19100 Von Karman, Ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistango.com/
- Phone: 9497525222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-2:30pm Bar Menu: 11:30 am - Close; Saturday 5:30pm - Close Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm to 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday 5:30pm to 10:30pm CLOSED SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Montoya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment nightly.
- Special Events: From a corporate luncheon in our Galleria room to a wedding in the Atrium Courtyard, Bistango can accommodate 20 to 350 guests with the perfect setting. Contact our event coordinator today!
A word from Bistango
Bistango offers artful New American cuisine in the award-winning Atrium Building in Irvine, California. Bistango hosts an extensive bar and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list with over 400 varieties of wine. The ambiance is further enriched each season by revolving modern art exhibits which are available for purchase. Bistango offers a full-service patio with comfortable furniture and heat lamps to provide al fresco dining at its finest. Our nightly live entertainment and dance floor will complete your experience as you listen to everything from Latin Jazz to R&B to classics to contemporary cover tunes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bistango - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Bistango reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (50)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (34)notable wine list (32)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great prices and good locationJulieDined on 9/17/2014I attended a conference in Newport Beach and the concierge recommended this establishment. They are known for their seafood and steaks. Instead I ordered the kobe beef ravioli and it was mediocre. My company ordered seafood and she said it was delicious. We definitely enjoyed the live entertainment. I would come again, but order a different dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining amid artsuevDined on 9/13/2014We went for the art exhibit opening, and stayed for dinner. Fabulous dinners all around, the ahi was the best ever. We all will return! The art show which is especially worth seeing, might be problematic in a full house. Diners might be uncomfortable with people looking over them to see a piece of art.Special Features:
- Awesome service & foodSuperfaceDined on 9/12/2014Love Love Bistango!... great food, service & music. Restaurant very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinernicknameDined on 9/12/2014Probably one of the best dining experiences in the OC. Great range of appetizers and entrees and don't forget the soufflés for dessert. The music was varied with a sophisticated vocalist but still comfortable for dining. The entire dinner party of 6 had a great time with delicious food. Simply the best.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodnewportfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Consistently good food, service and ambiance since they've updated the main dining room and bar area. Best dishes are the kobe beef ravioli, the mushroom crusted halibut and the lamb chops. Only problem this time around was the air conditioning was not turned on before service started on a hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningNatilyDined on 9/4/2014Bistango is a great find with nice ambiance and very tasty food. Salads, soup, crab and lobster cakes were delicious. We also enjoyed the art work displayed.Special Features:
- Bistango in IrvineDuaneDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food and service every time I've gone there. The venue is very attractive and parking is a breeze. Very worthwhile.Special Features:
- Best GF placeGFgirl99Dined on 8/29/2014I love this place and try to come every time I visit NY. The first thing they do is ask if you have food allergies and then are careful about it. They have gluten free ravioli, pasta, bread and desserts. Everything is delicious. Service is friendly. And the place is clean and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notamuncherVIPDined on 8/15/2014Seating has an impact on you overall experience. The mentality of the person at the desk is to fill the least popular tables first. Don't be afraid to refuse unacceptable seating. If necessary let them know of your dissatisfaction and put the burden on that person to step or leave. Do not accept anything below your standards.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMaralleDined on 8/11/2014I had been there many times and many times it's been great but this time it was exceptional!! Our server Mario went above and beyond to make this a special birthday for my dad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 8/9/2014Another perfect meal in every respect. The pepper crust on the seared tuna is an improvement over the sesame crust (which, to be fair, was also quite good) and the jalapeno risotto (made by special request) is the perfect companion to the spicy meat. Service was again impeccable and Hall of Fame bartender, Steve, was again in fine form.Special Features:
- Great Place - would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Loved the restaurant and the food. The only thing that kept this from being rated 5 stars - we found a band-aid when we opened one napkin - really disgusting and made me pay closer attention to everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobannonVIPDined on 8/1/2014Bistango was recommended to us by friends and it did not disappoint. Our service was excellent, and the food was delicious. The kobe beef and black tuffle ravioli is very good!!! As is the beet salad and garlic soup. My husband had a fish dish and really liked it also. The decor is nice (you would never know its inside a large office building). The live music in the background was a nice bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and serviceCillaVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing. The rack of lamb, crab and lobster cake, and souffle was delicious. Our waiter was incredibly nice and attentive. I definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingmartyDined on 7/30/2014Bistango continues to be a gem -- ambiance, cuisine, service are all without peer. The forver general manager continues to make this a total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodFoodyDined on 7/29/2014Great place to go for lunch. They have a special every day of two courses for $22. Crab cakes were marvelous.Special Features:
- nice but overpricedEthanGTDined on 7/28/2014decent enough food and a great ambiance for business lunch, but food is way overpriced for what you get
- Food was fantastic as alwaysjiggawuahDined on 7/26/2014Service was excellent, as was the food. Our waitress took very good care of us, and my water was never empty. My wife and my go to spot for romantic dates. We've been coming for the past 5 years and their food has never disappointed us so far. Their souffle is to die for!Special Features:
- Bad service .currambaVIPDined on 7/26/2014The attitude of the hostess,and the person that opened the wine ,terrible. The waiter (Mario I think) even worse. The person that finally took care of after waiting for a long time and complained was: Alex ( new manager at Bistango's) was outstanding and well as the busboy Jose Luis. We have been loyal costumer of Bistango and Bayside for many years. We are not planning to go back to Bistango's . Never had such a bad experience in the past. Food was good thanks to Alex..
