Bistango Ristorante - NYC
415 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistango Ristorante - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistangonyc.com/
- Phone: 2127258484
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistango Ristorante - NYC
Bistango Ristorante is one of Manhattan's popular neighborhood dining spots, while being one of the eastside's best kept secrets. Since 1988, Bistango has been known for its appetizing Italian fare, casual atmosphere, and gracious hospitality. And since 2006, we've added Gluten-free dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistango Ristorante - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (15)great for lunch (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Allergy FriendlyAllergiesAreAnnoyingDined on 9/11/2014Every item on the menu is very, VERY good! Also, it says if every item is gluten-free and/or dairy-free. Being who I am, I ordered the creme brulee because I go for what I enjoy rather than what is the healthiest option, and I am glad that I took this approach! The owner came around to ensure that everything was of the highest quality, and it was! He then gave us each a glass of port.Special Features:
- Gluten free is the drawMsFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014It is difficult to find good GF cooking so for those with celiac disease this is probably a great choice. For those of us with no problems, the food here was ordinary. The salmon was too salty. The salad was overdressed. The pizza was fine but we prefer a thin blistered crust. The noise level was so high we had to yell to hear each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GF optionsJimSDined on 9/4/2014Had a nice lunch with two very good pasta dishes, one gluten free. Restaurant is very GF friendly. Atmosphere is casual and service was attentive, and we lingered comfortably afterwards. Food was very good, just shy of outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightNannyDined on 9/1/2014Welcome here whenever we are in town and love this place. However, we were there on Labor Day evening this time and had a very bad experience. It was like they had the "B" team working and no manager. The staff had no interest in the evening. First, we asked for a certain table. When we got there, there was another couple at that table and the staff said sorry but the couple was taking their time. That was not true as they were just on their entree. the cocktail was so bad that we sent it back (we NEVER do that!). Entree was good. Ordered a latte and it was so hot that it almost scalded our tongues. Sent it back again and then ordered a macchiato and it was also scalding. I don't know if we will ever return and that is too bad.
- JessiejessVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great food. Great prices. Great service. A keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Awesomebr5429VIPDined on 8/28/2014We travel to NY several times a year, and we dine here a couple random times each year. Every time, Bistango is reliably incredible. The menu is varied bit simple and the moderate prices make Bistango a place you want to patronize often. We always leave impressed with the food as well as the service.Special Features:
- Gluten free friendlygffamilyDined on 8/24/2014Excellent restaurant for gluten free options. We enjoyed the pizza, pasta, salads and the gf bread was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gluten free optionsJoeymacDined on 8/22/2014My daughter has celiac disease and she can not eat wheat based food items. Italian food is particularly difficult. Bistango has a great menu and the food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gluten free food!TCorVIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent gluten free pizza, pasta and fresh-filled pasta. Definitely try the raviolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and gluten free/friendlyGfdinerDined on 8/21/2014There are not many places that are available where such outstanding gluten free pasta dishes and desserts are served. We were with some people who did not have to be gluten free and they were also pleased with the food. Both gluten free bread and regular bread are available. Not all desserts were gluten free but many were and two that we sampled were excellent. The cheese cake and the red velvet cake were really good. The appetizers were also excellent. We especially loved the artichokes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We love this restaurant the food is fabulous. We come every time we go to new york citySpecial Features:
