Bistango Ristorante - NYC
415 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bistango Ristorante - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistangonyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 725-8484
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bistango Ristorante - NYC
Bistango Ristorante is one of Manhattan's popular neighborhood dining spots, while being one of the eastside's best kept secrets. Since 1988, Bistango has been known for its appetizing Italian fare, casual atmosphere, and gracious hospitality. And since 2006, we've added Gluten-free dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistango Ristorante - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (44)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (18)good for groups (17)romantic (17)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A wonderful Italian RestaurantMandRDined on 11/16/2014We discovered Bistango because it caters to food allergies but it has become a restaurant that we never miss going to when in New York. They accomodate all allergies--gluten, dairy, shellfish are the ones we're concerned with--but it's so much more. The food is great and either we or our guests have tried everything on the menu. The service is wonderful and the owner, Anthony, always stops by to say hellow and make sure all is well. You will enjoy this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best gluten free in nycSbufDined on 11/10/2014Bistango is becoming a reference point every time we go to nyc. My girlfriend is celiac and not only their food is fabulous but they make sure that you enjoy the whole package!! Highly recommended not only if you have food allergies but also if u like to eat healthy and enjoy wonderful food in a great environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!gfnyc9Dined on 11/9/2014We are never disappointed when we dine at Bistango, whether it is for lunch or dinner. You can expect great food and service. I have to eat gluten free and there are so many choices on their menu for me to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBethDined on 11/8/2014The food was great and service was wonderful. Neighborhood gem for sure!Special Features:
- Gluten free availOU812Dined on 11/8/2014We prefer this location over the new one, better portions, larger menu, and specials that we're not avail, or even mentioned @ The KIMBERLY. Good food, good experience, would return / recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Excellent food , anything on the menu can be made gluten freeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchJalaDined on 11/5/2014The food was outstanding and for someone who is gluten free it is a great find in the city. The management bends over backwards to accommodate. They are friendly, helpful, and the customer service can't be beat. The crustless cheese cake was the best that I have ever eaten and the experience was so positive that I returned the next night. Both entrees of gluten-free ravioli and fusilli pasta with chicken were scrumptious. An experience well worth repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Gluten free bread and lunch was excellent. A great find in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free YeaaaCeliacFeiendlyDined on 10/31/2014If you have to eat Gluten Free, this is the place! Dinner was great. We'll absolutely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worry Free Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014Food was beautifully prepared. Those who need to be gluten free can eat here safely even. The gluten free bread is heavenly. The spinach ravioli (GF) in pink sauce was recommended by our waitress and was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac FriendlyGlutenFreeBluenoserDined on 10/25/2014I am Celiac and must eat a strict Gluten Free diet, this restaurant was recommended to me by my daughter who is also Celiac and had visited New York City last spring. It was a fantastic spot to eat, I was impressed with the many options available to me on the menu and the ease with which I was able to order, knowing that the staff all knew what a true gluten free meal means. I would highly recommend to any one, but especially to those following a gluten free lifeSpecial Features:
- Gluten Free Heaven!cvmichaelDined on 10/24/2014Went for a birthday celebration for our (adult) celiac diagnosed daughter - first time we have been able to all eat gluten free and share dishes, etc...the rest of us were bowled over with the quality of the dishes and my daughter was almost in tears, so happy to be able to freely choose dishes she loves (especially PASTA). The food was delicious, the service solicitous, the wine very affordable - we had a great time and will make this restaurant our go-to place for every family visit to New York!Special Features:
- Excellent glutenfree mealCoMartDined on 10/20/2014Both guests required gluten-free meals. The restaurant was not only able to accommodate us, but most of the items on the menu were only made gluten-free. We even shared fried calamari!Special Features:
- Delicious food for EVERYONEJayLinnVIPDined on 10/17/2014Bistango is delicious! Everything was tasty - from the olive oil and fresh bread at start of the meal to the dessert to end it, but what sets them apart is their sensitivity to food allergies. All of their menu items can be made gluten free and our waitress was able to identify what is/could be made vegan or egg free. This is a classy environment where you won't have to skimp on flavor to get a satisfying meal that can meet anyone's requirements!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Food and service was great. We booked through Open Table and restaurant sent us a confirmation the day of our reservation but once we arrived they didn't have our reservation---luckily it was a Monday night and they were able to still seat us.Special Features:
- Gluten-Free TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Some of the best gluten-free options in NYC. Incredibly friendly and attentive service which starts with the owner who greets all of his guests with a warm welcome and thanks them as they leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsDonaldVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always exceptional in both food and menu creativity. The true definition of a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseHardworkingDined on 10/7/2014I was looking for a good place to have lunch with a business colleague from the Alexandria Center (29th Street and the East River). This proved to be an excellent choice. Quiet, attentive service, and good quality food reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jap2943Dined on 10/4/2014Entrees were excellent, especially the cavatelli. Also, the pumpkin cheesecake was very good. Unfortunately the carrot cake was inedible. It was flavorless and gritty. Sad ending to an otherwise very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellarminoDined on 9/29/2014We arrived late but were seated immediately and all went smoothly. Loved the gluten free special and the wine was reasonably priced and very good. A good straightforward eat, drink, relax, leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free HavenBrunchGreatVIPDined on 9/20/2014A a gluten free person who loves pasta it is always hard to find a place to eat. Normally I can only get penne pasta as that is the only gluten free option. Here you can have lasagna, ravioli, bread, and even desserts. This was by far on of the best places I have eaten.
- Lovely Gem of a restaurantnofussDined on 9/18/2014We went in on a Thursday evening and my friend and I had a fantastic time! We asked our server, Julie for recommendations and we took her up on the spicy pasta dish with sausage. My companion said she wasn't sure about the spice so Julie had told her father, the chef and owner, if he could do something about it. When the dish came mine was cooked as per the menu but my friend had her Chiles on the side. Awesome! Then the owner/chef came to the table with a nice chocolate gluten free liquor. That was a very nice gesture! For dessert we had the Creme Brûlée and the top had just the right amount of charr. Overall we had a fantastic time and loved the food, loved the service, and loved the ambience. We are definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluton free optionsjfoodhVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very good choices if you are gluton free - including bread and pasta though they do charge extra for the bread choice Friendly and timely serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergy FriendlyAllergiesAreAnnoyingDined on 9/11/2014Every item on the menu is very, VERY good! Also, it says if every item is gluten-free and/or dairy-free. Being who I am, I ordered the creme brulee because I go for what I enjoy rather than what is the healthiest option, and I am glad that I took this approach! The owner came around to ensure that everything was of the highest quality, and it was! He then gave us each a glass of port.Special Features:
- Gluten free is the drawMsFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014It is difficult to find good GF cooking so for those with celiac disease this is probably a great choice. For those of us with no problems, the food here was ordinary. The salmon was too salty. The salad was overdressed. The pizza was fine but we prefer a thin blistered crust. The noise level was so high we had to yell to hear each other.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GF optionsJimSDined on 9/4/2014Had a nice lunch with two very good pasta dishes, one gluten free. Restaurant is very GF friendly. Atmosphere is casual and service was attentive, and we lingered comfortably afterwards. Food was very good, just shy of outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightNannyDined on 9/1/2014Welcome here whenever we are in town and love this place. However, we were there on Labor Day evening this time and had a very bad experience. It was like they had the "B" team working and no manager. The staff had no interest in the evening. First, we asked for a certain table. When we got there, there was another couple at that table and the staff said sorry but the couple was taking their time. That was not true as they were just on their entree. the cocktail was so bad that we sent it back (we NEVER do that!). Entree was good. Ordered a latte and it was so hot that it almost scalded our tongues. Sent it back again and then ordered a macchiato and it was also scalding. I don't know if we will ever return and that is too bad.
- JessiejessVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great food. Great prices. Great service. A keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Awesomebr5429VIPDined on 8/28/2014We travel to NY several times a year, and we dine here a couple random times each year. Every time, Bistango is reliably incredible. The menu is varied bit simple and the moderate prices make Bistango a place you want to patronize often. We always leave impressed with the food as well as the service.Special Features:
- Gluten free friendlygffamilyDined on 8/24/2014Excellent restaurant for gluten free options. We enjoyed the pizza, pasta, salads and the gf bread was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gluten free optionsJoeymacDined on 8/22/2014My daughter has celiac disease and she can not eat wheat based food items. Italian food is particularly difficult. Bistango has a great menu and the food was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gluten free food!TCorVIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent gluten free pizza, pasta and fresh-filled pasta. Definitely try the raviolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and gluten free/friendlyGfdinerDined on 8/21/2014There are not many places that are available where such outstanding gluten free pasta dishes and desserts are served. We were with some people who did not have to be gluten free and they were also pleased with the food. Both gluten free bread and regular bread are available. Not all desserts were gluten free but many were and two that we sampled were excellent. The cheese cake and the red velvet cake were really good. The appetizers were also excellent. We especially loved the artichokes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We love this restaurant the food is fabulous. We come every time we go to new york citySpecial Features:
- Gluten-free heaven!!!PamelaDined on 8/15/2014Couldn't have been happier with the gluten-free offerings at Bistango!! Fabulous pasta! Many restaurants accommodate gluten-free diners but Bistango embraces them!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!gffoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food at Bistango is AMAZING. I have celiac disease so eating gluten free is not a choice, I don't know what I would do without Bistango as I live close to the restaurant and frequently eat there. Anthony (owner) is such a wonderful person, and everyone at Bistango genuinely cares about you. Gluten free or not, you will enjoy the food and atmosphere at Bistango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinning experienceBuckeyeterryVIPDined on 8/7/2014Just overall great food and great service. The food was well prepared and the staff was very well trained for this dining experience. The deserts were outstanding .Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGKidibuDined on 8/1/2014When you have a food allergy, eating out is so difficult. You have to put your faith in people that really may not understand how critical it is to make sure you stay safe. At Bistango Ristorante, there is no worry. I have celiac disease and it is the one place we can go where there is no difference for the enjoyment of people with food issues and those who don't. The food is just that delicious. They ask you in the beginning for any allergies at the table and after that, all is taken care of to perfection. It can get a little noisy inside so we sat outside enjoying the sights and sounds of Manhattan. It was a perfect evening. Go whether you have an allergy or not. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Gluten Free and DeliciousNoVATravelerDined on 7/30/2014We have eaten dinner here twice in the last month during two separate visits to NYC. Each time the food is delicious and the service very good. Each time we've eaten outside. A great choice for a guest with Celiac Disease and a great choice for their companion. Moderately priced. Well presented entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and safe for celiacsglutenfreedivaDined on 7/27/2014This is the third time I have dined at Bistango restaurant, and it has now become one of my absolute "musts" when visiting NYC. I suffer from celiac disease, so the fact that I can have a really good restaurant experience, and be safe makes it just such a pleasure for me to eat here. I have plenty of choices and the food is incredibly well-prepared. In addition, my non-celiac friends also had a great meal, so it is easy for me to dine here with friends and everyone have a great evening.Special Features:
- The following 224 reviews are from the Bistango Ristorante - NYC reviews archive.