- Order the garlic soupLizRDined on 7/26/2014Entire meal was great but that soup was over the top.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 7/26/2014Once again,a perfect evening at what is my favorite O.C. restaurant. Rack of lamb was perfect, the mushroom crusted halibut outstanding, the garlic soup truly unique and wonderfully tasty, and the crab and lobster cake spectacular. Service by Gary was impeccable and, speaking of impeccable, how about a nod to bartender Steve who mixes some of the best drinks anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right level of privacyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We had a group of 7. They placed us in a nice "round" niche of the restaurant (the far back right) where we felt like we had a private dining room almost. It was a rotunda of sorts and it perfectly sat us at the table - plenty of elbow room. It was very conducive for conversation and connection. The wait staff was fantastic and attentive. The menu was delicious and plentiful. In many cases - two people could share a dish. We also ordered a few desserts for the table - the waiter was smart to ask us early in our meal if it was something we were interested in because it would take approximately 25 minutes to make. Delicious. Worth it. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunch!OCMomDined on 7/24/2014This was my first visit to Bistango. I brought my mother-in-law here for lunch, wanting a nice atmosphere and good food. I was NOT disappointed! The atmosphere is cool, upbeat and refined without being stuffy. The artwork displayed is very interesting and the service was impeccable. My mother-in-law ordered the baby spinach salad with chicken and said it was excellent. I ordered the confit of duck leg salad and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have ever ordered. I can't wait to return and order it again. The menu is extensive and would be excellent for dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationARADDined on 7/22/2014I was so pleased with the reception received upon arrival. The birthday was acknowledged by the hostess and that was wonderful. The table and service, food, drinks were very good with just the right amount of service throughout the evening. My salad was a little disappointing because of my not liking the bitter taste of the greens. I don't remember if they were specified on the menu. The steak and lamb chops were excellent! The birthday dessert treat was disappointing with stale puffs and whipped cream - it looked pretty but just wasn't tasty. We would have ordered a dessert but were delightfully satisfied with our meal! We will return as the evening was just delightful.Special Features:
- Bistango the Best! Excellent FoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/22/2014I simly love Bistango, the service is immpecable, the food is amazing and the ambience is enjoyable. If you want to enjoy a fabulous lunch or dinner, personal or professional, Go to Bistango! You wont regret it, I promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestnewportfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We dine at Bistango often and the food and service are always outstanding. This time arouond we had the garlic soup and the brescaola for appetizers and the lamb and the filet on the bone as entrees. All were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very yummy...BongoVIPDined on 7/16/2014We have been wanting to try Bistango for a long time, finally met a friend there for lunch. Love how the restaurant is situated amongst the office bldgs. Really don't have one complaint and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not nice enough to return!PattiD1919Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by another restaurant owner.....so, we had high expectations. He said 'try the garlic soup" so I did. It was a little watered down for my taste. I had the Seabass.....again, I've had better!! I like the art work but the furnishings looked a little tired....better chairs would help a lot.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLuvGoodServiceDined on 7/9/2014It has been a while and I chose to bring a colleague for a business lunch. I don't know what the deal was- maybe because we just ordered burgers and salads- but we were not taken very seriously. I ordered my burger medium rare, it came out 25 minutes later way overcooked and the fries were cold. I had no chance to complain because Eduardo, our waiter, never checked on us once. Not once. We also waited a while to pay our bill. A couple years ago I had all my business meetings here and was always treated very well. Very disappointing....
- RickVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food and service was impeccable. The rack of lamb is the best anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 7/3/2014Superb food and service. Ahi tartare is a spectacular appetizer and the venison loin is one of the truly fine main courses you'll find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted1VIPDined on 7/1/2014Maybe we dined on a slow night. Beautiful ambiance, but disappointed in the food. Service was very nice, but in a slower mode. I can't really recommend Bistango but as I say, it was somewhat of a disappointment.Special Features:
- EdwinVIPDined on 7/1/2014THE BEST in the Irvine market place. Suggest you try the chopped California chicken....its greatSpecial Features:
- bootsDined on 6/30/2014Good food but not outstanding enough to merit the high prices. The artwork and music are plussesSpecial Features:
- SIMPLY FABULOUS AS USUAL :-)GlobalTouristVIPDined on 6/28/2014We are frequent diners at Bistango, went for my birthday and it was spectacular as always. Best food, ambiance, & top notch service - just an all around great vibe. Excellent food and wine list, must try the swordfish - lite and oh so tasty, a personal favorite. I have food allergies and they are as always very accommodating with no hassles and our orders always arrive perfect without any reason to send them back. Happy dining! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great After All These Years!LaLaViewsDined on 6/23/2014Bistango has a wonderful atmosphere, very trendy, nicely appointed, live music in the bar, and fantastic food with top notch service. It's on the bottom floor of a high rise office building, but you would never know it. Valet parking. There's a creative ambiance that you feel immediately when you walk in the door. Bistango is one of the few OC restaurants that has maintained a high level of excellence for over 20 years. Go, you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiviaDined on 6/23/2014Have been there before but this time service was slow and rather sloppy. Had to ask for the special of the day, it was not mentioned. Food took a long time coming but generally it is a fine place to eat. I will return.
- Ambiance and service over tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Ambiance is the reason for this restaurant. The art work and the open feel of the restaurant are what first get you with this restaurant. Then the great service. Food is only marginal and does not compare to Maestro's or Flemings. However, the food is also not as pricey as those too. Serving sizes are also smaller. Also the website may have different pre-fixe meals than when you order. I had my eyes on the hanger steak and it was not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014everything is always perfect and I am never disappointed!Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 6/14/2014I'm sure by now most people are getting tired of my weekly reviews of Bistango so I'll keep this one short. Try the pizza topped with shrimp, corn, cilantro,et al---it's fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.