- Gluten-free heaven!!!PamelaDined on 8/15/2014Couldn't have been happier with the gluten-free offerings at Bistango!! Fabulous pasta! Many restaurants accommodate gluten-free diners but Bistango embraces them!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!gffoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food at Bistango is AMAZING. I have celiac disease so eating gluten free is not a choice, I don't know what I would do without Bistango as I live close to the restaurant and frequently eat there. Anthony (owner) is such a wonderful person, and everyone at Bistango genuinely cares about you. Gluten free or not, you will enjoy the food and atmosphere at Bistango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinning experienceBuckeyeterryVIPDined on 8/7/2014Just overall great food and great service. The food was well prepared and the staff was very well trained for this dining experience. The deserts were outstanding .Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGKidibuDined on 8/1/2014When you have a food allergy, eating out is so difficult. You have to put your faith in people that really may not understand how critical it is to make sure you stay safe. At Bistango Ristorante, there is no worry. I have celiac disease and it is the one place we can go where there is no difference for the enjoyment of people with food issues and those who don't. The food is just that delicious. They ask you in the beginning for any allergies at the table and after that, all is taken care of to perfection. It can get a little noisy inside so we sat outside enjoying the sights and sounds of Manhattan. It was a perfect evening. Go whether you have an allergy or not. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Gluten Free and DeliciousNoVATravelerDined on 7/30/2014We have eaten dinner here twice in the last month during two separate visits to NYC. Each time the food is delicious and the service very good. Each time we've eaten outside. A great choice for a guest with Celiac Disease and a great choice for their companion. Moderately priced. Well presented entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and safe for celiacsglutenfreedivaDined on 7/27/2014This is the third time I have dined at Bistango restaurant, and it has now become one of my absolute "musts" when visiting NYC. I suffer from celiac disease, so the fact that I can have a really good restaurant experience, and be safe makes it just such a pleasure for me to eat here. I have plenty of choices and the food is incredibly well-prepared. In addition, my non-celiac friends also had a great meal, so it is easy for me to dine here with friends and everyone have a great evening.Special Features:
- Gluten Free ItalianWoodyDined on 7/25/2014Just about everything on their menu is available gluten-free, including all of the different pasta's and bread. It was all very tasty- we had gluten free ravioli and gluten free tortelini w/ the calamari appetizer. We sat outside on a Friday evening. The hostess was very polite and offered us any of the open tables. Service was very good- waters were always refilled without having to ask and without being overbearing. We enjoyed our experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nordineDined on 7/25/2014I require gluten free choices and was delighted with the gf choices at bistango - they even had delicious crusty gf italian bread to start - excellent for anyone with a gluten allergy - my husband loved the menu choices too and he does not require gfI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Kips BatMurrayhillresidentDined on 7/18/2014A manhattan best kept secret and unique menu that includes gluten free meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableesp33Dined on 7/12/2014was completely empty for saturday at lunch. we are from out of town and they were nice enough to let us order from the dinner menu. braised ribs were amazing. great gluten free options.
- Nice and Cosy RestaurantmuckletoDined on 7/8/2014The service staff was very professional and friendly. The food price was affordable ans the food itself was good but nothing new. Gluten Free options are also available. I enjoyed anywaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014The fresh ingredients and tasty combinations made our meal a treat.Special Features:
- G-F GemNoVATravelerDined on 7/8/2014My husband did a search for Gluten Free dining b/c I have celiac disease. He came across Bistango, which we'd never heard of, but the reviews were positive. We were NOT disappointed! We ate outside despite the heat. The unexpected fun was the cheers coming from the bar across the street as goals were scored in the World Cup soccer game. It was an absolutely FANTASTIC meal with great service. I never get to have bread w/ my meal but they provided WARM GF bread w/ garlic olive oil for dipping. Just about everything on the menu is GF according to the waiter. When we ordered a bottle of the featured wine, the waiter offered to bring us a sample to taste. Had eggplant ravioli. DELICIOUS! Even had GF desserts! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free heaven!DesigirlDined on 7/2/2014Great option for people with dietary restrictions! Gluten-free and some dairy free options, and even if they didn't have it on the menu I'm sure they would accommodate you! I am definitely coming back again - new favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but too loudlanctransDined on 6/28/2014Had dinner here with my mom and 11 year old daughter. The food was excellent. All of us really enjoyed our dinner and dessert as well. We did have a reservations and would have preferred to sit outside but the tables were full. Unfortunatley, the noise level was so bad that we actually took our dessert to go. The three of us had to yell at each other just to be heard. It was very disappointing especailly since the food and service was so good. Sitting outside would have been much better. Not sure why the acoustics were so bad. The tables are not uncomfortably close. It was just loud.Special Features:
- Gluten free heavenMcdonowilVIPDined on 6/28/2014Finally an Italian restaurant that accommodates the gluten free crowd. Everything from raviolis to lasagna to a warm slice of gluten free bread as an appetizer. The burrata cheese was excellent, the short ribs melted on your tongue. Great food and some reasonably priced wines (for NYC) made for a very pleasant dining experience. I will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Gluten Free optionGlutenFreeBubDined on 6/27/2014My wife is not Gluten Free, but I am. We both had wonderful Italian meals. It was nice that I could pick about anything off the menu for a GF version rather than just a couple choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014The waiter paid approximately no attention to us. It took OVER AN HOUR to order our food. We had to ask the hostess to find out waiter. The food was fine, but I'll probably never go back
- hidden gemhappybakerVIPDined on 6/22/2014This hidden gem of an italian restaurant feels off the beaten track, but doesn't compromise on quality. I came for the incredible black pasta, so I was a bit disappointed on my recent visit, but my fish special was delicious. The rigatoni is a winner, too. Desserts are excellent, if you save room, and the restaurant feels cozy and welcoming. A keeper.Special Features:
- Good quality, but ordinary overallMPG1VIPDined on 6/17/2014The gluten free pasta we had was chewy and rubbery. No thanks. All else was of good quality. Frankly we expected more given the reviews this place received.
- Bistango - Gluten Free HeavenPhilDined on 6/15/2014I have been looking for a certified Gluten Free Italian restaurant for a long time…..& this one is a find. The food is excellent & absolutely Gluten Free with a ton of choices for Celiacs like me. It is a pleasure to dine in a place where you have choices as a Celiac & have Great Italian food as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014I love the gluten free food and the service is first rate. It's very loud, so not intimate, but a great place to meet friends. The red velvet cake was so good, in fact, that I got scared halfway through that it wasn't gluten free. I had made sure when I ordered, and it was, but it was just. so. good. I could hardly believe it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationDebNYCVIPDined on 6/8/2014We had a Snday brunch birthday celebration here, and everything was great. Good food, service - and a good time was had by all. Brunch menu choices were diverse and everyone was happy with what they had.Special Features:
- Delicious Gluten-Free FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Great place for a romantic, gluten-free Italian meal! The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great Gluten-free food!CeliacgirlDined on 6/3/2014I have celiac disease and wanted to find a restaurant that would suit both ME and my "gluten-loving" family in Kips Bay/Murray Hill. My search is over! Bistango was absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Such a pleasure for GF folksAnonymousVIPDined on 5/31/2014Bistango is so sensitive to all kinds of food allergies and limitations. In addition to gluten, I cannot eat corn, and though it was in most of the pasta dishes and their fabulous (according to my companion) bread, I had a wonderful meal. I had a dish with rice pasta and a great salad, my friend ate a non-GF pizza but also loved the GF bread. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and the place was very quiet, which was so nice not to have to shout. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great find!benecjtDined on 5/30/2014The food was delicious, the prices were very reasonable, and they catered to my (dairy-free) and my daughter's (gluten-free) dietary needs. We got to sit outside and the staff were so friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little gemHANENBERG11Dined on 5/27/2014visited this restaurant on our recent trip to New York mainly because my daughter is coeliac. Everything about this place is great. Friendly welcome, lovely food ,superb ambiance, absolutely buzzing, which we love coming from London. Next time we are in New York this place is number one to come and eat. GREAT. 5/28/14Special Features:
- Bright spot in a fantastic dayDGNYDined on 5/25/2014Went here for the Gluten Free (GF) menu and recommendations from friends. What a great find. Food and service was excellent and the prices were moderate. Really enjoyed this restaurant and would recommend to all. Especially recommend to GF crowd.Special Features: