19100 Von Karman, Ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistango.com/
- Phone: 9497525222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-2:30pm Bar Menu: 11:30 am - Close; Saturday 5:30pm - Close Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm to 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday 5:30pm to 10:30pm CLOSED SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Montoya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment nightly.
- Special Events: From a corporate luncheon in our Galleria room to a wedding in the Atrium Courtyard, Bistango can accommodate 20 to 350 guests with the perfect setting. Contact our event coordinator today!
A word from Bistango
Bistango offers artful New American cuisine in the award-winning Atrium Building in Irvine, California. Bistango hosts an extensive bar and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list with over 400 varieties of wine. The ambiance is further enriched each season by revolving modern art exhibits which are available for purchase. Bistango offers a full-service patio with comfortable furniture and heat lamps to provide al fresco dining at its finest. Our nightly live entertainment and dance floor will complete your experience as you listen to everything from Latin Jazz to R&B to classics to contemporary cover tunes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bistango - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Bistango reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)fit for foodies (48)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (34)good for groups (31)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- RickVIPDined on 10/18/2014Superb in every respect. New chef Christopher is fine tuning the menu and has added one of the best Osso Bucco dishes I've ever had as a Saturday night special. All meals are outstanding, the service is impeccable, and bartender Steve is an all star behind the bar. This is an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A class placeRBFeindrDined on 10/11/2014It is simply a class place to have a great meal with great service. The live music was also a touch above and for those who like to dance a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always..NicknameDined on 10/11/2014all just great! Great, food and service. I love the art work and find that extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistango BustlesJoefromJerseyDined on 10/10/2014Great find for great food with a decent happy hour and live music for dancing. Waitress was friendly. Drinks were very good and happy hour wine was fine!Special Features:
- Superb cuisine + Updated decorluv2enjoyDined on 10/4/2014Bistango ticks all of the boxes, starting with top quality ingredients, skillfully prepared and presented, a warm and sophisticated decor, plus live music that compliments your dining enjoyment. Bistango offers spaces for special occassions, a large patio for parties and much more. The Happy Hour menu served in the Lounge and Bar, provides a number of very tasty small plates to accompany your choice of beverages. Fortunately for us as a Irvine residents, Bistango has been serving diners for many years and is a restaurant well worth your consideration. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyOutoftownerDined on 10/3/2014Good combination of quality food, excellent service, spacious space, and entertaining music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Food was good as usual but the service left a lot to be desired. We had to ask for water 3 times before someone brought it. Waiter was very inattentive. Not my typical experience at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodNuuchDined on 9/27/2014Great service and as always great food. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerDDDDineDined on 9/27/2014We ordered both the complete dinners at $48 each, expecting something special. Caesar salad with boxed croutons--make your own. Salmon and sides were cooked appropriately. Steak was dry- no green vegetable and non-special, tasteless, but abundant (ie, plate-filling) French fries. Cheese cake dry, not creamy, with too little sauce. Nice dessert for those with a birthday. Lots of fine wines. Attentive service. Live musical entertainment should start earlier so those enjoying a show can also enjoy the music.Special Features:
- Bistango DinnerOdessaChappoDined on 9/20/2014I hadn't been to Bistango in a long time. I thought of it last minute. I will now go often. The servers are professional and of a bygone era - at least far better than typical Orange County. The presentation and quality of the sashimi plate, the beet salad, and the sea bass were incredible. I want that same meal next week. The beet salad especially was far different than even what I've had in Napa and Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experiencebrea2942Dined on 9/18/2014My friend and I had lunch here the other day and everything about the restaurant is 5 star. The menu selections are phenomenal, the food preparation is outstanding and the presentation is marvelous. I had the crab and lobster cake on the prix fixe menu and it was to die for. The salsa underneath the cake was sweet but not cloying. My friend had the lamb - outstanding! The service is without equal - our iced tea and water glasses were kept full and our waitress checked on us often, without being intrusive. The restaurant manager came around also to make sure we were pleased. All of this happens in a lovely, lively atmosphere. Eating here is a pleasure for all the senses. Dinner is equally rewarding. This is definitely a must-do restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prices and good locationJulieDined on 9/17/2014I attended a conference in Newport Beach and the concierge recommended this establishment. They are known for their seafood and steaks. Instead I ordered the kobe beef ravioli and it was mediocre. My company ordered seafood and she said it was delicious. We definitely enjoyed the live entertainment. I would come again, but order a different dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining amid artsuevDined on 9/13/2014We went for the art exhibit opening, and stayed for dinner. Fabulous dinners all around, the ahi was the best ever. We all will return! The art show which is especially worth seeing, might be problematic in a full house. Diners might be uncomfortable with people looking over them to see a piece of art.Special Features:
- Awesome service & foodSuperfaceDined on 9/12/2014Love Love Bistango!... great food, service & music. Restaurant very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinernicknameDined on 9/12/2014Probably one of the best dining experiences in the OC. Great range of appetizers and entrees and don't forget the soufflés for dessert. The music was varied with a sophisticated vocalist but still comfortable for dining. The entire dinner party of 6 had a great time with delicious food. Simply the best.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodnewportfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Consistently good food, service and ambiance since they've updated the main dining room and bar area. Best dishes are the kobe beef ravioli, the mushroom crusted halibut and the lamb chops. Only problem this time around was the air conditioning was not turned on before service started on a hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningNatilyDined on 9/4/2014Bistango is a great find with nice ambiance and very tasty food. Salads, soup, crab and lobster cakes were delicious. We also enjoyed the art work displayed.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicemwinsDined on 9/4/2014We took a ninety year old there for his birthday. The waiter and manager gave us extra attention making a very special occasion for all involved. We were seated in a quiet corner ask requested, the food and wine were excellent.Special Features:
- Bistango in IrvineDuaneDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food and service every time I've gone there. The venue is very attractive and parking is a breeze. Very worthwhile.Special Features:
- Best GF placeGFgirl99Dined on 8/29/2014I love this place and try to come every time I visit NY. The first thing they do is ask if you have food allergies and then are careful about it. They have gluten free ravioli, pasta, bread and desserts. Everything is delicious. Service is friendly. And the place is clean and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notamuncherVIPDined on 8/15/2014Seating has an impact on you overall experience. The mentality of the person at the desk is to fill the least popular tables first. Don't be afraid to refuse unacceptable seating. If necessary let them know of your dissatisfaction and put the burden on that person to step or leave. Do not accept anything below your standards.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMaralleDined on 8/11/2014I had been there many times and many times it's been great but this time it was exceptional!! Our server Mario went above and beyond to make this a special birthday for my dad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 8/9/2014Another perfect meal in every respect. The pepper crust on the seared tuna is an improvement over the sesame crust (which, to be fair, was also quite good) and the jalapeno risotto (made by special request) is the perfect companion to the spicy meat. Service was again impeccable and Hall of Fame bartender, Steve, was again in fine form.Special Features:
- Great Place - would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Loved the restaurant and the food. The only thing that kept this from being rated 5 stars - we found a band-aid when we opened one napkin - really disgusting and made me pay closer attention to everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobannonVIPDined on 8/1/2014Bistango was recommended to us by friends and it did not disappoint. Our service was excellent, and the food was delicious. The kobe beef and black tuffle ravioli is very good!!! As is the beet salad and garlic soup. My husband had a fish dish and really liked it also. The decor is nice (you would never know its inside a large office building). The live music in the background was a nice bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and serviceCillaVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing. The rack of lamb, crab and lobster cake, and souffle was delicious. Our waiter was incredibly nice and attentive. I definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingmartyDined on 7/30/2014Bistango continues to be a gem -- ambiance, cuisine, service are all without peer. The forver general manager continues to make this a total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodFoodyDined on 7/29/2014Great place to go for lunch. They have a special every day of two courses for $22. Crab cakes were marvelous.Special Features:
- nice but overpricedEthanGTDined on 7/28/2014decent enough food and a great ambiance for business lunch, but food is way overpriced for what you get
- Food was fantastic as alwaysjiggawuahDined on 7/26/2014Service was excellent, as was the food. Our waitress took very good care of us, and my water was never empty. My wife and my go to spot for romantic dates. We've been coming for the past 5 years and their food has never disappointed us so far. Their souffle is to die for!Special Features:
- Bad service .currambaVIPDined on 7/26/2014The attitude of the hostess,and the person that opened the wine ,terrible. The waiter (Mario I think) even worse. The person that finally took care of after waiting for a long time and complained was: Alex ( new manager at Bistango's) was outstanding and well as the busboy Jose Luis. We have been loyal costumer of Bistango and Bayside for many years. We are not planning to go back to Bistango's . Never had such a bad experience in the past. Food was good thanks to Alex..
