16125 Chesterfield Parkway West
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bishopspost.com/
- Phone: 6365369404x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Rook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three separate, private dining areas. We have a room to fit your needs from 10-100 people. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Hollingshead 6365369404
A word from Bishop's Post
Here at Bishop’s Post, we like to look back and celebrate our past. Always remembering how we got here, yet forging ahead. That is why you’ll find our menu stocked with timeless favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bishop's Post - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Bishop's Post reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (125)scenic view (63)neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (51)good for groups (49)romantic (42)great for lunch (37)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- We will try againHobbes636VIPDined on 9/19/2014First trip to this restaurant and while not perfect, they seem to be trying hard. We had to ask for the chips and dip that was supposed to be complimentary - wouldn't have known if a friend hadn't mentioned that some people got it and some didn't. It was very good. They were out of the meatloaf, so my husband got the shepherd's pie and I got the chicken, spinach and mushroom lasagna. Due to some kitchen problem, it took forever; but, the manager came over and apologized and bought us a drink, so we were pleased that we at least knew what was happening. When it came, the pie was smoking hot and not spectacular - some meat was tough and some very tender and there were darn few vegetables. The lasagna was terrific, though. We'll try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nice business lunchCathyDined on 9/17/2014Had lunch here with two business colleagues including one from out-of-town. Great service, super food, nice diverse selection. Quite reasonable prices for an upscale lunch place.Special Features:
- TomBDined on 9/17/2014Had lunch the other day and again had a wonderful experience, service and fodd were very good ! Sat on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful lay out best patio in town bar none. I would highly reccomend this place for lunch or dinner its the best restaurant in Chesterfield!Special Features:
- saydDined on 9/15/2014Our experience was pleasant. The server was excellent and our food perfect. Prices were reasonable and I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second verse, same as the first!citydinerDined on 9/15/2014Second visit and Bishop's Post did not disappoint! Bishop's Post made a great first impression earlier in the summer and we decided to take our son and daughter-in-law for their traditional birthday dinner. They were as pleased as we were. A success! Great appetizer - pistachio encrusted brie - yum; entrees - the pork chop, prime rib, and shepherd's pie - all really good (even on day two), fine wine - which was a must, and delicious desserts. Great service too. When I made my Open Table reservation I described where I would like to be seated - on the covered part of the lovely patio as rain was threatening, and there we were! Will visit again even though it is not in my neck of the woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Service Food OkChefCoupleDined on 9/13/2014Service at the bar was terrible. We got there early for our reservation and took a seat at the bar. There were several open, however the bartender never acknowledged us. Kept servicing people who were already sitting, and never even mentioned he would be with us in a minute. 10 mins later he came and asked for our drink order. Food was good. My husband didn't have any issues with his meal. I ordered the scallops. They were very tasty, great concept, but really undercooked. Waitress was fine. Nothing special. Menu is nice, will try it again because it wasn't terrible, just a few areas to improve upon. Lots of items on menu we would still like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 9/12/2014I really liked the new menu some new very interesting dishes, I really enjoyed the shepherds pie a wonderful comfort dish! Also had the new spinach dip appetizer was the best I've ever had chef rook really has it going! Love the service and the restaurant just has that comfortable feeling a real neighborhood gem! Wood definitely recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Just What We Were Looking ForDrJSTLDined on 9/12/2014We had been looking for a new restaurant, a place with ambiance and more importantly, outstanding food. Well we have found it with Bishop's Post. We live in St. Peters, MO and there is nothing out here like this and we had been going to Annie Gunn's and Bacana's for years, so we were used to driving out to the Chesterfield area for a good meal. From the moment we walked in the door we knew this was going to be a special place, and it was. Everything from the appetizers (bacon wrapped shrimp) to salads to the meals were outstanding. We tried the filet mignon and pork chop - and we highly recommend both. They even make a very good margarita!! The service is second to none. This is on our list of favorites now!!Special Features:
- NewbieLv2dineDined on 9/9/2014We have never been to Bishop's Post and found it to be a very good find. Our brother has been there a few times before and we found it to be very enjoying and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchMomDined on 9/5/2014The food was very good, (with some interesting twists on old standards like the "chicken-fried" bacon on the BLT) as well as being very reasonably priced. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived which made it quite noisy and difficult to carry on a conversation. They could consider adding some more "Noise-baffling" amenities to the decor. Excellent bar area and a lovely private dining room available for a medium sized group. Great outdoor eating area, however it was too hot to eat out there on the day we visited, shall have to return in the fall when the weather is more amenable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellVIPDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful patio (with waterfall); food was okay. Salad wedge with blue cheese not good - there were perhaps four pieces of cheese (which did not taste at all like cheese) - no blue cheese dressing. No cappuccino. Duck on menu online -- no duck at restaurant. Probably will not return. Very few other diners.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014It was a lovely experience.... Good food..... Really nice patio..... Very nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2014New menu that very day did not help the quality of the food. The meat loaf and salmon were average at best.Special Features:
- Poor servicekhbbDined on 8/23/2014The special for the evening came out cold, was brought back to our table after the other 3 diners were finished with their meal. Service was slow and poor. The food we had was okay, bit pricey.
- Perfect way to relaxbmoreVIPDined on 8/20/2014If your're looking for a great outdoor dining experience, this is the place. We had six in our party & decided to eat on the patio. It threatened rain and we were graciously moved to a covered area. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer. All in our party were pleased with their selections. Most of us had soup or salad to start. I had the house salad, that was light & fresh. The entrée I chose was a specialty dish for the night_ahi #1 grade tuna, over a flavorful roasted vegetable slaw. It also included the wasabi mashed potatoes that were perfect with the entrée. The deserts looked very good. I had a mojito too that was just right. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Good food great serviceJmacDined on 8/17/2014We had a lovely meal here with our family. The food was excellent and our server Brandy was attentive and friendly. Loved the fried chicken special. Loved shrimp and grits. Great wine list. Patio is best in west county!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 8/17/2014Once again there fried chicken dinner is the best in St Louis! Beautiful resturant and an extreamly friendly staff that always seam to go out of there way to make you feel comfortable and welcome! Would highly reccomend it! Definately going back!Special Features:
- LindaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is perfect. They have a great menu. Best patio in St. Louis.Special Features:
- GREAT BUSINESS LUNCHstlarryVIPDined on 8/14/2014Only the maitre d desk fell down on the job. I was properly greeted and reservation.acknowledged. Even with a description my guest was seated and told there was no.reservation under my name. During busy times the OT reservation could have been found and my description of the guest used. On the patio a valiant attempt by a few to position the umbrellas should have been a task for all. Nice expert could have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old3pointerDined on 8/13/2014Was treated to dinner by a brother-in-law from out of town. My wife had been to Justice Post for lunch with some friends and said there was a lovely outdoor eating space so we decided to have dinner there. It was a great experience the wait staff was very attentive without being bothersome and the food was excellent. We will be returning for son's birthday since he loves ribs which we did not have but saw delivered to several tables and they looked fabulousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014live music on wonderful patio was perfect for a rare beautiful August night in St. Louis!Special Features:
- Lovely evening!lovefoodDined on 8/11/2014Food and service were excellent. This place has a gorgeous patio; one of the very best outdoor dining spots in town! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!MommyNeedsANightOutDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed a nice evening on the patio, with a beautiful view of the gorgeous landscaping. The food was excellent! It was such a "treat" to receive homemade potato chips and onion dip on our table as soon as we sat down! Our appetizers and entrees were all delicious, and the gooey butter cake is a MUST to try for dessert. We will be going back again soon, and we will also keep Bishop's Post in mind for hosting small events!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, lovely garden...1DinnerdinerDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner in the garden. It had been a hot day - but the temperature in the garden was pleasant. The waterfall provided a nice back drop for the evening - and it lulled the voices of the people at the tables around us. We had "flash" fried calamari and bacon wrapped shrimp for appetizers. Both were perfectly prepared - and delicious. Among the other items on the menu that we tried were the iceberg wedge salad, beef tenderloin bruchetta, Dave's spicey seafood and andouille sausage gumbo and the four cheese chicken lasagna. We loved them all. Will definitly go back. We also received a complimentary "anniversary" dessert - the perfect way to end a lovely evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bishop's PostOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was fine, overpriced however...meal for two with tip, 3 drinks was over $100.
- Bishop's PostMilhausDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful location for special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.) Excellent service. Wide variety of apps. Greeted by each staff member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here twice recently, and found the food to be just what we were looking for. The mashed potatoes and beef medallions were great. The price to value of the restaurant is extremely good. We have added this to our normal restaurant rotation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the PatioDinnerDined on 8/8/2014We dined on a Friday evening with longtime friends. We shared a drink in the bar waiting for our friends to arrive. The bartender allowed me to taste three different Chardonnay's until I found the right one for me. Thank you because He was extremely helpful, patient and Informative. We moved out to the patio for dinner. The waiter suggested the Shrimp and Calamari both were tender and delectable. Steve and Mike had the Pork Chops highly recommended by Our Bartender and server...did not disappoint. I chose the Tuna and it was exceptional. Karen chose the scallops and they were tender and delicious . We all shared a taste and We all agreed; we will be back soon to enjoy the fall menu.Special Features:
- Just OK....FoodieReviewerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent service! Bartenders and wait staff go above and beyond to delivery the best service...however, the food is plain at best. Although a new concept for a West County eating establishment, the menu already needs an update. The quality of the food is not worth the price.
- Not a good valueBuddyDined on 8/7/2014Special chips served instead of bread had a nice taste but weren't crisp. Ordered salad WITH small plate but came first and then another showed up with small plate. Told brownie came with cinnamon ice cream and showed up with chocolate. Companions complained of soup being too spicy, and they are people who like spice. My crab cakes had more breading than crab. Will not be back for dinner. Too bad because outdoor patio looked wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice PatioDbadjustDined on 8/7/2014Food was over-priced and minimal menu with no choices for weight watchers/healthy choices. Patio is what makes the place outstanding, The pork chop comes with macaroni and cheese, applesauce and green beans. I did love the applesauce(best I ever had). The pork chop was good, the mac n cheese( but it was also good. Happy Hour is giving only if you dine in the bar area, which I fine strange too. The service was pretty great, which matters a lot. I asked about sandwiches, and they only serve them at lunch. Therefore, I’m guessing I probably won’t be back unless I want a minimal choice for dinner. The price for a pork chop dinner and ala carte salad is over $40.00 without drink. So you choose.Special Features:
- LindaVIPDined on 8/6/2014this was my first time to this restaurant and I loved it. The food was wonderful - everyone in my group loved the food. The staff is very agreeable and were courteous.Special Features:
- TomBDined on 8/3/2014The night was a very pleasant evening the food and service was first class as always. Sunday night fried chicken dinner is as good as it gets in St. Louis. The outdoor patio is spectacular with the waterfall and beautiful landscaping not many places like it in St Louis! Would highly reccomend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceteachDined on 8/2/2014calamari and trout appetizers were lovely. scallops, salmon, and beef entrees..all delicious! warm chocolate brownie with ice cream yummy! outside dining was beautiful and enjoyable! will definitely go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time Dine - 1st Time Reg MenukeladewigDined on 7/29/2014Last time we ate here was during Chesterfield Restaurant Week, so we wanted to return to try a few things off the regular dinner menu. This time we had the Louisiana spiced shrimp cocktail for an appetizer and the caprese tomato salad. For entrees I had the sweet chili grilled salmon and my husband had the scallops. Everything was well prepared and tasted great. No question though that there are premium prices here, so I'd consider this more a special occasion place than somewhere I'd put into regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodNickVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our second dining experience at Bishop's Post was as excellent as the first. Our favorites include the Fried Chicken and the Pork Chop. The Seafood Gumbo has a nice "kick" and is delicious. We have had great service on both visits. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best new restaurantLorryDined on 7/19/2014The outside view makes this new restaurant, but without good food and service ti would be like sitting in someone's yard by a pond. Instead of entrees we got salads and apps and it was more than enough food. I also had one of their specialty drinks -- yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience is better than the foodFoodieDined on 7/19/2014We dined with 2 other couples. 3 steaks had to be returned because they were not cooked propely. So half the table ate while the other half waited. The prices demand that they should get it right the first time. They need to add bread to the menu!! I suppose the chips are supposed to replace that. But that really doesn't work. For the price, it could have been better and I never complain or even give rviews. But I thought the experience should be noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RR1965RhondaVIPDined on 7/18/2014The outdoor patio was beautiful, although I thought it was very loud at 6:30 because of the band. I suggest waiting until a little later to start the music. We had excellent service. The food was very good, but a bit pricey. Our bill with tip was $180 for two. I had scallops and they were delicious. My husband had the filet, which was good. They also have a great dessert selection. It was definitely an older crowd. I would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Must try Chicken Salad!HubieDined on 7/17/2014Have eaten here 3 times, for lunch, and everything is great. The Chicken salad on a croissant is the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.