16125 Chesterfield Parkway West
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bishopspost.com/
- Phone: (636) 536-9404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Rook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three separate, private dining areas. We have a room to fit your needs from 10-100 people. Contact email@example.com for any more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Hollingshead 6365369404
A word from Bishop's Post
Here at Bishop’s Post, we like to look back and celebrate our past. Always remembering how we got here, yet forging ahead. That is why you’ll find our menu stocked with timeless favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bishop's Post - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Bishop's Post reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (69)good for groups (45)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (28)great for lunch (26)scenic view (24)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great local restaurant in ChesterfieldRjonVIPDined on 11/23/2014The food was great. The presentation was quite appealing. The service was very good. The choice of shrimp and grits was exceptional. The wine selection and house wine was certainly above expectations.Special Features:
- Very attentive, accommodatingCathyDined on 11/19/2014We hosted a work group there, including guests from Boston. The restaurant and particularly our server was very attentive to our needs, adjusting the temperature (we were in a separate room from the main dining area), music level, etc. He checked in regularly on whether we needed anything but was respectful of our need to discuss some business issues to during our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go with firendspamstlVIPDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant has good food and a great wine list. It's conveniently located and you will be glad you came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Foodforall"HandyBillDined on 11/14/2014Yes, Bishop's Post is a food-for-all restaurant. From their chips/dip basket pre-appetizer to the desserts there is something for everyone. Appetizers were wide-ranging and salads aplenty to satisfy any palate. The entrees ranged from macaroni and cheese to prime rib and filets (with a few seafood dishes thrown in). The beef medallions with a cognac/peppercorn sauce were delightful and cooked perfectly. Side veggies carrot/broccoli were quite good. Wine selections were heavily California (anybody heard of Missouri wines?) and appropriately priced. Dessert choices were good but as a bread-pudding aficionado, it needs work. Service staff seemed new but quite good and well trained. Overall, a pretty good place to eat and a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOBBDined on 11/14/2014We had not tried Bishop's Post due to a negative review we read when it first opened. We decided that they had probably worked out whatever issues they may have had and give it a try. We had lunch there on a Thursday afternoon. The restaurant had a very warm and welcoming feeling when we entered, we were greeted at the door and immediately seated. Our server was involved with another diner for an extended period of time but as soon as he was available he attended to us. I had a chicken stir fry and my wife had a sandwich special. They were both very good and the server was attentive. We certainly decided that we would return for dinner sometime soon. I would recommend Bishop's Post .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 11/8/2014Had lunch there the other day and it was wonderful! Great selections something on the menu that everyone would like! Had the griddle burger with cheese and would put it up against anyone's burger, WAS FANTASTIC! Kelly was the server and did a great job with a large party! Would highly reccommend!Special Features:
- Loved everything about it!HappygirlDined on 11/1/2014It was our first time dining there and my husband and our friends just loved it. Food and atmosphere was great; our server was terrific. Also I have known Brandi for a number of years and she is amazing; total class act. We will be back; it was great. Thank you.Special Features:
- overall okfoodisyumDined on 11/1/2014Food was good (calamari appetizer some of the best we've had) but the service was sub-par. The waiter was busy and inattentive. Drinks took a very long time to arrive to our table and one person in our party got his food about 5 minutes after everyone else. The manager (?) offered to buy us drinks which was a nice gesture--but still was an awkward dining experience.
- poor service / good foodheadchefDined on 10/22/2014At 6:00 they were out of prime rib. We had to wait 10 minutes for a waiter to come and take our drink orders. The bartender had to ask us how to make a drink that was ordered. After a long while the food did arrive and it was above average. We were over charged by 10% for one of their drink specials. I would not recommend this place even with above average food.
- comfort foodLoiitDined on 10/18/2014The food was good and service very friendly. I felt my fried chicken was well priced, but my wives 10 oz steak for $50 was very pricey. I also thought all the drinks at $9 each was high for a more casual restaurant. I would go back for the comfort food, but no steak or alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodspinozaDined on 10/18/2014the fried chicken was bland, coated in corn flakes. The ribs were so salty that they were inedible. The side dishes were all good
- Lunch is GREATDbadjustDined on 10/18/2014Been here for dinner and for lunch....and LUNCH is better. Lunch there is more of a variety and more choices. Dinner if you like to eat healthy, you can forget it....there are no light choices on dinner menu....the lunch menu has lots more to offer. The food is delicious whether you are trying to watch what you eat or not....and that's the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely & Good FoodMocoloDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time to Bishop's Post. It is a lovely setting, great outdoor covered patio, a few different rooms to break up the large square footage...and the best part...good food. There is a nice variety to choose from on the menu. It is refreshing to have a good affordable restaurant west of 270...at last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedgb2014Dined on 10/6/2014Food was good but I felt a little overpriced. Overall a pretty good dining experience. I would go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...bad reservationsDaveDined on 10/4/2014We decided to try Bishop's Post for our anniversary dinner and made reservations via OpenTable for 7:00 pm. When we arrived at 6:45, the hostesses informed us that even though they had our reservation, they didn't have a table for us since "too many people came in earlier"...not sure the point of a reservation is if they don't hold the table. We were able to sit in the bar area (not exactly a quiet spot for an anniversary dinner). the food was good and the service from the waitress was good. Hopefully they figure out the reservation process and then it will be a fine restaurant.
- Bishop's PostLindaLouDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was nice and the food good. We had a very energetic waiter who was training a new waiter, so our service was really good. It was fairly quiet there, but we had 5:30 reservations...perhaps it livens up later. Overall a good experience, but not anything exceptional. I wish them well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 10/3/2014Had a wonderful experiece love the different menu something for anyone and the food was fantastic! Thought the severs were very attentive and thought there reccomenations were very helpful. The place has a beautiful setting from the inside to there patio. Would highly reccommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and good foodgoodchicnosidesDined on 10/3/2014I went to the Bishop's Post for the second time Friday night. I had the fried chicken which was very good. It is a comfortable restaurant to seat and have a relaxing meal. I also had potatoes, green beans and a biscuit with the chicken which were all good. The service was attentive and the waiter made a good suggestion for which wine to order.Special Features:
- Friendly hostessCathyDined on 10/3/2014The hostess, Darlene, is quite friendly -- such a nice change compared to most West County places. Food is very good and quite reasonable at lunch. Noise level inside makes conversation a bit challenging, even with the room only about half full.Special Features:
- Tasty food, but...sunshine292Dined on 10/2/2014Overpriced for the ambiance that you get. Went here on a Thurs night date night with the husband. For dinner, the lights need to be dimmed; funny enough, they turned on more lights in the dining room while we were there (around 7pm). The calamari was the best we've had in a while; my husband's ribs were excellent. The sea bass special was tasty, but not worth 38.00...across the street, PF Chang's offers the same level of tastiness on that dish for 1/2 the price. Noise levels are the same between here and PF Chang's- there's something bizarre with the acoustics- we could hear everyone around us. With the setup, this more of a family-oriented restaurant rather than a 4 star priced romantic restaurant (with the exception of the prices)Special Features:
- Not worth itUnnamedDined on 9/27/2014Comfort food at uncomfortable prices. Over $120 for two entrees, two drinks and two glasses of wine. Drinks were incorrect - ordered it neat, and it came on the rocks - and was watery. Food was mushy, and a mess. Carrots were chunky and looked like they were cut with a butter knife. Will not be going back.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good. Although some entrees seemed a little pricey. Service very poor. Sat for 30 minutes before anyone came to the table. Seemed very understaffed. Our waiter was full of excuses and seemed very surprised when we told him we had been there 2 hours. Took forever to get our check even after we complained.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful and the patio was beautiful!Special Features:
- Casual findThirstyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very casual! Great service! Simple but good menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful staff, beautiful restaurant with great food and service! Friday night they had a music on the patio which made for a wonderful evening! The menu is unbelievable it has classic and comfort foods priced very resonablily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Loved the food, the patio is terrific, the wait staff knowledgeable and fun, can't wit to go back!Special Features:
- We will try againHobbes636VIPDined on 9/19/2014First trip to this restaurant and while not perfect, they seem to be trying hard. We had to ask for the chips and dip that was supposed to be complimentary - wouldn't have known if a friend hadn't mentioned that some people got it and some didn't. It was very good. They were out of the meatloaf, so my husband got the shepherd's pie and I got the chicken, spinach and mushroom lasagna. Due to some kitchen problem, it took forever; but, the manager came over and apologized and bought us a drink, so we were pleased that we at least knew what was happening. When it came, the pie was smoking hot and not spectacular - some meat was tough and some very tender and there were darn few vegetables. The lasagna was terrific, though. We'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nice business lunchCathyDined on 9/17/2014Had lunch here with two business colleagues including one from out-of-town. Great service, super food, nice diverse selection. Quite reasonable prices for an upscale lunch place.Special Features:
- TomBDined on 9/17/2014Had lunch the other day and again had a wonderful experience, service and fodd were very good ! Sat on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful lay out best patio in town bar none. I would highly reccomend this place for lunch or dinner its the best restaurant in Chesterfield!Special Features:
- saydDined on 9/15/2014Our experience was pleasant. The server was excellent and our food perfect. Prices were reasonable and I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second verse, same as the first!citydinerDined on 9/15/2014Second visit and Bishop's Post did not disappoint! Bishop's Post made a great first impression earlier in the summer and we decided to take our son and daughter-in-law for their traditional birthday dinner. They were as pleased as we were. A success! Great appetizer - pistachio encrusted brie - yum; entrees - the pork chop, prime rib, and shepherd's pie - all really good (even on day two), fine wine - which was a must, and delicious desserts. Great service too. When I made my Open Table reservation I described where I would like to be seated - on the covered part of the lovely patio as rain was threatening, and there we were! Will visit again even though it is not in my neck of the woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Service Food OkChefCoupleDined on 9/13/2014Service at the bar was terrible. We got there early for our reservation and took a seat at the bar. There were several open, however the bartender never acknowledged us. Kept servicing people who were already sitting, and never even mentioned he would be with us in a minute. 10 mins later he came and asked for our drink order. Food was good. My husband didn't have any issues with his meal. I ordered the scallops. They were very tasty, great concept, but really undercooked. Waitress was fine. Nothing special. Menu is nice, will try it again because it wasn't terrible, just a few areas to improve upon. Lots of items on menu we would still like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 9/12/2014I really liked the new menu some new very interesting dishes, I really enjoyed the shepherds pie a wonderful comfort dish! Also had the new spinach dip appetizer was the best I've ever had chef rook really has it going! Love the service and the restaurant just has that comfortable feeling a real neighborhood gem! Wood definitely recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Just What We Were Looking ForDrJSTLDined on 9/12/2014We had been looking for a new restaurant, a place with ambiance and more importantly, outstanding food. Well we have found it with Bishop's Post. We live in St. Peters, MO and there is nothing out here like this and we had been going to Annie Gunn's and Bacana's for years, so we were used to driving out to the Chesterfield area for a good meal. From the moment we walked in the door we knew this was going to be a special place, and it was. Everything from the appetizers (bacon wrapped shrimp) to salads to the meals were outstanding. We tried the filet mignon and pork chop - and we highly recommend both. They even make a very good margarita!! The service is second to none. This is on our list of favorites now!!Special Features:
- NewbieLv2dineDined on 9/9/2014We have never been to Bishop's Post and found it to be a very good find. Our brother has been there a few times before and we found it to be very enjoying and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchMomDined on 9/5/2014The food was very good, (with some interesting twists on old standards like the "chicken-fried" bacon on the BLT) as well as being very reasonably priced. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived which made it quite noisy and difficult to carry on a conversation. They could consider adding some more "Noise-baffling" amenities to the decor. Excellent bar area and a lovely private dining room available for a medium sized group. Great outdoor eating area, however it was too hot to eat out there on the day we visited, shall have to return in the fall when the weather is more amenable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellVIPDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful patio (with waterfall); food was okay. Salad wedge with blue cheese not good - there were perhaps four pieces of cheese (which did not taste at all like cheese) - no blue cheese dressing. No cappuccino. Duck on menu online -- no duck at restaurant. Probably will not return. Very few other diners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014It was a lovely experience.... Good food..... Really nice patio..... Very nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steinVIPDined on 9/2/2014New menu that very day did not help the quality of the food. The meat loaf and salmon were average at best.Special Features:
- Poor servicekhbbDined on 8/23/2014The special for the evening came out cold, was brought back to our table after the other 3 diners were finished with their meal. Service was slow and poor. The food we had was okay, bit pricey.