the food were just right for the evening. It is a little pricey but any quality restaurant in NY is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPBurgBittnersDined on 7/16/2014Had a great pre theater dinner. Food was awesome, service was great, price was right. What more to ask for!Special Features:
- Love the experienceLoVino20Dined on 7/16/2014Food was excellent the mushrooms and rib eye were to die for. Prompt friendly bubbly staff- great wine. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findKSUmomDined on 7/12/2014We wanted a meal away from the tourist area and found Bistecca Fiorentina. We arrived after 8 pm (and after the theater rush) and enjoyed a lovely, quiet dinner. The food was delicious and our service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014Good food, good service, well-priced. Just a little too noisy, and the restaurant still had empty tables. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!NYCtripDined on 7/1/2014A friend told me about this place and told me that I had to try it! We made reservations for supper and thought the food and service were fantastic!! Price was very decent as well. Definitely a place I would go back too and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJohnDined on 6/29/2014We arrived exactly on time. Our reservation was verified on their computer system but not registered that we had arrived. Hence, a later email from Open Table asking why we did not honor our reservation. Food was great, all four different entrees. Service began well but soon became slow and surly. If I had wanted that kind of service I would have gone to a French restaurant.
- Always Good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2014Whenever I go to Manhattan for the theatre I go to Bistecca Florentina. I am never disappointed in the food or the service. Why go anywhere else when you find a good place? I've been going there for years.
- Fun and friendlymommyDined on 6/21/2014There were three of us eating at 8:30PM before a late 10:00PM curtain. The staff was very friendly, a bit funny, and prompt with their service. For the first course we all had a different salad each of which were delicious. The second course included a mushroom ravioli which was outstanding as was the steak that was served. My zuppe de pesc (fish stew) had a great broth but the shrimp came in their shells and I hate that as that makes it messy to eat. One of the best theatre district restaurants I've eaten in.Special Features:
- Everything was excellentptara7Dined on 6/15/2014We were greeted by a friendly staff. We all had steak that was fantastic. Service from start to finish was superb. Highly recommend the chocolate cake!Special Features:
- great find!enjoyDined on 6/14/2014having been to many restaurants in the city this place holds its own in quality, value and service. would highly recommend themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmilersDined on 6/8/2014Nice pre-fix for theatre district. Always enjoy the selections they have.Special Features:
- ExcellentTheGuernDined on 6/6/2014A wonderful restaurant with great character, excellent service from a team who genuinely want you to enjoy your time with them. The food is wonderful; some of the best steak I have eaten and at a more sensible price than the ridiculous rates in some poster's venues.Special Features:
- It was okSalesladyDined on 6/3/2014Had eaten here about a month ago and found the food to be more tasty and better presented than this time...it was just ok. I had the veal medallions with asparagus and it was the parmesan cheese on top that gave it any flavor. Staff is friendly and nice but not overly attentive. Location is great, close to theaters and that is why we selected it. Décor could use a bit of updating. Would probably try it again, maybe they were having an off night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Went for dinner after the theater. The service was excellent, and the food was delicious. I would recommend dining at Bistecca Fliorenta to anyone looking for great Italian fare!Special Features:
- The food was...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014...surprisingly mediocre. The mozzarella was the rubbery kind you get from the supermarket
- pre-theater dining gemminnesotahockeymomDined on 5/30/2014We visited in May, 2014 and were pleased with the experience; turn off busy 8th avenue onto this block of quiet, delicious restaurants. Service was outstanding; we ordered off the pre-theater menu, which included an appetizer/salad, an entree and dessert. Prior to dessert, we were close to our theater time, so they hurried things right along. Really impressed!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 5/28/2014Bistecca Fiorentina did not meet our expectations, despite the fact that it was recommended by a good friend. One of the dishes we ordered, at considerable expense, was a salmon / pasta / asparagus dish that, while tasty, literally had 3 tiny pieces of salmon in it! When I politely mentioned this to our waiter, I was greeted with a hostile glare! This was especially unexpected as we spoke with a lovely, friendly woman when we phoned weeks earlier to make this pre-theater reservation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Second time at the restaurant as we thought it was so superb the first time. They did not disappoint. Food, service, atmosphere all top notch and the prices were reasonable for the quality. I will plan to go back again the next time I am in NY.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 608 reviews are from the Bistecca Fiorentina reviews archive.
- Would go again- theatre districtTheatreGoerDined on 5/23/2014Great restaurant, great food, lovely wine, great service. Shared the T-bone steak, had dozen oysters, 7yo loved the spaghetti marinara and fried calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable delivery of excellenceVPZ1950VIPDined on 5/23/2014Restaurant is well situated in the lively NYC theater district. Room is comfortable and inviting with good noise levels. Food was excellent in preparation and presentation. Starter Antipasto was sufficient for 2 and a very tasty way to start a meal. Veal Chop was large in size and broiled to perfection. Veal Marsala was a hearty dish with a plentiful portion to eat. Sides are easily shared between 2-3 people. The thing that most impressed me was that prices were moderate and their wine list contained several choices that were very reasonably priced ($25-29 range) which is difficult to find in most NYC restaurants where $40-50 seems to be the norm. Overall an excellent meal. Would gladly return on next visit to city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRAZIEBandVVIPDined on 5/19/2014We went to Bistecca Fiorentina prior to an early 7:00 p.m. performance. We were warmly greeted and everyone on the staff was so friendly. I expected this to be just another "Theatre Row" touristy restaurant.... I was totally wrong!! Excellent Food, Great Service..... I will definitely be back even if I'm not going to the theatre!!Special Features:
- Excellent steak and pasta dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/18/2014Excellent steaks and pasta dishes as well as other foods. We started off with oysters and salad for our starters, and then I had the filet and my wife had salmon and pasta for our entrees. Everything was prepared perfectly. Desserts were also delicious. Service was first class.Special Features:
- Every time a winnerEdwardDined on 5/15/2014Nicest staff in the city! So warm and welcoming. And the specials are outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.