Bishop Grill - San Ramon Marriott
2600 Bishop Drive
San Ramon, CA 94583Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bishop Grill - San Ramon Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/oaksr-san-ramon-marriott/
- Phone: 9252446120x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday and Sunday Buffet : 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm and 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Avilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bishop Grill - San Ramon Marriott
Enjoy a mix of contemporary American dishes with California influences. Bishop Grill is located in Bishop Ranch in the San Ramon Marriott. There's everything from fresh seafood to juicy steaks, plus the world famous Marriott burger and healthy seasonal salads. Pair these with a nice glass of wine from local wineriers from the best regions in the area. Maybe try a pint of micro-brews from our 12 draft beers on tap like Sierra Nevada, Anchor Steam and Schubros Brewery, which is from our own back yard here in San Ramon. We also offer beer and wine flights. If Artisan Cocktails are your preference, we have a full bar ready and waiting! Our weekend brunch features great dishes prepared with fresh ingredients right from our very own San Ramon Farmer's Market. Come relax on our outdoor patio which feature large umbrellas for hot days and an open pit fireplace for cool nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bishop Grill - San Ramon Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Bit Disorganized but OkayJDVoughDined on 5/11/2014Third time we've come to Mothers Day Brunch here and this year things were a bit disorganized. We were five minutes early and the hostess told us to sit and wait to be called. Soon after a line formed behind the hostess podium. About five minutes after our reservation time they started letting about six families in line go in. Eventually, the hostess looked over at the three families that arrived early in the seating area and started calling our names. It's not the end of the world but we hated to see people being rewarded for arriving late. Add to this that some food items weren't ready and some hot items had been out long enough to start getting cold. It was nice enough, just could have been better. We may not be back for a fourth.
- An unsual experiencethankskdVIPDined on 11/27/2013Although the food and service were basically satisfactory, when we mentined Open Table, the wait staff and the manager on duty said they had never heard of Open Table. Another manager said she had heard of the organizayion when the manager on duty asked around the hotel, but said tthat the restaurant had no business connection with Open Table, and would not think of giving any information about a customer to any organization. Apparently someone at the Bishop Grill knows about Open Table or you would not have asked me about our experiene, strange as it was. We enjoyed our food and left with a smile and thank you.
- Business MeetingRichDined on 11/26/2013We had an enjoyable business lunch here. The room was quiet (practically empty) so we were able to communicate easily which isn't always the case at some places during the lunch hour.Special Features:
- Bishop Grill at San Ramon MarriottFoodie6Dined on 11/14/2013Attended as a business lunch. Very nicely appointed since its remodeling. Good menu selection at reasonable prices. The entree could have been warmer temperature-wise (bbq chicken flatberad) but other wise tasted good, as were the shoestring fires (the lemon aioli was very good). A very casual atmosphere that is suited for casual meals and business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected treat.theoracleVIPDined on 10/15/2013Went on a quiet day but the service was personable and attentive. Food was fantastic - want to go back to try other things. Would recommend for a pleasant lunch in a underserved area. Sit down meal to take your time and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service.vemoDined on 10/7/2013Fantastic food and service. The place to grab a bite to eat and drink when visiting San Ramon, CA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/16/2013From the moment that our party walked into this hotel dining area, I knew that I had made a terrible mistake in choosing it to celebrate Father's Day. The setting was not ideal for celebrations, the ambience was a negative one, scenery was lacking and the breakfast buffet food was very poor, but the barbeque lunch buffet was slightly better. This hotel should never advertise and ask for others to join them to celebrate any occassion. To be honest, even if I were a guest at this hotel, I would not choose to eat in their dining area...it reminds me of a dining area in a low budget hotel.Special Features:
- A refreshing and innovativeLuckyVIPDined on 3/7/2013A refreshing and innovative change from new name, decor and most importantly a new Executive Sous Chef who uses local sources combined with a creative approach to fantastic entrees'. This place will be a destination for the locals once the word gets out as it has to the many conventions booked including ours of over 200 will be surprised and pleased with the new twist on the originals. Chef Frank's use of the basic five ingredients in each of his offerings really is a true journey to culinary delight. The sampling of his cut flat iron steak with a reduction sauce/presentation/special spuds/green layers was exceptional; the "Mary" chicken was a classic with a hint of citrus, moist and no wonder it's probably one of their signature dishes.Special Features:
- My team and I had lunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012My team and I had lunch at Stixx & Steaks, and the menu was EXTREMELY limited. Service was slow, and the waiter did not pour the wine in the glasses evenly --- the first glass got too much, so by the end of the bottle, the last person hardly got any. We will not be returning to this venue, and would not recommend it to anyone.
- I expected much more. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2012I expected much more. The menu was limited. The preparation was unimaginative and frankly done to minimum standards. Service was so so. We were asked about the food and service. An example would be an orienal salad that consisted of a prepared chicken breast on top of lettuce with a few cucumbers. Scant dressing was applied. We dined here because we attended a convention zt the Marriott. The beef tenderloin was ok. It had a standard brown sauce, served with sad mashed potatoes and asparagas. The breakfast bar compared to a middle rate hotel breakfast.Special Features:
- A Little Help..pleaseSweeeteDined on 9/28/2012The restaurant is located in the Marriott Hotel. It took a while for staff to acknowledge us waiting to be seated. When I mentioned I had a reservation, the waiter did not check a list so I didn't know if my reservation was listed. It took about 10-15 minutes to receive a menu and about as long before the waitress took our order. Food was ok but not fantastic. I was a guest of the hotel and attending a conference there. It was the only restaurant in the immediate area. There was adequate staffing, but unorganized it appeared they did not have assigned duties, so the staff was trying to cover the bar, wait and clear tables, greet guests, etc.
- Never eat breakfast here!FdmedDined on 9/22/2012It was saturday and not very busy. We were greeted fairly quickly by the waitress and served coffee pretty quickly. The staff moved slowly and seemed to be overwhelmed by the tables that were there and encouraged us to use the buffet. We ordered off the menu. When the food arrived it was Luke warm. Like it was from the buffet. Our toast and muffins did not arrive with our food. The eggs were under cooked and greasy, like eggs poured from a bucket not freshly scrambled. The overall quality of the food equaled that of a cheap diner and wasn't even close to worth the 13.25 we would be paying for each breakfast. We complained about the eggs and waited for new ones. They never came and no one really seemed to care. Skip this place.
- We went to Stixx for the secondTThomasDined on 5/13/2012We went to Stixx for the second year in a row to celebrate Mothers Day with my wife and children. The food and service were incredible and we will be back again next year.Special Features:
- I had high expectations forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2012I had high expectations for the brunch since we were going to a Marriotts Hotel. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. We were a group of 6 and ushered away into a separate room from what seemed to be the actual restaurant. The room was filled with 4 big tables intended to seat parties of 10. It felt more like a private party room for 40 people rather than being in a restaurant. As for the food, there wasn't much of a selection. I was happy to see, however, that they were serving an omelete station, prime rib carving station, shrimp cocktail, and chocolate fondue. Other than that, there was not much more that was worth going back for seconds.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012We had a fantastic time at the Easter brunch. The food and desserts were great, and, to the delight of my daughter, the Easter bunny visited, and took all the kids on an egg hunt. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- If The Name Is Marriott Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012Went there for Easter brunch. Someone forgot to light the steam tables so the food was cold!!! How could that happen, especially on such a major dining out holiday? Your in the food and lodging business! THAT'S WHAT YOU DO!!! But the food there would be mediocre at best, even if it was served at an edible temperature. And this place is WAY OVER PRICED. In the past couple of years I've learned that ANYTHING with the name "Marriott" on it is going to be a bad experience at a rip off price. In fairness I've given various Marriott restaurants and hotels several tries over this period of time hoping that mine were just isolated experiences but they never get better so now I've given up on them.
- Hotel guest were having aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Hotel guest were having a meet and greet in the lobby area adjacent to the restaurant. The noise level was excessive, however well within the norm for such an event. The problem was the proximity to the dining area. This event ended at approximately 8:00 p.m. I do feel the restaurant service personnel were delayed due to the high volume of persons at the event. The wait for bar service was unacceptable.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a great Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Enjoyed a great Valentine's Day Dinner with my friend. The service was terrific and I would recommend this to everyone.Special Features:
- Great Service and Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/25/2011The service and food were great. The cheese quesadilla appetizer was delicious, and the large salads were very good, especially the oriental chicken salad.
- I won't be so mean becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2011I won't be so mean because the employees were nice to open that day and work on Christmas day. However, a lot went wrong. 1. it took forever to get our appetizer, 2. it took forever to get our food. 3. the food was not even cooked well. They did apologize, but it would have been better to have a complimentary drink or food, or discount. Especially because we had came to here to celebrate a wedding anniversary, so the experience here really stinked.Special Features:
- Had to wait over an hour fromOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2011Had to wait over an hour from time of seating to receiving dinner. Twice told staff we were waiting for our dinner more than an hour. Had to ask for refill on ice for ice tea. Food was barely warm when finally served. We were temped to go home and cook a frozen dinner from our freezer rather than continue to wait. Yes, we did discuss this as an option when we passed an hour.
- Met some relatives here thatLorraineDined on 7/10/2011Met some relatives here that flew in from Newport Beach to have breakfast with us. Thought the prices were high for this area.Special Features:
- This was both my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2011This was both my daughter & my first time @ Stixx & Steaks. The food was excellent, well prepared & appealing to the eye when served. Servers were excellent. Would recommend this to anyone, whether they were staying @ the San Ramon Marriott or for someone passing through San Ramon to stop & have a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Exceeded our expectations! The food was exceptional. Much better than I was expecting. Hope they do this on a regular basis.Special Features:
- The service was fantastic.ebrsDined on 5/8/2011The service was fantastic. Had the brunch for Mother's Day. All servers and management came by. We were not rushed. Will go back again and recommend others.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Brunch was Awesome!TThomasDined on 5/8/2011We attended the Mothers Day brunch and it was awesome! The food was the highest quality and the service was fantastic. My wife said it was the best brunch we have gone to for mothers day in years. The highlight for my daughter was the chocolate fountain which was acutally a hit for everyone. We will be back next year.Special Features:
- Junior was our server andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011Junior was our server and he was awesome he was very attentive, friendly and fast about getting anything we needed. The food was mediocre; I was expecting a little more then what they provided in quantity and in quality! If u want great service this is the place the Marriott has never let me down but if u want great food the one in sf is way better!!!Special Features:
- We waited a while to get serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2011We waited a while to get service but as soon as they figured out the assigned wait staff, the service was great. Enjoyed the Easter brunch and will definitely be back. Thank you for the recommendation!Special Features: