BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto)
2300 Highland Village Rd
Highland Village, TX 75077Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bisteccasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (972) 318-0515
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Morris Salerno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Executive Chef Morris Salerno will customize a catering menu to fit any need....from a few people to thousands!
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room is perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Company Gatherings, Birthday Celebrations or any Holiday Event!
- Private Party Contact: Stacey Mahieu 9723180515
A word from BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto)
Welcome to BISTECCA - An Italian Steakhouse! Prepare for some of the finest dining and elegant atmosphere that you have ever experienced. You can expect an upscale adventure in New American Cuisine. Our Executive Chef, Morris Salerno welcomes you to enjoy a culinary experience. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto) - Best Restaurants in Flower Mound ›
BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto) reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (56)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (33)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014As always the food was superior and the service was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be a family favoriteBobMDined on 11/20/2014Food was excellent along with the service. This was our first visit and our waitress was wonderful at making suggestions for our initial visit. Every dish was delicious and I definitely would return to try more. This will be one of our families favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMikeDined on 11/14/2014Food and service were great. Only negative is the noise level. Will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mok2000Dined on 11/8/2014We have eaten here before when it was called the Grotto, and the owner always comes out and personally greets every table, which is a really nice touch. We received free samples of the she-crab soup, which was excellent - definitely an inducement to go back for a lunch. Since it was a birthday celebration, we were provided with a free dessert. The wait person told us that we could choose from the dessert menu for our free one - something I've never experienced before. The staff always makes you feel that you are important to them, and not just another person in an assembly line. All in all it was another great dining experience at Bistecca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014We've loved this place for years. Never disappoints. We try the new places that come into the area (Prime, 12 Stones etc.), but always come back to this place and find it can't be beaten.Special Features:
- Love BisteccaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014So happy to have a restaurant of this caliber in our area. The food, wine and service was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Bistecca for a Special Night OutFMFoodieDined on 11/2/2014Bistecca is a wonderful dining experience with outstanding service and high quality food. I had the Tenderloin cooked to perfection and my partner had the Snapper. The wine list has outstanding choices, not overbearing like some restaurants where it takes an hour to read. Desserts are noteworthy and overall we were very pleased.Special Features:
- Special Dinner....YaYaDined on 11/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Bistecca. The food was beautifully prepared and the service was terrific. We had an unusually expensive dinner, as I ordered a bone-in ribeye, and my partner ordered the special for the evening. We also had salads, desert, wine, and an after dinner coffee drink. All in all, it was worth every penny! The menu is varied, however, and there are many less expensive choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice special occasion dininghvdinerDined on 10/29/2014Took some friends here as a thank you dinner. Food was delicious and service was excellent. My only gripe was seating. The restaurant was almost empty and yet they put us at a table right by the double swinging doors to the kitchen. It was noisy, brightly lit and very distracting. All I can think was they wanted the wait staff to not have to walk far, but it kind of ruined the experience for a couple of us facing those kitchen doors. I would definitely go back again for a special occasion, but request a seating with more ambience.Special Features:
- Patio Next TimeRosieDined on 10/25/2014Excellent meal. This was our first time. Now we know to ask for patio seating.Special Features:
- Great cioppino, and sea bass too!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014I have had cioppino often on my many trips to San Francisco, and it is fabulous at Bistecca. My wife enjoyed the Mediterranean sea bass and it is outstanding as well. The food is great, the chef makes things happen, and the staff is attentive and caring. A real delight and well worth the drive from Southlake. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great anniversary dinnerhooah123Dined on 10/22/2014We come here for special occasions and always enjoy the food. The updated menu is awesome mix of old favorites and new items. Everything we had was amazing. The She-Crab soup and beef & crab entree are fantastic!Special Features:
- Great eveninglocaldinerDined on 10/5/2014The food is always excellent, from steak to seafood. The She Crab Soup is a must with any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we hadn't waited so longcwsdatenightDined on 10/1/2014What a wonderful experience. We have been in the Flower Mound/Highland Village area for 13 years. My wife and I were looking for a nice, quiet place (with great food) to go on a date. We were familiar with The Grotto, and had heard how good it is, but never ventured there. After our time there last week, we both remarked how much we wished we had been going there all these years. We definitely plan on being regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTxCowgirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful food. She crab soup was delicious as were the steaks we had. Our waiter, Shameus, was friendly & attentive. Bistecca is an absolute great find!Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We are so fortunate to have this restaurant closer to our home. The food is fantastic and the personal service is as well. Every time we are there, we normally have a personal visit to our table from the chef. Carmen is a fantastic waiter who anticipates your every need. Bistecca is a blessing for us.Special Features:
- 10 yr Anniversary DisappointmentDisappointedDined on 9/20/2014I chose Bistecca because it was advertised as being one of the best romantic restaurants around. I could have had more romance at the park down the street. I had asked for a quiet romantic table, so being seated in the middle if the restaurant took me by surprise, but I thought the hostess might know something I didn't. It took a while for our waiter to come and greet us. The noise level was so high, we could barely hear each other. The place was filled with what looked like trust fund babies looking for a local bar to get drunk in. There were tables of intoxicated patrons being obnoxious and nobody said anything to them. We had a similar experience when it was the Grotto years ago and never went back. Now we feel the same about Bistecca.
- Great placeMissisippitravelerDined on 9/19/2014Chef and owner believes in service and quality. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnercindydm01Dined on 9/18/2014My boss wanted to take my husband and I out for a nice dinner so I chose Bistecca. We have been on two other occasions since the change over and had FABULOUS meals. My boss was very impressed as I knew he would be. Thank you for always being great food and great service. We will return ♥Special Features:
- Unforgettable Dining Experience!!1FabFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Chef Salerno generously shares his love of cooking with guests! Our last visit was beyond our imagination! Chef stopped by our table of four, while we were deciding what to order. A short conversation later Chef offered to decide our dinner for us. Yes was our answer! Every course was delicious & having each course put down at the same time with Chef leading was fun! We had: Seared Tuna Nacho, Salerno Steak Special, Poached Halibut on Sweet Potato Risotto Cake, Citrus Ice (palate cleanser) and, Lobster Topped Steak on Mashed Potato. Dessert was Cheesecake under a Chocolate Dome! Chef Salerno poured a warm sauce that melted the chocolate dome over the cheesecake! Thank you Chef Salerno for honoring us with a fun & memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superchef2goDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant can compete with it's excellent menu, wine list & atmosphere with any in the North Texas area; Dallas and Ft. Worth included!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarycoupleDined on 9/11/2014Service has always been exceptional and we have never been disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- New name, same excellencetigerdeanDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful restaurant that changed its name but is still great and dishing out wonderful food with attentive service.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseBeeberDined on 9/7/2014Service was great! Food was freshly prepared and deserts were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret!DinneranyoneDined on 9/6/2014Fabulous little hidden gem! Food is so flavorful & service is exceptional. My friend was very impressed & is going back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantSilvpeteDined on 8/30/2014Went to Bistecca for our anniversary. Service was great, Food was great. This is the best restaurant north of 121 and west of i35Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014After 2 visits I confirmed how much I liked this place. A few weeks ago we celebrated our moms 77th BD. The owner asked how our meal was and when we said great but were looking at desert for grandma he took our 12 yr old nephew to the kitchen to whip up something special for his grandma. Great touch - + great specialty prepared meals. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knocks it out of the park, again!RagsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Bistecca has morphed into THE place to go for that special occasion. The food was superb, as was the wait staff. The manager remembered our name as we walked in(we were there last week!), we were seated promptly and the goodness began. We started with the Sicilian oysters. Had not tried those before, but will definitely have them again! Excellently grilled on the half shell with great seasonings, but not so much as to drown out the oyster. Wife had the filet and it was a thing to behold. Perfectly cooked her way and large enough to take some home! My filet and crab was a great mix of flavors blended nicely. Serving sizes are not the huge ones you get some places, but that's OK with us. Highly recommend this restaurant to all foodies. Bella!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerScrapperDined on 8/22/2014We went to Bistecca for our anniversary dinner. The food was fabulous! The cheesecake (although very small) was the best I have ever had! I ordered the pork tbone and it was delicious! My husbands steak was good but he thought it lacked a little flavor. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTedMDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal at Bistecca on 8/21/2014. Perfect service, perfect food. Our steaks were perfection. The staff was so kind and attentive to my 93 year old mother on her birthday. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014We came to Bistecca to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What an experience we had!!!! From the amazing food of Chef Salerno, to the fine wine selection of the Sommelier and General Manager, Bryan and the attentive service of Christian, our night was more than memorable. The food is classic and innovative. We loved the crabaccino!!!! So creative and tasty. The entire dining experience was top notch!!! Thank you to Chef and his staff for making our night so special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food mediocre serviceLAWRENCEDined on 8/19/2014Food was well prepared but the service was mediocre. Waiter was intrusive, busboy shook our hands to welcome us.Do not sit facing the door before sunset as you will be blindd. Very noisy, almost like a crowded bar.Salmon , ordered medium rare , came out well done. None of the staff was experienced enough or were not adequately trained for fine dining. Felt like going into an Olive Garden. Will not be back .There are better places with more value and better treatment.Special Features:
- dinnersueherdDined on 8/18/2014Experience was above average. Food and food presentation was great. Only item of concern was the noise level, we were in a table near the kitchen and that was a bit distracting.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGMeatloverDined on 8/18/2014Long time customers and friends, this is our first visit to the new Bistecca. What a great experience. Great new decor and improved wine list. Food was excellent. Then we watched the Hungry Investors show. It really made our visit more meaningful, knowing what they went through. Applause!!! Great team work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive across town for this gemHappycampers4foodDined on 8/18/2014I have been hearing about this place for years from people I knew that really appreciated amazing food and they were right, the levels that the entire staff take to make it an UNBELIEVABLE expirence are unmatched at any of the finest places to dine in the metroplex. My wife and I have been in the service industry for years and when we brought our daughter they not only went out of their way to please us all but took her into the kitchen to make Desert that they bought I might add. What a touch, thank you Chef and staff for giving us a new favorite place for every occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in the suburbs!HappyDinersDined on 8/16/2014We set a reservation through the website at the last minute, and we were seated by Morris himself as soon as we came in. Every aspect of our dining experience was pleasant and professional as well as delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better then Bobs for much lessGreatGrottoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Morris Salerno takes as much pride in cooking for you as he does for Presidents. I have dined in many of the top rated restaurants in the country and I'd put The Grotto up against any of them. Food is always consistently excellent and value is good. You'd never expect to find this quality of a restaurant in your own neighborhood. Five stars from me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good from the start...disappointedDined on 8/16/2014Excited to try Bistecca. Didn't start well. We were ignored at the hostess desk the chef talking to the manager and hostess. This was resteraunt week so we went with the specials along with the wine pairing, $65 per person. We received our first course without our wine and had to ask for it. Our waitress said she had three tables but she definetly took care of the others better as they ordered off the regular menu. Never received explanation of wines when poured, or even new glasses between pours, juices from entree were dumped accidentally on the table by waitress and she didn't even bother to try and clean up and joked about it. Our portions were way smaller then the regular menu items. Not a way to gain repeat business.Special Features:
- Restaurant week 1MaxwellhouseDined on 8/16/2014We did not know of this restaurant before Restaurant Week. It is definitley one to put on the list for special occasions. We went with the special menu and eventhough our entrees were a little small, they were delicious. My husband and I had a three course meal with a special dessert which was huge so all in all we were satisfied. I highly recommend the Sea Bass. The tap water and ice had an old taste, not good if you dont want to pay for your water. The service was excellent and professional and Master Chef Morris apparently makes several appearances throughout the evening, which is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuldspuredDined on 8/16/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant since it was revived and had the name change. We felt that it was getting old and tired. Since the redo we had talked about going and checking it out and we are glad that we did. It was well organized and the menu has been updated and offers many different items. My wife had the sea bass and I had the rib-eye, both were cooked perfectly and the sides were well thought out and added to the dish. We both had salads and they were perfect. Carmen, our server, talked us into the desert and we had the white cheesecake and the chocolate mouse items. Couldn't be happier with them. The food was the star but the service was just right, thank you for being knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features: