Biscuits and Blues
401 Mason St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Biscuits and Blues
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biscuitsandblues.com/
- Phone: (415) 292-2583
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sunday 5pm - 11pm
Club: closes half hour after show ends
Shows: please go to
http://www.biscuitsandblues.com/lineup for lineup info.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Southern
- Executive Chef: Emmanuel Garba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Steven Suen 4152922583x
- Entertainment: Biscuits and Blues was established since 1995. The venue located in the basement had received numerous best blues club award since 1995. Music is presented nightly ranging from Blues to Jazz, R&B, Zydeco, Funk and American Roots.
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com
- Cross Street: Geary St.
- Public Transit: Muni: 30 & 45 stops at front door, 38 Geary, Powell Station; Cable Car;
BART: Powell Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking deal: If you park at the Mason O'Farrel garage at 301 Mason St., you may park for up to five hours for a flat rate of $13. You must present your ticket stub from the show to the parking attendant prior to paying for your tickets.
Street Parking after 6pm is free. Best to get an advantage by queuing earlier than 6pm. Do not park at tow Away zones on Geary Street prior to 6pm.
Abundant of parking lots located within two blocks.
A word from Biscuits and Blues
Located in the heart of San Francisco's historic Theater District, Biscuits and Blues is a West Coast musical landmark where every seat provides an up-close, live music experience. Our all-ages supper club is a great place for the whole family to encounter America's greatest musical heritage! We have live music every night featuring national and Bay Area acts. Our full bar and soulful Southern menu compliments the savory sounds of our top-notch talent. If you’re trying to decide between food and music, you can indulge in both with us!Continued
No refunds-no cancellations for show tickets.
No refunds-no cancellations for show tickets.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Biscuits and Blues - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
Biscuits and Blues reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
late-night find (42)hot spot (42)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (16)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Music excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Went for the Music...excellent. Could do with a better receptionist!. Been to better places back home in Liverpool UK. Would go again if a good artist was on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening With Lazer LloydOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Brilliant Sunday evening out - couldn't recommend it more highly. Great value for money and entertainment value 100%Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blues and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014Great music the night we were there. Food was good: Catfish nuggets appetizer, fried chicken, jambalaya. Crowded, but pleasant. Music volume was just right: loud but not deafening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music Venue!SunnyDined on 11/15/2014Any place that can bring great music and good food together in a funky, casual atmosphere where people can simply get into the swing of the music is high on my list. But B n B brings it altogether in a terrific way. No pretention... great music, good food, comfortable atmosphere, reasonably priced add up to true funk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music venue!WIBobDined on 11/15/2014Biscuits and Blues is firstly a great music venue. But unlike some venues that require you to dine as well, the food was great. They have a southern themed menu. Service was great with the chef also checking with customers on how the food was. A plus is that they avoid a reservation/ticketing charge by using Open Table. A downside for me was that all single diners are seated at the bar. Many venues allow first-come booking of tables where things work out OK (groups of one and 3 sharing a 4person table amicablySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bad seat in the houseDoomdadDined on 11/14/2014Steven, the owner, is obsessive when it comes to finding high end talent. We've been enjoying music at B&B for many nears, and have never been disappointed. Great basement venue steps away from Union Square that's cozy, yet exciting. Although mixed ages attend, most are middle aged music lovers who are friendly and mature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a music venueGeorgeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Biscuits is, in the first place, a blues music venue, and brings national acts to SF with regularity. Food is merely adequate. I suspect frequent turnover in the kitchen, as the dish I typically order (the catfish with succotash) seems to be prepared differently each time I go. This time, for the first time, the succotash had rice mixed in. That's a shame, as it was the one relatively light, low-carb dish on the menu and that's why I ordered it. Cole slaw, on the other hand, was nice and fresh, lightly dressed and not soggy. It would be nice if the place got its act together regarding food, but I don't really expect that and will go for the music anyway.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris Cain is the best guitarist I've ever heard.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Chris Cain is the best guitarist I've ever heard. Service was great, our waitress' first night be she was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great night at Biscuits and Blues!RachMarkCardiffDined on 11/9/2014We visited whilst on holiday in San Fran as it was recommended by a friend. Had a fab time with great music. Food was acceptable for a music venue but the waitress took our order for a starter then walked off without realising we wanted a main too. We couldn't get her attention again before the starter came out so we made do with just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fried Chicken and BluesmarcNorcalDined on 11/8/2014We go to Biscuits and Blues for the food as much as the music. All the food is great, but we always order the Fried Chicken! Bar drinks are generally good to excellent. The venue is often a little on the warm side, so dress to layer down. The venue always gets full on most nights and the acts are always worth it. Remember to use the Mason/O'Farrell lot for parking and bring the dinner receipt....discounted parking half a block away can't be beat.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!LovethembluesDined on 11/4/2014I have been visiting Biscuits and Blues for the past 8 years, primarily of course, for the great musicians that play there.The food I have had there is good.My friends fried chicken looked amazing!Every time I go there it is because Chris Cain is playing and Biscuits and Blues is a wonderful place to see him as no matter where you are sitting you will have a great view of the stage as it is a smaller place. Would I recommend?Absolutely! By the way, the server we had was amazing. I'm bummed I did not get her name, but she was so friendly and very attentive.There are several parking garages in close proximity as well.This is a wonderful place to go listen to some amazing music and have good food along with it.I recommend making reservations.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningtryitagainDined on 11/1/2014While the service was pretty slow and the food was fair, all that paled in comparison to the amazing atmosphere and entertainment. You are up close and personal with the entertainers. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Biscuits and Blues and will definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was awesome service not soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We showed up at about 7 o'clock which was what time are reservation was we ordered our food, drinks and appetizers within 15 minutes of getting there. Our drinks and appetizer came out within a few minutes. Pur food, I don't know what happened, didn't make it out. we finally were told that there was a mixup in the back (which is hard to understand since it was all computerized)and it will be out any minute and then it still took a a while. We will go back but we may not eat there again. the food wasn't as good as normal and the service definitely wasn't good. hopefully it was a one time thing. I guess we'll see next time we go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment was GreattrenglandDined on 11/1/2014We were there for our friend's 50th birthday. We tried to tell the wait staff, so the band could announce it, but couldn't get anyone's attention. We were disappointed when they did announce a different patron's birthday, so we knew that was something that could happen. They were busy, and it took over an hour to get our food and we never were asked if we would like another drink (went to the bar and got it myself). Normally I would be understanding of that in a busy place, but the waitress didn't really talk or try to communicate with us until it was time to leave (and leave a tip). The food was good when we did get it and the music was outstanding. Next time we'll just go to the late show and eat dinner elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ambiancePaloAltoDinerDined on 10/25/2014Venue allowed a close connection with performers on stage. Service was very slow. Food was better than expected.Special Features:
- Hot Blues, Good foodmusicfoodDined on 10/19/2014Saw Brad Wilson at Biscuits and blues Sunday 10-19. Great small club atmosphere, good acoustics, good food. Show was amazing - band members circulated in audience before show, memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biscuits and BluesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great venue for live music. Very intimate. Not a bad seat in the house. On many nights they have two shows. Since I live 40 miles away, it is great for me to go to the early show, have dinner, see a great show and still be home by a reasonable hour. They only book the top Blues acts at this club, so even if you don't recognize the name, you can bet you will see a great show. I have seen Coco Montoya most recently, and I've seen him there in the past. He is fantastic, and this is a great place to see him. I am planning on seeing Rod Piazza and the Mighty Flyers at Biscuits and Blues in November. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocojbffVIPDined on 10/18/2014Entertainment draws us here time and again, chicken is the added bonusSpecial Features:
- Great venue...horrible restaurantsanfrancalDined on 10/18/2014Great for concerts, awful for food. I have been going to B&B for more than 20 years and it has gone downhill consistently for the last 10 years. Our reservation was for 6:15, we could finally place our order by 7:00, and our meals showed up at 7:45 in the middle of the concert. You need to have dinner reservations in order to assure good seating but that's really a shame since they fail in their food and their service. The sad thing is it used to be much, much better and far less expensive.
- Music while you dineDissatisfiedDined on 10/17/2014Very satisfied with our evening here. It provided everything it promised. Happy to sing the praises of B&B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not great but food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Server is very busy she had a slow start and forgot our request. Biscuits are cold. All else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down Home Blues with Great FoodPackinmomsDined on 10/16/2014Was there when Avon was on the Guitar and Vocals, Amazing.... His Keyboard , Bass and Drums was Right On . Avon set the Mood as Comfortable spas can be. The food was Soul food, We had their Special that night, Salmon with Garlic prawns on top, Pilaf Rice, grilled Vegie, We added Biscuits, Collard Greens and Coleslaw ... It was all very tasty. Reasonable Priced. Will Come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music and home cookin'CarrboroDinerDined on 10/11/2014The blues show we saw was excellent, as was the down home food, and there were no bad seats. Excellent!Special Features:
- Lee Rocker ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great venue for this type of group! Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Lee RockerTOOTALLDined on 10/10/2014Went to see x stray cat bassist Lee Rocker, was an amazing venue as well as show. Had dinner and drinks while enjoying great rock a billy. We had the hot wings as an app. Awesome and crispy. Fried chicken also did not disappoint. We will be back for more!!Special Features:
- Great music and fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/4/2014You come here for the music and atmosphere not the food. Food is ho-hum but everything else is stellar. My husband and I had a great time listening to fabulous Jazz and sharing a few cocktails. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had an awesome time! Entertainment was outstanding! Great atmosphere for a girls night out or a date night! Food was okay but the entertainment made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem for Blues and Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014My guy and I truly enjoyed the show and food. The opening act was a young person named Shun, who was a superb guitar player. The main act was equally great. We came for the music mainly. But the food was not bad either. Would definitely come back.
- Top Notch Blues ClubTheOtherBBDined on 9/30/2014Biscuits and Blues Club has great blues artists. Not strictly blues only because great musicians can rock it out and give you some jazz too. The sound guys seem to know the room because the sound is always great. The staff is around for your wants but don't try and force another drink on you. Nice people seem to go there. Take BART! It's only 2 or 3 blocks from Market Street. Just pass by Union Square and be glad you're not the ones sleeping on the steps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rltlawDined on 9/26/2014Great live music, but I would suggest customers accept the front desk's offer of ear plugs. Food is well above average, but not exactly for those trying to lose weight. Bar is very good, service is excellent.Special Features:
- Best Blues in the Bay!OkR8rVIPDined on 9/26/2014Get the early dinner show. Fried chicken and biscuits just like mama used to make (if you're from the South!). Saw Shane Dwight. Great guitarist and song writer..and crowd friendly too. He moved from Morgan Hill to Nashville so see him whenever he comes west. Grab some mp3's first so you're familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Blues musicbassmanDined on 9/24/2014Biscuits and Blues brings the biggest names in blues music to a room with great sight lines and pro quality sound. The food is ok, but not the reason for the trip. My wife and I heard the Kinsey Report there last week, enjoyed every minute of the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice bluesgoodstuffDined on 9/20/2014Liked the food but loved chris cain and his band! So the blues is the soul of the place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great live music venue! Food okay. Some items are superb while others are so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music yes, food noChowHoundVIPDined on 9/16/2014It's an intimate club enviroment that works great for the music, but we ordered 3 of the house specials and they were mediocre at best. You won't leave hungry as the portions are large, but they are rather flat. The best part was the biscuits with the honey butter. If you want to go listen to some music, great place for it, but don't go for dinner. Also, the service was slow. I'm assuming they were short handed. The waitress was hustling, but there were more clients then she could handle. She was friendly and didn't get stressed, but one more server would have helped.
- Great food, better music & vibeJAL1978Dined on 9/14/2014My wife and I went to Biscuit and Blues on a Monday night. The place wasn't packed but busy enough. We'd requested good seats on OpenTable but once you're there you'll see that there are no bad seats! Food was great and reasonable price. The live music was incredible. We're from the UK so can't visit regularly but will go again and will recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Blues clubANITAVIPDined on 9/13/2014Come for the music not for the food! Very good Blues Club. Great music.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We didn't go to biscuits and blues for dinner. We went for a show - was at 10 pm. When we tried to make reservations at another restaurant through your site for earlier that evening, we got kicked off and told we couldn't make a reservation because it was in the same proximity as another one. Ended up having to do it the old fashioned way and call the restaurant directly. Corporate America at its finest. Your site is also quite slow and hard to navigate. The fact that your questionnaire refers to "rate your dining experience" means you don't really know the outlets that you are making reservations for. While you can get dinner at biscuits and blues, it is primarily a music venue. Not a lot of meals served there at 10 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent bands, mediocre foodflyboyDined on 9/11/2014I regularly visit San Francisco and when I do I always try to visit Bisquits and Blues. Most of the occasions they offer VERY good blues music. Of course, there are variations. Unfortunately, the food is not as good as the music. Pity, because I really like to have dinner while listening to the band. What´s missing about the food? Every sense of finesse and love. You do not need to leave hungry, it´s not that bad. But nothing to brag about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Arrived at 7 p.m. for drinks and dinner before early show. No host to seat us (servers had to do it). Very few tables filled at that time but instead of taking our drink order when we were seated our obviously inexperienced server disappeared to go and seat others in her section. Had to flag her down to order a few draft beers and by the time we got them 15 minutes had passed since we sat down. And, this was at a time the place was not busy. When beers arrived we ordered food but didn't get it until another 25 minutes had passed. This was our 3rd time going to dinner and a show (which was great,btw) at B&B and having tried several entrees the BEST is fried chicken with a side order of biscuits. Don't bother with the other stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.