Bistecca at The Granary
1500 Poly Dr
Billings, MT 59102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bistecca at The Granary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bisteccagranary.com/
- Phone: (406) 259-3488
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar & Patio (Weather Permitting): 4:00 pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin McNurlin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bistecca at the Granary's loft is a private dining room that can accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Pat Naglich 406-259-3488x
A word from Bistecca at The Granary
Set in a building with rich history in Billings Montana, Bistecca at the Granary brings the region casual and fresh Italian and American delights in the perfect relaxing setting. We feature an intimate but casual dining room and private rooms that are perfect settings for special occasions, parties, holiday gatherings and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bistecca at The Granary - Best Restaurants in Billings ›
Bistecca at The Granary reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great place to eatAngel406Dined on 11/14/2014We used a gift card that was given to me and had never eaten at the Granary before but heard good things about it. We lucked out and hit before the crowd which is nice. Clean environment with great decor. Very polite and attentive servers. We had a great first experience! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to Ruin an EveningLiff1Dined on 11/8/2014I will start with the positives. Our food was excellent, and our waitress Amanda did a nice job throughout our dinner. Unfortunately, the evening got off to a bad start that tarnished the entire experience. We were celebrating our 35th anniversary, and had brought with us a special bottle of wine to enjoy with dinner. As a first time customer, I searched the website for corkage information, but found nothing. Imagine my surprise when management returned our bottle to our table and abruptly announced "We can't open it. It is on "The List", as in our Wine List. I was then informed "If you bring a bottle we sell here, we won't open it. That is our policy". And with that he set the bottle down and left. Not sure if we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Met all of our expectations. great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We've eaten at Bistecca twice since it re-opened. Both meals have been great! We love the atmosphere and the service has been excellent. The staff seems eager, sharp and well trained. The new owners are friendly and attentive. It's our new favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food was disappointing. One dinner was so bad they removed it from our bill. The other was just fair.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent. We waited 10 minutes to be acknowledged by a waitress. They said they were short one person and stations had to be revised. Have no idea if that was accurate. After that the service was very good. Nice friendly waitress. They have some logistics to work on for the flow of food. We will go back. Prices were similar to some other high end restaurants in Billings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the change in The GranarySwedeeDined on 11/1/2014We were sol pleased with the changes made to the Granary. The feel is so much warmer & comfortable. The food was excellent & the wine recommendations were perfect. The service was a little slow but the Manager was even helping serve tables, etc. They were also very busy (we went prior to a show at the Billings Studio Theatre & suspect that may have been the reason). Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegantBookwormDined on 10/27/2014The food and service were wonderful. The prices were a bit high, but worth it for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time after Re-brandinglacandcccDined on 10/21/2014Menu had numerous additionsnew items. in line with "re-branding". All four of us tried the new items -- Scallops, Sauteed Shrimp, & Cajun Pasta -- all satisfied totally; however, sauteed shrimp were larger than expected and bacon rapped scallops outstanding! Busy in dining room, but quiet. We'll come back!Special Features:
- Burned lasagnaSassyDined on 10/15/2014Two of our party ordered the lasagna and it was horribly burned. You could not cut through the bottom and the edges were inedible.Special Features:
- What a great place to eat!cccbillingsDined on 10/12/2014I have eaten at the granary many times in my life. My uncle owned and managed the granary for a very long time and I have many fond memories. Bistecca at the Granary was an amazing experience. The waitress we had was amazing and did a great job. I order the prime rib and they happened to have served the last piece before I could get in my order. Our waitress recommended I try the filet special with a Gorgonzola cream sauce mushrooms and carmalized onions. It was perfect. The filet was cooked to perfection. I am a very picky meat eater and I would easily compare this meal to an amazing meal I had in Italy. I will gladly tell anyone to go to Bistecca at the Granary. It will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Not as good as I had hoped Salad was a "Costco" salad. Food was only fair. Service acceptable, but not outstanding especially for the price.Special Features:
- dinnersosoonDined on 10/3/2014The place is lovely, the service was excellent. I am sorry to say the main disappointments were the food. My "Caesar Salad" served as a wedge with a light drizzle of dressing was totally disappointing, but the biggest disappointment was the tempura coating on the shrimp. Rather than the light, thin coating that I have come to know as Tempura was more like that found on hot dogs on a stick. We broke the crust off and ate the shrimp. The potatoes saved my dinner experience. I know you are just beginning so hope to come back before too long and have a better experience.Special Features:
- tedanddianeonceinawhiledinersDined on 9/27/2014the food was very good. I had the salamon which was very good. My wife had the veal and did not like it. Need to work on the vegetable sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagchefpickyDined on 9/13/2014Made a reservation for four. When we arrived some friends joined us and the staff was able to seat us together in the bar. We were now a party of eight. Food in general was good, especially the osso bucco. Service was not good. Lots of obviously recently hired and not fully trained wait staff. Some orders didn't arrive until we reminded waitstaff that they still hadn't appeared. Two of us ordered the mussels and in both cases found that 4 to 5 of them were served unopened. The first waiter in the bar had to go ask his supervisor if they carried a certain beer. Obviously another new hire. Training costs money but saves money in the long run.Special Features:
- DisappointedTime4usDined on 9/9/2014Was excited when the restaurant opened, but it was a total let down. My dinner was bland and unimpressive. Since I live close, I was hoping it would be a great place to hang out like the old Granary, but I left feeling disappointed. I had a friend with a similar experience. Hopefully they improve.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Bistecca at The Granary reviews archive.
- A Star in BillingshappycamperDined on 6/26/2014I tried this establishment this year, and I am kicking myself for not doing it earlier. Pay attention to the Chef's Specials, they are good. The steaks are prepared the way they should be prepared. The Caesar Salad which came with the meal was very good. The service was great and it made for a great end to a wonderful day in Billings. I will be going back tonight before I have to leave Billings. It is too bad that they will be changing hands on July 1st. I hope that the new chef will be as good as the present one.Special Features:
- MimiDined on 6/25/2014There were three in our party. One person ordered the Tomahawk steak which was excellent, although a little pricey ($64.00), one ordered the Mozzarella Salad which was very good. I ordered the Halibut special. I was disappointed, as the fish was very bland. I also had the mushroom soup which was very good. Our server was very knowledgable and personable but we had to wait quite a long time for our dessert and then for the check.Special Features:
- Great find on Open Table!JanetDined on 6/14/2014Very extensive wine list - great food - wonderful atmosphere. It exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- Always enjoy dinner at The GranaryRobynDined on 6/13/2014The Granary is a special restaurant for me and my husband. We've celebrated birthdays, Christmas and a wedding at The Granary.Special Features:
- The GranaryLovesgoodfoodDined on 6/12/2014The service was phenomenal. We were sat immediately, and our order was taken in a timely manner. The server was very professional and sincere. The food was great and prices were fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samuelfoodieDined on 5/31/2014overpriced considering what we got for main entrees, desserts were excellent, recommended a dinner special they were out of early in the eveningSpecial Features:
- waited far too long to be seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We arrived for lunch. Had a reservation. Waited at the hostess stand for an unacceptable time with no acknowledgement of our presence. had to go find someone to help us.Special Features:
- SherDined on 5/21/2014Love the special with the mushrooms and nokie?(spelling wrong?)Special Features:
- Poor ServiceCJCHDined on 5/16/2014While food and ambiance were excellent, the level of service was substandard. Length of time between courses was excessive and detracted from the otherwise good meal. Given the number of people in the restaurant, it was apparent that there was a shortage of wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayMillsDined on 5/11/2014Showed up a little early and expected to wait, but was immediately seated (Family of 4). Host was courteous, Waitress was excellent. Food arrived promptly and was prepared excellently. Definate repeat customer.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experience!belovedwifeyDined on 5/10/2014It was an early Saturday evening, and our first visit ... the atmosphere was relaxing, our server was very sweet ... the coconut shrimp appetizer was delightful ... the prime rib was perfectly seasoned and tender perfection! We ordered the asparagus and mushroom shareable sides ... more than we could eat, but worth it for the flavors. Everything was presented beautifully, the right temperature, and aromatic ... a wonderful experience! The price is comparable to some chain restaurants ... but the food quality and relaxing atmosphere here left us more satisfied ... and wanting more ... we'll be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!trevolDined on 5/8/2014Two of us had the lunch special burger (ground steaks, grilled onions, cheese together with a great toasted bun) and loved it! Our other friend had the fish & chips which he really enjoyed (I tried the fish too & really liked it) - we all sampled his fries and loved them!Special Features:
- Title?JoeCDined on 4/27/2014Highly disappointed with quality and cost. Years ago this was the first place to go. . . now. . . the last.
- We'll be back!greatexperienceDined on 4/20/2014In a word; PERFECT! The Granary accommodated 20 of my family members for Easter Brunch. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was relaxed, the service was stellar, and I didn't have to cook...BONUS!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchKristiDined on 4/20/2014What a treat!! I have tried some of the other buffets for Easter but the Granary's is in my opinion is the best. Service was great and the food as always was outstanding. I enjoy the large variety of everything you could dream of from prime rib, salmon, decadent desserts. Awesome!!Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceets51801Dined on 4/19/2014I have eaten here a few times and I would have to say that it is my favorite restaurant in Billings! They have the best steaks I have ever had and it is just a pleasure to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always.BJdaDJDined on 4/19/2014Took my son there for his birthday dinner. He enjoyed it very much. Food and service were great. Will go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat oftenfrequentflierDined on 4/11/2014Excellent food, good service. Both lunch and dinner menues offer interesting choices.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealmixeddinersDined on 4/7/2014We dined at the Granary to celebrate our anniversary. We could not have picked a better place in Billings. The food, service, and setting were all top notch. Beautiful dining room, well decorated, and most importantly not noisy were all contributing factors to our enjoyment. Prices were reasonable as well. One of the reasons we selected the Granary was their excellent web site including the menu and on-line reservations feature. The Granary has enough variety on their menu to please a vegetarian as well as a meat lover. However, a few more meat free options would be a plus. Overall we had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSherDined on 3/27/2014The lunch special on Thursday the 20th was awesome, it was the pasta :o) We brought a out of town client that loved his sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not so great serverBirthdaygirlDined on 3/23/2014We had seven people in our group and we waited maybe ten minutes before getting out drinks ordered than after receiving our drinks we were going to order a few appetizers but our waitress didn't check on us for 45 minutes so we had to order our appetizers and food at the same time. The food was amazing when we did get it but then she never brought us plates and forks for our appetizers to share with seven people. Told her it was a birthday she didn't offer a smile or anything. Every other waitress I've ever had has been great, but this lady who had short cut dirty blonde hair didn't seem happy to see us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great waitress wasrealtalkDined on 3/21/2014Food was great waitress was brusk and not very friendly. She seemed distracted and inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time just as charming.BJdaDJDined on 3/16/20141st time was a blast, so needed an encore appearance, once back in town. Highly recommend it to anyone in Billings for a few days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had prime rib,garlic mashedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Had prime rib,garlic mashed potatoes,5 skinny asparagus.Temp of everything was cool to warm My wife had filet. Also served on the cool side. Granted we each ordered our meat med rare, to take our first bite of meat and have the temp barely warm was not too cool(pun intended). Should take a tip from some other steak houses and serve the meat on a sizzling plate to keep the steat hot while eating.