BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto)
2300 Highland Village Rd
Highland Village, TX 75077Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bisteccasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9723180515
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Morris Salerno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Executive Chef Morris Salerno will customize a catering menu to fit any need....from a few people to thousands!
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room is perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Company Gatherings, Birthday Celebrations or any Holiday Event!
- Private Party Contact: Stacey Mahieu 9723180515
A word from BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto)
Welcome to BISTECCA - An Italian Steakhouse! Prepare for some of the finest dining and elegant atmosphere that you have ever experienced. You can expect an upscale adventure in New American Cuisine. Our Executive Chef, Morris Salerno welcomes you to enjoy a culinary experience. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto) - Best Restaurants in Flower Mound ›
BISTECCA – An Italian Steakhouse (formerly The Grotto) reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (43)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful restaurantSilvpeteDined on 8/30/2014Went to Bistecca for our anniversary. Service was great, Food was great. This is the best restaurant north of 121 and west of i35Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014After 2 visits I confirmed how much I liked this place. A few weeks ago we celebrated our moms 77th BD. The owner asked how our meal was and when we said great but were looking at desert for grandma he took our 12 yr old nephew to the kitchen to whip up something special for his grandma. Great touch - + great specialty prepared meals. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knocks it out of the park, again!RagsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Bistecca has morphed into THE place to go for that special occasion. The food was superb, as was the wait staff. The manager remembered our name as we walked in(we were there last week!), we were seated promptly and the goodness began. We started with the Sicilian oysters. Had not tried those before, but will definitely have them again! Excellently grilled on the half shell with great seasonings, but not so much as to drown out the oyster. Wife had the filet and it was a thing to behold. Perfectly cooked her way and large enough to take some home! My filet and crab was a great mix of flavors blended nicely. Serving sizes are not the huge ones you get some places, but that's OK with us. Highly recommend this restaurant to all foodies. Bella!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerScrapperDined on 8/22/2014We went to Bistecca for our anniversary dinner. The food was fabulous! The cheesecake (although very small) was the best I have ever had! I ordered the pork tbone and it was delicious! My husbands steak was good but he thought it lacked a little flavor. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTedMDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal at Bistecca on 8/21/2014. Perfect service, perfect food. Our steaks were perfection. The staff was so kind and attentive to my 93 year old mother on her birthday. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014We came to Bistecca to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What an experience we had!!!! From the amazing food of Chef Salerno, to the fine wine selection of the Sommelier and General Manager, Bryan and the attentive service of Christian, our night was more than memorable. The food is classic and innovative. We loved the crabaccino!!!! So creative and tasty. The entire dining experience was top notch!!! Thank you to Chef and his staff for making our night so special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food mediocre serviceLAWRENCEDined on 8/19/2014Food was well prepared but the service was mediocre. Waiter was intrusive, busboy shook our hands to welcome us.Do not sit facing the door before sunset as you will be blindd. Very noisy, almost like a crowded bar.Salmon , ordered medium rare , came out well done. None of the staff was experienced enough or were not adequately trained for fine dining. Felt like going into an Olive Garden. Will not be back .There are better places with more value and better treatment.Special Features:
- dinnersueherdDined on 8/18/2014Experience was above average. Food and food presentation was great. Only item of concern was the noise level, we were in a table near the kitchen and that was a bit distracting.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGMeatloverDined on 8/18/2014Long time customers and friends, this is our first visit to the new Bistecca. What a great experience. Great new decor and improved wine list. Food was excellent. Then we watched the Hungry Investors show. It really made our visit more meaningful, knowing what they went through. Applause!!! Great team work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive across town for this gemHappycampers4foodDined on 8/18/2014I have been hearing about this place for years from people I knew that really appreciated amazing food and they were right, the levels that the entire staff take to make it an UNBELIEVABLE expirence are unmatched at any of the finest places to dine in the metroplex. My wife and I have been in the service industry for years and when we brought our daughter they not only went out of their way to please us all but took her into the kitchen to make Desert that they bought I might add. What a touch, thank you Chef and staff for giving us a new favorite place for every occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in the suburbs!HappyDinersDined on 8/16/2014We set a reservation through the website at the last minute, and we were seated by Morris himself as soon as we came in. Every aspect of our dining experience was pleasant and professional as well as delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better then Bobs for much lessGreatGrottoDined on 8/16/2014Morris Salerno