- Order the garlic soupLizRDined on 7/26/2014Entire meal was great but that soup was over the top.Special Features:
- RickVIPDined on 7/26/2014Once again,a perfect evening at what is my favorite O.C. restaurant. Rack of lamb was perfect, the mushroom crusted halibut outstanding, the garlic soup truly unique and wonderfully tasty, and the crab and lobster cake spectacular. Service by Gary was impeccable and, speaking of impeccable, how about a nod to bartender Steve who mixes some of the best drinks anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right level of privacyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We had a group of 7. They placed us in a nice "round" niche of the restaurant (the far back right) where we felt like we had a private dining room almost. It was a rotunda of sorts and it perfectly sat us at the table - plenty of elbow room. It was very conducive for conversation and connection. The wait staff was fantastic and attentive. The menu was delicious and plentiful. In many cases - two people could share a dish. We also ordered a few desserts for the table - the waiter was smart to ask us early in our meal if it was something we were interested in because it would take approximately 25 minutes to make. Delicious. Worth it. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunch!OCMomDined on 7/24/2014This was my first visit to Bistango. I brought my mother-in-law here for lunch, wanting a nice atmosphere and good food. I was NOT disappointed! The atmosphere is cool, upbeat and refined without being stuffy. The artwork displayed is very interesting and the service was impeccable. My mother-in-law ordered the baby spinach salad with chicken and said it was excellent. I ordered the confit of duck leg salad and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have ever ordered. I can't wait to return and order it again. The menu is extensive and would be excellent for dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationARADDined on 7/22/2014I was so pleased with the reception received upon arrival. The birthday was acknowledged by the hostess and that was wonderful. The table and service, food, drinks were very good with just the right amount of service throughout the evening. My salad was a little disappointing because of my not liking the bitter taste of the greens. I don't remember if they were specified on the menu. The steak and lamb chops were excellent! The birthday dessert treat was disappointing with stale puffs and whipped cream - it looked pretty but just wasn't tasty. We would have ordered a dessert but were delightfully satisfied with our meal! We will return as the evening was just delightful.Special Features:
- Bistango the Best! Excellent FoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/22/2014I simly love Bistango, the service is immpecable, the food is amazing and the ambience is enjoyable. If you want to enjoy a fabulous lunch or dinner, personal or professional, Go to Bistango! You wont regret it, I promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestnewportfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We dine at Bistango often and the food and service are always outstanding. This time arouond we had the garlic soup and the brescaola for appetizers and the lamb and the filet on the bone as entrees. All were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very yummy...BongoVIPDined on 7/16/2014We have been wanting to try Bistango for a long time, finally met a friend there for lunch. Love how the restaurant is situated amongst the office bldgs. Really don't have one complaint and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not nice enough to return!PattiD1919Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by another restaurant owner.....so, we had high expectations. He said 'try the garlic soup" so I did. It was a little watered down for my taste. I had the Seabass.....again, I've had better!! I like the art work but the furnishings looked a little tired....better chairs would help a lot.Special Features: