Biscuits and Blues
401 Mason St.
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Biscuits and Blues
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biscuitsandblues.com/
- Phone: 4152922583x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Club: closes half hour after show ends
Show: please go to
http://www.biscuitsandblues.com for lineup info.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Southern
- Executive Chef: Emmanuel Garba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Steven Suen 4152922583x
- Entertainment: Biscuits and Blues was established since 1995. The venue located in the basement had received numerous best blues club award since 1995. Music is presented nightly ranging from Blues to Jazz, R&B, Zydeco, Funk and American Roots.
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com
- Cross Street: Geary St.
- Public Transit: Muni: 30 & 45 stops at front door, 38 Geary, Powell Station; Cable Car;
BART: Powell Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking deal: If you park at the Mason O'Farrel garage at 325 Mason St., you may park for up to five hours for a flat rate of $12. You must present your ticket stub from the show to the parking attendant prior to paying for your tickets.
Street Parking after 6pm is free. Best to get an advantage by queuing earlier than 6pm. Do not park at tow Away zones on Geary Street prior to 6pm.
Abundant of parking lots located within two blocks.
A word from Biscuits and Blues
Located in the heart of San Francisco's historic Theater District, Biscuits and Blues is a West Coast musical landmark where every seat provides an up-close, live music experience. Our all-ages supper club is a great place for the whole family to encounter America's greatest musical heritage! We have live music every night featuring national and Bay Area acts. Our full bar and soulful Southern menu compliments the savory sounds of our top-notch talent. If you’re trying to decide between food and music, you can indulge in both with us!Continued
No refunds-no cancellations for show tickets.
No refunds-no cancellations for show tickets.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Biscuits and Blues - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
Biscuits and Blues reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
late-night find (55)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (32)special occasion (24)romantic (18)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Music while you dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very satisfied with our evening here. It provided everything it promised. Happy to sing the praises of B&B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not great but food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Server is very busy she had a slow start and forgot our request. Biscuits are cold. All else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down Home Blues with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Was there when Avon was on the Guitar and Vocals, Amazing.... His Keyboard , Bass and Drums was Right On . Avon set the Mood as Comfortable spas can be. The food was Soul food, We had their Special that night, Salmon with Garlic prawns on top, Pilaf Rice, grilled Vegie, We added Biscuits, Collard Greens and Coleslaw ... It was all very tasty. Reasonable Priced. Will Come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music and home cookin'CarrboroDinerDined on 10/11/2014The blues show we saw was excellent, as was the down home food, and there were no bad seats. Excellent!Special Features:
- Lee Rocker ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great venue for this type of group! Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Lee RockerTOOTALLDined on 10/10/2014Went to see x stray cat bassist Lee Rocker, was an amazing venue as well as show. Had dinner and drinks while enjoying great rock a billy. We had the hot wings as an app. Awesome and crispy. Fried chicken also did not disappoint. We will be back for more!!Special Features:
- Great music and fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014You come here for the music and atmosphere not the food. Food is ho-hum but everything else is stellar. My husband and I had a great time listening to fabulous Jazz and sharing a few cocktails. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had an awesome time! Entertainment was outstanding! Great atmosphere for a girls night out or a date night! Food was okay but the entertainment made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem for Blues and Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014My guy and I truly enjoyed the show and food. The opening act was a young person named Shun, who was a superb guitar player. The main act was equally great. We came for the music mainly. But the food was not bad either. Would definitely come back.
- Top Notch Blues ClubTheOtherBBDined on 9/30/2014Biscuits and Blues Club has great blues artists. Not strictly blues only because great musicians can rock it out and give you some jazz too. The sound guys seem to know the room because the sound is always great. The staff is around for your wants but don't try and force another drink on you. Nice people seem to go there. Take BART! It's only 2 or 3 blocks from Market Street. Just pass by Union Square and be glad you're not the ones sleeping on the steps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rltlawDined on 9/26/2014Great live music, but I would suggest customers accept the front desk's offer of ear plugs. Food is well above average, but not exactly for those trying to lose weight. Bar is very good, service is excellent.Special Features:
- Best Blues in the Bay!OkR8rVIPDined on 9/26/2014Get the early dinner show. Fried chicken and biscuits just like mama used to make (if you're from the South!). Saw Shane Dwight. Great guitarist and song writer..and crowd friendly too. He moved from Morgan Hill to Nashville so see him whenever he comes west. Grab some mp3's first so you're familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Blues musicbassmanDined on 9/24/2014Biscuits and Blues brings the biggest names in blues music to a room with great sight lines and pro quality sound. The food is ok, but not the reason for the trip. My wife and I heard the Kinsey Report there last week, enjoyed every minute of the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice bluesgoodstuffDined on 9/20/2014Liked the food but loved chris cain and his band! So the blues is the soul of the place..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great live music venue! Food okay. Some items are superb while others are so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- music yes, food noChowHoundVIPDined on 9/16/2014It's an intimate club enviroment that works great for the music, but we ordered 3 of the house specials and they were mediocre at best. You won't leave hungry as the portions are large, but they are rather flat. The best part was the biscuits with the honey butter. If you want to go listen to some music, great place for it, but don't go for dinner. Also, the service was slow. I'm assuming they were short handed. The waitress was hustling, but there were more clients then she could handle. She was friendly and didn't get stressed, but one more server would have helped.
- Great food, better music & vibeJAL1978Dined on 9/14/2014My wife and I went to Biscuit and Blues on a Monday night. The place wasn't packed but busy enough. We'd requested good seats on OpenTable but once you're there you'll see that there are no bad seats! Food was great and reasonable price. The live music was incredible. We're from the UK so can't visit regularly but will go again and will recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Blues clubANITAVIPDined on 9/13/2014Come for the music not for the food! Very good Blues Club. Great music.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We didn't go to biscuits and blues for dinner. We went for a show - was at 10 pm. When we tried to make reservations at another restaurant through your site for earlier that evening, we got kicked off and told we couldn't make a reservation because it was in the same proximity as another one. Ended up having to do it the old fashioned way and call the restaurant directly. Corporate America at its finest. Your site is also quite slow and hard to navigate. The fact that your questionnaire refers to "rate your dining experience" means you don't really know the outlets that you are making reservations for. While you can get dinner at biscuits and blues, it is primarily a music venue. Not a lot of meals served there at 10 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent bands, mediocre foodflyboyDined on 9/11/2014I regularly visit San Francisco and when I do I always try to visit Bisquits and Blues. Most of the occasions they offer VERY good blues music. Of course, there are variations. Unfortunately, the food is not as good as the music. Pity, because I really like to have dinner while listening to the band. What´s missing about the food? Every sense of finesse and love. You do not need to leave hungry, it´s not that bad. But nothing to brag about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Arrived at 7 p.m. for drinks and dinner before early show. No host to seat us (servers had to do it). Very few tables filled at that time but instead of taking our drink order when we were seated our obviously inexperienced server disappeared to go and seat others in her section. Had to flag her down to order a few draft beers and by the time we got them 15 minutes had passed since we sat down. And, this was at a time the place was not busy. When beers arrived we ordered food but didn't get it until another 25 minutes had passed. This was our 3rd time going to dinner and a show (which was great,btw) at B&B and having tried several entrees the BEST is fried chicken with a side order of biscuits. Don't bother with the other stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great basement blues experiencetheeggDined on 9/10/2014Great beer selection, we tried various sharing plates and the food was well prepared and tasty. Service was prompt, all round good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbly IntimateDogsbodyDined on 9/5/2014I had cajun catfish and my wfe had jambalaya. Both meals were incredible, really tasty, full of spices. A real surprise, as we had visited to see the band primarily (Shawn Holt and The Teardrops) who were brilliant. What a great atmosphere, small enough to be intimate, but large enough to attract real talent. Brilliant, thanks for a wonderful evening. I will certainly recommend the experience to my friends. I just wish that I had purchased tee shirt at the time, do you guys export to the UK?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small venue for MusicimthereDined on 8/30/2014Every seat in the house - the best! Sound - awesome. Talent - off the hook. Service - couldn't be better. Suggestion for management, if not already in place - offer bar knapkins with iced drinks. Thanks - to performers for their personal touch to the performanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Superb music which is what we went for and food was surprisingly good after our concierge warned us off! The only thing that let it down was the incredibly slow service, our food took over an hour to arrive and people who came in much later received theirs ahead of us and we were only a party of 3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biscuits & Blues a SurprisefoodiejudyDined on 8/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the food at Biscuits & Blues. Most venues in SF offering dinner with the show have lousy food but the Southern comfort food here was very good. We enjoyed the show and had a moderately priced (for SF) meal as well. Recommended.Special Features:
- Fun NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The servers were on top of it the entire dinner & show. Live music was great!Special Features:
- clownDined on 8/29/2014This is a blues place. Food was good but secondary to the musicSpecial Features:
- Amazing! Great food! Great folks!MusikLife86Dined on 8/29/2014Though the night had to come to an end. There was no shortage of anything here at Biscuits and blues. From giant servings, to an amazing cast of smiling faced servers. The entertainment is always on point. From the cool sound guy in the back to the the front man blowing them notes! The room is always filled with joy. We have been to this spot over a dozen times. I have to say I can still wow her with the joy she gets when I say, "let's go to our spot." We love the music! Support it and live it. Thank you for always showing us a great time for our buck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bluesNeveragainDined on 8/29/2014The music was not blues at all, the food was Bland! The biscuits were the best thing about that place!!
- not so goodGourmetsDined on 8/23/2014Food was not good at all. Would have been better somewhere else.
- Biscuits&Blues, music great, food?PaulMDined on 8/20/2014I have been going to Biscuits and Blues a few times a year for at least 7 years. Once again last week I took a friend to see the Laurie Morvan Band and have dinner. The band was great but the food has changed. It seems less authentic Southern and the crabcakes are no longer available. We had hot wings that were nicely presented but not as hot as they used to be and a Cajun dish that was not authentic. Pity - this used to be a place for blues and the food of the South but it was clear most of the crowd were fans, not there as much for the food as they used to be.Special Features:
- Great EveningMikeDined on 8/17/2014We were visiting San Francisco and I noticed on Yelp that Mitch Woods was playing there, am a fan and it was block from the hotel so off we went. It is a subterranean place and pretty dark but after all it's a blues club so that is what you get. Our server was great, very helpful and responsive. Food was a pretty good rendition of Cajun fare, I had the Etouffe which was quite good and my friend had the jambalaya, she liked it. Music was exceptional, they had a great sound system; loud enough to be fun but not deafening. All in all an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 8/16/2014Great food, intimate blues ambiance and milieu. FunSpecial Features:
- Keeping the blues aliveDikRamboneDined on 8/15/2014Biscuits and Blues is keeping the blues alive in the bay. A constant stream of great blues acts in a great small club atmosphere. A true gem for music and food lovers alike.Special Features:
- What a gem!FindagemDined on 8/15/2014We love B&B! Been there 5-6 times and the place never disappoints. Have never eaten dinner there, we go to enjoy the live music. Yes, it's loud, in a good way. You get to be up close to wonderful performers as they pour out their heart and soul. Mixed drinks are good, service is great too. We will be back next time we're in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014The food in Biscuits & Blues cannot be faulted. It was very flavoursome and tasty. We had the ribs and the crawfish etoueffe for entrees. The corn & shrimp fritters for starters were melt in the mouth, and very 'more-ish'. It's just a pity the night we went, that there wasn't a lot of people in the restaurant. That meant the atmosphere for the show was non-existent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up close and in person.MMMMAMDined on 8/9/2014Great entertainment in a cabaret style setting, with food and bar service. You come for the music. this is my third trip to Biscuits and Blues and the entertainment has always been stellar. Try the peppered brisket… its better than the biscuits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great music...SteveDined on 8/8/2014We saw Tony Macalpine here on 8/8, and it was great. The food is excellent, the drinks top notch, and to top it off, it's a great intimate club for live music.Special Features:
- Tony MacAlpine showdublinmmDined on 8/8/2014This was an awesome show, I just wish however that the meet and greet was not right next to the door, everyone was piled up on the stairs waiting to get a CD or a hand shake. The sound system was great and the show was terrific. The early show was very nice to have a dinner first. I was very happy with my seats up on the side above the floor. The food was really good. The waitress was super nice.