takes as much pride in cooking for you as he does for Presidents. I have dined in many of the top rated restaurants in the country and I'd put The Grotto up against any of them. Food is always consistently excellent and value is good. You'd never expect to find this quality of a restaurant in your own neighborhood. Five stars from me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good from the start...disappointedDined on 8/16/2014Excited to try Bistecca. Didn't start well. We were ignored at the hostess desk the chef talking to the manager and hostess. This was resteraunt week so we went with the specials along with the wine pairing, $65 per person. We received our first course without our wine and had to ask for it. Our waitress said she had three tables but she definetly took care of the others better as they ordered off the regular menu. Never received explanation of wines when poured, or even new glasses between pours, juices from entree were dumped accidentally on the table by waitress and she didn't even bother to try and clean up and joked about it. Our portions were way smaller then the regular menu items. Not a way to gain repeat business.Special Features:
- Restaurant week 1MaxwellhouseDined on 8/16/2014We did not know of this restaurant before Restaurant Week. It is definitley one to put on the list for special occasions. We went with the special menu and eventhough our entrees were a little small, they were delicious. My husband and I had a three course meal with a special dessert which was huge so all in all we were satisfied. I highly recommend the Sea Bass. The tap water and ice had an old taste, not good if you dont want to pay for your water. The service was excellent and professional and Master Chef Morris apparently makes several appearances throughout the evening, which is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuldspuredDined on 8/16/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant since it was revived and had the name change. We felt that it was getting old and tired. Since the redo we had talked about going and checking it out and we are glad that we did. It was well organized and the menu has been updated and offers many different items. My wife had the sea bass and I had the rib-eye, both were cooked perfectly and the sides were well thought out and added to the dish. We both had salads and they were perfect. Carmen, our server, talked us into the desert and we had the white cheesecake and the chocolate mouse items. Couldn't be happier with them. The food was the star but the service was just right, thank you for being knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Surprising find in highland villagefoodnutDined on 8/16/2014Great service. Good ambience. Not too crowded. We were there pretty early, so it may get busy later on. It doesn't really have the feel of a steakhouse, though. Maybe that is a future direction? It feels more rustic French than Italian. The veal was fantastic. Sauces were excellent. The risotto was too dry and sticky to call risotto. I had a lamb tenderloin wrapped in sweetbreads. It was enjoyable, but the lamb was overdone. The service made up for any shortcomings in the food. Our waitress really seemed to enjoy our company which is a nice change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week reviewdisappointedDined on 8/15/2014went for restaurant week and were very disappointed in service and food. We choose the menu w/ wine pairing and our first course was completed before the wine pairing arrived. Then we rec'd our second pairing and a new wine glass was given only if you were going from White to Red waitress -it’s all the same! same glass for all 4. Wine was poured w no name given etc. The special menu portions were so small compared to others around us and didn't scream Italian Steakhouse at all. If u are going to do smaller portion use smaller plates, food was lost and the portions were so small I couldn't really get the flavors. Rec'd an email from Open table that we were a no show. Visited Grotto 10 yrs ago, gave it another to try, yep won't be back.
- YogamaryDined on 8/14/2014Loved the entire experience beginning with the grapefruit/basil martini to the"Mo's Chocolate Destruction Cheesecake". The presentation and flavor of the sea bass and lamb were outstanding. The service staff was attentive but not intrusive. A true gem in Highland Village.Special Features:
- Oi812BisteccasNumero1FanDined on 8/13/2014Best service and food in the DFW area! BISTECCA outperforms all others in choice of foods and wines during Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerherrbarbieDined on 8/13/2014We had a superb dinner. The steaks were amazing. And the white chocolate souffle was to die for. The wait staff were attentive, friendly and very accommodating to all of our requests, even before we made them. I like the new look of the restaurant. I can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:
- Classey Neighborhood Perfectioncindydm01Dined on 8/12/2014What a fabulous local place. We went for restaurant week last night but have also been before. The food is sooo good and the service outstanding! Upscale with neighborhood feel... Perfect! get the bomb for desert it will blow your mindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GreyHaresDined on 8/9/2014The food was great, the chef stopped by to say hello, and the wine list offered a nice range of prices without being overwhelmingly long. The dessert was fantastic. Such a great little restaurant, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistecca-best service&cuisineinDFWBisteccasNumero1FanDined on 8/8/2014Best in DFW for meeting friends and family to share a meal together or to have a business dinner. Staff is always courteous and provides what you need before you ask. Chef is always on the scene and always checks with every diner to insure the best has been provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!!Lloyd2155Dined on 8/3/2014My daughter had a craving for king crab legs for her birthday. Bistecca did not disappoint! The portions were large and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food and service was excellent. Morris, the owner and chef came out to meet my wife and I during the meal. This was really great because we had watched him on the "Hungry Investor" and weere celebrating our wedding anniversary. Did i day the food was great?The food was great. BoydSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistecca is one of the BESTGretchDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant was recommended by another chef in the area. A group of 11 --each and every meal was outstanding. Fantastic service from start to finish. Menu is limited but still a good selection of tastes and interests. Wine list excellent. Really enjoyed the night!Special Features:
- Delicious!LizpdfbDined on 8/1/2014Food was amazing. I could not find one thing to criticize about our dishes. It took about 10 minutes for our server to greet us and take our drink order. It took a while to get our food.It was a tad slower than fine dining pace. We ordered one soufflé after being told it was peppermint. The server came back and said she was wrong, it was cinnamon. We don't love cinnamon, so we changed it to white chocolate.When dessert was served, it was cinnamon. She forgot to change it or the kitchen missed the change. We didn't complain since a new soufflé would take too long. Our server was very sweet and competent. I just think they have some service kinks to work out, now that the restaurant is busier than it used to be. We will be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing 18th AnniversaryVufromtheDugoutDined on 7/27/2014Halibut & Filet were perfectly done. Staff was knowledgeable about everything. I can't imagine you can go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I have dined here on numerous occasions for years. The consistently PERFECT dishes keep us coming. Every visit puts us both in awe of the taste of the food. I tried a steak with crab this last time. Again it was awesome. Chef Morris is our favorite. Of course, a kiss from the chef is always a treat!Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday experiencelocalgalDined on 7/26/2014We were two couples celebrating the birthdays of our husbands. First visit and it was a wonderful experience. Dinner was excellent. Service was outstanding. Two of us had the sea bass, one had a veal entre, and one had a pasta (w/o chicken). The only negative I would have is that there are no selections for a vegetarian...unless something gets altered. Our waitress took our pictures after dinner. She also served us complementary desserts to celebrate the birthdays...very nice touch. Thank you for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!ChattyGirlDined on 7/25/2014My husband I went to Bistecca with another couple and it was fabulous! The service was top notch and the food was some of the best I've had! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- cruisin49cruisin49Dined on 7/25/2014Lovely birthday dinner, they take reservations. The presentation was spectacular and food was delicious. My wife had the tenderloin with crab, (manager's suggestion) I had sea bass and we were both impressed. The salad was beautifully constructed. The staff was attentive and professional. The manager and chef came by to say hello and make sure we were happy. We will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014We have been eating here for years, but this time was very disappointing. The quality of the food was poor. That was the opinion for all six of us. We had seen the TV show about the new investors and were excited to eat there again, but the experience was not what we had expected!
- GREAT STEAK!vwinigerDined on 7/19/2014The steak was GREAT! The brown sauce on top was a little salty but pushed it aside & the steak was still TERRIFIC!! Spinach salad was a great addition -- will definitely have this again! The baby veggies were a bit overcooked but still tasted ok. The strawberry pie was like non other I've ever had -- worth a try!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014One of the best restaurants in the area. Nice atmosphere, great food and great service.Special Features:
- mrjackDined on 7/16/2014We are never disappointed at Bistecca! The service, food and ambience are always outstanding. We love Chef Morris Salerno!Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 7/12/2014Great food. Would have given service 5 stars if we wouldn't have had to wait 10 minutes after being seated for our waitress to come over and introduce herself/give us our menus. Ambience rated at 3 stars b/c the décor is a bit outdated. Overall though, the food has never disappointed and will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great...DavidDined on 7/12/2014Overall, the food was good but only the dessert really stood out as outstanding. The wine list is small for a high-end steakhouse, though they do offer a unique wine "flight" if you are so inclined. I had the Cioppino which was a good, but a bit... more bland than I expected. My wife had the Osso Buca (lamb) which was tender, but again did not stand out in any way. The creamy polenta served with it was very good, however. I've been told that the Osso Buca was actually removed when the "Hungry Investors" came through, but was re-instated after they left. Overall, I believe there are better steakhouses in DFW for around the same price with much better ambiance. Nothing I can really complain about, but it just didn't stand out...
- WonderfulBadenDined on 7/12/2014Numerous times we have decided to have a special event at Bistecca and we have never been disappointed. Chef Morris and team have a fantastic who make the meal an experience to remember. The food was fantastic and the server was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great place.DavesReviewsDined on 7/11/2014Staff were super - all the way from the hostesses to the wait staff to the chef. Great customer focus - very accommodating. This was my first visit and we were just in the mood for appetizers and drinks, but everything was great. Nice outside patio. Relaxed in the bar afterward, and same great service. Ambience was reminiscent of northeast style family-owned atmosphere . . . cozy.Special Features: